Hades

Can this weapon EVER be made useful?

Attached: latest[1].png (230x230, 61.37K)

For some reason my friend did dozens of runs with the Rail, using boons to ensure he got the Zeus boon for primary attack and the artemis boon that fires arrows every time you attack to essentially double your DPS. It still feels like ass.

what are you talking about, the Rail is fucking awesome

More like zanzibadgun

it's good with the shotgun hammer upgrade

What's the aspect that makes your first shot after reloading a real attack? It's that one.

Turn on auto aim and play with a controller.
Makes the rail beyons broken

Hidden aspect of Rail is where it's at faggots, just pick Zeus boon and support for it with some crits and go to town. Works for me at 50+ heat

Lucifer? Pretty awkward in my opinion.

yeah it's great, a bit tricky to use but fun once you get it

Build it with zues. You can do some special attack spamming builds that a ridiculously broken as well but I don't remember specifics. If ya want best weapon just use bow and row a Artemis crit build with the boosted special and that one auto target thing

>wojakbart forgive me
>I must destroy this meme

I love how fannyflustered anons who initially screamed "NOOO YOU'RE USING IT WROOONG IT'S FOR MAKING FUN OF SOULS! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MAAAD!" are now just throwing the term everywhere to kill it faster.

Forgive me, Chanzibart, but you've Myrmidon of Lost the Game.

>Eris aspect Rail
>Artemis special
>rocket mode
>cluster special
>everything dies

Attached: du.png (540x428, 123.41K)

I just want to beat a run so I can really finally get into the game, how do I get past the Elysium boss duo

Attached: zonked out.jpg (1024x1018, 84.09K)

I heavily focused on Darkness farming in the start
Got the mirror buff that gave +40% dmg on enemies with 2 or more debuffs
Game became mush easier after that imo

What the fuck dude? You're even worse than the idiot to whom you replied. Take this retarded off-topic spam elsewhere. No one knows what the fuck you're saying.

I have like 4500 darkness but haven't spent any of it into that. Can you actually reliably have enemies suffer from two debuffs?

The rail is literally the most OP weapon in the game, it's just that you have to play the exact opposite way from swords and shit because you want to hit where you're not and move away from enemies. But it's the weapon that has allowed me to do 50 heat runs without really sweating - granted at high heat it requires stuff mentioned by other anons like rocket or cluster (or both)

It also works with pretty much any god as main, although my preference is zeus/ares/artemis for it.

You can't

>Ares main Rail
So you take Impending Doom and the other Doom stacker with it?

That doesn't sound too bad, I have a lot of the mirror stuff unlocked. I'll give it a try.

Attached: Thumbs up face.jpg (460x503, 27.52K)

yeah if you go with Ares you want to make doom stack as much as possible so that you do passive damage when you're dashing around

forgive me Zagribart but you're a faggot and you like to smoke the myrmidon of cocks

I got my first win easily with the nuclear bomb thing. Like laughably easy. Pair it with a percentage boon for even bigger, stupider booms and you can nearly 1 shot every boss.

Nuclear bomb thing? Do tell, what did you use?

>Default aspect.
>Burst fire upgrade.
>Triple grenade or giga-grenade upgrade.
Now it's decent.
Although even with shit luck it's still going to perform well (despite feeling like absolute ass) because Hades combat is a sloppy garbage that heavily favors long and tedious kiting with ranged attacks.

This was the weapon that got me through my first runs.
Now the bow, that thing is pure and utter shit.

Homing special is absolutely busted.

>He doesn't 1shot everything with lucifer aspect rail

Noted, that would make a lot of sense actually.

I like hades but it commits the cardinal sin of roguelites, being the darkness upgrade system and the fact that later areas are balanced towards you having them. The only thing you should be able to unlock in roguelites is the aiblity to get more shit

Afterbirth Isaac felt like it had the perfect balance. Unless you had an absolute shit tier run you could almost always make it with smart decisions and skilled play. Afterbirth plus felt too reliant on RNG and Repentance is just retardedly difficult, I can't even enjoy it anymore.
I dropped Dead Cells when I found out about the upgrade system and to progress the already difficult game gets exponentially harder. At least Hades is a lot more fun than Dead Cells so far.

I don't mind a gear scaling system, but it should be done IN a run. I'm working on a roguelite right now here instead of stacking a fuckton of items, you will be committing to a set of a few really potent items and then upgrading their base stats once you find a combo you like.

I like the sound of this. Will the progression be something like Item, Item, modifier, modifier, item item? So you start by simply diversifying your attack method, then right when it starts to get harder your attack method gets stronger, things plateau for a bit and you modify more, then the final stretch of challenge has more upgrades for your weirded out kit?

>Zeus attack
>Artemis support
>Artemis crit on everything
>infinite shots
>literally anything else
Ah yes. It's fun casual stroll through the game time.

The hammer thing that changes your weapon, one of them makes your secondary into this monstrous attack but it can also hurt you. Was never a problem for me. You just run backwards and launch a bomb where you were, and it nearly 1 shots every enemy. Zeus m1 for everything else.

You will have a weapon that determines how your bullets shoot, (is it a bullet, or a laser, or maybe a summon?) you will have armor pieces for head, legs, chest, and hands which will determine things like on hit effects, status effects, changing the shape of shots, speed of shots, etc.
Your firing method has 3 modes of fire, a light verison thats rapid fire and allows you to move at a 25% reduced speed, medium which is a strogner damage but slows you to half speed, and a heavy shot that you must stand still to channel a bit before firing. Essentially every item will have a noticable, meaningful, tangible effect on your build. You will have to bind equipment to get set bonuses and uupgrade past a certian gear level.

