Remember growing up and imagining how video games were going to be amazing in a decade or two...

Remember growing up and imagining how video games were going to be amazing in a decade or two? How did you imagine how games would evolve before they became soulless trash?

Attached: growingup.jpg (490x1100, 316.72K)

>remember growing up and imagining how video games were going to be amazing in a decade or two?
No.

No. I never thought much about the future and I still don't think.

I know we're on Yea Forums and everything but I think things are fine

I don't know what you're talking about. Video games were fascinating when I was a kid and they still are now.

Games were amazing when I grown up

Attached: hoshiro-smile.gif (498x272, 1.76M)

>Literal NPC

Attached: 1626846383719.jpg (720x719, 239.02K)

so you grew up around 2011? No, games were shit by then and have never recovered.

Is this image based on her or no?

I expected more TECHNOLOGY, turns out all the smart devs are being replaced with with game design graduates who only know unity or ue4

it's the same girl.

As a Civilization 2 enjoyer and high on the greatness of Civilization 4 I was dreaming of a game with 200+ countries or tribes, a map of our world divided into small provinces and districts like in EU4 but with more granular approach, strong non cheating ai, abstractions of political systems and intricate diplomacy, race religions, more encyclopedic knowledge in descriptions of technology and buildings and institutions, proper population numbers and consequences of losing men. ..
Like everything opposite of the dumpster fire shit that is Civ 6.

No. I used to just enjoy playing them without much consideration. I didn't really look forward to new releases, I just had fun playing whatever I had available. I distinctly remember having lots of fun playing games that in retrospect were shit simply because playing video games was fun.

Now I'm a soulless adult whose will to live is barely hanging by threads and all of my optimism has been crushed out of me. I look forward to new releases in a desperate bid that they'll somehow recapture that unconditional joy I felt playing games when I was just a stupid kid playing terrible video games.

Attached: 1601246371572.png (500x500, 311.31K)

>western games have mostly gone to shit thanks to woke pandering
>can't bring myself to be an unapologetic weeb and go all out on enjoying japanese games

I remember having my mind blown by 7th gen graphics. Assassins Creed 1 looked so good to me, the draw distance, the shadows, the animations, the crowds, it almost felt like real life. I was really excited for the future of games and we used to day dream with classmates about what PS4 graphics will be like. Then came the the DLCs, the Season passes, the Online passes, the Micro-transactions. When the PS4 released I knew it was over for video games. The PS5 came out and the only reaction it got out of me was disgust, games are in a worse state than ever, but this time ontop of the predatory monetization practices they are packed with niggers and forced diversity. But that's fine, I got myself a nice PVM and a collection of older consoles ranging from Famicom to PS3 all either modded or with some sort of flashcart so I'll just sink my teeth into the classics and the occasional decent Japanese release like Elden Ring and just ignore the shitshow that is the western side of the video game industry.

Attached: 932-5.jpg (1600x1000, 399.55K)

Attached: 1648263856865.jpg (812x2532, 569.46K)

>posting anime past the age of 18
Thats why your life turned to shit

Gaming is dead.

And (you) let (((THEM))) kill it.

Attached: no exit.jpg (600x500, 167.62K)

go back to stormfront or whatever

Gem

Good. Burn it all to the ground.

Is she the most jaded girl in anime?

look in the mirror and change

If I knew things would be so fucking terrible I wouldn't have spent my adolescence being depressed and stressing over things.

Attached: cry.jpg (749x899, 72.33K)

I remember playing this and felt hope for the future, who knew what cool shit could happen?
It's been 12 years.

What are you talking about? Anime IS my life.

Forgot the scene like a fucking retard

Attached: isngff9f9zh41.jpg (640x360, 14.53K)

I was always happy with the games I had because I was poor and games then were quite fun and rich in terms of replayability. The games I had then I can still play now, if the franchise has moved on to newer things I still have my old stuff in me. I also always played on pirated, emulated or bootleg copies of said games.
I do not find new games exhausting because I simply do not spend money or time on them and just learn about them through osmosis. I don't really care about the current state of games, the discussions and all the sleezy things they do is already publicly recognized. There is no point taking part in or obsessing over things that never cared to appeal to you or with any good integrity anyways.

Attached: 5439202059231.png (2560x1440, 2.33M)

Most basedest girl more like. I enjoyed reading Relief. Dunno if I'll ever watch the anime though.

I remember thinking pokemon would require you to come up with different ways to find and capture pokemon depending on their species, bugs would need you to chase them with a net, some need you to know them out of trees, or you'd have to use your pokemon to chase them, all in this huge open world you explore using your pokemon's abilities. Watching them move around as groups, fight eachother, and just generally feel 'alive'.

Instead we get this ugly ass overworld which pokemon are meaninglessly dropped into and in which they wander around in a 5 meter radius.

If, you want an example of how far we haven't progressed with videogames in the last 20 years, reflect on the fact that we still don't have NPCs you can talk and ask questions intelligently to. They're just state machines that spit out predefined strings.

Attached: The-Pokemon-legends-Arceus-leak-shows-time-space-distortions-new-Overworld-encounter-method-introduced-for-the-past-two-decades[1].jpg (1920x1080, 469.68K)

She's in the mid level of jaded because she's trying to be a normie.

>NPCs you can talk and ask questions intelligently to
I wish

Attached: facade.png (330x364, 94.79K)

>Play world of Warcraft in 2007
>Wow if MMOs are this good now, just imagine in 10 or 15 years!

