The worst game you bought for full price?

Dumb kid me expected this to be like Yoshi's Island 2

Attached: Yoshi_Universal_Gravitation_Germany_box.jpg (1473x1484, 871.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3oa9z8V8fWg
youtu.be/uTF_RnW2vjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 175891873190879102.png (900x1200, 1.48M)

>Oh shit, this looks like Castlevania! I bet it'll be great!

Attached: gb_bram_stokers_dracula_p_zq9on7[1].jpg (640x637, 58.58K)

Sonic Adventure DX.
I already had it on dreamcast. Not sure why i bought it on gc. I remember hating how streched out and skinny sonic etc looked.

Was that even full price?

It's not Castlevania, but in terms of gameplay it seems to me more enjoyable than GB Castlevania games. Although I have not played any of these
youtu.be/3oa9z8V8fWg

What the fuck? I have never heard of this and I thought I had emulated like every fucking GBA game there is in my teens.

FUCK THIS GAME FUCK THIS GAME FUCK THIS GAME

Attached: sorip20f.jpg (640x921, 280.01K)

It's same as this

Attached: Yoshi_Topsy-Turvy_-_2005_-_Nintendo.jpg (1077x1080, 182.07K)

>Yoshi's Universal Gravitation
What the fuck Europe?

Attached: 1647463311014.png (626x656, 111.46K)

I found out in the meantime but I haven't ever heard of this either

one case where NA naming actually makes more sense

MOM CAN I GET YOSHI'S UNIVERSAL GRAVITATION

Young me thought it would be awesome after playing one of the Final Fantasy games.
Thank god I got it used at a lowish price.

Attached: Drakkhen.jpg (1280x720, 187.12K)

>preschool vocabulary makes more sense to Americans

what went wrong

Attached: 51G00S3DJXL._AC_.jpg (353x500, 26.44K)

Unironically filtered

I had no idea this game even existed and now the number of "Yoshi's Island sequels that are fucking trash" went up by one.

Words too hard for you?

Attached: FE.jpg (522x477, 62.87K)

>game aimed at 5 year olds
yes, preschool language makes sense for a game aimed at preschoolers, dipshit

arcade devs inexperienced with this kind of thing forced to create a sequel to a popular game

At least that's a full game

Attached: yoshi.jpg (256x230, 30.62K)

Zero Gravity > Riders

Single handedly killed my interest in FF

Attached: logo_ff13_en-8d1618f81ddac2500f5e245293ce0f7864233e88eb505d0468828fb8703136f5.png (706x520, 258.63K)

>begged my parents to spend £39.99 on pic related
>only game they ever bought me for full price
>no memory card
Probably my first exposure to a game being broken and not fun, it taught me the valuable lessons that nice colours + cool music do not save bad gameplay and that cool cover does not equal good game.
Played Ow the Edge at a cousins house when that came out and it convinced me that Sonic games aren't worth the price admission.
That same cousin went on to buy Sonic 06 at launch for PS3.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (313x400, 36.07K)

Big brain name

Attached: 1499715478613.png (453x466, 63.63K)

>When Yoshi just became "kirby but worse"

Attached: MGSV PS4 Boxart.png (1519x1904, 3.73M)

2004/2005 DS had some really low effort games

Attached: Pokémon_Dash_Coverart.png (335x298, 211.94K)

Honestly, if it weren't a metal gear game I would be a bit more forgiving of it.

The mechanics are great, but the level design is shit and the story is just a massive fucking disappointment.

If you stripped the Metal Gear branding you'd have a fun stealth game that just didn't need to be open world

Why did you have to remind me. I even bought the whole console bundle for that game

Attached: playstation-4-console-500gb-metal-gear-solid-5-phantom-pain-limited-edition-bundle-red (1).jpg (800x633, 85.55K)

I want to FUCK whatever that thing in the green is

not him but
>a racing game where it's possible to run out of gas
>if you run out of gas even once the race is already lost
>flying and power characters are just shit compared to speed characters

I paid nothing for base RimWorld and it was a waste of money.
Mods, much like with Starbound, turned it from a lump of sweaty nuts into a platinum experience.

It looks even worse than I remembered. It just hurts my eyes and ears
youtu.be/uTF_RnW2vjM

Attached: 1535465340058.gif (480x328, 1.35M)

Metroid
Fucking
Dread

Attached: 1648137619397.png (250x202, 54.5K)

Just Cause 3 probably.
It's not that bad, I just rarely buy games full price. And I think that game cost like 45 at launch.

Aside from some indie games where "the full price" is 15 bucks the last game I bought for full price was Civ6 back in 2016. Before that it was gta5.

Dragonball Z Taiketsu. It will never be topped, as it's the worst game I've ever played in my life, and I do research on any game I'm going to buy these days.

Attached: 1614421619694.gif (185x211, 542.29K)

I have 700 hours in vanilla Rimworld and I have zero desire to ruin it with shitty mods from autists with no vision.

