Elden ring lore thread

Morgott was fucking robbed

Attached: 20220424_163749.jpg (2048x1448, 294.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/ua8slu/major_lore_the_civil_war_before_the_shattering/
youtu.be/zMu7FvNP2Z4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

morgott cute shota uohh :baw:

Exiled soldiers/banished knights are Godwyn's men.

The two banners in picrel, left being in stormveil and right being in stranded graveyard, both feature exiled soldiers and banished knights, except those in stranded graveyard are ghosts.
This banner is clearly connected to them in same way, whether it's Godwyn's or not. It is solid red with gold marks and features a dragon at the top of it. You can also note Niall and O'neill summon banished knights or exiled knights and brandishes a similar red/gold banner when they do their flag-waving shit. Banished knight helms have two alternative designs. One with a gold/red cloth on it, and one with just a straight up metal dragon at the top of it.
You can go check yourself.

Godwyn was a dragonfucker and has heavy ties to them, befriending them, starting the dragon cult and having on them try and save him in his dream. I don't think it's a stretch to suggest he had a dragon emblem as a banner.
Wherever there are exiled soldiers/banished knights there is a connection to Godwyn:
>Stormveil personally protecting his last heir Godrick
>Farum Azula where he fought dragons (knights)
>Church of the dragon communion, dragon cult (knight)
>Stranded graveyard, accompanied by the dragon banner that is also in stormveil. (ghosts, both)
>Castle sol, an area led by Niall who has a similar banner and the castle is an eclipse/mausoleum oriented faction, attempting to give Godwyn a soul. He summons knights too.
>O'Neill, summons exiled soldiers, the jap text said Godrick swore "obedience" to malenia and I think he joined Malenia to fight Radahn and the "lord was fled" refers to him.
Godrick has two sets of soldiers, his own with tree/lion, and then the exiled/banished knights who guard him more closely. Despite the flags being lions, there are also stormhawk and dragon emblems in Stormveil that seemingly have been paved over. Also, note how the soldiers do storm arts just like the knights and walk with them, they're clearly close allies.

Attached: Dragon.jpg (1253x1280, 536.06K)

supporting image, banner from O'neill and Niall.
It's red, has gold marks, and a dragon breathing fire.
Am I late to the party, or did people not realize this?

Attached: oneilloniall flag.png (1410x765, 2.63M)

Anyone who says Marika did NoBK is a lorelet. No exceptions.

The Concept of Death Exists!

Vaati is a moron

Attached: inbound6918888720084621319.png (1546x8000, 1.16M)

It's interesting that Miquella was using a symbol similar to the DNA helix of life, which was missing in the GW's Elden Ring.

Robbed of what? You have to prove yourself in order to be king. As far as we have seen, Godwyn is not some pathetic basement dwellers.

Attached: Helix of life.jpg (838x926, 209.06K)

My brain is being controlled by Ranni, so I am afraid I have to disagree with you.

She helped Ranni by giving her access to the black knives, thats it.

Real Rannichads accept her for who she is
“I did it all”

Godwyn turning into a fish is a reference to the Game of Thrones theory about Varys being a merman. Fucking GRRM

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (670x472, 688.3K)

My wife can be quite devious when she wants to be!

Attached: ranni13.jpg (1900x2899, 3.69M)

not only that but destined death was never a part of the elden ring

not a single item says it was.

it just says the golden order sealed it away (after the gloam eye queen's defeat, presumably she had it first)

You're a fucking moron, I'm not saying Ranni dindu nuffin. Ranni planned the assassination and Marika gave her access to the black knives, they were both on it.

Why the fuck would they mention that Marika had ties to them otherwise? Or the fact that they're the same race? Or Melina fighting like a black knife?

I can't see it very well but someone did talk about it:
reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/ua8slu/major_lore_the_civil_war_before_the_shattering/

>watch Peaky Blinders
>Esme's voice doing things to me
>realize she voiced Ranni

>Why the fuck would they mention that Marika had ties to them otherwise?
to muddy the lore and cause arguments, giving people something to talk about and thus prolonging the lifespan of their game

My understanding of the relationship between DD and the black flame (BF):

>The Gloam-Eyed Queen cradles newborn apostles swaddled in this cloth. Soon they will grow to become the death of the gods.

