For me, it's Digimon World 3

For me, it's Digimon World 3.

Attached: 1636505636828.gif (639x480, 295.19K)

For me, It's Nokia's panties

I hated waiting for this intro every time since I was too retarded to get far into the game as a kid I just kept making new saves

Why don't more games try to look like this. Instead of trying to rip-off Pokémon

For me it's Renamon

Attached: 1636797492308.png (393x450, 9.03K)

Because isometric art is shite.

>t. zoom zoom

I could get behind the game if the gameplay wasn’t crap.

>Make a high budget Digimon game
>Also make it as grindy and repetitive as possible
What were they thinking?

Digital monsters

For me its Yu's Panties

Attached: hlnn7t2grqc01.png (1024x731, 552.36K)

This, great graphics, big expansive world, music, everything is amazing, characters, this is the most vibrant and digimon *world* ever, felt alive.
But the gameplay holy kek, literally spam 1 attack forever
Wtf

game had so much potential but sucked ass.

I've had sex.
For me it's Digimon World 2.

This game, and 2, are tragic. So much effort put into the atmosphere and the OST and then the gameplay boils down to pressing the X button a handful of times every 30 seconds. Tolerable only with an emulator. Even as a kid with all the time in the world I couldn't be fucked to sit through these battle systems.

This game had so much soul, amazing art direction and world building, too bad for how it looked during combat, if it was liek Breath of Fire 3/4 it would be absurdly majestic

These are the people that made 4. don't question it.

The battle system sucked ass, very slow and repetitive, everything else felt so fucking good

Digimon has always been such a weird franchise that always gets 8/10 things right but the 2 things it misses turn out to be crucial

4 oh boy now that was a terrible game
I traded my mint condition Resi4 for World 4 thinking it was anything like 3 and nope
They fucked me in the ass

>no way to fast travel
>Drillmon and Submarimon sections look too similar and are hella repetitive
>too much backtracking which results in looking at a few corners of old areas until you find what you're looking for
>reused Digimon World 2 music
>no good map to help you figure out how to navigate different areas and figure out what underground spots link to what
>grinding is basically essential if you don't want to die early game
Still better than DW2 though.

I've been playing World 2.
It's not a good game, but there's still something appealing about it. I like how substantial my upgrades feel, either to my team or to my beetle. I like how hostile the game feels and how I'm finally wrangling a game that felt so impossible as a kid.
Nobody should play this shit without an emulator on at least 300% speed but going back has been a more interesting experience than expected.

Attached: world2.jpg (1076x1034, 329.42K)

>rips off megaman bn instead
wow much better

It needed World 1 Gameplay to be Kino. And the pet system for the 3 monsters following you. I loved the sprite work.

This art predates BN though?

really? release date says 2002

I don't get why they haven't remastered the early digimon games. Just give this lower encounter rate and animation fast forward

World 3 is simply amazing. Nice prerendered world, boss fights, ost, soulful leomon training. Fishing and kicking trees to collect cards from card monster to play card mini game, Digi eggs for sea and underground traveling. Other alternative world and army turning people into pigs. Can't think of more soul.

dont forget all the backtracking to get to npcs you have no way of knowing where they are

how would you make a good digimon game?
just a digimon game with pokemon gameplay?
another digimon world 1?
share your ideas

Attached: 1616975460421.gif (161x168, 377.2K)

>8lue Card

Bump

>Recently I have been watching a lot of videos about digimon lore
Holy shit, this makes pokemon lore look like a preschool show episode.

Attached: 1650666361281.png (900x900, 497.98K)

Make another Cybersleuth type game with all hot anime girls. I guess digimon can be there too.

I don't know if I would just make another attempt at a World 1 type game but I definitely would try to enhance a digimon V-pet into a full video game. Digimon is a V-pet franchise at its core and only by focusing on that can it be good.

