Just ordered this thing. anyone here got any experience with it? also controller thread...

just ordered this thing. anyone here got any experience with it? also controller thread, talk about why yours is the best etc.

Attached: 8bitdo-pro-2-wired-controller-xbox-1.jpg (1000x1000, 57.7K)

why this over a regular series x controller?

>Symmetrical Sticks
Also Retard

i don't like asymmetrical much

I dont recommend it after mine died about 4 months into its life span.

First it started burning through the battery pack and rechargeables in less than an hour. Contacted support and tried firmware updates and troubleshooting steps to no avail.

Whatever, I'll just play wired

Get Elden Ring, the left paddle starts to malfunction. Starts randomly triggering inputs.

Whatever I'll just unmap the paddle

Shortly after the left analog stick starts to malfunction. Cant walk or run without it stuttering and dropping the input. So imagine you are trying to walk in any 3d game and you stop walking every few seconds

Tried to recalibrate, tried updates. No luck

Tossed that shit in the trash and I'll never buy 8bitdo again.

I hope you have a better experience user, while it worked it was a fantastic controller

If it's anything like the other controllers. It's ok. Not the best but it's whatever.

Series X sucks fucking dick for $70. The spectra that I have beats the shit out of that battery powered piece of shit with horrible Dpad. And it's $40.

Attached: PowerA-Spectra-Infinity-Titelbild2.jpg (1170x705, 163.19K)

that dpad looks awful

I have a Dualshock 4 and a Switch Pro Controller and jerry-rigging them for non-Steam stuff with DS4Windows is annoying as af, especially for local multiplayer. Got the Xbox gamepass recently and it's a double pain in the ass now.
Am I being retarded and there's actually an easy way to configure these or do people just grab themselves Xbox controllers?

Attached: 1642956112877.jpg (3024x3248, 723.1K)

Tell me more about the spectra. Analog triggers? Are the buttons fit for action games such as mgr? Is it wired only? If so is the wire replaceable?

Finally, does it just werk or do I need to use an input mapping program for emulators and such?

dpad is the best part. click click

Never used the switch pro but the ds4 needs ds4w in order to function. Some emulators might pick it up but in general you need to run that program. Most pc players grab Xbox compatible controllers

Personal preference.
Why the fuck should I tell you anything you fags are gonna call me a shill anyways. Figure it out yourself. Walmart has a 90 day return policy. Amazon has a 30 day return policy. Buy one and go test it out.

Attached: 6472014_bd.jpg (1845x1628, 237.32K)

Never called you a shill. Holy shit you have problems kid get off the internet for a while

People swear by the programs and the wrappers but
I play on ton of emulators and old games so it's pointless. I REALLY hated the Xbox One controller.
I just bit the bullet and got a Series X and was pleasantly surprised. It works well, is very comfortable, and the dpad is way better than what Nintendo and Sony have been offering lately.

Attached: IMG_20210525_050853320.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

Face buttons are bad tough

i have the wireless version
love it
wish we could bind keyboard commands to the back buttons

Really? They feel fine to me.

Attached: IMG_20210604_204556616.jpg (4032x3024, 3.9M)

Any good wired controllers? Or is bluetooth my best bet, I mainly want to use it for racing games

Just use a wireless controller wired...

Attached: 947.jpg (1280x720, 116.29K)

hope so as well. been doin some shopping and so far, that was the only one that appealed to me

do all modern controllers have xbox drivers?
I bought a really cheap one 6-7 years ago and it didn't come with the drivers, has to use some weird program for it to work, really annoying.

I want one to replace my Xbone controller, hate the shoulder buttons.

Attached: 1451024016789.jpg (251x251, 34.31K)

Seems to be a bit of a build quality lottery. Some anons swear by it so there's a good chance you'll get some mileage from it.

I hate that honestly user, after a while the USB port on the controller gets worn out and I'd get constant disconnects. I even got a harness for my dual shock 4 but those dont always work on some games

Attached: 1616038352104.jpg (462x430, 34.63K)

No

>powerA
i've been wary of them ever since I got a wired xbox one controller, moving the left analog makes the right one drift and I had to fuck around for ages in steam controller setting to make elden ring pleasant to play.