GEQ is obviously their leader, we all know that. This item implies a very close relationship as well.

>The Apostles were all embraced by the Gloam-Eyed Queen, and the black flame was their armor within.

So the BF is something quite special, and it seemingly comes from the GEQ.

>The Queen's Black Flame
>Set the blade ablaze with the god-slaying black flame before delivering a sweeping slash.

In fact some say they swore fealty (formal acknowledgement of loyalty to a lord) to the BF:

>Amon swore fealty to the god-slaying black flame, and so became the first fire monk to turn traitor.

But this is where things turn interesting.

>The apostles, once said to serve Destined Death, are wielders of the god-slaying black flame.

So they "serve destined death". What does that mean? I thought they served the Queen? Is the Queen the living incarnation of DD? I doubt it, nothing like that exists in the game. More likely she wielded DD, had the rune in her possession, similar to how other shardbearers wield great runes.

>But after their defeat by Maliketh, the Black Blade, the source of their power was sealed away.

This to me is more evidence that she had DD in her possession. If Marika/Maliketh had DD in their possession, they could have just sealed it away. There would be no need to "defeat" the GEQ and the apostles to seal away their power. But since GEQ did have possession of DD, Maliketh had to defeat her and take it away from her and then seal it away.

So it seems apparent you need to actually wield DD to enhance the BF. In the game, you kill bosses and get their great runes. Killing Maliketh gives you the rune of death, and with it you enhance the flames that burn the Erdtree.

>Ranni vs Marika collaborator
Oh my god, the last thread was so good.

Morgott is arguably the most noble character in the game and certainly a better person than most of the other demigods

>the last thread was so good
nah i dont think so

yes, I actually read his post. I think he missed a couple things and also comes to some silly conclusions. He touched on some of the shit I was trying to figure out myself.

Ah of course, when something doesn't fit your headcanon its just a distraction lol

These threads are so shit

Why did he kill millions of Tarnished then?

>millions of Tarnished then?
Source? Also they're niggers.

Because most Tarnished are niggers who just want a piece of Marika's ass

why wouldn't he kill them?

Yeah I was a bit jumbled on the Ensha=Godwyn stuff since we did see Ensha face, but the rest is pretty interesting. I myself speculated the Banished Knights, Commander Niell and O'Neill are all related to Godwyn/Miquella/Malenia faction.

Radagon is a literal avatar of the Elden Beast
Radagon fooled Maliketh by disguising himself as Marika and thus caused the rune of death to be stolen
Radagon was behind the night of blackknives. He wanted Godwyn killed because of his interference with his relationship with Malenia and Miquella
Marika shattered the elden ring to get back at Radagon/Elden Beast
Ranni takes the fall willingly to protect her father when we come to confront her
Melina is a fragment of Marika. She was not born normally with a real mother

I'm in full blown schizo mode

Stockholm syndrome.

>Ensha=Godwyn
I agree, that’s very weak

>hordes of niggers come to try and take control of the world + have sex with my mom by conquest
>I am stronger than all of them
>therefore, no they will not have sex with my mom by conquest and they will not take control of the world
Simple

This is completely wrong.
The Elden Ring absolutely determines the laws of reality in the Lands Between.
Destined Death being excluded does not mean nothing dies, it means nothing dies a final death, and everything must be reborn.

Literally all these threads are my headcanon vs your headcanon

So he is just a blind janitor then. Ignorance is also a sin.

The duality of man

yea welcome to lore threads nigger, been like that forever
enjoy your stay

I enjoy the recent threads given more discoveries on Godwyn and Miquella, on the other hand, Ranni and Marika are discussed to death.

Attached: 1650036964640.jpg (1355x696, 135.09K)

see
no exceptions

In what way?
If you are trying to insist that Godwyn stole Morgott's inheritance, then you would be wrong, since Morgott is the younger brother.
Interesting, the storm arts might have been how Godwyn fought before he went all in on the Dragon Incantation build.