Okay? Isometric art still predates MMBN

Playing DW2 a couple years back was one of my favorite recent gaming experiences
Got home from uni, had a 4 day long weekend, I started playing it on wednesday night and finished it on sunday, felt really good
The game is flawed and speedup is really necessary, but building up your team and finally reaching ultimate and mega after spending 50 hours with only champions is so fucking satisfying

H

The encounter rates and backtracking were pure cancer.

It might be interesting to try a JRPG that focuses more on the bond with one monster, and have that monster be a character more than a tool. Something always special about the anime was that each partner digimon was a character and a best friend rather than an animal. Even in World 1, you had one digimon you cared for and journeyed with and thus felt more like a living creature more than any Pokemon ever has. I think it's odd that most games involve throwing them around like a means to an end or fusing them like you're playing SMT. Even World-style sequels haven't explored this aspect much further.

It's SAO without the horribly written parts and the NTR.

I have a ton of nostalgia for this game, but let's not kid ourselves, it's a grind riddled mess, with very little variety and long, repetitve battle animations that can't be skipped. It still holds a special place in my heart though.

Attached: PSOGL2_002.png (800x600, 511.54K)

Good looking game (outside battles), but it was digishit.

How many Digimon games are out there?

Why?

2 is also fantastic

Focus on world and exploration. DW1 and DW3 excelled at this uniquely. Would prefer unique raising similar to 1, but combat needs a revamp regardless of turn based or real time.

>another Cybersleuth
kill yourself

Digimon Next Order is the perfect Digimon game, for me.

Prease undelstand, habu numbah one

30+

There are loads, but I can name at least.

>Digimon: Cyber Slut
>Digimon: Hacker Memory
>Digimon World 1, 2, 3, 4
>Digimon DS World
>Digimon DS World: New Dawn
>Digimon World Next Order
>Digimon Racing
>Digimon Manifest Destiny 1 & 2
>Digimon Battle Arena 1 & 2
>Digimon Trading Card Game (There are a few but I can't remember)

A sequel to the card game.

Digimon World 2 but good.

BN games were good mostly

Attached: satan.jpg (720x900, 43.54K)

Literally made the second half of Hacker's Memory unbearable. Why would we even give a shit about that useless whiny shit when he's barely in the fucking game till that point?

Be more respectful of the game that saved your franchise.

An action rpg where you play AS the digimon, you start with 4 baby digimon of your choice (2 extras you get later on) and then you branch out from there, unfortunately the story would have to be a bit more simple but who cares, simple and sweet is always better, plus there would be more to do when interacting with the members of your party. Basically make DW4 but trying to not fuck it up this time

Attached: 395f3829defd9d48c3662cfdcba016b3.jpg (1098x1128, 304.89K)

Digimon should have died if a low effort persona clone managed to "save" it

>DON'T FORGET
>YOU'RE HIME FOREVER

>low effort persona clone
?

so Mystery Dungeon clone?

You can't tell me they aren't aiming for the same audience.

I was thinking more of an actual arpg, but yeah pretty much

>3 has great music and atmosphere
>cannot enjoy them because they game has to run at 200x to be tolerable

A FF1 clone

He thinks persona invented slightly dark scenarios and turn based games where you can see the turn order

Giving Digimon the ability to text was a mistake.

Attached: 6.jpg (1981x291, 107.31K)

How many virgins got destroyed by this one message alone?

Attached: 1637065627063.png (600x900, 537.21K)

Aiming for the same audience, sure. But clone?

Thanks for translating the retard for me, user.

I see autist comparing cybersleuth and HM to smt and persona all the time. So because those digimon games have the same or similar uis, and because persona niggers don't know anime did their stories eons ago they complain about digimon = bad because they can't into a bigger meta. My favorite is when they say you don't have to use weaknesses and then they'll use a guide and just spam the piercing meta mons

Popularized not invented. Either way, I don't want Digimon to become a copy of another franchise and get rid of all things that made it Digimon to appeal to people that aren't me.
I'm going to be honest, I never played persona so I can't say if it's a clone. But I don't care, I hate that game a lot so I want to and am going to say bad things about it. I hated every second I played of it and I gave it multiple chances to get good and I stayed at the same level of boredom all the way through.