Why?

why?

Attached: Screenshot_20210425_144815.jpg (1897x1080, 372.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AhECNqwEFHY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The right is cuter.

The right is sillier.

why not ?

Sex with meatballs!

dunno but mods fix it

The right is more faithful to the original zoom zoom

Zoom eternal is dogshit, that's why. People complained about doom16 being too story heavy and the devs doubled down in exactly the same way the Wolfenstein team doubled down. It seems like the teams that resurrect these titles have a pattern of
1. Make passable reboot game
2. Go hog fucking wild with fanfic tier story writing
3. Continue in this fashion until even the gameplay doesn't resemble step 1.

Hehe look at its scrotum

Tax writeoff

he cute

doom 2016 had a bit of an identity crisis, didnt really know what it wanted to be. luckily eternal stepped up and brought back all the old models

Hmm yes, why.
why is caco? a question for the ages.

Attached: 1546286685329.gif (160x220, 42.39K)

But that's the same model but slightly stretched and with small color changes...

The exact opposite is true. 2016 has an extremely tight aesthetic sensibility which was ruined by eternal’s nostalgia pandering. It’s split between 2 aesthetics and lives in an ugly middle ground.

I like a lot of the redesigns but this one was objectively a downgrade.

Attached: revenant.jpg (1280x720, 128.46K)

man this board is retarded

Holes

>Old thing good
Classic doom looks fine but translating the designs to a modern game 1:1 was shit looking and uncreative

as someone who has played doom since hell on earth came out, seeing the original sprites fucking finally faithfully represented in 3d is great. you sound like a little bitchboy

Cacodemons are supposed to be goofy, not scary. They literally have buttholes in the original Doom.

>but thats the same model except its completely different

>Seethe and seethe at 2016 for not being like muh 40 year old game until they compromise their own artistic sensibility to appeal to geriatrics
Angry boomers were the only whiny bitches involved

>Bitchboy
How to out yourself as a gay liberal in 1 post

I dont understand why they gave the hell knight eyes

enemy design is the least of 2016's problems
and eternal is far more popular so i guess geriatrics won :^)

Yes, the sequel did do well off the memory of 2016, you’re right. Except it also got so much shit for its development that it had to cram a “trilligy” ending into 2 of the worse reviewed DLCs in modern memory. Sounds like it passed the ball and fumbled, user.

damn, right side looks horrible lol

this
but for some reason it's okay because "well you can turn off the cutscenes!!"

Left:alien
Right:Cartoon Demon

>but for some reason it's okay because "well you can turn off the cutscenes!!"
Literally yes? So you can ignore the story and just play the game? Lmao

Attached: 1640350867554.jpg (392x475, 26.7K)

Truth. Eternal is Flanderization in the most obnoxious way. Gameplay is tight but every fucking thing else is irritating and poorly done, including not just story but music and art design

Story doesn’t get an excuse because you can skip it. The consensus on this board that story is bad for games is fucking brain dead and absolutely embarrassing. “Turning your brain off” and enjoying bright colors when you click the right buttons is for mongoloids. Games are a cumulative experience

Go back to your walking sims lil zoomie

Attached: 1635752244765.png (840x859, 474.43K)

>dude if the movie has a shitty ending just close your eyes, that's the same as the ending not happening

MORTALLY CHALLENGED XD

I give doom eternal 10/10 because I was able to uninstall it instead of play its shitty gameplay

Too much story, not enough gameplay. It’s cumulative, retard. Use your brain.

HIGHER

I think I've finally pinpointed what doesn't look right to me about a lot of character / creature models in contemporary games. There are no good solid shapes, everything has its shape warped in some way so it looks melting or dented or needlessly soft and malleable. This asshole for example is fundamentally a sphere with some small appendages but it's been segmented and pummeled so much that it doesn't have an intelligible form.

How about you use your brain and install TLOU instead, that seems to be more of your style

Not enough gameplay. Opposite problem as eternal and just a shitty. Try again, retard

It's certainly not helped with all the BLUR they implement while playing either.

Keep building up that person you hate in your head user and maybe somehow you'll end up forming an actual argument

2016 is like a proof-of-concept version of eternal. It's just so slow and boring.

MOOOOOOOM

Attached: 1640579495356.jpg (432x509, 91.51K)

this

>People complained about doom16 being too story heavy
???
Literally all I read was omg doom16 is so subversive doomguy does not care about le story XD he's so epic smashing the comms console!!
Isn't there like 2 maybe 3 cutscenes in 16 total?

There were those segments where you were locked in a room and forced to listen to Hayden talk to you. Granted, it was only two or three times, but it was still annoying.
I still prefer the story overall in 2016 over Eternal, though. Even if I prefer skipping cutscenes.

soulless vs soul

There are at least 3 segments that lock doom guy in an empty room while exposition is thrown at you for longer than 3 minutes

>we want the wider audience
>(you) are not the target audience

There has never been a Doom game I've not enjoyed.

2016s story is like a great camp action movie like evil dead. Eternal is r rated MCU

because people bitch if a game doesn't change its models and textures for a new title for some reason. Every game must have uniquely new models.

but who cares since absolutely nobody is here for the story

talentless nudoom hacks

Attached: 1650756820896.png (269x327, 51.06K)

Yes.

