When did the gap between Xbox and PlayStation close so much? Wasn't PlayStation ahead by more than double?

When did the gap between Xbox and PlayStation close so much? Wasn't PlayStation ahead by more than double?

Attached: wtf.png (282x231, 9.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180426e.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Nintendo is the only console for toddlers in the market

Snoyponies never stand a chance. They're pathetic as always. Nintentards are also pathetic. Why game anymore?

I would buy an Xbox Series S if I was still in college
Like the idea of a budget console that has a bunch of games coming through on gamepass would've been phenomenal if I still had that much free time
It's just a level of service that nobody else is really offering at the moment

>It's literally impossible to find a PS5
>Still 5 million ahead of the shitbox
kek

>nintendo has actual games
>snoy has movies
>xbox has...?

MS had to put Series X blades into their online infrastructure. They finished it and the tables turned. Enjoy the death of Piss5

>toddlers melting down over elden ring 2 months later
>fall back to spamming sales threads without "famitsu" in the OP because no one replies to those anymore
lmfao

you forgot the walkman

Attached: 1567541001618.jpg (820x838, 180.71K)

>switch
>next gen

Attached: 1645463631769.gif (150x200, 1.07M)

>losing to last gen

Attached: 1414.png (541x498, 463.26K)

PS5 is truly last gen because it will be their LAST GEN
OOOOOOOOOOOO

Microsoft illegally paid TSMC above market rate to fab Xbox CPUs with priority over PlayStation CPUs, so there are now stores that literally only have Xboxes in stock and people who want to buy PS5s can't have them

They're going to get away with it because monopoly laws haven't applied to Microsoft for 30 years

Attached: gates v us.jpg (1400x830, 222.6K)

>Nintendo
>Games
The Shitch honestly has no games. Seriously, I also dont understand how they dont make movie games when shit like Luigis Mansion 3 and Xenoblade exist. It seems like toddlers are low IQ retards that dont actually play the games they negatively criticize

>1995
>Sony crushes Sega in the first E3
>2000
>Sony crushes Sega in the console race thus the latter giving up the console business
>2020
>Sony crushes itself due to chip shortages and lack of sales

Sony lost years ago, and this is its last hurrah in the vidya industry,

Attached: 1650973674759.jpg (960x720, 69.05K)

>Those PS5 and SeX numbers
Serious doubt. No one owns those pieces of shit.

>When did the gap between Xbox and PlayStation close so much? Wasn't PlayStation ahead by more than double?
No, they were ahead by a set amount. The gap-closing happened when MS had the prescience and resources to put much larger orders for parts in in 2020. So now they're seeing the benefit of that in having tons of stock on shelves such that many people who just want a next-gen system for games like Elden Ring can get one easily

>redditbob

Attached: 1650902496733.jpg (1024x512, 44.36K)

>Reddithog
Go back

Attached: SPONGEBOB LEGO.png (900x900, 513.71K)

That gap must be fucking concerning for sony.
Once the PS4 is left behind for good, Playstation will lose their bargaining power with devs, only cold hard cash will talk. Let's see how long they can keep in this race with M$.

>illegally paid TSMC above market rate
Prove it's illegal, retard
Because from what I've known, it's completely legal for the fabs to give priority to those who pay more. There's no law that says they have to pay market rate

You tell em sisters

Attached: 1531122271026.webm (1280x720, 3M)

>Nintendo is the only console for toddlers in the market

Attached: swa.png (833x474, 427.95K)

Microsoft has more 'we're buying silicon at a premium during a shortage' fuck you money then Sony does. It's easy to catch up when nobody ever sees a PS5 on a store shelf; personally I've only ever seen the Series S just out there, available to purchase.

Sony has loyal customers, they prefer to wait for a ps5 instead of buying the shitbox.

>they prefer to wait for a ps5
Yeah, they're all waiting to play the highly anticipated game, Forspoken, out later this year

you can't buy a ps5
you can buy a xbox
it's that simple

The PlayStation 5 is still one of the most expensive and hard-to-find consoles ever released by a mainstream company. It’s essentially a collector’s item at this point. You have two choices for console gaming, the Switch and the Xbox. Any Sony “exclusives” typically end up on PC. They’ve taken artificial scarcity to its logical extreme by almost entirely removing themselves from the gaming market.

Scalpers does

I'll be honest. I got a PS5 for two reasons
One, to play FFXVI on launch so I don't get spoiled before the PC or Xbox launch
Two: so my GF can play FFXIV with me (I play on PC) without us having to get a gaming PC just for the living room
I'm seeing less and less of a reason to have it and I might just sell it and build a basic gaming PC instead. An RTX 3060 mogs the PS5's GPU, yeah?

That makes Sony even more pathetic, dumbass

Xbox has Gamepass. So no 70 USD per games.

no one wants the xbox.

