Is this the single most annoying enemy From Software has ever created?

Is this the single most annoying enemy From Software has ever created?

Attached: elden-ring-royal-revenant-Cropped.jpg (1000x500, 53.57K)

literally just dodge. What is the issue?
>nooooooooooo it needs to take 30 second long attacks so i have time to think about what i want to do, change my gear, take a nap, have a meal, then return to dodge or parry

- dont dodge backwards, but forward beneath his arms instead
- use a healing spell/incantation in his vicinity for massive damage
- git gud

Attached: thumb_1647622007-1[1].png (1285x720, 1.31M)

I dislike the crayfish more.
or

no

Attached: STEINERIZED.jpg (1024x787, 76.18K)

>60 vigor
>heavy armor
>stunlocked from an unavoidable combo and die with basically RNG

Present a more shit designed enemy. I'm not complaining, the question was legit, not rhetoric. What is the worst enemy From made? I don't remember anything I hated fighting more. Maybe the walking whales in Bloodborne

A lot of the new enemies seem like they were designed to be ugly or annoying and nonsensical. Not just from a mechanical standpoint either.
>ahahaha it a long man he have arm legs many like bug and he go ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR sometime hehe xD
>and then we have big fat man he big and fat and he roll in ball but he also have tail and he fast tho he fat xD

Those are extremely easy to deal with if you use a 100% physical shield. The spell does nothing.

There's a fat wheezing edgelord in a fedora laughing at each enemy design. His name's George R Martin.

kek
yeah the enemy designs in ER seem like Miyazaki had way too much fun with shroomz
maybe that's why there are mushrooms all over the place, or the whole game is just a figment of main character's imagination on a bad trip

Attached: 1641989668651.png (897x900, 1.47M)

>it's a one-shotting aoe with an out of view windup

*dodges to the side*
wow, so hard

by that logic there is no difference between enemy design quality you absolute mongoloid
you can "dodge to the side" almost everything, technically speaking

this piece of shit coming right after the erdtree avatar duo is really testing me

Attached: death_rite_bird2.png (400x400, 257.01K)

>block and guard counter
>it dies

literally who has trouble with these, I only encountered one in the entire game and it died like a bitch

For the most part royal revenants are in optional areas, pulverizers are cancer that can flat out stop you from progressing the game if you didn't know the right equipment to take in last raven or didn't load from a nexus save file

Those giant dragon men in crumbling farum azula that can two shot you out of nowhere with their giant axe.
ALSO the aussie dragons in crumbling farum azula that have literal boomerangs that can get you BEHIND COVER since they curve. On top of that, they have a shield and they will spam those tiny tiny boomerangs super fast.

Retard. The point is you have to specifically dodge to the sides.
Rolling backwards works for almost all enemies but if you try to do that against the Revenants you die.

I'm more scared of how horrifying they looks and how they scream. I'm already overleveled enough and I can kill it with like two hits, but I'm still shitting my pants everytime when they appear. Same thing with crawling prisoners, they are very weak but their movements and screams are really unsetting.

Forgot the Boreal Knights from Souls 3 I see.

The agile fucks that are as aggressive as a chiahua on meth with the strength of a bear

What's a pulverizer ? The watchdog statues that have a magical mace equipped ?

>undodgeable dash
>3 hit combo that always hits you when you try to dodge away
>GRAB
Absolutely cancerous pieces of shit, at least they're vulnerable to fire.

Attached: Spider-hand-Elden-ring-2.jpg (470x265, 69.82K)

Yes

Attached: 3-3-2022-12-22-43-am-ljzzy1rn_cBO5s9CJ.webm (1280x720, 2.21M)

>heals
nuthin personnell, hehehe

He's not even the first Death Rite Bird you should've encountered by that point, or the second.

tractor beam

Using shields.
I see you did not beat the game.

>has a heal incant equipped
>sees enemy doing super long spawn animation
>doesn't run up and use it to kill the enemy instantly

That one with a spear is fucking annoying.

Attached: Ringblade-and-Spear.jpg (1167x623, 219.13K)

Attached: lesser_runebear_3_enemies_elden_ring_wiki_600px.jpg (600x338, 37.54K)

Within the context of ER its the worst enemy. Teleportation on top of endless, fast, spidery combos that hit hard and will end your life if you get caught in it on top of spitting poison and I did I mention he'll start a combo after teleporting? I think the worst thing is its clearly a scrapped Ptuhermian Bloodborne enemy or boss that got dialed up to 11 and thrown into Elden Ring.

