Why is nobody copying the formula?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the only major exception that comes to mind.

Attached: 8e2f9a99619eef8dd205bb55046f7d6c.jpg (1191x670, 51.9K)

do kingdom cucks ever shut up about their 6/10 game

>Kingdom Come: Deliverance
I liked the A Woman's Lot DLC

Attached: frog1.jpg (640x640, 41.01K)

Bethesda just makes it look easy.

stop seething about it and they might

OH BOY I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ENTERING MY 67TH BANDIT CAMP!!!!! WHAT'S IN THIS CHEST HERE? A SILVER SWORD? I CAN SELL THIS FOR 20 GOLD

KCD is skyrim but with realistic sword play
this is a bad thing for most normalfaggots

>realistic
lmao

Because R* has always been at the top of the open world pecking order and everyone has been chasing GTA's tail since 2001.

>what is Two Worlds
>what is Dragon's Dogma
>what is The Witcher
>what is Breath of the Wild

They're both shit, user. Skyrim is at least playable shit.

Because Witcher 3 did what Skyrim tried to do better so now people want to copy Witcher instead of Skyrim.

Which is honestly a shame. We need more big open world games that at the same time have a small community of NPCs which their own names, AI, etc. Skyrim was revolutionary when it came to this.

Attached: ScreenShot1431.jpg (1920x976, 988.46K)

Because it's actually difficult to create these games, which Todd-haters refuse to admit.

Because you need
>big open persistent world
>shitloads of interior locations to explore beyond just an overworld
>fuckloads of interactivity via while still running at a playable framerate
And that's really hard to make. More importantly it takes a really long time to make. All these fuckers citing the Witcher 3 when maybe you'd get every tenth house or so in Novigrad able to be entered and NPCs random don't get it.

because its difficult and expensive to do it
kingdom come was only a thing because they used kickstarter and their employees had slav paychecks
the only ones doing a thing that resembles bethesda shit is obsidian
and they are fucking shit

Budget issues.
This. Witcher and TES don’t even try to do the same thing, so they’re not comparable.

Console shit?

>realistic sword play
if realistic is a synonym for bad, sure

kcd doesn't have magic, and for that reason, i'm out

literally filtered lmao
this is fair tho

Play the Gothic games, especially 1 and 2. I personally like 3 and finished it completionist style twice but I can't overlook that the game felt a bit off and was a bit of a disappointment.

TES and Gothic were ultimately inspired by Ultima Underworld.

you have to be european to get it, sorry muttoid

Not every Fantasy Open-World game is like TES.

eurotranny cope. it sold better in usa

Dunno. Games just keep getting shitter.

Like, look at dragon and giant fights in Skyrim compared to ER.

Syrim you get a chance to use bows, spells, etc. whereas ER you are just hacking at legs every fight.

What does your skill issue have to do with anything?

>trust me dude

But he’s kinda right. Fighting giants and lesser dragons is pretty boring.

what skill issue, thats the only way to fight them. lmao.

and then you need a walkthrough to find out where to go to buy/use the dragon powers. Great.

>b-b-b-b--but m-m-m-muh-h-heckin h-h-h-houses
>wh-wh-who c-c-c-cares a-a-about m-m-m-m-mechanics a-a-and s-s-systems, f-f-f-fuckin' h-h-h-h-houses

Dunno if you're the same guy, but he said he wasn't good enough to use spells or bows and was only able to attack enemies legs. I don't think it's fair to judge a game that way. The dragon churches are also really easy to find, especially the one that gets all the special incantations.

Yes actually. You want a TES-like game, you have to have fuckloads of interiors, dungeons and houses. Otherwise it's just a ubisoft open world game at best.

Yura tells where you can get dragonic powers when you’ve killed Agheel. Don’t you do any exploring or how the fuck did you manage to miss both of the churches?

They made oblivion in like 4 years.
Most devs (bethesda included) just don't want to try

Because its a lot of work. People shit on bethsedia but you can’t just make a massive world with tons of quests in it, lore with dozens and dozens of books, thousands upon thosands of voicelines, even if quest quality is mediocre most of the time it is impressive.
I know witcher 3 doesn’t fit because you don’t really make a character but people proceed to suck its dick for those exact reasons and that game was in development for a pretty long time
The formula works, it just takes too much work for the average studio or they think they can’t pull it off

>They made oblivion in like 4 years.
4 years is a lot for AAA games, and they still used procgen and copy-pasting entire dungeon layouts for most of it.