Ds4 uses micro USB which is famously bad and poorly designed. If it has a USBC port you will get good mileage out of it. I know your pain, i went through many ds4 controllers

Regular old xbox controller for me, whatever the current one is. Having a nice bluetooth set up in your mobo is elite. Only complaint is a very small amount of games have issues with bluetooth + xbox controllers, weird niche issue.

Example: Yakuza 1 remaster your D-pad just won't register due to the controls being fucky wucky and you can't remap it. You have to like set up controller macros via a third party app to get it to work.

Just don't disconnect it?
Also, the only USB connections that the PS4 and older controllers used was shit. USB-C on newer controllers is very snug, tight, and durable.

Every series x controller I’ve used has had problems with the face buttons.
Dropped inputs, inputs registering twice, or buttons that just stop working.

I've been bumming a DS3 off of a buddy since my DS4 crapped out and have been dragging my heels on buying myself a replacement (for PC use).
I've been kinda curious about the DS5, since I've never been able to fuck with one and a DS4's are apparently only like 5 bucks cheaper than a DS5. They any good?

I still have my launch PS4 controller, its easy to replace the USB port and batteries on them but I agree, it is a pretty shit design.

8bitdo seems hit or miss desu

They get 3rd party controllers.
I recently got a king Kong 2 pro controller and aside from the issues it has its one of the best ones I've tried. Literally wireless and plug n play.

NEGATIVES
Lb and rb feel hollow if pressed from the top.

And I have this big issue with multiple inputs.

Going to return mine and get another one.

Positives?
Dpad, it's nice and tactile.
Triggers are amazing they feel like the Xbox SX triggers
Works on switch and PC and android

There's ALOT of shit that's good going for it..I can't explain it all. There's a manual explaining macros, sensitivity adjust, deadzone adjust, AIMING with gyro on PC.

But it's $70. And it's by a chink company.

I'll warm you again and again if you decide to get this. Test out the inputs on a software like html controller test. Test out everything. Because for $70 this shit shouldn't be happening.

Attached: 20220424_224426.jpg (2580x1452, 2.28M)

based electric green chads

Attached: controrra.png (1185x881, 2.28M)

How does the screenshot button work on wangblows? Can you set it up as a steam screenshot button or is it perma binder to windows' own internal screenshot tool?

Attached: 1650229855891.png (720x828, 1.37M)

Not sure about OP's, but its a 8bitdo so I assume its at least...okay? I mean, better than most knock off no names on Amazon anyway. Is there a reason you went for the Xbox version instead of the bluetooth/wireless Pro2?

Anyway, for controllers I generally say stick to the first party unless you're buying an ultra high end custom kit (and even then, many aren't worth it). All the suggestions I list below are for PC, but you can use just about all of them on consoles as well, with a Brook converter as necessary.

>Xbox
Either the Series X/S or the Elite S2. The Series X/X (aka gen4) is pretty much the new baseline for PC gamepad use to which all others are compared- it has been updated to support USB-C and other nice features. Make sure to get a wireless dongle (the "for windows 10" 2nd gen version is smaller and a bit better than the older flat receiver but the elder one is okay too), which supports multiple controllers+headset audio; you can get away with wired connection of course or Bluetooth, but the dongle is a bit simpler and isn't expensive. If you can afford it, the Elite S2 is easily one of the best controllers around - mine has been well worth it in build quality, included components/modular items, carrying case, and more. The only hardware downside to the Xbox is the lack of a gyroscope for motion use in titles that support it, but there is a Brook widget for the Elite S2 that can add gyro function; still, there's no reason MS should not have added it. Having default PC drivers and XInput makes it much easier to use on not just Windows, but Linux too!

Playstation - DualSense. If you want symmetrical on the high end, get a DualSense. Its haptics are on another level compared to anything else at the moment, has a gyro (and touchpad) but otherwise compares favorably to the Xbox controllers. The downside is the lack of drivers - you need to use DS4Windows and/or let Steam manage it (which it does well). Out of room...

This is why I mostly play dpad games with a fightstick these days. They are so durable and easy to fix if anything goes wrong. Wish we had something similar for thumbstick style games

Its just the fault of the charging port. Although I did have some ps4 controllers that started having thumbstick problems but thats to be expected of any controller after a while. They are just too brittle, all thumbstick

>dualsense
>400 hrs

>RGB on controller
Series x is litterally the best modern controller
The triggers are nice and solid, the dpad is like sex, and the texturing on the back feels great
Even when I'm not playing games, I'll just pick it up and just touch the controller. It just clicks with my monkey brain
Also USB C

Be careful that user is very angsty today.