Attached: 2C201388-B1C4-4BCE-AE7B-1F09ECDB71B3.jpg (640x424, 14.08K)

>tfw I've had sex with a girl in her vagina and everything
>still post anime on an anime image board

only incels care this much about how other people post

Attached: 1487074838916.jpg (480x473, 14.32K)

games like Factorio and cdda are crazier than anything I could dream of as a kid.

Since I was the only one I knew of that regularly played videogames I wished more people played videogames so that I could have friends that played videogames.
By now the industry is a complete mess because of the flood of players with undeveloped tastes getting milked for all their worth by every greedy publisher and what people I know that play videogames only play casual time waster games like PUBG or League of Legends.
>many of my favorite franchises like Fable, Prototype, Fallout, Sleeping Dogs, Deus Ex, Red Alert, Civilization, Dishonored etc. are either dead with almost no hope of recovery or thoroughly fucked by corporate meddling
>got into Lobotomy Corporation and Library of Ruina since more than a year ago and had a blast playing every update while browsing the threads, their next game is a gacha and the lack of content turned the anons into shitposting waifufags
>played TF2 since 2012 and hate its current state, but I find solace in the fact that by finally dropping most of the updates for their multiplayer games Valve could focus on making fun singleplayer games again
At least I had a lot of fun playing hundreds of flash games, I occasionally see flash games turn up as fully-fledged videogames and I'm happy about that, but the state of the indie game industry is miserable even if it's better than before.

Attached: 21421074.png (405x344, 9.16K)

how do i get a gf like her?
Fuck man, this manga hit hard

Attached: Kx1VYoo.png (319x258, 70.44K)

I expected things to get ever more sophisticated and simulationist as time went on, but that trend crapped out in the mid 2000s in favor of casual faggotry.

Attached: 1619690570896.png (1092x1636, 728.73K)

Be attractive.

Name the last time that games were consistently "good" or "decent".

It’s true. Far Cry 1 had such amazing AI, water and shadows, or at least that’s what I believed as a kid. I also loved Assassin’s Creed and Rayman. But now look at Ubisoft. It’s all just collectathon openworld shit.

I grew up with amazing shooters like Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Half Life.

I imagined the graphics would be better of course, but the immersion would be absolutely groundbreaking as well.

Instead we have nothing nowadays. Everything is shit or a multiplayer game with less features or fun than back then.

Attached: ani.jpg (320x180, 20.2K)

I play in the now, never cared for how the games would be in the future, so far I'm really happy, my younger sister gets to enjoy videogames far better that the ones I played, and I get to enjoy her, life is great

damn i may have a chance then

Yes. The world actually ended in 2012. You're dead and this is limbo.

the golden era of games were the mid to late 80s, 90s and early 2000s. By the late 2000s, games were heading on a wrong track when the western industry took over and bro shooters and xbox were influencing the industry. Ever since 2012, games were never the same again
>Inb4 games were never good xD

Sex isnt the top of life champ, you still need to grow up

>how do i get a gf like her?
You can find 'em in the retirement home

The problem with all of you jaded fucks is that you are spending too much time with vidya.

Shitty games were always there even during the "golden era"

Attached: 1648951587362m.jpg (1024x564, 115.72K)

shut up and post more Hishirons

Attached: hishiro.jpg (4219x3529, 3.98M)

>hoped to see an MMO inspired from megaman battle network
>2D action RPG fighters like tales of hearts
>schmups/shooters that emphasizes on weapons diversity since I loved omega titan revelation, at least we got zero ranger recently

Attached: Megaman Battle Network 2-4.png (240x160, 6.32K)

It sounds like a waste of time desu. Maybe devs could use some primitive AI or chatterbots to make it work but what's even the point? If people want to interract with intelligent NPCs they can play an MMO and talk to actual people. For singleplayer I want NPCs to give/sell me items, give me whatever quest and maybe dispense some lore information, I don't want to spent 30 minutes talking with them.

Graphics more or less peaked in the PS3 era, and anything beyond that has been diminishing returns or downright distracting.

I never cared, or understood graphics, but the first time I felt impressed by them when I was a kid was with Twilight princess for the gamecube.

Attached: 1650913060663.png (636x800, 725.9K)

>If people want to interact with intelligent NPCs they can play an MMO and talk to actual people
15 years ago maybe.

Attached: 1591249943344.png (278x260, 82.92K)

What manga? I’ve always wonder what the source of this is, I love suffering

problem is your average MMO player is actually stupider than a video game NPC

Civ VI is so fucking bad it hurts
V, whilst a change in the formula, showed some promising aspects that could've been refined. And then VI takes it all and throws it into the garbage.

I remember really enjoying it.
Except the parts with the red hair cunt.

Paradox games from the early 10s are honestly the absolute peak of the genre, they deliver on the promise of early Civ etc. EU4 is the best board game style strategy game I’ve ever played, CK2 (with HIP) is the best simulation strategy game I’ve ever played

I found Yea Forums and Yea Forums back in 2008 so I knew that video games were only going to get worse and the last fleeting embers of the golden era were all that was left and wouldn't you know it that was exactly correct.

I cope with this by playing the few good games that do manage to get released and having other hobbies that jews can't ruin.

>why of course I know him, he's me.

I still have fun playing new games, its just the ones i truly look forward to are much fewer and far in between now. Its been like this for about a decade, but that doesnt mean all games are trash. Most of them are, for sure, but its easy to tell from a mile away
If you hate video games and can't have fun anymore, its almost always a personal issue - theres still tons of games from years and decades past that you havent played and could be enjoying right now, if you had that mental capacity anymore

Attached: 1478103213004.jpg (416x417, 111.17K)