How come there is such a massive disparity between Elden Ring's paid reviews and user reviews?

How come there is such a massive disparity between Elden Ring's paid reviews and user reviews?

Attached: 1642258123519.png (480x198, 99.4K)

Normies probably didn't enjoy it because it was too hard. And PC had a lot of issues at launch.

Paid Horizon bots are tanking the ER user ratings.

Elden Ring is a repetitive mess.
Also Melania is easy

It's the Nintendo effect. Both critics and the fanatics love it. The normies have a more nuanced opinion.

Reviewers are retards who only play for a few hours so all the issues like repetition and shitty late game will never be seen by them.

>xbox series x
Kys

90% of the spammed 0/10 or 1/10 user reviews are variants of "FUCK U NAMCO FOR NOR ARABIC LANGUAGE SUPORT"

Attached: ElZjTv6XgAALpzH.jpg (655x450, 49.22K)

Simply put, the game is amazing early on before you realize how much shit is copy pasted and how badly designed the later bosses are.

Not at all, the late game bosses are some of the best and only tree avatars and tree spirits are reused too much, every the repeat boss has 2 or 3 encounters at most.

Normies buying it thinking it's skyrim 2 and ignoring the built in easy modes designed specifically for them.

it has very good reviews on steam, where people were actually required to own it to vote

Attached: steam rating.png (330x313, 106.79K)

I don't even see the problem with the tree bosses either. They're basically just big enemies they're so easy to fight and the fights are so short.
To me it's like complaining they reused soldier of goddrick too much

It is the definition of a 7/10. Yea Forums is fine with user reviews and rages against the critics for every other game, but I guess From is a sacred cow.

If ER is 7/10 then every other game that gets over 90 on MC is a 3/10.

This. This shit is literally a jap ubisoft game, which aren't horrible, just super mediocre. Every single encounter in the game is handled the same way, roll + mash r1. It's incredibly easy and braindead.

>users who jumped on the hype to seesaw against "negative" reviews
>very good reviews

because metacritic gets review bombed by weird losers for every single game with some form of popularity next question

Journalists are afraid to give bad reviews because they fear losing review copies and contacts. Games companies also only show curated bits to journalists (usually first 30 mins) so they can control reviews.

>And PC had a lot of issues at launch.
none of which have been fixed and will never be fixed

>Every single encounter in the game is handled the same way, roll + mash r1

Thanks for proving you haven't played the game past Godrick.
ER heavily punishes R1 mashing by having R1 combos end in a slow slam after 4 hits, forcing you into a 2 sec recovery animation.
This makes weapon arts, charged attacks, jump attacks and heavy posture breaking attacks have way more DPS than mashing buttons like a retard.

Roll mashing is also heavily punished by all the delayed attacks, some specifically timed to catch you if you just button mash.

The real answer is because reviewers don't have time to devote 100+ hours into a game before they review it. Most of them probably played for 30-40 max.

Reviewers didn't beat the game because it takes 120 hours to get through, so they didn't experience how it falls to shit 2/3 of the way through.

The feeling of "why the fuck would some ign reviewer give game with this amount of issues 10/10" was ever present playing er

I'd want to see a video of their gameplay with facecan.

>ER heavily punishes R1
"punishes it" by making you spam jump R2 with weapons too slow to mash r1 or spam their OP WA

kek

every single encounter in the game is beaten the exact same way. roll + mash r1 (or jump r2 or + OP WA)

Reviewers likely never made it to Leyndell.

It's an 8/10 game but it took me 100 hours to realize it

The stutters and performance issues have been reduced substantially.
I remember constant 1 sec stutters at the Tree Sentinel fight every few minutes on V1.0 and having 30-40 FPS on my 970.

Now, on a fresh character I never have them and get 40-50FPS.

Because video game players are whiny about shit that doesn't matter.

