First weapon in the game is so broken it trivializes the game and makes bosses easy as fuck

>first weapon in the game is so broken it trivializes the game and makes bosses easy as fuck

Attached: 001Bulbasaur_RB.png (494x557, 310.27K)

>pokemon
>bosses
?

It only makes you strong against the first two gyms only. That's it. They're already easy. If anything, Charmander is the easy route regardless of intent. The gym with his weaknesses are the two easiest ones and right at the beginning of the game you go through a forest filled with pokemon weak to fire.

bulbasaur is balanced because it falls off hard as the game goes on unless you want to kill things in like 10 turns with leech seed toxic cheese instead of 1 or two with your choice of super effective move from a better pokemon
squirtle, on the other hand...

Nidoking is still the best choice for og RBY

>takes forever to learn vine whip
"bulbasaur is easy mode" is a complete fucking meme. Going through the game with Charmander is faster and more efficient.

Bulbasaur has a glitchy 100‰ critical rate Razor Leaf and Toxic+Leech Seed glitch combo, both can destroy almost everything in the game alone

Charizard does the same thing with Slash and also has access to Dig. Venusaur is shit.

gym leaders, retard-kun.

Charizard has far worse stats than Venusaur in Gen1, zoomer

All starters are easy mode.
Only charitards bring the difficulty meme because they unironically don't know how to play the game

Attached: ddeirme.png (2316x1588, 277.42K)

i better not skill leachseed and sleep powder and go for damaging moves.

Of course Pokemon is easy as fuck. It's a game for idiot kids. If Pokemon was really about serious tactics they wouldn't make every boss use the same pokemon type.

this is true in gen 1. Charmander is supposed to be the late game, Bulbasaur the early game and Squirtle the most balanced one (making Squirtle the optimal choice)

Bulbasaur is trash early game too. Have fun going against Brock with nothing but Tackle and Leech Seed and having every early game Bug/Flying/Poison type resist you. Picking Squirtle/Charmander and just spamming Bubble/Ember on everything is objectively better.

>difficulty in a pokemon game
Surely anons are memeing when they say shit like this, right?

>not releasing your starter and having a rattata and pidgey team
ngmi

>pick bulbasaur
>have to fight this
cool """""easy mode""""".

Attached: 1650831945825.png (974x810, 129.82K)

Every mode is easy mode. It's a Pokemon game.

People seem to forget you can just get something better than your starter later.

The water one is better

Bulbasaur has more problems than the other starters. It's not a pure DPS fighter like Blastoise and Charizard who just spam STAB moves, Venusaur's grass moves in gen 1 are Razor Lead which gets a guaranteed crit but is still pretty weak in base power and Solar Beam which takes time to charge. Venusaur is more about taking hits and wearing opponents down with Toxic and Leech Seed, which is still strong but slower than the other two.

Attached: 9da6e4001556bc4b8470ff7012c40153.jpg (700x1000, 817.85K)

Vine Whip comes at level 11 or 12, brainlet

Pokepedos jerkoffs too pokegirls more than playing the games
I like to think that Blue realized how Venusaur is OP he makes a whole team just to defeat it.
He makes far easier teams if you pick Squirtle or Charmander
The starters are like RPG classes.
Charmander= Warrior/ high offense, low defense, fastest
Squirtle= tank/ Low offense, high defense, slowest
Bulbasaur= Mage, good offensive, good defense, focuses on status moves and setups, balance stats.
That's why it filtered tendie pedos who only know how to spam the attack button to win

ok so don't pick it then OP.

Bulba is straight busted in Gen I. I literally beat blue using only it for battle. Was level 93 by the time I beat Mewtwo. No deaths. No close calls. Fake italian. Fake snowboarder. Remove the tattoo.

>Vine Whip comes at level 11 or 12, brainlet
stupid zoomer

Attached: file.png (199x180, 6.09K)

excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not memorizing a bit of detail from a 1996 game.
11 and 12 was close call anyway.

polemic doesn't have bosses hth

edit:*pokemon lol dang autocorrect

You're underestimating how strong a crit is, that's double damage in gen 1, it's stronger than Flamethrower or Surf generally. Venusaur also has a higher special stat than Charizard and Blastoise in Gen 1.

>Not evolving him to Ivysaur before leaving Viridian Forest

Zoomers. So impatient. If I have 5 hours to cut down a tree, I will spend 4 hours sharpening my axe.

