Now that Elden Ring has been out for 2 months, what's your honest opinion on it?

Now that Elden Ring has been out for 2 months, what's your honest opinion on it?

Attached: elden-ring-limgrave-vista.jpg (1920x1080, 196.93K)

Good. Not as good as Dark Souls 1.

I think we're at the point where video games look better than reality, I wish there were real places on Earth that looked like that, I'd actually go outside more.

DS1 is a classic at this point, hard to beat it especially if it was your first experience with Fromsoft games.

It's great, looking forward to the ray tracing update.

It's so good that it has ruined other video games for me. I've dropped like 4 games since playing it and I'm just desperately trying to fill the void. Should I just play it again?

>Now that Elden Ring has been out for 2 months, what's your honest opinion on it?
10/10 game until you get to a boss fog, then it's only a 7.5/10.

the core fights are good, the reused world bosses are shit. everything balanced around the horse is shit. ulcerated tree sprit was cut from DaS 3 for a reason.

love it. playing ng+ steamrolling shit that gave me trouble first run. trying to figure out rogiers quest so he doesnt die.

The most interesting world to explore in any of the souls games by far.

None of the bosses are even half as good as the Champ. I like the world though, it's very pretty. Even enjoyed most of the copy paste dungeons because the loot is at least varied and there's quite a few of them with a small gimmick to differentiate them from the rest.

Let me open my fucking minimap. I don't give a fuck about you not wanting me to fast travel, just grey those points out. But let me at least open the goddamn map

Really good but I've kinda forgotten about it to be honest.

>not drawing your own map

A joke.
>top
>released in 2007
>runs at silky smooth +60fps on ancient hardware recently discovered by archeologists under a Nyasasaurus parringtoni's skeletal remains
>bottom
>released in 2022
>even NASA computers register noticeable fps drops and stuttering regardless of graphics settings
Fromages? Explain yourselves. Now!

Attached: 1650839660350.jpg (1280x1440, 1.24M)

the catacomb with all the teleporting chests made me feel like a genuine branilet

There

Attached: 1500OldManofStorrSkye-shutterstock-1178227633-rsz-16032021151649170.jpg (1182x825, 161.94K)

Fun, but poorly balanced. Lategame bosses too easy, with a couple of exceptions. And the fact that the midgame can be done in any order makes whatever you do last far too easy.

Too much bloat, the open world meme is a disgrace, but at its core is an outstanding game and definetly better than DaS3 and BB.

>Best world
>Best NPCs
>Second best Lore
>Mid-High tier spells and abilities
>Mid tier weapons
>Low-Mid tier bosses
>Mid-Higher tier dungeon design

there are you simpleton

It is ok.
Maybe a tad too large and too much enemy reuse.
I still prefer DaS1.

Where the fuck are the trees? What is this, Breath of the Wild?

It was disappointingly boring.

it really needed covenants

It's very good compared to the rest of the industry. Reminds me of playing Megaman Zero

its too windy dumbass

Its a souls game, but open world.

Bullshit. The Shitch wouldn't be able to handle those wind physics.

Bros… I’m trying so hard to enjoy this game but every other Souls game is more fun. How do I maximise the Elden Ring experience?

Game of the century

I'm the opposite. I didn't like the previous games at all but loved ER.

You believe that? Lol
Sounds like a cut feature that won’t ever see the time of day.

Do not binge.
I feel I got burned due to it.
Take it slow.

nah HL1 was much more revolutionary and it is still GotC.

i killed myself and took a 100k rune hit after finding the switch because i did it after playing for 8 hours straight and couldnt figure out my way out. even with fucking prism stones everywhere.

Where?

i liked it
now im playing elex 2

Depends what you're looking for but the castles and cathedrals in FromSoft games are almost always based on real places.

Attached: 1649656204881.jpg (3024x4032, 1.51M)

also known as nostalgia goggles

>It's so good that it has ruined other video games for me
This

One of the greatest games ever created. Multiple playthroughs are way more tedious than other souls games, though.

Probably my favorite Souls game to date, but DS1 will always be in my heart.

Oh cool

there's a thread for this already

And you don't care about peoples opinions, fuck off with your garbage question.

Bloodborne>sekiro>Elden Ring Imo

Play it again, or play another fromsoft gsme if you haven't yet.

Its popular so its bad
/thread
if you disagree you are a normalfag/reddit/a tranny/some other thing I am not supposed to like
This post is certified BASED if I don't say so myself!!!!!!!!

The gameplay is almost identical to Dark Souls it might as well been called Dark Souls 4, ans some of the bosses feel like cutting room floor ideas from Sekiro/Bloodborne.

>You will NOT talk about video games
>You will NOT have a discussion
>You WILL participate in the Twitter threads

I give it a Windows 7/10. :(.

5/10, won't play again.

Level 11 Invasions have been incredibly fun.

Attached: lvl11mage.jpg (1916x1908, 473.1K)

Is it good?

yes, if you like eurojank
poorly optimized but still fun

>game has horrid input queue that will fuck you over if you mash, making you do attacks or rolls after having been staggered thus making you eat another hit usually
>at the same time the game has a horrible problem with input drops meaning that you often times have to mash in order to get the game to fucking operate
>i.e. you get fucked for mashing and you get fucked for not mashing

This alone doesn't get brought up enough honestly, its fucking horseshit

Attached: unknown-1.png (828x803, 954.53K)

The noob smasher

>You believe that? Lol
>Sounds like a cut feature that won’t ever see the time of day.

hmmm?

who should I believe, random autist on the internet or Namco?

> Bandai Namco has confirmed that the game is set to receive ray tracing at some point in the future. "Timing for the implementation of ray tracing, which is planned to be supported after the launch, will be revealed in future announcements," read the patch notes.

That's every From game sadly

Okay. Kind of tiresome.

Solid 7.5/10. I honestly expected more and they delivered with the environment and world design, yet completely shat the bed with the copy paste souls combat. I know they aren't r* levels of rich to throw into their games but Elden Ring just doesn't go far enough as far as a new game goes.

enjoyed it enough to 100% it, haven't looked back on it since then though

you can't interacts with your spirits
0/10

Works perfectly on my machine (AMD with Archlinux)

I'm about 55 hours in, at the draconian tree sentinel before leyndell. It's way way better than I was expecting, the visuals and atmosphere and world has always been very important for me and Elden Ring may be the best in that regard. I've heard about the unbalanced enemy damage in the late game (and I'm already seeing that w draconian tree sentinel) but I doubt it would be enough to stop me from thinking it's amazing overall