>game ramps up the difficulty at the later parts
>WOAH SHIT GAME WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS TRASH PAID REVIEWS

Attached: 1621638742025.gif (500x375, 2M)

>game ramps up the input reading
fixed

Attached: 1641878895645.png (511x512, 288.2K)

Based users BTFOing fromdrones by calling their shit game for what it is; a shit game.

Anyone else take breaks from ER just to listen to music and watch youtube video to have some sort of auditory information processing to happen?

Its so barren experience.

Jumping attacks still aren't as good as most weapon arts because if the huge recovery animation.
R1s on Colosal weapons were buffed and are better DPS and less risky than spamming jumps.

>Game reviews are being raided by people who own it and have played it
Nice mental gymnastics cope.

>the huge recovery animation
>less risky
skill issue
git gud

Glad you just admitted everything you just said about R1 mashing was wrong and that you were arguing in bad faith.

>Not playing on SteamOS where stuttering was fixed week 1
NGMI. Take the Linuxpill. Windows will be irrelevant for gaming in 5 years.

for me the game still stutters in all the same places it always has. performance is also identical, no improvements for me. I havnt crashed in a little while, maybe thats been fixed at least

you can do both at the same time, its what i am doing. except for boss music, then i turn the game sound on

Bingo.

Attached: 73270923976.jpg (600x448, 30.54K)

Substituting R1 mash for Jump R2 mash is not a meaningful difference whatsoever. Every single encounter in the game, literally every single one, is handled the same way.

You cannot cope.

Hoard of butthurt Nintendo and HoZD fanboys.
User reviews are a joke, they manage to be more biased and less objective than the mainstream journalists ones.

yea

>irrelevant in X years
If I had a penny for every time /g/ proclaimed linux supremacy is nigh I would have at least 10 grand.

>how come I can't spam buttons like a retard
>WAAAAAH LET ME HEAL I AM DODGING WHY AM I STILL GETTING HIT NOOOOOOO

Attached: 1622829478588.jpg (935x879, 597.79K)

I occasionally still have stutters in a few open areas, like I'm crossing certain loading zones and the game is "BUFFERING" but it's very rare and most of them seem to be out of combat.

But on 1.0 these instances were at least 10 times more common.

the real answer is because of the performance issues
same as why it had such low steam score initially

>*input reads your cope*

Attached: 1632002136435.jpg (493x481, 28.9K)

Sometimes I wish the natural reaction to a boss animation like jumping over a thing, or dodging was rewarded with no damage.
I just want to get the boss over with and feel like I didnt waste my life opportunities on it

Jump R2...
Weapon Arts...
Block + Counters...
Crouch Attacks...
Parries...

Yeah, the game is literally a 1 button spam game with literally zero options.

>It is the definition of a 7/10
Then other AAA releases must be 4/10

And what game released after 2010 would even be 9/10 or above?

>Windows will be irrelevant for gaming in 5 years.
I wish that was true but you underestimate the amount of money and power microsoft has. They just need to bribe more devs again and we will be in this cycle for another 10 years.

Portal 2
witcher 3
undertale
I never played botw since I own a pc but I guess thats popular choice

Each and every action game can ultimately be reduced to
>do stuff to avoid damage
>do stuff to do damage
Not an argument, really. And no, rolling and R1 are far from the only options.

I liked ER but it's really time to move on.
The game isn't anything special and your recent experiences and encounters have already been experienced by 100s of thousands of other people.

Attached: 1650838453970.jpg (640x480, 18.98K)

that's why idorts know that you buy jp games on console.

roll + mash r1

^ every single encounter in the game consists of that.

Then I’ll just disagree with your taste. Portal 2 is fine, the other two clearly inferior to ER for various reasons.

As I said, you could reduce every single action game to a very few actions. It’s not an argument against a particular one.

Compared to ER, BOTW looks like an early access assetflip in both terms of quantity and quality of content.
It's not a wonder why tendies are trolling it 24/7.

