You bought AND defended a beta test

>You bought AND defended a beta test
W-Why?

Attached: E2460629-6143-4380-A651-583D202C1807.jpg (370x600, 66.66K)

it was an incredibly fun game.
Fuck the cucks who wont admit it looks ugly as sin tho.

I haven’t bought a a Pokémon game since 2013.

>W-Why?
I didn't because I am not an autistic manchild that buys Pokemon games, go back to faggot

I did no such thing I want actual Pokémon, not this dogshit.

That means 2D and turn based battles with all of the only characters who matter.

It was a pretty fukkin good beta test and I'll be genuinely disappointed if they don't follow through on it. Only problems were a lack of serious trainer battles/gyms and the graphics. Even the boss battles against Noble Pokemon were actually fun when I was expecting it to be a shitty gimmick, though they need to be reworked so fighting them with your own Pokemon is actually worthwhile and you're not just throwing hackey sacks at them.

All games are beta tests, stupid. Technology is constantly evolving. You may as well laugh at people for buying Pokemon Red/Blue 30 years ago. That's how retarded your logic is.

>bought
And I defend it because it retroactively makes every other pokemon game a 4/10 at best

I refuse to buy this, or shit and shield, or legopiss. I will not buy any pokemon game which does not meet my minimum level of standards.

swordshield is fun, people on this website are retarded. it has the best lategame online battling pokemon ever had, and breeding is comfy.

>buying switch games
he doesn't know

Attached: file.png (756x1000, 166.01K)

pokemon huge sexy

I pirated and still think I wasted my time

>lategame online battling pokemon ever had
Maybe in terms of accessibility but dynamax is a shit mechanic that makes all official online formats unfun. I pray that the final SWSH VGC format is another dynamax free one, and that SV has no dynamax period.

same, I only got to the battle with the retard version of scyther and i deleted the rom after that

Yes and I'll preorder the new one

It was fun.

because nintendo made zelda and i played it when I was a kid

Most fun I’ve had in a Pokémon game in ages. Seethe, cope, and dilate

I'd rather play something innovative for a short while even if it's bad. There are a lot of games on the market that are technically "good" but so fucking boring because they do absolutely nothing new.

I had fun with it for what it was, I wish there was a bit more to do with the Pokemon besides collect them but it's a good game.

Best pokemon game since Crystal and close to my top 10 games of all times

Every video game is a beta test for new games

GOTY so far.. Honestly one of the most dynamic open world i have ever seen. Main game took me 90 hours and 100% took 140ish. Had an absolute blast with it and cannot understand why people complain about the world being 'empty'...?People also complain about it being ugly but i never really noticed or was bothered in the slightest, if anything the art direction grew on me as i played and the pokemon/animation have never looked better. They should justs tick to around 250 Pokemon in future games.

I finished it a few days ago and i'm having trouble filling the void. I was enjoying Monark but the grinding really killed it for me, maybe i'l just go play xenoblade or mhs. Any recs from this year?

Attached: PLA.jpg (1163x654, 112.38K)

Same

>Gamefreak trying new and different is a bad thing
Fuck you, also it’s fun

It's honestly the most fun I've had recently. It's simple but fun.

This is basically how I feel. It looked like dog shit, but I had a lot of fun. I always feel guilty for giving Nintendo money though.

It must be kino since it filtered out the failed normalfags on pc

Same, but it was 2014 because I have a weakness for Gen 3 since it was the first gen I really dedicated a good chunk of my time to playing. Only Pokemon game I've bought since Alpha Sapphire was Mystery Dungeon DX, and it'll probably be another 4 - 5 years before I buy a new Pokemon game.

Pokemon really went to shit in Gen 6, huh?

Attached: 1648321257709.jpg (900x394, 75.05K)

>Removed the fun battles, the only thing Pokemon has remaining since 2013
>Forced retarded Agile/Strong style bullshit
>Game mainly about catching, one of the most boring aspects of Pokemon
>Rather than make interesting battles for you to overcome with your limited set of Pokemon, the game wastes your time with Alpha Pokemon and the dumb watered down Diet Dark Souls-lite """combat"""
>Faux open world, combines the worst of both open world and linear games into one shitty package

Colosseum and Gale of Darkness remain the only good 3D Pokemon games even 20 years after release

Attached: 1636593131811.jpg (498x419, 28.67K)

It is the most fun I've had in a pokemon game in over a decade. Also I think volo's hot

Attached: 96120534_p2.jpg (1700x1785, 1.25M)

True, but most people on Yea Forums and /vp/ get filtered online by literal 12 year olds.
This is why you see a lot of garbage hot takes like , an irrational hate for online battling and never any posted ranks/elo/whatever

Should I give this series a shot in how many years? 3, 5? I feel it would explode if it wasn't a Nintendo exclusive

Looked like garbage but played great in comparison to any other pokemon game and did especially well as a spin off.

