Jesus christ, what a fucking disaster

Jesus christ, what a fucking disaster

Attached: 630722-final-fantasy-vii-remake-playstation-4-front-cover.jfif.png (800x800, 658.59K)

Indeed
One of the worst disappointment of the PS4 era.

And now the ps5 era. Game still isn't finished.

True
Maybe on PS6 or PS7 they will end this massacre operated on a cult classic that was the original FF7 for ps1.

This isn't even a real remake, it should have called ff7 fanfictional world, by Nomura...

gackt when

unironically what were they thinking?

I enjoyed it , but the story sucks nigger dick

One of the best games of all time. Perfect combat and top-tier likable cast. People who don't like it aren't worth listening to.

>Perfect combat and top-tier likable cast
Correct. Time jannies were goofy though and the pacing was better in the original.

>perfect combat
Fight any aerial enemies

Actual gameplay was good, but I've seen schizo ramblings with more coherency then the plot in the latter half of the game.

>Correct. Time jannies were goofy
just like here!!! Nomura is an amazing writer in the sense that he managed to capture the janny's essence so well and write it very convincingly into a game

I was 100% prepared to buy a PS4 to play this until the reports started coming in of what it actually is

Not really. Watching the ending again gave me real excitement on whats to come. Really good game.

FF7 Remake has one of the worst areal combat I've ever experienced.

The moment Square Enix gave Nomura maximum freedom on the plot, the FFVII Remake project began to tear and catch fire, becomung pure trash.

Now only ridiculous glittering ashes remain

>top-tier likable cast
Yes. The story sucks though and it is also incredibly stupid that the game is split into parts.

>the story sucks though
Ff7 story didnt suck

I’m not getting part 2. Who else?

I get the feeling they tried to ape almost every western dev trend in the last decade and threw it into a blender. Between the multi part break up, the $20 3 hour DLC, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to make this some freakish games as a service thing

>They're still seething
Still the best RPG in recent times.
Still a success with lots of fans loving it.
Still gonna make everyone seethe MORE when Part 2 comes out.

Dont worry ill get two copies to cover you and kick u out of the marker

Oh, you mean "announced too early"?

Attached: zp-280414_Final-Fantasy-XVI_2020_10-29-20_002.jpg (2732x2114, 559.31K)

As the kids say, weird flex but ok

i had fun playing it

Do we really need multiple schizo threads about this game at once? The game was kino. Of course now zoomers have to "prove" they're down with the oldfags by taking every opportunity to shit on it and prop up the original, as if the entire world didn't play it 20 years ago.

Honestly, it was so bad that it makes me appreciate pic related now.

Attached: compilation.jpg (1847x948, 473.69K)

>kino
It was “OK” at best. I was excited to explore “more” of Midgar but then I realized all of midgar was samey looking slums and corridors

I was given this game "for free" on plus and i refuse to touch it. My friend, whos favorite game is ff7 - hundreds of hours, beat it multiple times, got everyone to 99, all their moves and weapons - played it but never finished it.
It was destined to be a piece of shit from the start, and I can only dread the pending existence of a FF9 remake

Attached: 1637699553101.jpg (640x370, 29.37K)

Attached: 12547865485.jpg (599x399, 149.63K)

>unironically what were they thinking?
Apparently nothing. The game and that whole endeavour just screams "we're just winging it as we go".

They were thinking release it in two parts and make double the money

>muh combat
I always see this weird cope whenever people try to defend this game. The combat is not terrible, but it's also nothing special. Gets the job done, but nothing to write home about. It could be quite a bit better.

The praise for "muh combat" in this game always feels so forced that you have to wonder what the hell kind of stockholm syndrome squeenix drones have been subjected to over the years. Are you being threatened to say it? Do you need help?

The padding was abundant, apparent, and insulting to the player
>2 motorcycle segments
>2 trips through the sewers
>Leslie and “muh gf!”
>Jessie’s stupid parents and shit
>motorcycle faggot
>that FUCKING Hojos lab section where you split up the party
>dozens of loading screens hidden behind “walking and squeezing through tight corridors”
>that fuck long walking “gameplay” from the church to Aeris’ house
I’m forgetting some I’m sure

kek

Main story is fine, time jannies are annoying but not game breaking. Music is very good, boss fights are cool and well done. Side mission are complete trash and a waste of time.

