What an absolutely amazing game. Why don't we get vidya like this anymore?

What an absolutely amazing game. Why don't we get vidya like this anymore?

Attached: 67783-dead-rising-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg (800x1138, 182.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUxJpDtg0Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=KXH5G_bqrlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was just thinking about Jessica's boobs. What a crazy coincidence OP

Too expensive for AAA titles to be experimental. Also the time limit, difficulty and the idea that you're supposed to improvise weaponry rather than bring the same upgraded weapon to everything filtered everybody.

I would like to see more games where time just keeps moving forward regardless of what the player's doing.
It feels like the missing ingredient from a lot of immersive sims, you can set up a living, breathing world then have some large event occur that throws it all into complete chaos, with you as just a speck trying to survive through it.

>Too expensive for AAA titles to be experimental.
Wouldn't know it with them shoving wokeshit that's demonstrably unpopular into everything. It's more like the entertainment world is trapped in a false meta.
>filtered everybody
It's still a beloved game that did well commercially.

western devs too woke to make good games anymore

Dead rising 1 and 2 and some other particular games are still the only true next gen games that couldn't be made on previous generation, a lot o interative objetives, almost all stores have interior and the full map is explorable. No game since them have made a effort tho utilize the hadware power to complement gameplay

>Game development used to be a good mix of low budget, AA, and AAA games
>With more variation on both ends
>Now we just have indies and safe af AAA games

Game studios and publishers are too busy trying to satisfy share holders and looking at market research to make anything interesting anymore.

Attached: 1650049108039.jpg (640x480, 48.21K)

To be fair some indie titles are amazing

This but unironically.

Attached: Indiegames10s.jpg (3264x3264, 3.54M)

Dead Rising 1 ran like shit on the 360, what are you talking about?

Dead Rising is a AAA game

Good thing I'm playing on a Series X.

Attached: Philspencerxbox.jpg (800x634, 67.34K)

Imagone how it would have run on the 180

>takes a picture of her tits
>Frank: "FANTASTIC"
>He has blood on his face to replicate a nose bleed
They just don't make games with soul anymore

I wish they would do a remake of dead rising 1 but fix the a.i. of survivors and psychos. Would also love if they expanded how the game progresses. For example the military should ALWAYS come on the 3rd day even if you fuck up the story in some capacity

>For example the military should ALWAYS come on the 3rd day even if you fuck up the story in some capacity
they don't? it's been years, so i guess i forgot. sucks that they don't given their appearance occurs without any information from the internal going ons in the mall itself and Carlito's plans

There's nothing to fix. Git gud.

I wish devs still cared about attention to detail

I just picked up the ports of 1 thru Off the Record on PC because I'm too lazy to unpack and plug in my old Xbox, I'm at the end of overtime on the first and despite being biased I am I really was blown away at how acceptable the graphics and gameplay still are (barring the terrible survivor AI and needing to be comfortable with old RE controls to enjoy the gunplay), especially being reminded it's like 15+ years old. And it's extremely clunky but the diversity of everything packed into this game for the hardware at the time is great. While it does no one thing great, it does a lot of things (zombie hordes, detailed map where almost every item is a unique weapon, vehicles, etc). Despite the cheese and clunkyness it had a level of ambition and uniqueness and you don't see in normal titles, a lot of modern games would rather rehash what already exists and sells in the genre

the devs understood their own game and were allowed to make it. they weren't being told by a team of soiboy marketing types to make it whackier so it'd go viral and appeal to reddit, or that a time limit would limit their audience too much to be viable. they managed to take that 5 minute sequence from the end of dawn of the dead where the bikers are throwing pies at zombies, spraying seltzer, and playing with the blood-pressure machine, and capture the fun while giving it substance and challenge.

wats the middle game

Kentucky Route Zero

what are the middle two that aren't noita?

Outer Wilds and Kentucky Route Zero

They are, but there are limits to what indies can produce in terms of scale. There's a reason why you don't see a ton of indie rpgs, at least in the style of like bethesda games or gothic of whatever. It's not because there's no demand for it or it's too hard to make, it's because games like that need a lot of manhours to be made. But at the same time studios big enough to make them will rarely do so because they can just make another ubisoft sandbox or movie game with less effort and less risk.