Aint that the motto? Gamelpay > Graphics?

Give it a shot bro, i was completely unable to enjoy any pokemon game since BW2 and even those 'good' pokemon games are mediocre compared to other vidya but this was honestly a contender for one of my favorite games and has made me like pokemon again.

Sword and Shield are the worst competitive Pokemon has been since Gen 2. Here's my ELO, I tilted a bit and dropped by 150 in both, but I'm still in the upper 50% of ratings.

Attached: wwIGcKl[1].png (528x224, 10.51K)

>Any recs from this year?
Maybe Live a Live for another JRPG unique experience

Oh, and just so you know, Random Battles on Showdown do have Dynamax enabled, and it's the most broken piece of shit ever. Every Flying type that isn't Skarm or Mandibuzz is an ersatz sweeper. You can lose from turn 1 if your opponent starts with something like Gyarados or Salamence or Komo'o and you don't have their dedicated counter as your initial Pokemon or a Ditto in the back.
>Well it's not balanced for singles
Singles is the only real way of playing Pokemon. Doubles is still gimmick bullshit and should not be balanced around since it inherently favors an especially small pool of viable Pokemon that keep the rest down.

Attached: 1647770242906.jpg (957x1892, 129.18K)

>GOTY so far
Not even close. Even Forgotten Land blows it out of the water, and that's worse than Star Allies. Elden Ring is also fantastic, and we're getting Sploon 3 + Xenoblade 3 later this year, both of which will shit on it. If even shitty ass Xenoblade 2 mogs the entirety of Pokemon's offering on the Switch combined, there's no way PLA is going to stand up to 3.

Attached: 1650942990700.jpg (1228x868, 199.39K)

Elden ring is the most normalfag dosghit i have ever seen become popular, it's presence on this board is a true testament to the degradation of Yea Forums and the internet ads a whole. It's literally bethesda tier normalfag shit and i will never fully come to grips with it's demographic being so present everytime i browse Yea Forums

The game would have been fine if there was shit to do in it besides catch Pokémon.
It has no puzzles, no gyms, only a handful of random trainers. The entire world feels empty.
The weird action combat boss battles and the fact that it looked ugly as fuck are also really shitty.

It bothers me it looks so bad

I mean tendies already did it once with BotW, why not again

Story, music, presentation, and fun fights is all a game really needs to be good. I really enjoy the Zanzibart style of story telling, too. It's basically Hollow Knight x Breath of the Wild, and those are tied for my favorite game of this generation. Not as good as either, but good enough.

Attached: 1500833469105.png (600x587, 349.6K)

When i saw the initial trailer over a year a go i thought the art direction was quite mismatched but it's fine in the release version. Then again I have always cared more about the substance of a game more than le gwafics, I remember when that was a common opinion on Yea Forums

>joined April 22
>worst competitive Pokemon has been since Gen 2
>fanfic
Dynamax does just fine in VGC
>Singles is the only real way of playing Pokemon. Doubles is still gimmick bullshit and should not be balanced around since it inherently favors an especially small pool of viable Pokemon that keep the rest down.
Lol. Doubles is just fine and adds a layer of complexity. Muh small pool isn't true and that doesn't, mean it's unbalanced

I have neither bought nor defended SwSh, but nice try.

It was good and I had fun

gameplay > graphics is true, but the game removed a shit ton of content from other Pokémon games, so it feels incomplete. Many of the people who dislike it dislike it because it has bad gameplay to them.

>joined April 22
I have close to 100 accounts for Showdown since I use throwaway passwords that I usually never remember, and if I get logged out I just shrug my shoulders and start stomping shitters again.

>worst competitive Pokemon has been since Gen 2
It's true. Singles is in an abysmal state even without Dynamax. With it it's entirely unsalvageable.
>Dynamax does just fine in VGC
It was balanced for VGC and it's still atrocious there. The world champ, Wolfey, says that it's the worst addition Game Freak has ever made.