Attached: 6.jpg (316x267, 14.05K)

you do know enemies will circle you when they're fighting as a pack right ?

the mecha in the image posted

>Literally drains your max hp by looking at you

Attached: file.png (800x1080, 880.87K)

Pulverizers are a joke outside of the very last one, but overall the design philosophy is similar to Royal Revenants in that you either know their routines well enough or you die.
AC is just fundamentally harder than Souls because you don't have i-frames or things like special hard counters like healing spells being a silver bullet against revenants, or holy attacks dealing absurd damage to death rite birds.

Hard countered by Greatshields

Hard countered by any shield and any strike weapon

I'm on my third playthrough and i still haven't bothered killing that big one in the cave in Caelid.

Here we go, another 500 reply thread of fromdrones saying it's fine because it's beatable, avoiding the fact that it's not enjoyable to fight at all.

What is an enjoyable mook to you?

i liked these fuckers because all i ever did in ds3 was invade this area and cheese people with the firegrab or a big fireball when they had their health all fucked up. even mostly wore their outfit they were my bros so much

Isshin or Demon of Hatred were fun encounters I died multiple times to, this thing is not fun whether I beat it or not.

Hell, they're kind of retarded and I learned Wrath of Gold sends them skyhigh so I could just spam that since they're so predictable until they break and I can crit them

It’s because you’re a witless str fag, they made it for bums like you.

Ah a sekirobab, yeah I guess an enemy that isn't just a glorified beatmania track can be frustrating

Stop being a fthlet

>tfw have a fully leveled Miquellan Knight Sword, which downright nukes his hp
I fucking wish I'd get summoned for him more often

Seriously? Super ez all you have to do is fight under their belly while rolling to the right, you guys really suck

yeah i just dont know what to do when i get summons that solo the bosses for me

Understandable, luckily Miyazaki thought about you and gave you the sekirobab mode so you're not too frustrated when enemies don't have big glowing signs telling you what button you need to press for you epic cinematic takedown.

Not him but:
Wolves
Basic Knights
Basic Soldiers
Vikings
Stormveil Soldiers
Banished Knights
Land Octopuses
Colossi
Misbegotten
Demi-Humans
Crystallians
Perfumists
Pages
Underground deer horn guys
Rot Centipedes
Albinaurics
Snake guys
Stone head wizards
Nox guys
Vulgar Militia
Carian Troll Knights
Any Tarnished
Harpies
Snails
Lions with swords taped on them
Flamethrower Heads
Fucking Dogs

>Lions with swords taped on them
I really like fighting them and I'm sad none of them respawn.

You aren't supposed to kill them. You use them to smash statues then put them to sleep.

>Lord's Heal
>Lion's Claw with the Rotten Greataxe
Felt so fucking good to delete one of these.

Troll roar

These are the only enemies that I just try to skip, a fucjing pain to fight and their design disgusts me. I don’t even have problems with regular vidya spiders or wallmaster-style hand enemies, but something about those things still rubs me in wrong places.

Kek, I didn’t see even one death bird in my entire playthrough, didn’t even know that they existed before I read it up from here. Considering that I spent a fair bit of time exploring (but not 100%, not even close), I just probably got really unlucky/lucky, whatever way one sees it.

only boss that made me seethe hard was the trio of these faggots

For some reason, Leyndell’s lightning knights probably were the hardest regular enemies for me in relation to how strong you are when you meet them. They are surprisingly durable for a level 65-70 character with no cheese builds, their lightning spam is cruel, and worst of all, it’s pretty easy to pull more than one in at once. Also, because they’re everywhere in Leyndell, you don’t necessarily get much space to fight them, ending up in awkward narrow alley fights etc..

This game has really cool enemy design

>lions with swords taped on them
Based taste.

Ironically I died more to them than spectral Godfrey or Morgott on the first visit to Leyndell.

>annoying
the eagles are much worse

I didn't say Death Bird, I said Death Rite Bird. They're two different bosses. There's one in Caelid that gives you its poker, and one in Liurnia that gives you its ghostflame shooty spell. There's also one in the Consecrated Snowfields that gives you its massive ghostflame aoe explosion.