Why do Elden Ring bosses suck ass?

>Gargoyle duo
Mindless gank boss trash
>Fire giant
Horrible camera. Fire giant rolls most of the time so you have to chase him most the fight. Not to mention that second phase makes no sense at all. His weak spot is out of range most of the time so its better just to ticklet its feet rather than damage his hands
>Mohgwyn
Second phase become a particle effect mess. He spams AOE attacks that litter the whole arena with ''the floor is lava'' particles so you die from chip damage. Garbage fucking fight
>Foreskin duo
Another mindless gank. The devs got so lazy they just decided that if a foreskin guy dies, he gets respawned by the other dude until you deplete all their shared health bar.
>Godfrey
His fight is actually pretty fun until he spams AOE attacks that cover most of the arena. If you get caught by one his attacks before a AOE spam attack you cannot literally escape from that. His AOE radius is so big you have no time to rune away, dodge or do anything really.
Second phase is even worse. Godfrey combos never end so you just have to wait until his AI decides its time to cool down a little bit.
>Placidusax
Another garbage AOE ridden cancer boss fight. The only plausible strategy is to hit once and run before you get caught in one of his one shotting attacks.
>Radagon
Input reading asshole who stun locks you to death and gives you no time to breathe.
>Elden beast
Another spammy slashy boss fight that runs way from you most of the time.

Attached: 1635804666310.jpg (569x293, 40.26K)

Now its time for the worst fucking bosses in the whole game.
>Maliketh
Absolute fucking cancer. His input reading AI makes you trade hits most of the time in his first phase. His attack combos are so fast erratic you seriously cannot dodge most of his attacks on time.
His second phase is quite the most obnoxious and cancerous fight I've ever played. His attack combos just become a blurry mess of particles and lights you don't know what the fuck is going on. Maliketh is an anime slashy spammy hot shit boss that never calms the fuck down, never leaves you a room to punish and never stay still. If you manage to get close to him he just fucks off and leaves you hitting the air most of the time. This boss is such cancer.
>Malenia
Second most cancerous boss in the whole game but not by much. Malenia is such a badly design boss fight. Her attacks are to fast to dodge properly. Her life steal ability is such a cheap way to make her fight harder. I couldn't believe Miyazaki resorted to use such tasteless tactic to artificially make her fight more difficult. But the worst thing about her is the the insta kill water flow attack that sometimes can even be cancelled mid animation. Her AI is such an RNG dependent horrible trash the best possible strategy is to play like a pussy and attack her only when the AI decides to.
The series is fucking dead.

>to fast to dodge
ESL retard, opinion discarded

Remember when people shit on DS2 for having bosses that read your input? But now that it's in Elden Ring, people say its fine

>why do bosses suck ass?
Because they're designed to be "hard" because they took the marketing of prepare to die too seriously

This

Become better ye who lacks proficiency.

bump

Because they lliterally ran out of time to polish it. Worst bosses in any Fromsoft game ever made, not even close.

You say that when it's obvious anyone with a pulse can beat the game, you just use OP items and abilities. Doesn't make the bosses good.

Maliketh is quite literally meant to be beated by using his parry item

>just use OP items and abilities
You didn't beat the game.

>one of his one shotting attacks.

VIGlet spotted.

yeah ok my game says otherwise

literally the only issue with malenia is the waterfowl dance. If you are dying to anything else it is your fault.

More than half of the criticisms listed here aren't even what make the boss fights flawed, rather you just sound legit mad about for being a shitter. For once in your life, git gud.

The game is blatantly designed around using spirit ashes. Are you using spirit ashes? If you aren't, you're gimping yourself on purpose and then complaining that the game is too hard .

Yep, it's the shazamtroon thread

Attached: 1650929795384.jpg (747x1024, 342.58K)

Well, I used that item and it sucks ass. Maliketh's attacks are too erratic and fast to parry him consistently.

Cool opinion.

cope

To what exactly my friend?
I'm not the one who's bitching about the bosses here.