Why the fuck was Godwyn born a merman? No other demigod was born like this

Attached: file.png (1228x1104, 2.12M)

So if I got this right, the only way to truly die is to be put into one of the many catacombs, right?

Otherwise you wake up some hours later? But why would the player character want to make forced death a thing again when it is better left as a choice?

I liked ER but it's really time to move on.
The game isn't anything special and your recent experiences and encounters have already been experienced by 100's of thousands of other people.

Attached: 1650838656874.jpg (976x850, 53.71K)

Banished knight helm
Variations. One has a metal dragon, the other has a red/gold cloth on it, similar to the two banners

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-qNdE4cXl2bpY2p.jpg (400x200, 27.69K)

I can see the crossed right leg.

More like Godrick and the larger society which hates omens stole Morgott’s inheritance
But also if he didn’t hate his omen nature so much he may not have reached the heights of power that he did, so it’s hard to say what could have happened otherwise

No, you don't wake up, you rot until a jar collects you and takes you to the roots. Then you get reborn/reincarnated/your soul consumed by the GW/fuck knows what.

I've yet to see an argument as to why they gave Marika all the black knife connections if she's actually not related to them at all. I know your Ranni hateboner wants her to be literally satan but seems pretty clear to me that Marika was involved in it too, seeing how the shattering was planned from the beginning.

Side note, Banished Knights are some of the coolest if not the coolest "regular" enemies in this game and most Souls games

I wonder if he'd let Godfrey pass. Also that line about him saying that "warrior blood must flow in our veins" is him acknowledging that we're related to Godfrey(also confirmed if you start as Hero)

Do they use dragon incantations in any way?
It's weird they carry around dragon symbols, but it's the Leyndell knights who use the dragon cult stuff.

Do you want to make a big poster for this?
I think this info is great.
Stormveil also has a similar "storm" word, similar to the Old Lord's talisman.
>A legendary talisman depicting the ancient king whose seat lies at the heart of the storm beyond time.
>Extends the duration of sorceries and incantations. It is said that the ancient royal city of Farum Azula has been slowly crumbling since time immemorial.

On the other hand, this is making me so schizo about Miquella's needle and why it can only be used in Farum Azula, making there is a connection since we know he was close with Godwyn? Idk, the weird location requirement is so out of place. Why Farum Azula where the previous Dragon Lord resides..

Attached: lol.png (963x390, 86.92K)

The hooded ones breathe fire with a dragon communion sign

>game out 2 months
>lore is still indiscernible garbage
>character motivations are pants on head retarded
>radagon/marika being the one person is confusing bullshit
bravo G RR Shartin, bravo Gookzaki. what a fucking letdown

what if they open the arena and it has different rules depending on the arena you go to? like fixed builds, whatever you have, team fights

Attached: 1648438768289.png (637x441, 289.68K)

They don't. My headcannon is that they're at the communion church to kill off anyone attempting to perform a communion. As they're still loyal to Godwyn and he was buddy buddy with dragons and wouldn't look kindly on eating their hearts to turn into a magma wyrm

Banished Knights use Storm Assault. Placidusaax is also related to the Storm as well.
>"Storm Assault: One of the skills that channel the tempests of Stormveil. Leap forward through surrounding storm winds and thrust armament downward. The attack will produce more storm winds at the point of impact."

Storm and Lightning, those two go together.

>all the black knife connections
It’s one item description bud, and “close ties” is very ambiguous (intentionally so)
>I know your Ranni hateboner wants her to be literally satan
Nice try, I accept Ranni for the scheming mastermind that she is, not some useless milksop who needed her dad’s new wife to help her
>seeing how the shattering was planned from the beginning
She could have easily just shattered it without the need for a murder plot
No exceptions

They really should've left this part in-game. youtu.be/zMu7FvNP2Z4

Attached: 1650592131037.png (616x534, 42.35K)

would be neat desu
that’s why it won’t happen

>radagon/marika being the one person is confusing bullshit
If you're not confused by the concept of The Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost all being aspects of the same divinity, you shouldn't be confused by Marika, Radagon and possibly Melina who are a reference to this duality/triality in divinity

I think there's merit to saying Nox=Numen.
And if Black Knives are Nox, it fits why they're doing what they're doing.