Why is this STILL the best indie game?

Why is this STILL the best indie game?

Attached: fdc449897f24648b26e88a0c6292ba47.png (400x300, 2.75K)

I liked Shovel Knight, but Cave Story is a much better game

outer wilds
terraria
factorio
rimworld

cute robot girl with nice hair, big booby, cute tummy and hardwired motherly instincts

I dropped it at the part with 3 consecutive bosses, should I finish it?

Attached: A Short Hike.png (1080x420, 66.26K)

this game was pretty good but it’s still not epic battle fantasy 4.

Attached: 844C04C6-B0B8-49B0-8853-71B9299086B5.jpg (541x651, 111.58K)

it's still my dream to this day to create a game of this caliber. i am doomed to fail

>indie
independent.

light worldbuilding, light lore, light plot, modest difficulty, modest variety, easy on the eyes, fun to play, etc.

This could've been one

Attached: 1647523536138.png (340x255, 69.96K)

it's overall a very pleasant experience. It's like tiny fancy food.

I should disable this extension you all just post disgusting shit

What's wrong with his nose?

This is the Cave Story thread, not the autism simulators thread.

Top tier chiptunes. Having a hard time thinking of more memorable soundtracks.

IMO it was the one that showed that indie games could reach the same level of quality, popularity and influence that studio backed games at the time did.

>ever installing it at all
if you're too much of a coward to post your shit normally you don't deserve my attention

Underside, right? Or something like that? That was such a shameless ripoff. Is that the same game that for some reason included the character from that old ass Zybourne Clock 'game?'

???

you install it so you don't accidentally save and repost the other fuckers' edited images

Senior game design student here about to graduate. Just wanted to let you know that most of us consider this game to be a joke in the more elite gaming circles.

there's nothing in the images

It's not, but I still love it. Looking up a walkthrough after finishing it and learning that I could have saved a bunch of characters made me feel really guilty. It was the effect that spec ops the line tried to achieve except that game utterly failed at it for me. Some nip in 2004 managed to succeed at it though.

how does it feel that literally who's are selling more vidya than 99% of the frauds in your school?

Don't take the bait 3 posts above, please and thank you

0/10

how does it feel falling for years old copypasta

I started posting here in like 2010 and I still feel like a newfag, help me

lurk moar

lurk more

it works off metadata which is included

It took Pixel 5 years to make CS and he had no musical knowledge or art experience at the start. There's probably 6 previous versions of CS we never saw that were shit in different ways. It's one salaryman's autistic hobby that he slaved over with every free moment, not some halfassed shit from a bunch of California hipsters who spend most of the day on reddit complaining about how difficult game dev is.

I started in 2017 and feel like an oldfag. Somebody stop me

Attached: 1519518545115.jpg (213x229, 8.81K)

just change the filename retard

/thread

It's been 8 years since Kero Blaster. When is the next Pixel game?

Attached: 1645281604466.webm (600x400, 485.01K)

Why aren't there any westerners with that kind of passion for game design

>outer wilds
not indie
>terraria
bloated with mediocre, repetitive combat
>factorio
this might be a contender
>rimworld
good but not on the same level of artistry.

What extension?

jannies finally caught on
it's in a /trash/ thread, I'm not gonna say anything extra

Nicalis money made him a neet and he can't finish a game

Attached: 1632008798557.png (1920x1080, 27.1K)

Westerners want to be recognized; art is an act of self-expression. Easterners want to display technical mastery, art is an act of human achievement.

When a westerner isn't recognized, he withdraws and looks elsewhere for validation and self-expression. When an easterner isn't recognized, he doubles down to display his seriousness.

One decade

Attached: owlboy.jpg (616x353, 137.59K)

Good observation. I hope the latter mindset becomes more popular in the west.

There's plenty, like the guy who made Stardew Valley all on his own. He worked a shitty part-time job and spent 12 hours a day developing it for like four years.

This was just a ploy to get me to expose myself to the /trash/ catalog wasn't it

no, it's in one of the threads
you need to look for it though, if I say any more I'll cop a ban
Jannies 404 any thread that links to it

I don't believe you

>Easterners want to display technical mastery
it's neither sufficient nor necessary for a game to be good. a game came demonstrate technical skill and still be a boring, unoriginal basedgame for redditors

holy shit how much shit taste can one man have?

Your answers to them?

Based seer

Attached: 0ce0baa39cdcfed01be9eea1309d252e.jpg (369x98, 12.53K)

>The creator wasn't and egotistical douche
>Used pixel art before it was "cool"
>fun

It isn't.
The greatest indie game of all time is Minecraft, and the one I've had the most fun with would probably be Super Mario Brothers X.

There are, you're just not paying attention because you're retarded.

>game desing student
i know whos the joke lmfao

Name some.

Attached: 297b09ea19f790a41bbe3db0f102e507.jpg (365x400, 13.61K)

They exist, but in the tabletop sphere making board games, card games, RPGs, etc.

Attached: 1622765445003.png (1200x801, 1.04M)

op said it already, also i save terraria from that list, is good game

There are quite a few of them. The difference is more cultures. Lot of westerners tend to put their foot in their mouth. I'm sure the opposite is true too, but its less likely people will hear about it when they don't speak the same language.

you tell me

Attached: cc8dd7e94ba95ccebdceb67bb2b4ae41.jpg (2000x1500, 243.67K)