I despise most of the bosses in this game but most of them are built around positioning at a certain place and/or baiting out specific combos that you know you can punish. Beast Clergyman especially becomes way easier as soon as you figure out how to bait his punishable moves without forcing him into the double slash retreat.
The issue with this is that many bosses just don't like to cooperate at all and often have huge periods where you have no time to really interact with them meaningfully, especially with heavy weapons.

>Tldr
>"I, OP, am a faggot shitter that can't play videogames and only likes to complain"
Ftfy
Play the fucking game, get gud and level up faggot.

Bosses are some of the best in all video games. Shardbearers in particular the best main boss group in any of the souls game

>doesn't even mention rykard because he probably didn't even find him
Get out of here

Their designs are truly great. They're truly on par with Bloodborne bosses in my opinion.

Post-Leyndell is when bosses get a little bit retarded but they are fine otherwise.

I saw it user, I saw it.

*ring ding ring*
>Gargoyle duo
Smarag's glintstone breath
Smarag's glintstone breath
>Fire Giant
Ekzykes's decay
Ekzykes's decay
Ekzykes's decay
Ekzykes's decay
>Mohgwin
Fire's deadly sin
Seppuku
>Foreskin Duo
Dragon bite
Dragon bite
glitched rollDragon bite
>Godfrey
Borealis's mist
Agheel's flame
Borealis's mist
Agheel's flame
>Placidusax
Pest threads
Pest threads
Pest threads
Pest threads
>Radagon
Black flame
Black flame
>Elden beast
Pest threads Pest threads
Pest threads Pest threads Pest threads
Pest threads Pest threads Pest threads Pest threads

Feels good being an ARCgod.

Auto-correct fucked me.

reading those replies and other replies on any thread critisizing elden ring even in the slightest makes me question the age of your average Yea Forumstard

Attached: 1639104889006.jpg (300x300, 10.85K)

You're just bad OP

This but rock sling for all

Seek skill

waah
waaaah

i shit my pants waaah
waah help

waah
waaaah
someone insulted my only fromgame waaah
waah git gud waaah

>You say that when it's obvious anyone with a pulse can beat the game, you just use OP items and abilities.

>Game is too hard
>Game is too easy
You just sound like a shitter that couldn't beat the game the real way.

>makes me question the age of your average Yea Forumstard
Roughly 14 years old.

>radagon
>black flame
bullshit. That nigger input-reads and auto-parries any magic/miracles you try shooting at him.

100% on point with elden beast though. Thank fucking god for the stickied threads

Attached: 1643267336919.png (264x494, 114.54K)

where should I invade if im level 80? Just got the weapons I want to use. pic related so people see me, yes I know sauce no im not telling

Attached: 1619403281292.gif (900x1124, 3.26M)

Is Ranni cunny? That determines whether or not I play this game.

I didn't mind Mohg until I did a pure strength build. Trying to fight him with a slow close-range melee weapon is absolute AIDS with the constant period blood spam and the fact that he quickly combos into new combo chains that get me while I'm still the recovery phase of my attack during the last opening.

They aren't the only ones to blame, fans latched into this "dark souls is the hardest game" meme even though plenty of other action/action rpg are more difficult, better balanced and have more complex combat

What bosses did you wind up liking? I thought the Fire Giant was fun as hell when I finally got it.

She's flat like a loli if that counts.

I liked the Stonedigger Troll and uh........

If you want to be a real dickhead, invade in Altus Plateau by the Draconian Tree Sentinel. It's a strange boss fight in that it's (AFAIK) the only overworld boss that's mandatory and players can't just bypass it and proceed to the capital without killing him. But it's still an overworld boss, which means you can team up with the tree sentinel and fuck people up. And there's constantly people there summoning for him.

To be fair, that went out the window already with DaS3. That was where the souls games went from being about intentional, methodical combat to just being flashy bullshit. And now From is in an arms race with themselves, constantly feeling the need to one-up the difficulty and spectacle with each new release. Thus, the "hardest boss" of each souls game then becomes the blueprint template for subsequent standard bosses in the next title. This is the path they chose, sadly.

By all counts she isn't, but she's flat, small and has a cute and funny voice.

literally none of these bosses would be a problem if they didnt do so much damage. only annoying one would be elden beast because of the running away.