Attached: 1646616698854.jpg (3170x1236, 860.22K)

You cannot.

For elden ring, literally every single encounter is designed for roll + mash r1.

play more games, redditor.

All of those games have something ER doesnt.
Immersion, consistent world, and music.

I did. I could reduce Monster Hunter to the same principle.

You being able to win like that doesn’t negate all other options.

75 seems fair after subtracting the 20 points Fromsoft bonus.

1 (single) weapon in MH has more mechanical depth than the entirety of ER put together.

Play more games, redditor.

And yet you could reduce the game to rolling at the right moment and attacking as well.

Why do you do things you don't enjoy and then complain about them? Why should things be tailored specifically for you? Do you feel left out because people enjoy things you don't?

>literally every single encounter is designed for roll + mash r1

Every encounter is SIGNIFICANTLY harder if you just use R1 instead of weapon arts.
Tree Sentinel at the start takes 15 mins if R1 and rolls to beat that way but if you use impaling trust on the Vagabond's starting halberd of Square Off on the longsword, you cut that fight in half.

Thanks for confirming you didn't get very far.

I'm happy that I got 80 hours out of it, but it's sad that I saw everything except some dumb npc quests in one playthrough. I'd prefer a 40 hour game with replayability

Attached: 1650838887468.jpg (720x720, 199.71K)

MH does not have retarded i-frames like Souls games do. MH is almost entirely about positional awareness, observing what the monster is doing and planning ahead (by either charging attacks, setting up an environmental attack, laying traps, baiting the monster into a disadvantageous position, etc).

In ER literally every single encounter in the game is handled by mashing your busted i-frames roll and then mashing r1

Play more games, redditor.

Its on the topic of why user reviews are low
Its because of bad ux

Ever notice how images like these never account for all the different ways mobs in BoTW can fight you.
In ER, you fight one sword and shield soldier you fight them all but Bobokins can use swords, wands, two handed weapons, bows, will look for weapons if you steal theirs, will get thrown by Mobokins in the right circumstances, etc.
Really drives home how BoTW’s world feels so alive, while in ER it’s just a tool to get from dungeon to dungeon and that’s it.

>user reviews are low
Are shazamtrannies just hallucinating a dream reality now? Is this why they keep making these threads?

Attached: 1634264705258.gif (346x261, 1.49M)

because 95% of the official reviews were made by fanboys.

the stuff they praise elden ring for, they would shit on at other games.

>every single encounter in the game is handled by mashing your busted i-frames roll and then mashing r1
See why people make fun of you retards that cry about muh input reading and shit like this? You play the game like retards and then blame the game for your own retardation.

Because people got upset when it first launched from performance problems and Skill issues, let a meh or bad review, and never changed it.

You’re not even arguing with me.

You can win MH by rolling at the right moment and then doing basic attacks. It’s no different in this regard, hypocrite.

not an argument.

play more games, redditor.

Journalists still fall for the open world=good meme.

ER enemies also change weapons depending on distance and situation and almost all enemies pull a crossbow or throw rocks you if you try to get into a tree or on a building to cheese them.
They just have these moves built in and don't pick up weapons off the floor.

ER also has much better AI that can detect when it's running in place against something like breakable crates and will attacks them after 2 seconds of walking in place.
Meanwhile in BOTW...

Attached: 1621002816467.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>MH by rolling
LS shitter detected, you didn't beat the monster.

Never said it’s the only way, but it’s definitely a way. You can beat anything by rolling at the correct moment and then mashing basic attacks.

That doesn’t detract from MHs additional complexity, and neither does it from ERs.

there are well over120 bosses in the game and 9 of them are unique encounters.

>suddenly critic review matter because it's about a game I like
>suddenly user reviews don't matter because it's about a game I like

Is this the part where someone posts that webm of killing the Night Calvary by abusing how much they like to input read so it jumps off the bridge like a comical dumbass