Ps5 is being robbed of success

Xbox is buying out all the limited supply of microchips to make more consoles and leaving Sony with barely anything, sadly it looks like the supply shortages won't be solved until 2024 so Sony can't sell more consoles. Sony dropped alot of big games in March (Sifu, gt7, horizon fw and ghostwire Tokyo) yet it was outsold still? You think people don't want to play those games or xbox robbing playstation?

Attached: Screenshot_20220426-032929_Twitter.jpg (719x872, 212.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s1.webmshare.com/GxWQ8.webm
engadget.com/call-duty-vanguard-install-size-consoles-180936454.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It has been confirmed that xbox is stealing microchips from Sony and that's why they are making as much as double consoles then Sony

>Playstation in last
That's karma. Sony is the worst company, and the Playstation fandom during the PS4-PS5 era is really bad.

Nah faggots scalping, lack of a competing product to gamepass and resetra, thats why the ps5 is shit and will continue to be shit.

NS that low for a month? I'm sure the thing sells that in a two week period

>VGchartz

Kek, if even VGchartz (who always overestimates Sony) says Xbox sold twice as much, just how bad could it be in reality??
Hot take:
>MS is actually buying up the PS5s and makes Series S from them (SeX has a much bigger chip)

There is a lot of new available ps5 bundles with Horizon Forbidden West and Grand Turismo but they need to pay me extra if they want me to buy a console bundled with these turds

I’m starting to think I did the right thing by switching to pc recently

Attached: 1644329069837.jpg (460x688, 92.3K)

>VGChartz
Try a little harder, Xbox tranny. They already "downgraded" their estimates lmao

Not enough trannies to prop up the sales for them.

>t. Mr Gook Slanteye is upset

wwwwwwwww

>Sony dropped alot of big games in March (Sifu, gt7, horizon fw and ghostwire Tokyo) yet it was outsold still?
Even if there were consoles the average Playstation buyer doesn't care about those games. They would've been too preoccupied with the Attack on Titan collab in Warzone or trying to grind Fortnites battle pass for whatever super hero skin is out at the moment.

Sony brought out crunchyroll, sonyfags don't get to talk about other companies throwing their money around to make it impossible to lose

>chip shortages won't be solved until 2024
Thanks for the lockdowns over the nothingburger daddy government, I can't wait for the coming years of ecenomic bullshit because if it

>2022
>year of our lord
>still using VGChartz

Attached: 5647867890.jpg (550x413, 81.7K)

Gipsy here, microsoft is paying us to steal from the sony factories. We can keep the copper as a bonus.

sonysisters... how could we let this happen...

Its only going to get worse.

Attached: 20220426_030243.jpg (1440x1654, 470.37K)

>vgchartz
the most blatant, shameless paid sony shills in the industry. And that's rhe best number they can shit out?
I wonder how bad the actual sales numbers are. Snoys in absolute shambles rn

Sony is giving up on the ps5 due to supply issues and building a new console that uses less in-demand chips

Attached: 1582823448343.jpg (1242x2031, 329.66K)

>VGChartz
Why not just post NPD? VGChartz' asspulled numbers are not better than no numbere

This is the way user. Playstation is coming to PC and xbox is already there. Who needs a console war when you already get all their shit. Enjoy your strategic decision.

>VGchartz
lol
Kill yourself

>Xbox is buying out all the limited supply of microchips to make more consoles and leaving Sony with barely anything
Why didn't sony offer more for those chips? Seriously the ps division is their most valuable asset they should go all in to secure its position on the videogame market.

maybe it sony didnt create a fake scarcity to exploit fomo they wouldnt have this issue

Back to Twitter, ESL.

>less in-demand chips
?

The PS5 has been out for over a year now and there are still practically no fucking games. How are you sonyfags not angry about this?

PS5 has no fucking games. How is the demand so high? If I was a console poorfag I'd rather get an Xbox

s1.webmshare.com/GxWQ8.webm

>pull your everything you have on heavy hitters into thes3 3 months
>still come dead last place against a 5 year old tablet with no pricedrop and a digital only console with no exclusive released in that time
LMAO you love to see it.

