Japanese game developers are abus-

>Japanese game developers are abus-

Attached: 1647889773551.png (1180x1082, 1.38M)

-ing my wallet by constantly making games that are infinitely better than western trash

> Better games AND working conditions
Westoids devs must be fuming.

Even the most mediocre western AAA slop is better than what Game Freak can shit out and you know this.

That's nice.

ing their fans

HO VE-
Please delete this image this instant, would you imagine if the west would knew this was possible?!

Yeah, and they send the entire company on a paid holiday every 3 years so they don't have to think on an original setting, what's new?

my work tried offering this at the start of the coof
no one bought into it since it required you take a 20% paycut

>Game Freak

I don't understand, they barely do any fucking work anyway? Look at the state of their games.

OHNONONNONONO
We need 500 models of lillie in the game, not 400. You can't just copy paste a hundred models next week you just cant.

ikr
westoids just can't into making games, it's a fact

Now hold on a minute. This is Game Freak, only one of these things is true.

the only thing they abuse are their braindead customers

Attached: 11.png (1408x770, 1.48M)

oy vey, delete this antisemetic post before the goyim get any ideas

>optional
>once a month
It's for the gaijins. Not that gamefreak needs even 4 days of work a week for what they deliver.

I get 35 days a year off and work on my own preferred schedule, that’s nothing.

weebsisters...
>Labelling this is an optional 4 day work week is misleading when you read the bullet points in the actual article:
>- comes with a pay cut of 20%
>- you need to have a child (elementary school or earlier/younger) or need to take care of an elderly person or someone with a disability
>- Contract(ed) workers are not allowed to apply for it

Attached: 1620128100922.png (435x578, 370.59K)

they need to ANIMATE these models AS WELL
that's like double the work right there
i mean, how much time do you think they have left after working on that brilliant story

Are there instances of flexible working environments actually working in Japan? I thought their work culture was so toxic that even if offered, no one would actually take optional time off because every one of your peers would view that negatively.

I'd be interested if anyone at Game Freak even ends up doing this at all.

Attached: 1504992832485.jpg (276x440, 12.83K)

oh, fuck GF then.

>Game Frak
>working week

Attached: Masuda.jpg (2594x1460, 537.61K)

>Game Freak
>Good games

>optional
nobody is taking it then

this is literally basic worker right sold as some progressive fluff piece newsarticle

Attached: 1649568931441.gif (500x375, 771.2K)

If it's Lillie, it's time well spend.

Attached: Lillie & Altaria.webm (640x360, 685.26K)

>I thought their work culture was so toxic that even if offered, no one would actually take optional time off because every one of your peers would view that negatively
yes, that's exactly right. but putting out feel good shit like OP's pic makes you look good, and if any employees don't take time off/vacations/remote work etc it's just because they love working there so much :)) which makes investors happy which makes the CEO more money, which is the goal.

>optional 4 day work week
as if any japanese employee would take that

>opens the zip with 15-year-old nintendo ds models and animations
>open it in blender, click subdivide/tesselate, 100x
>my job here is done

>I thought their work culture was so toxic that even if offered, no one would actually take optional time off because every one of your peers would view that negatively.

This, they don't even take their full vacation days every year

you are a brain damaged retard

>If you opt in you get 20% pay cut
>Not abusive

God I wish I had a 4 day working week, lucky bastards. And they get to recycle more than half the fucking work, maybe the one workplace where being a game dev isn't pure torture.

>noooOOO the company HAS to suffer because a lazy employee doesn't want to workerino that specific daayyyy because they were whoring themselves out or indulging in alcoholism the day before NOOOOO

Attached: 1622708253751.png (785x1000, 433.61K)

They were already working 4 days per week worth of work given how trash Pokémon games are technically.

>able to be done on a monthly basis
Ah, so one day of pto per month, nice.

Here I am with unlimited pto regularly taking a few weeks off to prevent burnout and these guys get a day per month.

I make 100k a year and only work about 5 hours a week and I work entirely remote.
Fuck corporations, going to milk this for as long as humanely possible.

Attached: 1611499212656.jpg (1062x1080, 143.27K)

>God I wish I had a 4 day working week, lucky bastards.

I had one for 2 years. Pay was shit but being able to do all the household shit on friday and just relaxing Sat/Sun was amazing

Absolutely based.

Attached: 1626582901176.png (1433x1573, 1.3M)

>I make 100k a year and only work about 5 hours a week and I work entirely remote.

nice, user I'm guessing programming or something else IT?

That's not what's this about retard. They are pretending to be nice and caring for PR reasons while their balances stays the same.

IT Security, but using programming (python) to automate 90% of what I do.

>optional
>Japan

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Is this one of those things were its allowed but you get shunned if you do

>programming (python) to automate 90% of what I do.

the only way to do it

Of course. Just like it's allowed for Japanese workers to leave on time but they only leave after their boss has left.

they should have just cell shaded it. it would have been so much more beautiful than the 480p blurry ass textures

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.00.11 AM.png (2334x1180, 426.86K)

Guess I can just pretend that the extra money and occasional bank holiday is just as good

Attached: 1649758505170.png (960x966, 309.05K)

and you'll be shamed to hell and back, demoted by the boss, sneered at by your workers and divorced "because you're not working hard enough" if you ever dare to take them up on their offer.
this is a pretty common tactic in the west too. the fuck are you doing?

>Lose my job because covid hits
>Find a new one where I'm 80% remote
>Works roughly 2 hours per day because I never been so much efficient, and i shitpost play vidya, and draw during workhours where there's nothing to do

Best shit ever
I never, ever, want to go back, it's fucking wondaful.

Attached: 1641830946708.jpg (752x1075, 420.98K)

>Best pokemon games are not actually developed by Gamefreak

Attached: 71cTZbk+kaL._SL1083_.jpg (1083x771, 146.54K)

reminder that it took modders literally 3 days to fix arceus' crustyass visuals
GF just doesn't give a shit. they know they don't have to.

I wish i could get a job, ive been trying for years.
I got sick in uni and my grades tanked now i can't even get an interview.

I only recently found out Americans literally get 2 weeks holiday a year. And most people don't even take those. Suddenly the fact that most of them never leave their country in their entire lives makes sense. Honestly crazy.

For comparison I'm a lawyer in Europe and I get 28 days a year plus bank holidays which is like 8 or so more. All of these are paid.

>Giving an extra day off to people who do literally nothing
Keen.

I can't wait until this guy dies.

I'm a lawyer and i make 300k working 60h weeks. I dont know who of us has it better, probably you in terms of hourly wages

And most Americans are at minimum wage where the get zero paid vacation and literally CAN'T take time off because it means you aren't getting paid because you're hourly.
Hearing my brother excited to work Thanksgiving and Christmas because he gets time and a half so he's excited to get like 20 bucks an hour is kind of depressing. I'm glad he has a good salaried union job now, he's doing a lot better.

The last thing Game Freak needs to do is less work.

I work in big law and I have three weeks. I'd imagine there are some Americans who get a month. But yeah the culture is such that you're often shamed for taking too much time off.

I have a buddy who manages a pen testing team and works 60-70 hour weeks and makes 250k a year. I'm sure the money is nice but I have a threshold where the money is no longer worth it if I have to work X amount of hours. I'd rather just stay at a certain salary and not have to work a depressing amount of hours. I still want time to play video games and shit.