Remove that faggot shit outer wilds and I'd agree.

It's the best game in that image

>What is Dustforce

Attached: Dustforce Apartments.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

When it came out too many people were bitching about the time limit.

You're proving point.

>Zoomers
>People
Pick one. The time limit is one of the best parts of the game.

The most insane thing about Dead Rising, and what really keeps it timeless, was that the devs worked really hard to actually make it a game and not a dumb sandbox survival "game". Anyone who remembers the mid-2000s internet well might also remember the thousands of threads of people clamouring for some kind of open world zombie survival game, it's a market insanely oversaturated now but (except for a few crusty indie games like SCZ) it was completely untapped back then. The fact that Capcom totally ignored the mewling masses and made it hard-focused on the time limit and completing missions instead of being freeroam was a miracle honestly.

Attached: c4f.jpg (850x1047, 101.23K)

>when it came out
>zoomers

Attached: 1536990907586.jpg (997x995, 203.57K)

Except the game is freeroam if you don't give a shit about the missions so it works for everyone

>faggots like this are no longer underage

callate poncho

Zoomer is a state of mind. Anyone who doesn't understand and or appreciate the way that the game is carefully built around the timer and replayability is mentally a zoomer even if they were born in 1940. Dead Rising makes me wish more games would utilize a timer in some way.

Call it cope, but the bad survivor AI works in the games favor. The ledge before the safe house entrance that is nearly impossible to get large groups of survivor on is bad design though.

Stop calling it 'bad'. It's purposefully like that and it does indeed work in favor of the game.

DR1 >>>> DR2

Zoomers were like five or six when Dead Rising came out dude.

Is this game the ultimate pleb filter?

Yes

Off the Record > 1 > 2 >>> 3 >>>>> 4

Attached: TFWint.jpg (3300x1600, 1.04M)

lol zoomzoom back peddling hard after looking like an a**.

1>otr>2>case west>3>>>>>>

Do we want Dead Rising 5 or did 4 kill any good will the series had left?

the damage to the series has been done. capcom doesn't understand what made the first dead rising good

modern capcom is too fucking retarded to make something like dr1 or 2 again

One thing I'm still wondering to this day is how they managed to put so many zombies in a single place (with collision and all) and not make your console explode

Attached: hmmm.jpg (393x360, 20.7K)

>a.i. of survivors and psychos
the ai is actually fine, the pathfinding is the issue, it's so terrible it hangs everything up.

>the military should ALWAYS come on the 3rd day
this is probably a result of things that were cut over time from when the game was 10 days long and had more cause/effect based on player progression. Personally i'm fine with them not showing up.

With interactable props all over the map too. It's crazy

>capcom doesn't understand what made the first dead rising good
I think if it were made inhouse it'd be good again, what made the franchise go to shit was outsourcing it to western devs who actually listened to the retards that whined about the time limit.

2 was great, though.

2 despite being outsourced still had Inafune closely working on it. Once he left they really started to pander to the people who wanted GTA with zombies.

Anoos crapcom game.

Any way to turn off the camera shake?

>GTA with zombies.
If 3 and 4 were this, they would've honestly been a lot better. I'm not kidding when I saw 4 is one of the most bafflingly bad AAA games I've played and I don't mean bad in the 'I didn't like it, so it's bad' kind of way, I mean it in the 'what in the actual fuck were they thinking' way.
youtube.com/watch?v=UUxJpDtg0Bs

to be fair, that is mostly on Blue Castle Games( Capcom Vancouver) and to a lesser extent Microsoft. Capcom letting Inafune outsourcing the series, and not reverting back after he was gone is asinine, but they also prevented 4 from being some TLOU clone(not that it stopped 4 from being complete garbage).

What's the bottom right corner?

Dustforce

Attached: Dustforce Observatory.webm (1280x684, 2.11M)

Thanks

Cheers
youtube.com/watch?v=KXH5G_bqrlc