Say what you want, this game was something special

Say what you want, this game was something special.

Attached: 1466798608902.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

But magic has gone.

There was nothing special about it really, gameplay sucked.

Name a game with better side quests

we still get daily witcher 3 shitpost threads, so yeah, you're right. I can't think of any game 7 years after its premiere that would spark so much anal devastation on Yea Forums as Witcher 3.

The gameplay was mediocre at best, but that is the case for Bethesda games as well. In this case it excelled in all the other departments (story, world building, atmosphere, art design, etc)

thats not witcher 1

>gameplay sucked.
Meh. Combat against monsters mostly sucked balls, combats against humans NPC was perfectly fine. It's really nothing to write home about, but compare to current wade of shit the industry feed us, it certainly wasn't noticeably worse than the rest. For instance, while it was a bit lackluster, it certainly wasn't below the average of modern AAA RPG and/or your run-of-the-mill third person action adventure with melee combat. Shit like Skyrim, AssCreed, Horizon Zero Dawn and all that crap probably all had worse gameplay than TW3, so I'd say its gameplay is at worse par for the course.

It's literally the best game ever made.

Top tier: gwent, sidequests, voice acting, dialogue, characters, sound design, music, graphics, setting/ambience/mood, monster designs, armor/weapon designs, exploration rewarded, and to top it all off it had an overall world and cities that felt real and alive, which is very rare for RPGs.

Not so great: The overall story was a bit meh a few times but otherwise good, repetitive combat, BamHam vision, some copy/pasted quests(mostly tracking related ones), copy/pasted POIs, sluggish movement(later fixed by patches).

Oh and it also had 2 huge DLCs that could rival most AAA games in terms of size, length and quality. The Witcher 3 is definitely one of the best RPGs in the last 15 years. Top 3 for sure, so that alone makes it special.

This game is by far the biggest ever treat for Polish players, in ways that nobody in the west will even notice. Much more so than TW1 or 2.
>Actually well researched depiction of Polish countryside. TW3 villages look just like something you can see in a heritage park here.
>Outside of the glamorized main cast, NPCs also look genuinely slav with meticulous detail.
>You can tell that Polish dub was actually the main focus. Extensive use of colloquial phrases, local jokes and manners of speaking, complete with ye olde profanities. I honestly don't know what the English version was like, but Polish is genuinely very well written.
>Quite a few references to literature like Dziady or Sir Twardowski, that people outside of Poland will never pick up.
I'd argue that it's the most quintessentially Polish game ever made. Despite being aimed at a global market, there's just so much stuff here that was only made by Poles, for Poles.

Attached: polandball.png (256x256, 1.39K)

Attached: 1623775105731.webm (924x518, 2.99M)

Happy for you Polebro. The Polish are legit. Love the polish shops over here in bongland

No, in fact it was extremely formulaic.
>Top tier: gwent
Stopped reading there, that shit broke the 4th wall hard.

>Sir Twardowski
It's just the Polish version of Faust, everyone knows that.

>Stopped reading there, that shit broke the 4th wall hard.
At least witcher games have a 4th wall instead of the usual stage play fair other games do. Like you cant break 4th wall in elden ring, theres no believable world to begin with.

>No, in fact it was extremely formulaic
wrong

this is exactly how i did that encounter

>and people say witcher combat is bad

>*whistle for magic horse*
>*autorun on road to quest marker*
>*toucan scan vision activates*
>"Mhhm... Giant slash marks all over the victim... A drowner™ gotta be..."
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follow nose*
>*guys in drowners™ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKIN' CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT ITS A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS, GET' EM"
>"shit, you stink"
>ALAALALALALALLAALALALA
>*set guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guy in half*
>"Mmhh... Bandits™ pretending to be drowners™, better tell the village head about it"
>"come on, Roach"
>*autorun back to the village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCKIN' CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DAT CONTRACT WESE PAID YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKIN CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as drowners ™, here's proofs" *show flipper*
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S DA REWARD THE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN FOR YA"
>"drowning in danger" complete
>AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received

it's funny because it's true

>trying to weaponize a soulful meme greentext for your argument

Attached: 1586992276238.jpg (261x41, 7.28K)

not really combat especially was ass from the start

You probably think ER is best game ever.

3 was very bastardized and dumbed down for the console audience

The swamp in witcher 1 is the worst area in the entire series

cope, it was the most accurate to the books of all the games, in fact it was basically made as fanservice for book fans

True, playing elden ring made me realise how good this game actually is

That would be Witcher 2.
Witcher 3 was a PC-first game.