Beats me. I don't use it. I just press printscreen on my keyboard when I wanna screenshot something.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 105.74K)

Best not that expensive controller to replace my Xbox One Controller?

>Is there a reason you went for the Xbox version instead of the bluetooth/wireless Pro2?
not really, this one just looks nice. i don't like the color scheme of the other models, plus i don't wanna deal with batteries or anything.

>Nintendo
Switch Pro. An asymmetric alternative to Xbox, the Switch Pro is preferred by some especially for emulation. It has gyro support, but does not have analog triggers so keep that in mind. Of course it also has no drivers for PC so you need DS4Windows, BetterJoy , or another open source up to date driver package much like the Playstation controllers. Alternately, Steam has built in driver support for it just like it does for DualSense (and can even do things like change button legends to Switch Pro or DualSense style from the normal Xbox style layout . I use mine when emulating Switch, WiiU and others.

If you mean that stick drift can show up after hundreds of hours of use , get a replacement if it happens. Much like with Nintendo JoyCons it doesn't happen to everyone and if it does, RMA it?

It was pretty easier to get an Xbox controller for 35$ during black friday

May as well add to this thread, but I just ordered pic related. Mainly for emulation on my phone, and to use a gamepad for my laptop (Im traveling alot).

Anyone have any good or bad experiences with this thing?

Attached: 51kW0id+QVL._SL1024_.jpg (1024x1024, 49.02K)

For me it's the Flydigi Apex 2

Attached: flydigi.webm (360x640, 1.81M)

Cant' say I've had good experiences with Razer in the past few years for their peripherals. I think you may be better off with another gamepad and then a cradle snap on thing (8bitdo and a fuckload of others make one. Steelseries etc) for your phone.

Should've just gotten a series x controller an a phone clip

Razer has terrible build quality

I had this abomination, and a few of my complaints were
>poor button response
>arm does not allow the phone to flush all the way back. Have to use the controller at an angle
>input bluetooth lag

The razer controller seems to fix all those issues. Also,

Attached: 3298f357-91b1-4c60-995d-d148d05cfa95_1.e8b9d3f5d012d4faaa658b9355ddbc9b.jpg (500x500, 61.45K)

Xbones are $50, cancel the order and get one of those instead.

Neato. Is it actually good? Or real?

oh, wow

Just use this niggas

Attached: Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg (3640x2020, 1.81M)

It's real and its the best you can get
The only downside is that the triggers are not analog

>the triggers are not analog
the fuck

Damn, so close.

>Also,
user?

Is that the original moga? I had that too. I didn't have a console for like 10 years and only played emulators on a smartphone. Gave it to my boomer friend and hes gotten dozens of hours playing Romance on it

Yeah, I think the core thing is not to buy a controller with a built in cradle/arm, but rather a stand alone one and then use it with your SeriesX / EliteS2, DualSense, Switch Pro, Steam Controller or whatever the fuck. That way you're not limited to shitty buttons or an arm that won't let you work with an angle you wish etc. Some get around bluetooth lag too (not that I've noticed it on Android with Citra emulation) in that they have cables and/or USB-C connectors for a hardwired approach if you wish. Basically, buy a cradle/arm for using it with you phone on its own merits, which will fit most standard controllers.

As long as you're not planning on playing racing games / MGS 2 & 3 with it you should be fine

Is the 8bitdo the only symmetrical Switch controller?
I want to get something symmetrical for my Switch and emulating old Nintendo games on PC.

>he doesn't emulate Tokyo Xtreme Racer 1 and 2 on sreamcast emulator
OH NO NO NO NO NO

yep thats exactly what a bing design would look like in my mind's eye

Can anyone suggest an actually good wired controller? A long time ago I used to buy those Rock Candy brand ones, and then some other similar brand with seethrough plastic after I couldn't find Rock Candies, but the build qualities went to absolutely complete shit. Like bumper/R1 starting to die by the end of a Dark Souls playthrough. So I started buying bluetooth controllers but I hate having to keep these pieces of shit charged or having the schizo excuse of increased input lag.

Racing games are actually a pretty big part of what I play with a controller so no analog triggers is a bummer. I feel like a lot of GameCube games also make use of analog triggers but the only one I can think of right now is Mario Sunshine.

from what i've seen, pretty much