Yea Forumsros wtf why didn't you tell me this was pure unadulterated kino???

Yea Forumsros wtf why didn't you tell me this was pure unadulterated kino???

Attached: death-stranding-cold-mountain.jpg (880x495, 100.88K)

This game is a shit and too many cutscenes during gameplay

We did. Over and over again. We never shut up about it.

Attached: czya0o0hni741.jpg (640x809, 94.54K)

Attached: 1634572598071.png (2518x1024, 337.13K)

Did you rike it?

Attached: Hideo-Kojima.jpg (668x190, 15.34K)

It's an all-timer for me. I'm so glad Kojima is finally freed from Metal Gear

Attached: 20200715195317_1.jpg (3440x1440, 780.61K)

Boooooooooring.

Imagine even pretending to respect David Cage lmao

The boss fights are neat but kind of betray the game

absolute ludokino of the highest order

I don't even know who he is other than when he's mentioned on Yea Forums every once in a blue moon.
As anything else tauted as a "chad" opinion, it is to be completely disregarded.

Can someone post the boomer kino green text?

Convince me to play this instead of just watching a playthrough on YouTube.

It's not a perfect game but it sure is unique and I'm glad it exists.

I really enjoyed death standing but it left a really annoying legacy. Whenever a controversial console game gets a PC port, suddenly all the semen slurping fanboys come out of the woodwork thinking it's going to get the death stranding treatment and act like all the criticism was coming from PCfags that couldn't play it. Fuck off, MH rise and FFVIIR were shit and they're still shit now that they're on PC.

The gameplay is the best part

Is there any real gameplay though? From what I've heard and the snippets I've seen it's just walking.

It's very easy to tell when Yea Forums is only pretending to like a game because they'll either compare it to something more popular or they'll call it some variation of "kino"

I really enjoyed it. Also, I'm like 95% sure my dick is bigger than yours. Most likely dwarfs it in comparison.

The game's fun, I like delivering stuff and building roads and ziplines. The story is interesting and I like how zany it is, the characters are fantastic for the most part and are phenomenally acted and the game has some great visuals and soundtrack. It's a really fucking good game. Your "y-you're just pretending to like it" is literally just you projecting your own mental illness onto everyone else. Cope.

Attached: 1647292783822.png (769x1078, 693.09K)

>no arguments just spite
lmao
"enjoy" your "kino"

>give complete, in depth and comprehensive reasoning for why I like the game and think it's good
>no arguments just spite
Holy moly.

Attached: 1645210157422.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

Attached: 1573461142044.jpg (1080x598, 123.69K)

It's not as simple as it sounds. You have to very carefully plot your routes and pay attention to your balance and footing. There's also vehicles and roads you can build and stuff.

Attached: 1624678343939.png (1920x1080, 1.78M)

You don't know what "unadulterated" means.

>Is there any real gameplay though
Yeah, like 100+ hours of it if you do all the side content as well. Don't expect an action game (though it has some moments), it literally is a delivery logistics simulator about planning routes, using various tools to traverse terrain and slowly building up a delivery network to complete bigger orders.

>You have to very carefully plot your routes
This is kind of a meme though, you can pretty much point yourself in a direction and just kind of push on until you make it

undiluted, pure, free of bullshit, just as Hideo intended
enjoy your (you)

I see, that sounds more involved than just a walking sim. I'll still probably watch at least the start of a playthrough to see whether it's worth buying, it's outside my genre preference.

He does but you don't.

You definitely need to put thought into your loadout. Missions can vary in difficulty greatly based on how prepared for it you were.

So like how do I handle BT encounters when I have a vehicle? I don't just want to leave it there

I originally dropped the game right before South Knot City (I'd five starred every prepper I'd found by that point, including all the ones on the East map), but I picked it up again after the Director's Cut came out.
I was incredibly bored of the story by the WW2 fight so I skipped every cutscene I could after that and ended up having a lot more fun just treating it like a deliveryman sim and playing while listening to podcasts.
>7/10
Solid gameplay, shit story. Long range truck Lv.3 is best girl.

lol. I took 2 bola guns (later on replaced with a level 3 non-lethal assault rifle), two ladders, a climbing anchor and a PCC with me on every trip. No problems whatsoever.

It's not a game that translates well to being watched. You really need to try it for yourself to understand why the people who do play it absolutely fall in love with it. Don't watch a walkthrough, the story is the weakest part.

Get out of your car, equip some blood grenades and kill them all before continuing your run. If you get caught in black ooze you can just lob a grenade and kill the BTs that pop out of the ground before they catch you.
If you kill every BT, or just the boss, then the area clears up. It's a lot faster than trying to sneak around them.
Alternatively, build roads. BTs won't go near them.