>SnOY cuck thinks Elden Ring is PS exclusive
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>seethe over Xenotits
Tranny.

Attached: launch-aligned-sales-2022-week-66-2.png (640x451, 59.45K)

so does pc, why the fuck would i want to buy a console if i can buy a pc that does esentially the same and even more? just accept that Microsoft will never recover from the last gen, not even with the shady business practices or the acquisition of many studios.

What does that has anything to do with OP question?

I got an Xbox so I'd have a system in my living room
And the cloud gaming capabilities with Xbox are a bit more streamlined than those of Steam or Geforce, even just for playing from my local machine.
The other value is that for many people, popping $1500+ for a gaming PC is too much

Sales don't matter much if a large portion are ending up in Scalpers' hands

>Wasn't PlayStation ahead by more than double?
No? Ps4 was lucky not to have any compentence when it came out, Ps5 is a different story.

Xbox is the console of choice for multiplayer in general and corona made multiplayer games more popular than ever.

>why the fuck would i want to buy a console if i can buy a pc that does esentially the same and even more?
Because decent PCs cost a shit ton of money and are nowhere near as user friendly as consoles.
>just accept that Microsoft will never recover from the last gen, not even with the shady business practices or the acquisition of many studios.
lmfao this is some insane cope. Microsoft's growth in gaming has never been bigger, Xbox is smashing system sale records and gamepass is an unstoppable train. And all of this with Infinite being mediocre and Starfield not even out yet.

Also, Microsoft wins whether you go Xbox or PC, who the fuck do you think owns Windows?

Xbox has infinite backwards compatibility and game pass

Don't worry the Playstation will predictably BTFO the Xbox in sales as it becomes more available.

>VGChartz
Switch was at 17.79 million at 56 weeks
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180426e.pdf

>just accept that Microsoft will never recover from the last gen
Even with how ""Bad"" the Xbone did, it wasn't even the worse selling Xbox console AND sold way more than Nintendo's biggest flop.

>more nintranny falseflagging to pit other platforms against each other

The $299 Series S is a strong value prop compared to modern "mid range" PCs, even more so when it hits $249 or $199 soon

Yeah... in 2024 lol

Attached: file.png (622x438, 99.67K)

Series X is a great proposition price wise, anecdotally a lot of my peers went to a Mac + Xbox setup from a PC in the last two years because both just werk and you don't need to sell your kidney to get a decent GPU.

Here's the thing: that only mattered before Xbox had some decent exclusives out
Once Starfield comes out, Sony will be competing against a system that has at least one must-own exclusive that has likely closed the gap and has more games coming out.
Sony needed this early-momentum advantage to attract more exclusives

Why would I buy a Sonystation when their games are on PC?

It's over. I'm a PC chad now.

Xbox is a PC though.

wrong image

Attached: january-2022-sales-5-2.png (640x445, 50.49K)

>xbox have 3rd party games as exclusives

Fags are so repulsive it's unreal

Every console is for toddlers retard. At least the switch has unique games and no PC player will be stupid enough to play inferior versions of games on Xbox or PS5.

Really? So I can install old rpg maker games on it and emulate Wii U games via CEMU on it?

>We are in the 3rd decade of Yea Forums proclaiming Sony is dead
Why do you never learn?

Attached: 1642516351083.png (1920x1080, 986.25K)

so i can play on the couch with my bros
you cant comprehend this since youre always alone at a computer desk

Still relevant in 2022

Attached: mature_gamers.jpg (384x288, 33.51K)

How is it even that close when the PS5 objectively has a better library than Xbox?
>Bloodbourne
>Japanese games that only come out on Playstation and Switch

...yes, as long as you use the web version.

PC is an inferior experience though, so what's the point of "better games" if you play them on a tiny 27 screen and a device intended for typing?

THE SHITCH
HAHA DRUMPF!!
why are you so obvious with your retardism lmao. switch has an insane amount of games. you snoys have like what, horizon? LMAO, kek even.

You will NEVER get ports WoW, Microsoft Office, and Gaia online

Attached: 1635526254003.jpg (1822x525, 94.94K)

Literally nope. A massive chunk of those adult "playing users" are surveyed as the one playing the switch when they actually bought it for their shitty 5-12 child. It's a system for babies, women and man babies.

Attached: Word-available-in-your-browser-1024x589.png (1024x589, 290.99K)

>MS Office available via web browser
>Microsoft bought Activision, a WoW console port is now more likely than ever
>Gaiafaggotry lmao
unchecked mental illness like yours should be illegal

it's funny to me that you think like that

Attached: 1645463838376.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

not him but it's common knowledge that pc fats are too autistic to comprehend basic concepts like convenience

Sorry, Sony won't die, Playstation will.
By dying you can understand it to be a shadow of it's former self.