We need to argue about the peak of Souls and only these 3 games are in contention

we need to argue about the peak of Souls and only these 3 games are in contention

Attached: des-ds-ds3.png (1793x900, 2.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s3nckWeT-m0
youtube.com/watch?v=sZlQHRvFkF4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3
End of discussion.

>Best Atmosphere and feeling
Demon's Souls

>Best World
Dark Souls

>Best combat
Dark Souls 3

Attached: 049 - 3gQn1W2.png (680x773, 391.26K)

>3
>peak
It ruined the franchise, retard.

killed the series the same way RE4 killed resident evil lmao...

>>Best World
>Dark Souls
it's too gamey.
Demon's Souls better

>the peak of Souls
>Dark Souls 3
Pick one

I love DeS's world, but it doesn't have that interconnected feeling DaS has.
How is it too gamey?

they're all in the trashcan, why should i care about which garbage smells best?

All of that is garbage compared to King's Field IV.

I think this would be more interesting if it were demon's souls, dark souls, elden ring

because within a span of hundreds of feet you can walk from a forest, castle, poison swamp and lava area with no transition

Dark Souls 3 is the best one since it's got the best overall gameplay, level design, and bosses. It has an incredibly straightforward upgrade system which ends up making it the best for replays because it's functional as fuck and there's no busy work looking for the specific ore you need.
Demon's Souls is amazing and I still think it's better than Dark Souls 1 to this day. I replayed Dark Souls 1 recently and there's a reason I stopped replaying it after Dark Souls 3 came out. It somehow feels older and slower than Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls has quicker movement, kick ass level design, and really great atmosphere going for it. It may be more linear and not interconnected, but it's more fun to play through those levels than the second half of Dark Souls 1.

Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 1
That's a pretty easy ranking for me any day. Dark Souls 3 feels too damn good to play.

Attached: 1464066468547.png (350x407, 67.44K)

Demon's > Dark > Dark 3
End of discussion.

First half of dark souls > demons souls > dark souls > dark souls 3

i like that dark souls 3 brought back all demon's souls cool weapon upgrade paths after dark souls 1 removed them

>interconnected feeling DaS has
I actually think that's precisely it. From clearly had to make some compromises to support the ambitious scale of the interconnected world. The loading caves and elevators connecting locations get really noticeable. The areas are too close to one another for gameplay convenience. That's never really an issue in Demon's Souls.
The view from Anor Londo to Duke's Archives for instance is as nonsensical as vistas in Dark Souls 2.

Dark Souls 2

DS1>DeS>DS3

Personally I don't have much trouble with it. They seem to do scale pretty well, even when the camera clearly sucks dick at it. see: ER.

Attached: 071 - g8tmM5z.jpg (837x607, 67.9K)

Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls
DeS mogs the other two when it comes to atmosphere. It has more consistent level design than DS1. It's original. DS1 is basically DeS 2.0 and DS3 is basically DS 1.5.

Lmfao demon souls has the worst roster of bosses and WT was a garbage system.
That and Bloodborne are the most Overrated games and it's not surprising they're "exclusives"

demon's souls saved video games. show some respect dumbass

pre-lordvessel dark souls is peak video games

>DeS mogs the other two when it comes to atmosphere
this
youtube.com/watch?v=s3nckWeT-m0

Bloodborne mogs all of them

It's just one of the many things and little bits of references to Demon's Souls

DaS2 is undisputably the best soulsborne game there is

this destroys the soulsborne. considering a 3rd playthrough

Attached: 608178-shadow-tower-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 91.43K)

I want more games like this.
Maybe not with guns, but first person melee that isn't made by fucking bethesda

the best souls game is the one not pictured

play dark messiah

I have. and it plays horribly nowadays with old jank source engine

Demon's Souls is the worst one though.

nigger

They've all got strengths and weaknesses over the other. DS3 has the overall weakest level design both layout and aesthetics.

Attached: DS3 Yhorm by ladyofworlds_.jpg (3334x2449, 1.2M)

I loved how Demons Souls feels like a real medieval world of humans only, where all of a sudden Demons and monsters started appearing and shit and everyone is afraid and trying to deal with it best they can. It's the most like Berserk in that way, how it was all hundred years war until shit hits the fan and Hell literally comes into the world. Dark Souls is fantastical right out of the gate with dragons and gods and monsters so the atmosphere isn't as good imo.