Another thing you can do if you don't want to use any resources is get out of the black ooze and then piss on the people that come out of the ground. They can't go any further than the black circle on the ground and that will fend them off for a second so you can get back in your vehicle and try to get out of there.

People tried to tell you when it first came out on PS4, but this board was too busy trying to make it into yet another Tortanic.

Game desperately needs a difficulty mode where you actually have to think hard about what to take with you on every trip. Also Timefall needs to be randomized and more punishing. Otherwise it's a very convincing proof of concept, I hope they make another one

Been saying that for literally 2 years now.
A game does not win numerous awards and praise for no reason.

Death Stranding is great fun and you can literally play it for several IRL weeks without seeing a single cutscene.

I've never seen DS get compared to trash like FF7 demake.

MH Rising was great even on Switch though. Haven't seen anyone shit on that one.

Cliff (forma espanol)

Attached: file.png (574x622, 255.62K)

>HURR DURR UNADULTERATED
>Game has forced-down-your-throat action sections and BTs that are mediocre and don't play on the game's strength instead of focusing on few more memorable and well made story related encounters
>Director's cut doubles down on that with more meme tools for the barebone action component
>Game could have focused more on large BTs stealth sections in specific main story sections where level design and atmosphere make it work and instead its just a pure annoyance

Cage is also a cuck

>"C'mon Lou, one last delivery."
H-haha, such a s-stupid and silly story it's so dumb everyone has d-dumb names and it's so stupid

Attached: lou.jpg (320x252, 23.68K)

Every time you go into private room there are 3 cutscenes

>going into a private room
just zipline to Heartman's place, or any of the other hot springs.

>going into a private room

Sam Strand Porter Bridges is just a porter bridging the stranded parts of the world with strands in the shape of USB keys. On his journey, he will encounter Heartman, a man with a heart condition. Die Hardman, a soft man who likes Die Hard. And that fat doctor they slimmed down in game compared to real life, who will upgrade the baby he carries, lovingly called BB.

Masterclass in naming from Kojima.

That's it baby, embrace the light!

Attached: cold_warman.jpg (1280x720, 99.84K)

holy loser, let me guess you restock your boots too? you let (((((((((((them)))))))))) collect your blood samples and piss too?? live off the land dumbass, use the plant slippers and drink natural monsterTM instead of the useless canned ones

Attached: holdingback.jpg (509x477, 18.71K)

>live off the land dumbass, use the plant slippers
Do Mules count as "the land"?

Not sure if you did this, but I turning off the online elements would add a lot more real difficulty to the game. Especially because you won't have the white spirits throwing grenades for you to use whenever you fight something, and there's no recharge stations or private rooms out in the middle of nowhere unless you create your own strategies and do everything yourself. But that kind of goes against the whole point of the game, that people need to connect and work together to survive.

You forgot the most important part (see pic)
They're the local fauna.

Attached: lol.png (2561x444, 48.04K)

I hate that director's cut didn't get the rights for monster again.

Attached: EEP4pP1XsAAJY9U[1].jpg (918x851, 56.93K)

>Mules
If you want, I personally use whatever people leave on lockers, it's a lot more limited and random. It actually feels like a hiking trail, people just leave shit and you can use them if you want cause theyre not coming back.

so his name is Sam Beach Porter Bridges? Kojima is a fucking god lmao how can ANYONE ever think any less of him

Attached: woddy.jpg (627x542, 20.89K)

so wait what did they cover the drinks with?

100%'d the game for the 3rd time yesterday
sequel when?

Attached: 20220425232928_1.jpg (1920x1080, 354.86K)

>loading screen cutscene you can skip
>cinematics
choose one (1)

Please respond

Yeah, the monster product placement was so hilariously goofy and it just isn't the same without it.

Generic bridges energy drink.

I don't know why people hate the story so much. It was nice, not offensively bad like everyone claims.

>100%'d the game for the 3rd time
How many hours?
How much autism?

Based. I'm working towards my second myself and will probably do a third at some point. DS is a super comfy game to 100%.

What do you mean by 100%? 5-starring every prepper?

first playthrough, i've pirated it since i didn't know if i would like it so i can't tell how many hours
second playthrough: 146.6 hours
third playthrough: 118.7 hours
as for autism: i just like the game :^)
far, far beyond that my good friend

It's not so much the story itself, the plot is pretty straightforward. It's more the way it's told is frustrating.
90% of the game you have no idea what the fuck is going on and then you sit through literally hours of exposition dumping at the end. Luckily Cliff and Die Hardman's kino epilogue made up for it

i'm playing the director's cute right now
new structures make the game fun to play again