Bro, wake up it's 2009

Bro, wake up it's 2009

Attached: F4463D89-BFA4-4F9C-9A72-3DFBF7893DB6.jpg (640x360, 71.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qR9kvbXt4tk
youtube.com/watch?v=i_0G6WPuss4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

AND IM

DICK RIDIN'

OBAMA OBAMA

>itoddler is also a codbabby
Not even surprised. Hang yourself.

*goes back to sleep*

Oh cool *Logs off shitty shooter to go play league of legends*. Thanks bro!

Bro, wake up it's 1999

Attached: ut6ff1.jpg (1024x768, 80.57K)

Cool, wake me up when it's 2004 again.

Attached: 1618149724525.jpg (9264x4328, 3.75M)

Attached: 1650574971136.jpg (587x440, 75.2K)

>La creo primero, el que activa la bomba es un puto

Attached: 5478cfdc4c2d4.jpg (1280x960, 266.88K)

FUCK YES
youtube.com/watch?v=qR9kvbXt4tk

i never got the appeal of UT. so, Quake without strafe jumping and stunning graphics? what's so good about it?

Attached: 1650788725585.png (424x741, 245.79K)

Wake up bro, it's 1996.

Attached: 1646549913256.png (640x301, 12.96K)

I preferred Quake because the movement was more fluid but UT had some fun weapons. Jerky ass shit movement though.

2009 sucked dick the only good parts was minecraft was a thing and left 4 dead

the flak cannon and sliding seems pretty cool.

Attached: 1650773965900.png (128x128, 13.44K)

>shitreal cuckament
kys tim swiney
Quake 3 master race

Quake movement ruins the fun.

Hang yourself zoomer

Yay brown and piss instead of graphics
Fps are cod knockoffs
Fps protagonist has a death pant after running 2 meters, can carry only 2-3 guns and has regenerating health
Every fps enemy is a hitscaning pajeet with ak

quake 3 is better and nothing will change that

Oh good. Maybe I'll have a better chance finding a job in this time period.

Whatever you say, timmy. I still remember reading your interview where you told how you couldn't make shartreal engine have good movement system like in id Tech.l games

>Bro wake up we got Postal 2 demo in this months mag

2009 fucking sucked but I'd take it in a heartbeat over anything past 2020.

Casual quake that's it. music was outa this world. youtube.com/watch?v=i_0G6WPuss4

Attached: 1641936180503.jpg (1500x1500, 328.27K)

It's crazy we used to get all these high profile AAA games every year. What the fuck happened?

Not wrong.

Attached: 1648625877402.png (720x693, 160.82K)

The Great Recession killed off tons of studios and consolidated the industry into a few where budgets ballooned and now every game has to make a GORILLION dollars just to break even so fewer games are made taking fewer risks.

>Rust
No

It's fucking nuts how it just gets worse and worse.

Attached: 1648829362165.jpg (687x849, 124.34K)

this

Also forgot to mention that tons of normalfags flooded the market so games are catered to the lowest common denominator.

Entertainment still had some semblance of decency until about 2012. 2020 on is when we hit the exponential peak of shittiness.

Yep, it reminds me of the studio era of cinema where they could shovel garbage out the door and rest easy knowing it'd still sell.

We still get high profile AAA games, people just realized they are fucking garbage.
Horizon , gt7, arceus,ghostwire,tiny Tina.

Games are too big too fail and normies just buy them without thinking twice.

normies have no standards, they think as long as they play a 60$ game for 6 hours they got their moneys worth regardless of the content

TAKE ME BACK TO THE BF2 AND COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE DAYS
NOTHING HAS COME CLOSE TO THESE
BATTLEFIELD 3 WAS GOOD
CSGO COMMUNITY SERVERS ARE OKAY AT BEST BUT ZOOMERS AREN'T FUNNY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>360 kids now old enough to have nostalgia for mw2
lmao
didn't know about any movement or tricks when I was a kid but played way more UT because it had way more content out of the box and the bots were better, I now realize quake is fundamentally better

Garbage.. can I go back to about 04 to play counter-strike?

I think he meant the quantity not the quality. But what pours salt in the wound is that back then we got both

Quake had a stronger foundation, but Unreal had the fun variety like Assault mode and even vehicles later on.

The verge from standard definition gaming to (sub) HD gaming from ps2/gamecube/xbox - > 360/ps3/wii bloated budgets and made making new IPs/sequels to low sellers very risky.

Attached: 1649471284196.jpg (519x509, 42.89K)

Why did Quake die out bros? Was the skill floor too high? Is that why zoomers prefer Fartnite?

>Was the skill floor too high?
yes + casuals ruined gaming

>COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE DAYS
jesus fuck
no way this post is real

Wouldn't see how anybody wanted 2009 over now.

Xboxification of former PC franchises was fairly rampant and cancerous. I don't know how you played these games and didn't feel resentful of everything they would dumb down.