Attached: E-I7chVWUAMgP_5.jpg (1750x1750, 567.64K)

It'd be like the current gen of phones that is weaker than the pervious gen.

2 more weeks and sony is finished who cares if they sell TV and other stuff and make billion dollars blockbuster 2 MORE WEEKS TRUST THE PLAN

Attached: 1645357666868.png (917x1027, 31.16K)

>over a year
17 months. Yes hyperfanboys like salt romano still keep calling them "Next Gen" every week.

So they will compete with the Switch?

>weaker than the pervious gen
???

Attached: 2826FO6a3tMG.png (1210x659, 258.61K)

It's not like there are any exclusivities that make it worth buying, so PC or any other console is clearly a better investment.

Attached: 1642473495756.gif (236x145, 285.74K)

These contracts are secured years in advance. Also microsoft are more than willing to make the entire xbox division a now 20 year loss leader to secure their brand in consumer's minds. Sony on the other hand intend to turn a profit directly most quarters. If sony offered more money, microsoft would in turn offer even more to keep their production of unsold consoles coming unabated.

Snoyism is a cult. Sony can do no wrong in their eyes despite they are now following Microsoft in every decision.

Sony can't even satisfy normal demands, if they made a stronger machine it would require even more materials. There is no sane reason for a Pro console for anyone but maybe Nintendo.

That's a rumour not a confirmation, no company will ever say they're releasing a weaker successor to their audience. They'll talk about all kinds of bullshit until the product is out and people can make the comparisons it's exactly what happened to almost all new phone released.

Since people seem to have forgotten I will remember them: Remember the proven real github leaks. We know the ps5 was overclocked out of the whazzo late in dev and then they rushed to get a cooling going to make it not melt on the spot. We also know that the usable chips per yield is terrible on the ps5 while xbox have a very high yield. I think they can just use "failed" chips from yield for the series S but not sure about that one.
Sony simply fucked themself once again with trying to go bick dick when they have always been the cheap low quality and price chinkshit console.

Still can’t buy a ps5 at a normal price. They can go to hell

im gonna dredge up some memories you've clearly blocked out. It might restart your ptsd so be warned
___Cell__
teraflops
___ssd__

God the ssd shit was so funny. And they're just going to fall for whatever the next bullshit is that Sony does for their next console too

How do they double the performance while keeping the same or a similar price point? You think Sony can just throw a 3080 into their PS5s and sell them at a loss of like $1000 per console?

The PS5 SSD is legitimately impressive though. They also license some quality compression tech so PS5 downloads are 30-50% smaller than competitors.

>The PS5 SSD is legitimately impressive though
It's still just an SSD though. No more or less impressive than a modern SSD in a PC
And it's not like there's any games to download in the first place

ps3 had no games, ps4 had one, ps5 has no games again.
xbox is in the same boat but at least series s + gamepass cost is easier to swallow a month.
meanwhile pc reigns supreme with 40+ year library + emulating everything up to the switch.

You forgot 8GB DDR5

dude you really gotta stop taking advertising drivel as gospel, its not healthy

What I was trying to highlight is that "Faster console" + "Less in-demand chips" doesn't make any sense. You can't make a PS5 Pro that's twice as fast without a significantly bigger chip, and a bigger chip is in ""higher demand"" by definition.
My prediction is that they'll make a PS5 Slim on TSMC 6nm. Same performance, slightly reduced power consumption, smaller thanks to non-dogshit thermal design.

No games, no consoles. Please buy our latest subscription to stream PAL ps1 roms if you want games.

Maybe it's Sony's incompetency if they haven't secured/ordered a larger batch of chips. These things are ordered years in advance. Also at least here in UK the stock was available for months.

I stand by what I said. Refute it, otherwise I accept your concession.

Both ms and sony said that they can't make cheaper and smaller "slim" models in the forseeable future this time around because tech they put into the system sis too new and expensive. It's why ms made the series S and sony farted into their pants thinking things work out anyway.

Based Microsoft driving Sony out of the game industry.
>robbed
Companies aren't entitled to microchips or success. The product goes to who's willing to pay the most, simple as. If a company can't afford it, then they shouldn't be in business.