I refuse to accept Cyberpunk was made by the same studio.
And no, not even talking about le bugs or performance on poorfag machines.
Witcher 3 was a good game at launch with all the content and polish ha in place, while Cyberpunk was yearly Ubishit, except it wasn't yearly Ubishit, it was in production for 8 years.
So everytime someone says
>It's actually so good, screw the journos!!!!1
I just can't help myself but pop a vein.
Those useful idiots are letting companies create worse products and sell them for more.
That being said, love Witcher 3, a really good game despite not being perfect in every regard.

The "soulful" pasta always had an argument behind it (namely that the game has shallow and repetitive ubisoft-tier gameplay that's only impressive to the normalfags it was designed for).

>That would be Witcher 2.
>Witcher 3 was a PC-first game.
Are you retarded? Witcher 2 didn't even get a console release until like 1 year after, meanwhile Witcher 3 was hugely graphically downgraded before release so the Xbox peasants are able to play it, and doesn't have a PS version.

*and Witcher 2 doesn't have a PS version

Played up to the bloody baron twice, went beyond it to skellige once. Does the game get good again? Im starting to think it peaked early and the graphics carried this game on release.

How to people tolerate Yennefer?
There's a reason all of Geralt's friends are happy when he breaks up with her, even Ciri doesn't really mind.

it literally never did. this argument can't ever be forced against Witcher 3 because it didn't have the repetitive contracts you claim it does.

Case 1: Jenny o' The Woods
>Talk to the ealdorman of Midcopse.
>Interrogate the witnesses.
>Search the nearby fields using your Witcher Senses.
>Use your Witcher Senses to determine what happened to the dragged body.
>Read the letter you found in the shallow grave.
>Ask the ealdorman about the lovers.
>Find the lovers' meeting spot.
>Burn Zula's letter and the dried blood from the knife.
>Kill the monster.
>Take a trophy from the monster.

Case 2: Mystery of the Byways murders
>Talk to the commander of the Nilfgaardian patrol.
>Find out what happened in Byways.
>Deal with the ghouls prowling the village.
>Find the surviving villagers.
Investigate further:
>Explore the village using your Witcher Senses.
>Follow the scent of blood using your Witcher Senses.
>Explore the tunnels under Byways using your Witcher Senses.
>Find and kill the ekimmara.
>Take a trophy from the ekimmara.
>Talk to Bytomir.
If Milan was talked to first:
>Report back to the Nilfgaardian patrol commander.

Case 3: In the Heart of the Woods
>If you found the contract notice first:
>Talk to Sven about the contract on the Woodland Spirit.
>Examine the tracks in the woods using your Witcher Senses and find out what's killing the villagers of Fayrlund.
>Learn more about the Woodland Spirit by reading the Bestiary.
>Talk to Harald about the leshen.
>Talk to Sven about the leshen.
Siding with Sven:
>Find the person marked by the leshen by using your Witcher Senses.
>Talk to Sven about Hilde.
>Destroy the leshen's totems.
>Find the leshen using your WSenses to follow the sounds it makes.
>Kill the leshen.
>Collect your trophy.
>Collect your reward from Sven.
Siding with Harald:
>Approach the altar.
>Kill the wolves.
>Collect the wolf hearts.
>Place the offerings on the altar.
>Collect your reward from Harald.

Witcher also referenced the historical Twardowski though. I doubt many people know about his mirrors outside of Poland.

Attached: download-1.jpg (231x218, 10.61K)

Meanwhile elden ring quests
>see a girl alone near a road
>she tells you to give a letter to her father at a castle
>go to castle
>r1, dodge roll, r1, dodge roll x 5000
>talk to father sitting alone at the castle
>he tells you to r1 + dodge roll some more so you r1 + dodge roll more
>then you talk to father and get a twig that allows you to lose your runes when you die as a reward

Name one game with good gameplay

Heres another banger of a quest
>see a guy hanging middle of nowhere, he tells you to dodge roll + r1 x 5000 a castle
>you do so and he gives you a reward

It was in production for like 2 years tho

Where is the ciri poster?

that's some good shit
player using actual in-game tools and upgrades and skills and advantageous positioning to overcome a hard encounter
witcher is like batman
it's all about the preparation

I am the in-house Witcher 3 bad, Witcher 1/Gothic good representative, but people who unironically think that Witcher 3 did nothing special or that the combat was bad are unsalvageable zoomers tastelets who doesn't like videogames. Even weaboo's and gacha's degenerates are better company than you. Stop posting until you have acquired some taste.

>fanservice = good

Also it wasn't. There is more to adaption than simply referencing shit through dialogue or text or whatever. Fanservice was part of the reasons Projekt red is failing as a company.

Attached: 1622494135187.jpg (341x411, 21.32K)

It's the best thing video game industry has ever produced. I'm still in awe at how perfect this game is. I can't wait for Witcher 4.