PC ports were not as bad as in the early 2000s. But they still blew tons of ass. GFWL ensured that some games are fucking unplayable on modern systems.

The Wii was just fucking garbage. Maybe the worst console of all time. It also ensured that gimmicks would proliferate Xbox/Xbox One and the PS3 and even would ruin their library.

The only thing worth playing on the PC at the time was Souce engine games or some Blizzard games.

Like RTS games it got ruined by esports faggotry instead of focusing on being good.

It spawned other games with new mechanics that people found interesting. You can only play one game for so long before you want to move on to other things.

I should be more specific. The community servers. Zombies, Surf, Bhop, Jailbreak...

Esports faggotry, plain and simple.

Quake was best at 1v1 duels and Unreal was better at big teambased games. I still prefer Quake as well but I can see Unreal's appeal

It's boring and sweaty. Once you played one match you've seen the entire game

In all aspects except competitive play source was the best CS

>Wouldn't see how anybody wanted 2009 over now.
Do you live under a fucking rock?

Just me and my dick, simple as.

Attached: 1467026-deck16_1.jpg (480x360, 18.2K)

>Once you played one match you've seen the entire game

Attached: 1648668866671.jpg (309x326, 14.55K)

>filled with bing bing wahoo garbage
what kind of retard made this list

>n-no the game is sooo deep bro! Did you see that guy pick up armor for 2 minutes and rocket jump?! Heckin epic bro!
Just post your Rocket jump webms already, boomer, look at this cool gameplay bro! He heckin jumped!

Attached: super fast movement 1.webm (1000x600, 2.97M)

first, people played Quake because there wasn't much competition at the time in terms of online multiplayer games with good netcode
second, people played Quake, but they didn't necessarily play 'Quake'

you had a shitzillion of Quake mods and custom modes, and the thing about those being custom is that any other game with mod support could support those same modes as well, which is why everyone eventually moved over to CS1.6 or UT or what else have you
knowing this, Quake means several different things to many different people, and when someone says to 'bring back Quake' they often talk about their favourite specific slice of it, which over the course of time has been Duel and CA and DeFRaG, because those are the few things that are actually unique to Quake and can't easily be replicated in other games, unlike [insert custom gamemode here]
remember that Team Fortress started as a Quake mod as well

many other people are talking about Quake as a modding platform, much like how CS:S/1.6 became more known for its custom modes than its vanilla gameplay
the question you should yourself be asking is this: what value could a new Quake game add as a modding platform, compared to other older games with both extensive modding support and a vibrant modding scene?
is it any surprise that Quake Live or CS:GO focused on its vanilla modes? what could a new boomer shooter in the style of Doom add that many Doom WADs haven't already?

Attached: 1649849350684.gif (235x150, 1.73M)

>2009
>got into my first actual relationship that ended a year later with a biblical heartbreak
Yeah no fuck off I don't want to relive that time again.

Grug, be up it 1,000,000BC

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 4.20.23 PM.png (1332x926, 1.53M)

Attached: 1619648116107.jpg (4809x2024, 1.69M)

Time really does heal all because I feel nothing towards breakups that felt life shattering ten years ago

goo goo ga ga

>Pre 2006 is old crap now
FUG

>the second jump attack
kek

It’s not, at least it’s not compared to the new and the arcades. You need to be underage to not know those games

I mean, I later realized that I dodged an artillery shell there, but some part of me is still bitter about HOW it ended. Yeah, we weren't made for each other, which is ok, but the way she treated me in the time before finally breaking up is something that still intrudes my thoughts from time to time.

2fast4them

It's kinda nuts to me that people think publishers are shoving woke shit in everything when it's almost always the devs doing it. Publishers are the ones who try and keep devs on track and not go to far because they know it hurts profit margins to have woke shit in games.
The shift came when american teaching and university went hard hard left in 2010 shifting their culture and thus accepted politics entirely. Then all their hirings are these hard left political activist art school grads and hard left ex journos who thought gamergate was about harrassing and making female journos commit suicide.
Basically what I'm saying is blame american game devs.

DO NOT REDEEM

what puzzles me is how Overwatch got the audience while QC didn't. i'm pretty sure guys who played Pharah, Zariya and Widowmaker would've gotten used to Qukae quickly

Attached: 1650698151992.png (397x485, 130.09K)

Time to play

Attached: 1515307922657.jpg (750x476, 37.57K)

I can assure you 99% of Overwatch players don't know what the fuck Quake is.

>we can never get those ugly ass beautiful graphics back

Attached: 400.png (882x758, 15.1K)

>It's kinda nuts to me that people think publishers are shoving woke shit in everything when it's almost always the devs doing it. Publishers are the ones who try and keep devs on track and not go to far because they know it hurts profit margins to have woke shit in games.
what kind of fucking parallel universe are you living in

Attached: 1642080116154.png (786x674, 295.61K)