Nobody seethes about it because nobody fucking thinks about it until you faggots show up.

Obsidian developed Fallout New Vegas in 18 months
Devs have no excuse.

Attached: 1633065180161.jpg (1024x688, 40.76K)

>We need more big open world games that at the same time have a small community of NPCs which their own names, AI, etc. Skyrim was revolutionary when it came to this.
LOL

Gothic 1 and 2 actually did it like 50 years ago. And every single quest was unique without "go to X and bring item Y" bullshit.

And new vegas has a bunch of quests that were rushed and not done with half of the games models already done and ready to be used

Dude gothic 1 fucking boring. Sure might have slighty more interesting quests at the start but fuck me. Half of thats games runtime is slow walking between camps

The NPCs cant tell you anything if they're dead. They die randomly just by completing main story quests.

I never spoke to Patches about any side quests and he died in Volcano Manor after killing Rykard, even tho he never went to Volcano Manor in my game.

In a game engine already built with the majority of its assets already made.
The only time people get close to aping Bethesda's open worlds is when they're just mods for Bethesda's open worlds.

>elden ring
>not using bows/spells
???
you had every opportunity to use spells/bows in E:R

The unique selling point of Bethesda rpgs is that every interior is modelled and every object interactable. That's not incidental to their success, it's integral.

This. Plus you really CAN climb that hill, there are no invisible barriers barring the borders to other provinces

Yura tells you in the beginning of the game. Patches never dies in Volcano Manor so it sounds like you just didn't find him again.

I literally would rather only play Morrowind for the rest of my life then play five minutes of KCD combat

Attached: AC79D1CE-C672-4DC7-B973-30E90361686C.jpg (320x180, 6.77K)

jews gave you ADHD, zoomer boi. not my problem tho

but then you didnt beat it

same
and I fucking hate morrowind

>The games are generally praised for their expansive open world, lively npcs, and sandbox nature. The first one is done pretty often with mixed results, the second one is generally avoided because every developer aside from the Age of Empires teams hates even thinking about AI development, and the third one is done less often because nu-devs want to tell their heckin epic railroaded story
>Bethesda has pretty much cornered the market and could probably dab on any planned release with a new FO/TES/SF
>The nature of the genre is quite demanding on time and funding budgets due to the scope of the games
That's all I can think of

i replayed morrowind and oblivion this year. i immediately broke the game and rushed thorugh it as the ulimate reality bending giga mage

6/10?
too low.
you probably got filtered.

Whatever happened to K:CD's devs anyway, shouldn't a sequel have come out by now?

but if you're an invadechad you pretty much need jar cannon to kill the afk "farmers" in half of the regions

they arent very good template to build a game on because tes kinda fundamentally sucks
morrowing was fine for its time, they never improved on the game after that

They made it in less. It's not like they immediately started full development right after Morrowind released. Besides Oblivion is buggy as fuck and that kind of thing would not be acceptable nowadays.

same, Morrowind offers a schizo complex lore that i can study for the rest of my life.

KCD offers sex scenes for incels.

their engine is a strong point too. the tools work in their favor where obsidian came to make new vegas in a year and a half.

Not sure about that, it seems Bethesda hardly knows how to utilize it considering all the bugs and weird stuff like ladders and how the trams work

Nah, Bethesda just hires trash employees and end up with mediocre results. It doesn't help that they push games out before they're ready just to meet arbitrary meme dates. I bet they won't do that aga-
>Starfield release date: 11/11/22
Nevermind it's DoA.

>Oblivion is buggy as fuck and that kind of thing would not be acceptable nowadays
user why would you outright lie.

Outer World is another example. I don't know why more studios don't do these types of games. My guess is they take a long time to make and aren't as marketable because the combat isn't flashy and showing people talking doesn't work well for ads, so AAA studios shy away. The genre are also too big for most indie studios, and needs a AA team at least. AA studios are rare nowadays.