"wow I can fit infinite items in one tile, hire colonists with catgirl ears and introduce 80 different variables to gunshot accuracy! sure makes the game better!" fuck I hate autistic people

>dumb retarded protagonist
>you don't get to control the cool characters just the twat
>game literally plays itself (autobattles)
>single player gacha
>cringe anime tropes from the 00s
Thank god it's easy to sell physical games

Attached: 901892101644481023.jpg (280x420, 56.16K)

Perfect embodiment every shitty empty open world meme except maybe ubisoft towers.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-XV---PlayStation-4.jpg (768x768, 89.6K)

filtered

Pokemon Sun was a masterclass in how to make a region that's zero fun to play. Can't even sell the cart because they made a "better" version a year later

Bro what the fuck was this game? Was it delivered as a Demo???? LMAO.

And combat feels like shit too. Horrible game.

Literal tech demo for the DS' Touchscreen just like Pokemon Dash and a few others.

>spent my christmas money on this and pokemon ranger 1
holy shit i felt cheated. Ranger could have been good but instead the game's just plain bullshit in all the worst ways.

MGSV was a time-release hate, take away the MGS wallpaper, memes and the posting atmosphere at the time, and it's just another empty Japanese aping of open-world shit that was popular at the time. It also didn't help that the perfect demo set the stage for a game that we weren't getting

Joost is also a wholly-average sticc that you fucks only like because she has a marginal interest in anime/games, which translates to "Surely she would talk to me about One Piece and be whisked away by my charm!"

Attached: 1446109892278.jpg (768x576, 74.76K)

topsy-turvy is a much less common word than universal and gravitation

its much more appropriate title for a yoshi game, even with a cultural difference

>he never played Yoshi's Organic Fibre Fracas

Let me guess, you got lost.

It also didn't help with the Konami drama AND what happened to Silent Hills that MGSV was being brutalized for being "a false game", even more that its lasting legacy is that Caramell is still posting about how "the real MGSV and Silent Hills" are gonna pop out of thin air as part of some never-ending ruse cruise from Kojima any day now.

You know, you can just say you've never played the game.

Is this Tilt and Tumble in English?

Attached: pitfall_wii.png (1024x680, 1.16M)

fallout 4 vr

Tell me just one thing I say that isn't true fuckface
Rex is not retarded? "I'll teach them a thing or three!" He said the millionth time!
Can you control the blades? No! They just stand around extending their hands like idiots!
There aren't autobattles? Look! I just let go of the controller and the game is still going!
Doesn't have cringe anime tropes? "Rex touch my boobs" lmao
Stop defending crap

topsy-turvy

Not only I have never payed for a game full price, but I also never regretted making a purchase. Probably because I always I do a lot of research before buying anything.

Attached: 1650849076990.jpg (499x306, 27.84K)

Castlevania The Adventure is bad, Legends is meh and Belmont's Revenge is a strong contender for best game in the platform.

I remember getting some sort of skateboarding game for, I believe, GBA. I opened it waiting for the bus home from Toys-R-Us and was so disappointed before the bus even arrived, that I convinced my mom to go back inside to try to return it. I think they tried saying it was against policy to accept returns on opened games, but eventually did let us exchange it.

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

Why did you do it, did the cover not set off any warning bells

Attached: UltraTrash.jpg (312x445, 42.47K)

Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition

I'll have to try it sometime

Attached: 1644261036166.jpg (1200x900, 79.55K)

Burnout legends on the DS

Okay let's go through
>dumb retarded protagonist
Rex can hold a job which is more than you can say.
>you don't get to control the cool characters just the twat
You can play as every character on the team
Nia
Tora
Zeke
Morag
You simply have to swap them out.
>game literally plays itself (autobattles)
Auto attacks are useless for dealing damage unless you're in the late game and used the custom difficulty to raise your damage.
They're main use is to charge your arts, the quickest way to do that is to cancel your auto attack by moving and once your arts are charged you can actually start doing damage in a way that won't result in your immediate death.
>single player gacha
No in game currency was spent and thus no gacha elements. There are two defining features of gacha, the rng and the monetary value and that goes for the actual capsule toys too.
>cringe anime tropes from the 00s
Also false. Almost all of the anime clichés come frome 70s to 80s series and the rest are 90s.

If you're going to criticise something at least make sure you know what you're talking about user.

Why the fuck did you buy that? Even hardcore Nintendo fans were shitting on it.

>Can you control the blades?
Yes, play Torna.

I'm still mad almost a decade later.

Attached: fe264dded3eaff218eec0176afde2232.jpg (267x400, 62.07K)

I tend to hear people defend Sonic Heroes nowadays, but I also hated it as a kid. It's just not an interesting enough follow up to Adventure 2.

The GBA era unironically makes me nauseous nowadays. Between the horribly bitcrushed audio/speech and the neon bright color palettes it makes me want to throw up. I refuse to go back and play any of the games nowadays, even the ones that are good.

If he bought it at release...then he probably was one of those anons shitting on it.

>Defending shit

People were shitting on it before it released because of how little features it had compared to every other game.

I sold this game for $90 and I still feel ripped off. Got all the way to the credits, hoping there would be anything positive and the one cool thing the game had was "LOL REMEMBER THE FIRST GAME" fuckin dumpster fire.

No argument as expected.

This was the game that made me start pirating.