I want a Demon's Souls 2 so badly

>DS3 has the overall weakest level design both layout
Depends on the map, Dark Souls 3 has overall better level design than most of DS1

Weird that you left out the best one

DaS2 is actually the best and it's not a meme

I've played all and DaS2 is the only one that I come back to. That and ER.

Agreed. Personally i'm a sucker for fantasy, but the dark fantasy of DeS is way better than the half-assed dark/high fantasy of DaS.

Attached: 010 - P9IQRLv.png (476x3182, 114.06K)

ST didnt have guns and was way creepier

>Depends on the map, Dark Souls 3 has overall better level design than most of DS1
No. Too many levels use the Chalice Dungeon level trick of making levels out of pre designed sections like a rogue dungeon. Catacombs, Izalith, Farron Keep all suffer with this copy pasted grey corridors with stairs. Its shit and once you see it you can't unsee it. Levels are outright toss compared to even the shittest level in DS1.

Attached: DS1 Lordran.jpg (1200x800, 186.43K)

I was gonna yell at you for saying that as I just watched Iron Pineapples video about it at the mention, but that's ST:Abyss, not the first one. I didn't know they were different.
Regardless, I hope Lunacid becomes the modern KF/ST.

same. but then i realized if they ever made a demon's souls 2 it would have just been what became dark souls with a different name.

I also dislike how the castle designs have become more and more Gothic rather than Normanesque. My favorite castle in Elden Ring was Mourne Castle because it was a proper big block castle with ramparts descending the cliffs. Everything else in the game was way too ornate and Gothic looking.

i only like to replay demon's souls. what's your point? ds2 isn't even a miyazaki game it's a shitty fanfiction

>Iron Pineapples video
Aesir aesthetics destroys him in every way
youtube.com/watch?v=sZlQHRvFkF4

Thank FUCK someone else is in on that.
I'll never touch the remake because fuck buying a PS5, but jfc make something believable for once.
style isn't everything.

Never heard of him. I'll have a look. More opinions to source from the better

Attached: 1591945114938.jpg (1280x1861, 406.19K)

They’re all pretty amazing, just shut the fuck up and play all of them you massive faggot.

Attached: FromSoftCollection.jpg (2016x1512, 667.04K)

>Aesir aesthetics
His reviews of the King's Field games are excellent. I'm glad he played them so I don't have to, I don't think I would have been able to enjoy the games with how antiquated they are. I would love a remake of KF1 to KF3 as one game, that shit is ripe to put the series back in the spotlight.

Attached: King's Field Armor.png (2039x2781, 3.94M)

CONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

>best combat
Dark Souls 2
>best fashion
Dark Souls 2
>best progression
Dark Souls 2
>best muisc
Demon's Souls
>best level design
they're all equally shit
>best atmosphere
Demon's Souls
>best lore
lol
>best enemies
Dark Souls
>best endings
Dark Souls 2
>best final boss
Dark Souls
>good at nothing
Dark Souls 3

>multiple copies of the same game
>ps3 DeS in case
bruh
>ps4 versions all
can't even mod or get high fps. shame

>multiple copies of the same game
Yes
>ps3 DeS in multiple copies of the same game
>ps3 DeS in case
Yes
>ps4 versions all
Yes

Attached: 1605183363839.png (506x583, 208.04K)

Get rid of Dark Souls 3 and there is your peak. Of course BB and Sekiro are the best in this “genre” or whatever you want to call it.

>I'm glad he played them so I don't have to
>a remake of KF1 to KF3 as one game
I couldnt imagine robbing myself of the expierence of playing kingsfield blind. The reviews are only good with context of the game

Attached: oof.jpg (640x490, 26.49K)

>Sekiro
>the best in this “genre”
It's not even the same genre. Sekiro is an action game, and quite honestly, it's not that good either way.

Nah it's still pretty fun.

never said it wasn't

Aesir Aesthetics does a really good job explaining the lore and plot of the games as there really isn't much too the lore like there is in later Fromosoft games. A remake would expand and add to those original games. Guyra definitely should be be renamed Kalameet, or have two names with Guyra being given by the people and Kalameet being the real name of the black dragon.

Attached: kalameet.jpg (1600x900, 123.3K)

this might blow your mind but I like Kingsfield gameplay way more than later From stuff, the plots were only flavor

Attached: kf2.png (792x592, 483.79K)

Even with 4-directional rolling, Dark Souls, all the way.