Cool. Already sounds much better than what Enter the Gungeon did, I wanted to love it but ended up hating that game the more I played. The progression was shit and consumable ammo meant unless your aim was perfect you were too reliant on the practically worthless starter gun.

To give an example you might have the basic spell, which just shoots typical bullets at light, maybe a larger bullet with more damage at medium, and a big fuck you blast at heavy.
Then you would have a chest piece piece that gives your shots bleed damage, a hood that makes shots track to enemies with stronger tracking on bleeding enemies, gloves to make your shots pierce, and leg armor to give you movespeed from damaged enemies. THen if you committed the set and got the bonus you would be able to stack bleed more, do more bleed damage, and gain lifesteel from bonus bleed damage.

Isn't the Rail like the objectively 'best' from a raw damage/speed standpoint?

You're going to love my game, i'm essentially taking all of my favorite aspects of roguelites and COD zombies and mashing them together, and removing the unfun parts. Nothing is lamer to me than going from room to room clearing out enemies in every game, I want to provide a sense of accomplishment for going outside the box. Imagine playing a gam ethat plays like enter the gungeon at it's core, but is setup like cod zombies

It's even better than that since it's ranged, with no pauses to charge like the bow or a big handicap like guan yu spear.

Sounds promising, good luck indie game bro. If it comes to consoles try to get a physical copy with the patches and bugfixes already installed made, I'm somewhat of a collector fag and like owning games I buy. Plus if I end up hating something I didn't completely blow money either, I can just sell it off.

Attached: smile.gif (200x234, 3.06M)

If you can't beat the final boss after 15-20 total runs with the rail, you're a scrub.

Tentative title is crystal spire, so be on the lookout for a Kickstarter page or trailer or something. Goal is working alpha >trailer > live under a rock until beta/release. Will probably take a while pixel art is strangely the hardest part for me, i can make music and code like a madman so really once i get some halfway decent sprites together i'll be in business

Rail is hella good. Take on-hit perks like dionysus or zeus for the normal attack. Easy max stacks. The bombs are crazy good, take bick dick scaling for the special and try to find special hammers, special chaos and if you can get rockets and the split shot on it you have an automatic win, enjoy your giga damage rockets that shoot across the room and one shot everything.

Yeah if you can build the duo boons with ares those are pretty crazy too.

It is awkward but pretty good. You can lay a fuck ton of the timed bombs on top of minions before they spawn, pop them then gg. It's very time efficient since you can technically be doing damage even when everything is dead or you're dodging and evading things. Helps with those harder encounters since you can kill most of a wave as soon as the fight starts.

Oh shit I had talked to about that game in the thread about crystals, you mentioned wanting crystal hearts that shattered when they were destroyed. Hope to see more crystal/mineral Kino sometime.

Attached: Rupees.gif (500x174, 122.86K)

Having dionysus and aphrodite will make it easy to apply debuffs
Just have dio's debuff on your faster attack because it relies on your attack speed due to the decay being fast with him

I found the adamant rail to be one of my favorite weapons. I prefer the aspect of eris where you can buff yourself by staying in the blast radius of the grenade.
Launche the grenade, dash into the center, the blast clears the enemies, unload on nearest target, shoot another grenade and dash into the center rinse and repeat

that's literally the best weapon in the game

Focus on theseus first.
Set up three crystal beams around him so hes always taking damage he cant shield. Dash in, give him some hits, dash out when the bull gets close.
The ares blade cast/dash is also super effective with him.
Once theseus is down the minotaur is easy to maneuver around. If you have the blade dash just dash and kite him around and he'll get chewed up just following you.

You can't get the beams if you haven't gotten past Theseus at least once

Yes, but you need to bias your boon choices a bit towards turning it on. For example, if you have a Zeus or Poseidon attack, then you'll want to prioritize the passive boon that makes it inflict status.

The rail that deals big damage after manually reloading is the best one. Already planning on choosing that for my attempt at 32 heat.

You are correct, I completely forgot about that.
Ares would be my advice then.

That one's really strong, but it's kind of boring since you can only do 1 build with it. It doesn't scale with anything except crits so you need Arty attack, a way to proc status effects with your dash/special and that's more or less your entire build.

This is the best weapon in the game.

Yes, my first run with this fucker i got my first clear. It's very good and i shieldfagged for 10 runs and failed before that.

The sword is easily the worst

Poseidon sword is good but with that one you don't actually use the sword moveset so you're still basically correct

I prefer to focus the minotaur first while ignoring the dude, as long you are spamming dash you should dodge most of his javelins then really it's just a 1v1 with the minotaur, kiting him and avoiding his stuff. Going on Theseus first feels bad because he gets that enrage and god boons that flood the map with heavy damage, fighting him kind of sucks too because he has that directional block and huge punishing swing he does, I feel like its better to just ignore him and mind your spacing while you fight the bull instead. Dashing behind the bull will keep you pretty safe from his attacks and you really need to pay attention is when he starts spamming leap attacks and dodge towards him so he over shoots it behind you. Once you clear the bull then you can focus on theseus and all of his aoe spam without any distractions.

how is it so good bros...
might replay it again soon idk