Attached: 1635112089578.png (790x442, 155.63K)

16 had slight trappings of MCU with it's Praetor suit lore. Eternal jumped the shark giving all these gay little ignorable lore moments full life with XD RIP AND TAIR! cutscenes and ALSO ZOOM GUY WAS DA MOST BADDASSEST OF DA ARDEN CHAMPIONS IN DA ARDENT GLADIATOR STADIUM blah blah blah

>china friendly redesigns

>How many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man

>DOOM 2016 IS TOO EDGY AND GOREY LIKE THE RETARDED BRUTAL DOOM MOD, FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!
>"okay, we'll tone down the gore a bit
>NO NO NO NOW IT LOOKS TOO GOOFY AND ARCADEY NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you just can't win with some people

Attached: IMG_0955.jpg (296x376, 14.59K)

Never played Eternal but cacoposting was a great time to be using this shitty website

Yeah, that's about right. It seemed really full of itself, too. I dunno how they took the fact that people loved how much the 2016 seemed disinterested in its story and decided to make it more of a focus, even with skippable cutscenes.

>choose to make doomguy talk
>it's just another rip and tear reference

>zoomers actually angry that they changed it to look more like the classic enemy that everyone fell in love with
contrarianism is a disease

If you don't like Doom Eternal then you no can haz cheezburger and will be cursed to never get da epic reddit updoots!!!
youtu.be/AhECNqwEFHY

So is being old, but at least theres a 100% mortality rate

Well yes, everyone dies. I'm not sure what your point is.

NO JOHN DOOMGUY, YOU ARE THE DEMONS!

Attached: 1650915462664.jpg (815x768, 298.96K)

Man you guys will argue about anything

>Well yes, everyone dies.
speak for yourself

oh no god forbid people debate their different opinions on Yea Forums

it's okay to have an opinion, even if it's completely wrong

Where do you think we are?

Attached: where.jpg (644x644, 66.56K)

No user. We need to see a picture of doom eternal and as if a pavlovian response say "YES, VIDEO GAMES!"

uh okay

REEEEE!!!
WHY WON'T THEY MAKE IT EXACTLY THE SAME
WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?!
I DIDN'T GET A NEW GAME FOR THINGS TO BE DIFFERENT!!!
THOSE FUCKING LIBERTARIAN COMMIE NAZIS RUINING MY FUCKING VIDEOGAMES BY CHANGING THINGS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I’ve gotten this far without dying, I think I’m good

You alright there, user?

Attached: 1601253741149.png (119x128, 4.7K)

Yea Forums reminds me of those people that go on a trip to a different country and spend the entire trip bitching that things aren't the same as where they came from.

>Linear levels
>Shit enemy placement
>Gay weapons
>y-y-y-youre just angry it's not exactly like Doom 1!
I would have taken Doom 3-2 over eternal

you mean europeans?

>>Linear levels
Not the issue because OP is bitching about the cacodemon looking different specifically specifically.
>>Shit enemy placement
Not the issue because OP is bitching about the cacodemon looking different specifically specifically.
>>Gay weapons
>>y-y-y-youre just angry it's not exactly like Doom 1!
Just because you stutter like a little bitch doesn't mean you should project that behavior on others. Yes, that's exactly what op is doing. Bitching that cacodemon is different.
>I would have taken Doom 3-2 over eternal
Well nobody is fucking asking you because nobody is talking about that shit. If you lack basic comprehension then don't expect people to give a shit when it comes to present your own opinion.

Fuck me for thinking that DOOM Eternal's easy mode was actually easy, all they do is make the enemies hit for less damage and die faster, they still spawn like crazy, hit you with their homing fireballs and surround you with bullshit on the lowest difficulty which then makes me pissed off because i'm getting stuck against fucking IMPS swarming me because they want to give me ammo. I'm not dying or anything but i'm certainly not enjoying myself either.

luv classic doom
luv nudoom
3 had its moments and I'd like to see the formula improved upon

simple as

why are anons so angry that some people don't like the new games though

Attached: file.png (850x875, 854.96K)

No, New Yorkers. I don't know which European nutted in your mom and didn't call after, but there's a good 10% chance it wasn't me, so maybe stop having europeans live in your head rent-free 24/7.
Also
>Literally nobody:
>You: Europeans!
This is one of the symptoms of autism, you might wanna get tested.

>Doom 2016
gritty, macarbe, gory because that's what happens when a 12 gauge is stuck up the roof of anything's mouth
>Doom Eternal
HOW DO YOU DO FELLOW BOOMER SHOOTER ENTHUSIASTS? LOOK AT THIS VIBRANT, FORTNITE COLOR? AREN'T THESE DEMONS SO HUGABLE? WHOAH WATCH OUT, OUR GAME IS RATE M FOR MANBABY, OUR BLOOD IS GORETASTIC ON A SCALE OF BACON TO NARWHAL. GO OUT, AND RIP TO THE EXTREME!!!!!!

Lmao Jesus Christ stop seething

Don't worry, all you children, when the next Doom game comes out you can start screaming and shitting yourself into a faggot-raping fury frenzy over it while lamenting Eternal as the last great Doom game where the devs actually cared.

>596919886
wow user.

Attached: IMG_4588.png (494x388, 162.18K)