Just bought this. What I am in for?

Just bought this. What I am in for?

Attached: LenovoLegion5ProRTX3060__1_.jpg (700x447, 43.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.info/Lenovo-Legion-5-Pro-16ACH6H.525159.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for tax evasion

specs?

Still have my Legion with a 1660ti from 2019 and it's still surviving. Touchpad and esc key stopped working, but it's not that big of a deal. Still runs everything without an issue.

smell of smoke and heat

overheating

TurboTax

notebookcheck.info/Lenovo-Legion-5-Pro-16ACH6H.525159.0.html

>gaming
>laptop
I would recommend returning it

this and fan noise

I tried one out in the store and it felt real cheap and flimsy. Wouldn’t expect it to last for very long.

hello fellow 1660ti bro. wish some stuff wouldn't lag the fuck out in silent mode. shit is so loud on turbo it hurts.

Attached: 1604956136658.jpg (250x333, 11.26K)

post the specs here faggot. Too lazy to press any links

as someone who has the legion 5 yeah it heats up like a motherfucker even on old games, if you plan to use it OP, get some risers for the bottom.
also it can't run emulators very well, I have the Ryzen edition with a 3060 and it struggles with rpcs3

A pretty good time desu, but you should really get a cooling pad and install some program to keep tabs on the temperature.

It's definitely one of the better gaming laptops. It still has laptop issues like becoming really fucking hot and deteriorating in quality as years go by. The keyboard of every fucking laptop I owned always died before anything else. It's so fucking strange. Does the heat just damage the components over time?

Spects are good and have nice ram and video card. the problem as usual the temperature, a cooling pad can't fix it if your room or zone where you live is a fucking infierno. considere that before put your games at max

what gaming laptop should I buy under 1000 bucks?

undervolt the cpu and gpu to avoid overheating

I think that's mostly an issue with AMD shit. Emulators don't like it. I have an I7 9750H and a 1660ti and I was able to run some mind-blowing ps3 games like Minecraft at 60 fps, and Sonic Unleashed ranging from 10 fps to 80. Really fun. I want to try the Last of Us, but I'm afraid the laptop would actually fucking melt

everything that is not rpcs3 runs pretty much flawlessly on legion 5 laptops.

hopefully it doesnt use windows 11and a bunch of other bullshit

Intel 7/ryzen 7, over 3050 and 8-16gb ram. The most important aspect to check in laptops is the model, if the have shit cooling design it will melt no matter what. read alot reviews about the design

you think they would take advantage of all the cores. demons souls runs okay ish but the audio cracking makes me play on mute. i haven't tried other emulators, got any recommendations?

>gaming
>laptop

1660ti Lenovo Legion here too, this laptop kills. I'm playing Elden Ring at 60fps 2160p with everything basically set to high. Use Throttlestop to keep temps down, zero reason not too. Helps keep my laptop about 5-8 celsius cooler and runs apps faster. Do your own research if you don't know what I'm talking about, it'll help a ton.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-25 120944.png (1896x1460, 125.62K)

It just the keyboard laptop components.
>lots of shit get inbetween the crevices
>no real easy way to clean, most of the time all you're doing is blowing shit around instead of blowing dust out
>shit care: people eat/drink/have sweaty hands and this fucks up the contacts

I recently had to disassemble a relative's laptop and I really cleaned the keyboard and there's a huge improvement.

suggestions?

Honestly pretty much anything aside from rpcs3 works flawlessly. I haven't tried Yuzu, though. I did a full playthrough of Botw with zero issues and over 60 fps without zero frame drops. Cemu is godsent. I'd try Yuzu but I don't know where to get switch roms and I can't be bothered dumping my own copies

Dolphin works especially well, but that runs on literally anything. Don't think I need to point out that it runs SNES or Gameboy emulators well lol

A desktop

An overpriced Lenovo laptop.

Grow up grandpa

All these people complaining about temp problems are just dumb, I've never seen my CPU go above 95 Celsius playing AAA games at max. Learn how to use Throttlestop and buy a cooling pad.
It's not 2012 anymore gramps, gaming laptops are a reasonable choice.