Attached: 20220322_100005.jpg (1920x1080, 464.97K)

blood and wine also lets you get retarded powerful on purpose

It's the best Bioware game of the decade

if only cyberpunk had this much soul

Fallout New Vegas but only in quest branching way

Who asked about Elden Ring?

isn't that because you also have to fight retard-strength monsters?

only game that made me cry at the end

Every troll quest was hilarious.

Main plot went shit after Baron but dlc are really solid

>top tier
>characters
Yeah I wish

Attached: 660b26a66a50f8b11e23d91af0014e9c.jpg (2048x1152, 309.6K)

>it was the most accurate to the books of all the games

They completely retcon White Frost so they could make this shitty ending with Ciri saving the world

Everyone praises the writing, but isn’t it ultimately “promised magical girl arrives to save the universe from evil apocalypse guys”?

Which usually all amounts to
>Go to place
>Batman vision
>Geralt describes the entire scene
>Do stuff
>Kill Monster
>Collect reward

They did him very dirty, in previous games he was a reasonable guy and not just your typical mustache villain

>contracts follow a general framework of taking them on, doing the contract and being rewarded
Mete some criticism that doesn't sound retarded, please.

I praise the writing because despite having a book's worth of dialogue W3 was the only game that didn't bore me to death or make me skip optional dialogue. it held my interest stiffly throughout. even if the main storyline went pretty generic towards the end.

DlC were, main plot....only in Bloody Baron qustline, the rest was ok at best.
Also they cut too much stuff (including characters) from previous games to be considered W3 as satisfying ending to trilogy

>it was the most accurate to the books of all the games, in fact it was basically made as fanservice for book fans
I remember that time when Avallac'h was a hero in the books. Also, I was tempted to take a shot every time some dipshit mentioned Vilgefortz, but I was afraid I'd die of alcohol poisoning. Bunch of retarded member berries.

>>AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
i have no idea who thought that was a good idea

If you did skip dialogue in w3 you might as well not play it.

It's the truth though. Most side quest and contracts amount to going to a place, talking to people and then using your witcher senses. The stories may be different, but the way you get there is always the same.

>turn on game
>play game
>turn off game
Everything can be distilled to redundancy.

Too bad they didn't use the same team for cyber tranny

I just restarted up a few days ago. At Novigrad now and about to put on the play (arguably the worst part for the length it plays out). Dipped into Skellige to do the Flesh Sale quest before it locked out but want to get to there already.

Yep, I can't believe there are people who skip not only side quests but also additional dialogues in main quest as well.

why even argue if you're gonna be this dishonest?

it's one of the most soulful things about 3. how can you hate it?

>dishonest
fanboys at it again

>playing ME2 and Witcher 3 at the same time
>I skip ME2 dialogue once I've read the subtitles
>I listen to the entirety of Witcher 3 dialogue despite seeing the subs
Can anyone explain this?

>r1, dodge roll bad
you have quite a big moveset (crouch attacks, roll attacks, jumping attacks...) which can be utilised. If you think the combat is boring you can use a different weapon and the game will play a lot more different.

And about the questing: i like the NPCs just sitting around in their ruined castles and shacks and that it's not: go to the yellow marker talk to farmer xy to collect the reward. Sometimes ER NPCs are hard to find though

W3's dialogue is pretty well written, has no filler and doesn't get obtuse, sleep-inducing or boring. A rare feat in video game dialogue.

He became the Stannis of the series. The parallels are downright uncanny. Brilliant military strategist who's sometimes harsh, but overall a reasonable and cool guy becomes some retarded dipshit who burns people at the stake for retarded reasons. At least he didn't burn a family member, but If he did have any at hand, I'm pretty sure the writers would have made him do it just to emphasize how evil he is.

To be fair, W3 has loads of unmarked quests itself too which function the same.

I'm the opposite. I never skip the dialogue in ME2, while I get bored to tears by TW3. The only good parts were the ones with your fellow Witchers like Letho, Eskel and Lambert. Makes me wish they actually played a bigger role in the story. Letho in particular.

CDPR went too "global" after Witcher 3, lost its polish roots so the slavic technosorcery stopped working

In witcher 3 there would be a farmer who fled a war and he had a shack near his farm. Some soldiers fleeing nearby battle would take shelter in there. Another farmer in a nearby village sends geralt to find his missing bro and he tracks him to said shack .

In ER a modeler made a shack, placed near a road the player will go trough and placed an npc there to talk to the player.

You're talking about the middle of a quest. I don't understand.

You only get the icon to talk to that dude if you go near him in the first place. It's not on the map from the off.