Based. The major consoles should only be between Nintendo and Microsoft

A ps5 slim is the most likely choice the current cooling system is a time bomb and the marketing team wouldn't need to spread too much bullshit but it definitely won't be more powerful.

Remember how VGChartz was once accused of being biased in favor of Sony. How the tables have turned.

lol retard, you were the one who claimed the ps5 ssd is impressive and refused to elaborate why. burden of proof is on you
>Y-you cant ask me to back up what I said! i-i'll take it as a concession!
lmao, feel free to. delusional snoys are great lolcows

More than Cuckbox lmao

I'm about to buy a Samsung Galaxy S22, you telling me that shit is weaker than my S8 I got 5 years ago?

Only a handful of cherrypicked games are smaller. The games anyone cares about are the same: engadget.com/call-duty-vanguard-install-size-consoles-180936454.html

you standing by your hopes and dreams wont change the reality that an ssd is an ssd no matter what plastic box you shove it into

I bought a PS3 and PS4 and Sony dud nothing but shit on me for two gens. I'd only buy a PS5 if every game was free.

Nintendo hardware is abysmal though
They're the only ones stripping out features from previous consoles and charging more.

what is previous gen would be s21.

What an achievement. The PS5 is still shit though

It's a vgchartz estimate. They have ALWAYS lowballed Nintendo no matter if they're seeing massive success.

The slim models usually come around halfway into the generation, downsizing a model doesn't happen overnight.

I welcome nintendo saying fuck you to all the normalfag sheep. You did not want the only console with free online, actual good exclusives and an own social media. Enjoy your low functionality tabet.

6nm is backwards compatible with 7nm, it's the same node but slightly smaller. There's no reason NOT to port current consoles to the new node, I bet both Sony and Microsoft will do it in the near future.
Sony in particular has a ton of reasons to ditch the current PS5 design entirely, it's a disaster of a cooling solution. It's twice as big as it needs to be for no fucking reason, and it uses liquid metal as well.

They're still biased in favor of Sony, the only difference is that they can't bullshit because the ps5 is failing.

It only applies to the current microchip crisis the S22 is a sidegrade/downgrade compared to s21 but it's stronger than s8.

>if I post cuck in every thread Sony will win
How sad.

The 3DS sold incredibly well and is so far ahead of the Switch in functionality that you would think that the switch is two generations behind if it weren't for in-game graphics.

What games have come out for any of the xbox consoles that was an absolute banger? None. Not a single memorable game.
Sony has been a monster since the playstation 1, so many good titles it's unbelievable. Microsoft is doing what it has done since it's creation: cheating

>Commiefornia Sony is so incompetent that they can't even secure the parts needed to build their goddamn console
Me dropping the Sony brand after they moved away from Japan was a good choice.

The PS3 Slim came out in 2009, three years after the original model. The original PS5 came out in 2020, and in 2023 it'll be... three years since launch. It's not that unreasonable.

Copium

>What games have come out for the ps5
Good question

That user is right, Nintendo raises the bar in gaming where it needs to be raised. Consoles don't need to have media features anymore with the abundance of smart appliances like TVs, phones and so on so they need to focus on new interactive elements.
Microsoft on the other hand covers just about everything else as a powerful system with good online service quality.

Sony hasn't brought anything to the table since they've started. They copy and steal ideas and their online services haven't improved one iota since the ps3 to the point where Nintendo has better uptime and less disconnects.

Oh so it's only weaker than 1 gen back? That's more reassuring. I hold on to phones for 3-5 years and expect a substantial upgrade when I do finally buy a new one. My current S8 is my longest running one and still works great, the battery is just really weak now.

Generations aren't defined by their features. That said the only hardware based feature the 3ds has that the switch doesn't is a camera

>failing
Your guesses aren't saving you, ESL

Also meant for

Imagine calling someone an ESL and not knowing how to spell failing.

>It's twice as big as it needs to be for no fucking reason,
They already cut down the size of the heatsink compared to the launch models.

I'm pretty sure they went for an overkill solution and have and will continue to scale down the cooling through the life of the product. Eventually we'll see the same SOC on a smaller manufacturing node and the cooling getting scaled back again.

Attached: chrome_NZJYcisIB7.png (1237x570, 1.43M)