I don't know why people are complaining about leveling up Bulbasaur.
that optional Blue boss fight in the beginning is an easy XP and makes Bulbasaur levels up fast before going to Brock.

And it's not like the metapod or kakuna can fucking fight back. It's not rock tunnel with constant confusion, sleep and leech life bullshit.

>
>difficulty in a pokemon game
>Surely anons are memeing
there's literally 3 choices at the beginning, it's pretty fucking blatant what they're going for, difficulty dressed up as a choice in creature

Attached: toadin.jpg (382x380, 63.52K)

>pokemon game difficulty
>just go in bush and hit creeps and then steamroll brock's gym with charmander alone

reminder that all starters are easy if you know how to play and only fire furries use the difficulty meme to cope about charmander being useless most of the time in Gen1 if not overleveled

Attached: D8dEkatW4AIthyG.png (681x723, 455.61K)

Old Youtube comment section really was a shitshow. I feel like it got better over the years.

>Just cheat bro

Charmander's ember makes short work of onix too. Brock's mons have low special. Even NFE hits will still melt his rocks.

>grinding aka wasting time makes the game easier
WOW YOU DON'T SAY?????

I feel like it's still full of retards like any public comment section.

Mace on DS1

>If anything, Charmander is the easy route regardless of intent.

God shut up you fucking retard. I swear you people are un-savable. Bulbasaur is obviously the easier path although it ultimately doesn't matter anyways since its fucking Pokemon. If you have trouble with a Pokemon game you are a retard.

Bulbasaur beats the first two gyms, has no issue with the 3rd and 4th. Even the 5th since it is part poison type. Charmander is weak to the first two gyms while squartle beats the first gym, is a water type so cancels out the second and is weak to the third gym. Although that doesn't matter anyways since dugtrio is right around the corner from surge. Charmander is my favorite only because I like the fake fire dragon so much. He definitely isn't better to use if we go by the gyms though he's probably the worse.

>mental gymnastics
yes, the hard option is more difficult, crazy innit

shitmander might be useless at the gyms but the best at killing bugs which makes it overleveled fast.
it's still easy mode unless you are a brainlet who doesn't know how to play a children game

Except Bulbasaur actually gets trounced in Viridian forest and Mt. Moon. Plus you can get an oddish or bellsprout before misty so that doens't qualify. The first fire type you can get is growlithe or vulpix literally halftway through the game. Gyrados is a monstrous water type. Charmander is easiest because you can get a well-rounded team much sooner.

bulbasaur destroys the gyms but has hard time against the flying types and Zubat (double wall it) which are very common early game.
charmander has easy time against wild encounters but is weak against the gyms.
squirtle fares well most of the game so it's the easiest of the the 3 easy modes

Except Blastoise is dogshit in comp play compared to Venusaur. You're fucked if you try to bring it over to Stadium R2.

>Gyrados with 3 moves
Always makes me laugh. This is the flipping champion

Better question would be who you chose for Radical Red. That shit is tough.

we weren't talking about competitive though
Gen1~Gen4 had dogshit pvp anyway

I played it randomized nuzlocke so I didn't choose shit. I think I got a mushroom fairy from one of the more recent gens and spammed strength sap. Made it to misty.

>the hard option has an out in grinding
crazy

This is from the official Gen1 trainer's book lol

Attached: Based.jpg (1080x538, 210.74K)

Probably true. Bulbasaur is thicker and can likely fuck you up more with those vine whips than Charmander's weak flames and Squirtle's weak water guns.

stupid zoomer, Charmander learns Metal Claw precisely to trivialize the first gym

>Metal Claw
>Gen1
kek
also, my little zoomer,
Metal Claw unrironically deals less damage than Ember.
i won't spoonfeed you why

>calls others zoomers while assuming everyone here is thinking about FRLG
Nice job outing yourself

Yeah I never had any issue burning Brock's trashmon while tanking hits from Onix's "litearlly lower than Pikachu's" attack stat.

Do it anyway, I don't care for Gen 1 with earrape.

i remember his gyarados having hydro pump at level 20 in the gameboy versions

Onyx has very low Special stats
Charmander's Ember is a special move + gets STAB damage bonus for being Fire type on Onyx's pathetic special stats.
Metal Claw is a physical move doesn't get much benefit from Charmander's typing or its low physical stats

>weapon is okay in first game
>becomes broken in every single game past the first and is always relatively early game

Attached: file.png (475x475, 92.73K)

>we want fire types to be less useless in Gen2

I see, thanks.

You are welcome, user.