>Lol. Doubles is just fine and adds a layer of complexity.
And takes away several layers of complexity at the same time. Two steps forward, 8 steps back.

>You bought AND defended a beta test
>
Stop projecting

Attached: 1634648890209.jpg (294x336, 31.25K)

Gameplay is objectively more interactive and requires you to make more decisions in the moment. Each pokemon you encounter has far more options available than in any pokemon game to date and you also have more options in how you react, prepare and approach each pokemon. This only cost held items (uninteractive stat padding) and abilities for some reason. Assuming the latter was ditched for balance reasons but removal probably wasn't worth it.

Traditional pokemon battle mechanic are absolutely dire. the most shallow basic and boring turn based combat you can get. It's very surprising that people react negatively to it being improved but then again the internet as a whole just speaks an unrecognizable language to me now so who knows what your average 'gamer' gets out of vidya

There are only two good things about this game:
>the quality of life
>improved Pokémon models and animations compared to past entries
Throwing balms is awful and the characters just don't shut up, so that sucks. The research is a chore too.

They didn't improve the models or animations

>I have close to 100 accounts for Showdown since I use throwaway passwords that I usually never remember, and if I get logged out I just shrug my shoulders and start stomping shitters again.
I'm sure you do.
>It's true. Singles is in an abysmal state even without Dynamax. With it it's entirely unsalvageable.
Not at all and even if this was the case, the percentage tier system should've fixed it unless the Smogon council is retarded.
>It was balanced for VGC and it's still atrocious there. The world champ, Wolfey, says that it's the worst addition Game Freak has ever made.
That's not at all what the cheater said. He made it clear that he liked it while hating PLAYS system.
>And takes away several layers of complexity at the same time
Not at all. Each turn has so many possibilities or and there are so many different gimmicks. Singles usually plays out the same:
Game starts
Person tries to gain an advantage while sending out rocks/spikes
Continue to chip as much as possible
Late Game step up sweep when someone is ready to risk it.

why lie? Everybody who has played the game knows you are telling a lie. So presumably you are doing this to deceive people who have not played the game. Why? i ask you.

Yes they did.

>but the game removed a shit ton of content from other Pokémon games
oh no the game isn't filled with dozens of trivially easy trainers anymore, the absolute horror!!! who cares about the quality of the actual gameplay, my """content""" is gone!!!!

>PLA bad
>PLA but with zero exploration, worse horribly slow animations, and even less challenging battles are the only good 3D pokemon games though

Just say you're a nostalgiatard next time instead of pretending you have a point.

Not really, the combat is just target Pokémon, throw ball, and sometimes you throw an item or two. Its not fun, especially for a game series whose core gameplay and mechanic has always been battling Pokémon. It's just such a weird decision to focus on catching Pokémon, something most people do less than ten times in a game, instead of gyms and shit. I know a lot of people will argue that turn based combat is boring, and they have a point, but still, its more engaging than just catching Pokémon and doing nothing with them. At least that how a bunch of people and myself felt. Hopefully gen 9 takes some improvements legends did, and put the focus back on battling trainers. Just to clarify, I don't mind the new catching shit, just let me use my mons more than once in a blue moon, I felt like I sent them out to collect resources more than I did to battle with them.

>throw ball bad
>mindlessly mashing A against shitty trainer using underleveled shitmon #29 good

Why must you keep shillin this game? It's already known to be a flop.

Turn based combat is fine. Pokemon's turn based combat is awful. I can't imagine actually feeling like you have lost something by no longer being able to engage with a such a system

Yes gyms, trainers, battle tower, online (for those into it), abilities, held items, and megas are fun. And shit like following Pokémon are nice to have. There's no reason to not have it in a game, it only makes the game better. They don't take away from anything.

>shill new game bad
>shill old game good

Pokemon fans stopped having standards after gen 5. They're gonna keep on getting worse, Nintendo has learned that no matter how little effort they put into these, they're still gonna sell like hotcakes. The fact that people still defend this unfinished garbage is utterly bizarre.

>padding the game out with pointless A button mashing to kill Youngster Jimmy using his shitty Bidoof makes the game better
No it doesn't.

I feel like you are the type of person they felt the need to give a mega lucario to in gen 6

You realize the irony posting this in a thread about pokemon right?

>>Removed the fun battles, the only thing Pokemon has remaining since 2013
it literally didnt, what the fuck are you talking about

why "after" gen 5? what the fuck did gen 5 do that was worth praising?