Have they still not made a decision how many parts they want to release?

>that part where you’re infiltrating Shinra HQ and you play as Tifa and the “gameplay” is literally “hold forward on the monkey bars for about 5 mins”

time jannies weren't even Nomura's idea

Train graveyard was the absolute worst part of this shitshow.

>explore "more" of Midgar
>all of midgar is just one narrow ugly corridor connected by a couple tiny MMO hub areas
Sad.

Wasnt there also that part where they were like "If we just wait for a while, maybe Shinra will let Aerith go. :)"

Are we now free to show our hate of this shit game without shills and trolls cackling? 2 years ago 75% of these threads would be clowns trying to justify the time jannies

Well how long does it take you to rub one out? I like to spend at least 5 minutes to get a good session. Any less than that and it doesn't feel as good.

Time jannies are the least of this "game" 's problems.

>letting shills bully you

that's probably it

>two
At this pace I can't even imagine getting to the Gold Saucer by the end of the second part.

two parts? The remake doesnt even cover the first quarter of the original. This shits gonna need 4 parts at least.

The train graveyard in the remake is fucking genius, what the hell are you smoking? Metaphorically speaking the train represents the game, and what does a train ride on? A rail. The game is railroaded, an extremely linear affair that barely even gives you any room to turn left or right in its narrow cramped hallway "dungeons." Just like Cloud says in the original FF7 when he's on the train with Barret:
>I know... no one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't run anywhere except where its rails take it.
You can't run anywhere except where the level design takes you.

And the "graveyard" represents how the Final Franchise is fucking dead.

There's one guy who is still trying very hard. Barry levels of madness. He never managed to justify the time jannies though, just got mad if anyone said they were shit but never explained why they were good.

I love the og and Remake. Buying Part 2 day 1 and looking forward to more waifu pandering and Aerith-Tifa-Yuffie-shipping.

you should buy it 100 times. just imagine how mad I'll be then.

If you're waiting for the big finish then they're either gonna cut a ton of shit out, or you're waiting until the PS8 era.

Amen. WHERE'S HIS GLOWING MAKO EYES? And there's too much damn fluff to distract the gamer from the obvious reality that they didn't make a big world to play in.

Just know that out there is a screaming man-baby who's happy because "IT'S MORE REALISTIC AND THEY SAID AERITH INSTEAD OF AERIS (even though the Jaoanese-language version still uses Aeris) BECAUSE THAT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I DECIDED THAT THEY MEANT TO NAME HER! AND THE ACTION IS SO MUCH MORE REALISTIC WITH CLOUD AND TIFA FLYING ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE LIKE COKED-UP SQUIRRELS THAN THE OLD TURN-BASED SYSTEM WAS!"

Notice how you said the thing you’re looking forward to the most is the coomer waifu shit. Speaks volumes of the actual game

It's closer to around 5% of the game. In the overall story Midgar represents a tiny fraction of the game.

Don't care, they censored Tifa and Shiva. I'm glad there's mods that finally uncensor Tifa though, she just needs her cowtits back

nude mods are already out

So?

Attached: 1586519234457.gif (359x221, 3.04M)

>threads after threads of "REMAKE BAD! JANNIES!! REEEEEE"
>Jimbo literally LARPs as a youtuber to false flag as a Remake fanboy
>b-but muh shills
Why do you fags insists that you're the victim here, nigger. Game was shat on the moment the australian leaks was out.

>75% of these threads would be clowns trying to justify the time jannies
I have not once seen someone even try to do this. I know the game still has fans because FF7 diehards will eat shit until the end of time as long as it's FF7 media, but even they don't bother trying to justify the time jannies. Just weak ass shit like "well they're gone now so w/e"

Barry, no matter for how many years you cry, 7R, CC and DoC will always be considered great games

Prepare for jimbo mass replies lo

lmao

lol
f js

>they tried to ape almost every western dev trend in the last decade
we already know its a post-gen6 Square-Enix game