Unironically skill and tactics problem. Too many things to address so the short version is you suck and should feel bad. You are literally the cause of half your complaints.

I'm about 5 hours into the game and my only achievements so far are finishing the tutorial and getting the Tree Sentinel down to about 25% health with my unleveled samurai. I hope I git gud enough to kill him tomorrow after a few more hours of suffering. 10/10 would buy again.
>Just ignore him and beat him when you've leveled up.
No.

>Remember when people shit on DS2 for having bosses that read your input?
No, but good luck trying to spread blatant lies like that.

Have you tried not getting hit? You know, rolling, jumping, crouching, and blocking at the appropriate times?

Just FYI, you're not suppose to get hit. Hope this helps!

True, DS2 was the start of them leaning towards this, but Dark Souls 3 is where they went in but some of the old mentality was still in, Sekiro they went hard into this but they did change things up and gave us plenty of stuff to our advantage but it was clear that they were setting themselves into a corner with the next game if they went back to the dark souls formula, and now we have elden ring where you either use the shitton of overtuned stuff(not even talking about spirit ashes) or get punished by bosses stalling you with 10 hit combos while you wait to attack if you decided to play how you usually play or with stuff that isn't optimal.

Mechanically, I think Fire Giant (phase 2) is the most broken boss in the game. I don't mean that as in the hardest, I mean that whatever intended design that From was going for with the boss, it flat-out doesn't work.

They seem to intend that the player stays in front of the giant in Phase 2 and attack the arm bracelet, similarly to how you attack the leg bracelet in Phase 1. But standing in front of him is complete suicide with all the random attacks he can do against you that you typically can't even fucking see because the camera isn't sufficient. Therefore, the more logical strategy is to completely IGNORE whatever they were intended you to do and stay behind him and tickle his footsies with tedious chip damage. It's annoying, but it's the one place you can be and not get hit by a barrage of all his bullshit OHKO attacks. They completely failed with that boss design, it's the most broken.

Every SoulsBorne game is as difficult or easy as you want it to be. I personally get a lot of enjoyment out of level one runs. No hit runs on the other hand seem too tedious to me.

All the bosses you mentioned are entirely balanced around summons.
That's it.

Attached: spirit_calling_bell_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 19.49K)

This is the main reason why people who hated Souls games in the past love Elden Ring. The game is designed around summoning help.

Rykard, even if he was just another Stormruler fight. He was awesome.
Hoarah Loux, Radagon (Elden Beast is a bit meh), Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon, Malenia (as much as she pisses me off, she's still an objectively cool fight).

Yup. It's also why Elden Ring is by far the easiest out of the entire series.

This doesn't even feel satisfying. Bosses in ER still have the same braindead AI where it breaks the moment it has to split its focus between multiple targets. Yeah, any boss is going to be rendered easy if there's a punching bag that draws its focus and lets you do whatever you want.

It's not even balanced around summons. Summons completely trivialize fights. There's no longer a satisfying middleground to any of these bosses. You either do it the oldschool way where the boss is completely absurd bullshit, or you use summons or cheese strats to trivialize the fight and not engage with it at all. Neither option I find appealing.

If you're a shitter, maybe.

The game is literally designed to be played while using summons. And thats why the bosses are fucking cancerous to fight 1 on 1.

It's the sixth fucking game in a general gameplay series. Get better at it already.

This, but this doesn't just apply to spirit ashes, if you use the right weapons, ashes of war, spells you basically trivialize most if not all bosses, so basically if you get one of the many OP items you basically made the right/wrong choice depending on how view, no other game in the franchise had such disparity of power between builds

yeah ive beaten the game dickhead. but it wasn't fun. go fuck yourself

Yeah, that's what I meant by cheese strats. Not to mention stuff like bleed and frost, which seem to be outright mandatory for the late-game bosses with insane HP that you'd need to tickle a million times with your sword if you weren't resorting to bleed/frost to deal proportional damage and mitigate the ridiculous million-HP healthbars.

Wow almost like an action rpg game

that thing looks like that fag translucid worm shit from attack on titan

>no other game in the franchise had such disparity of power between builds
Because no other game in the franchise had actual builds, just slightly different flavours of R1.