Yeah I'm really happy with the laptop. I can see it being perfectly usable until atleast 2024

Molten plastic and mediocre gaming.

its great if you only play old games (2015 and down)

For a repalcement in 2-3 years.

> See laptop thread
> recomend PC
> refuse to elaborate
> leave

Attached: file.png (800x450, 141.03K)

Is it okay to downgrade to 10 without issues, mine came with windows 11 :(

>its not 2012 anymore
No shit, it's 2022.
>gaming
>laptop
Pick one

>his battle station isn't in a walk in freezer
NGMI

You most probably will have a bit or no issues. If I were you, I'd check the availability of drivers first. If there are, then I'd go for it.

Use Linux Mint, it's superior to Windows in every way

>It's not 2012 anymore gramps, gaming laptops are a reasonable choice.
they could be, if people stopped making gaming laptop as thin as they could. this is what they looked like back then. imagine the cooling manufacturers could shove in these behemoths nowadays

Attached: AlienwareM14xR2-4.jpg (800x438, 47.03K)

Don't get why they don't do this. I wouldn't mind the laptop being a bit heavier and larger so it could have better cooling

But I'm playing Elden Ring 60fps on high settings 2160p? I emulated Breath of the Wild perfectly and currently I'm emulating Persona 5. Oh, FF7 Remastered was a blast too, their face details blew me away. The entire game felt like a gf simulator, in a fun way.

Attached: 1650858691526.jpg (1920x1080, 357.38K)

Attached: Gaming Laptop Users Be Like.webm (360x360, 598.92K)

a desktop under 1000 bucks maybe?

>yuzu
i have a legion 5 too, rtx 3060 and i7 and i've been playing legends arceus flawlessly

So it's trash my Asus us from 2015 no problem

collegefags unironically. everyone wants things to be like the Iphone/Ipad

I don't get the people complaining about temps. My legion is always lifted and the only real problem is the noise under heavy load. The keyboard never gets hot.

I had an asus laptop with a 950m, treated it nicely and it still fucking died after 2 years. Glad they don't put those shitty ---m cards into laptops anymore

The realization that a notebook chassis isn't made for components that dissipate >100W, that it has shit battery life, and the power brick is a literal brick you'll have to carry everywhere.

And the manufacturer cut every corner in order to give you the best paper specs at the lowest possible price, which will make you hate your life when using the laptop.

This is what I use for Revit at work think mines a 7 tho, and I take him home to play elden ring on max, havn't had a single issue

the charger is fucking retarded, it sticks straight out the back with no curved angles, so make one wrong tug and it breaks the fucking thing

970m still play games daily

I bought one of these last year and I actually really like it. Bear in mind that you can force older games to use the integrated graphics chip instead of the actual card, which reduces power consumption and heat significantly. If you use firefox it'll eat your battery too, I had to do some kind of tweak to fix it. Watch a few youtube videos on how best to use the different modes for power consumption - I've found in most cases, blue mode is just fine.

This is awesome, thanks a lot user.

This post reminded me actually - I wanted to move from windows 10 home to pro when I got mine, and I found a new and shit feature of windows when doing it. Windows now "bakes" the serial code of your OS into the BIOS, so when you try reformatting to a different version, it won't even let you - it doesn't give you the choice of whether you want home/pro etc. The solution is to put a blank text file with a certain name in a certain folder on the installation USB. You can find details on google. If during the installation process it does not offer you the version choice, you need to do this.

>now
They have been doing HWID since the launch of 10
>dont get a choice
I assume you're talking about a laptop? Probably scuffed by the OEM in some way

>gaming laptop as thin as they could.
just get an external rtx3080 for big games

Attached: ASUS-ROG-Flow-X13-99-700x394.jpg (700x394, 42.91K)

Yeah, it was a laptop (this is a thread about laptops). I don't know what causes it, just providing a solution.

This. I love my coolingpad. as soon as i ordered it my laptop runs so much better.

legion laptops are bretty good, the only issue i had with my y540 was cpu hinges somehow being looser which was easily replaced, also clean it often and the area under it, dust can get in very easily

*cpu fan hinges

They buy apple shit though like 95% of the time because they think that's the best option