Why didn't Nintendo pursue a romantic relationship between Link and Midna in Twilight Princess?

Why didn't Nintendo pursue a romantic relationship between Link and Midna in Twilight Princess?

Attached: 1650758507497.jpg (662x1024, 181.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/kzr3aw.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why? The game is for children and typically a family game. Shipfags aren't the intended audience and never will be.

>The game is for children
>children's media never has romance in it

Plenty of children's media doesn't have romance, yes. Anything to add?

You're a retard.

So you don't have a reason? Very good.

>midna, demon warlord of all ass and buttocks
>children's media

Attached: midna.gif (422x248, 2.54M)

Anything outside of some subtle ship-teasing would feel off in a Zelda title.
As good as the ship is, turning the game into a romance epic would probably deviate from what a lot of players would want.
Also, while I do prefer Link to respond emotionally to things that happen in the story like in most of the 3d titles as opposed to staying completely stoic, I feel like the Zelda team still wants to keep him as the "link" to the player and thus keep things somewhat ambiguous.
You can tell that he cares for Midna a lot from his various reactions, and there's room for a romantic interpretation in there, but I think it's best it didn't go much further.
The affection they share in the manga on the other hand, is great.

Attached: midna lick.jpg (766x682, 125.58K)

In terms of what the game tries to convey, the girl that has the most romantic tint to her is probably Ilia.
Midna does have her moments though that make her a stronger candidate, and based grannies picked up on that.
>Shipfags aren't the intended audience and never will be.
But also this. Romance isn't a priority.

Attached: ilia.jpg (850x745, 197.8K)

>Ilia
Nobody cares

Wasn't the mangaka behind this a doujin artist who did hardcore lesbian correction gangrape mangas? Or was that another Zelda manga?

Would you care to share how you think it should have gone down?

I would, but I'd get banned.

If that's the case, then it probably couldn't be made into a game.

Not with that attitude.

>In terms of what the game tries to convey, the girl that has the most romantic tint to her is probably Ilia.
It's a shame the game totally forgets about her 10 minutes in

The only way that you could make Zelda content that's somehow safe for a game but not allowed to be posted here is if you changed Epona into an MLP pony, and I doubt that's what you had in mind.

If you want Link to run after Midna at the end and them to rule together and make sweet, sweet love every night then I think that's most of us. Having a twist where Link ditches Hyrule and its princess for the dark princess he fell for is very romantic, but wouldn't really fit the tone for a Zelda game though.

Bestiality is wrong

She really is just in the corner collecting dust for a lot of the game.
I was expecting the manga to push an Ilia romance more than a Midna one, but was pleasantly surprised

>I was expecting the manga to push an Ilia romance more
Doesn't the manga introduce a new romantic girl?

Muh status quo

i feel like i've seen a shitton of threads lately with the twilight princess manga. they never finished scanlating it did they

Midna detractors already complain that she's overrated and steals the spotlight of the game.

If Link actually is confirmed to canonically fall in love with her there would be way more complaints about why some original character in this one game gets to win the Link-bowl when there isn't even the same amount of confirmation for a Princess Zelda.

>when there isn't even the same amount of confirmation for a Princess Zelda

Attached: O_O.png (200x184, 13.81K)

There's ship-teasing, sure, but nothing on the level of what OP is suggesting should be done

they left it to the manga

Attached: 2695515.jpg (724x1112, 496.75K)

there's two pages from the fifth book with a village girl that anons will erroneously cite as the epilogue (ironically enough the link/midna vibe is much stronger in that issue), I don't know what actually happens yet because it's not out in english for two years. I'm probably just going to get the nip verison

Attached: 5215352.jpg (731x1120, 410.87K)

that one archive ends at book eight, which is a couple years old now. I would do it myself but archive.org is a massively frustrating piece of shit.

Appreciate all the Midna threads

Bros, she knows

Attached: FQwnZstXEAYHLe5.png (1260x1950, 135.88K)

right? best content on this board

Attached: midnagoodend253e720470b97952fec6e0ecb5ad5213.jpg (850x601, 154.95K)

She looks like a kid 99 percent of the game

Attached: midna712323.jpg (920x635, 242.66K)

At what point in the game do you propose that it should start getting romantic?
How much time should be devoted to their romance?
How would you make it so it's not overstated and feels out of place in a zelda game?

honestly the way the manga handled was excellent, I just would have ended with link staring pensively at the rufigio village sword wondering if he should pull it and chase after her

Attached: 521515151.jpg (731x1120, 410.94K)

Attached: 1650334302855.jpg (731x1120, 521.92K)

have the properly punctuated version instead

Attached: 251251251.jpg (731x1120, 522.78K)

Sweet

Attached: FQ6StO-aMAE_iO1.jpg (768x837, 114.87K)

For the game, I'd want it to be more subtle.
Have it show link in the epilogue an unspecified amount of time later, with the implication that he's been tempering himself to be worthy to hold all three pieces of the triforce, with the additional implication on top of that that there's something (or someone, in this case) that he plans to wish for.
It ends with him venturing off into the unknown, never to be seen in the world of light again.

Attached: BAKA.jpg (731x1120, 304.13K)

I actually like that. hope some retard from nintendo is here taking notes

Idk if the guy saw this, but I did a follow up to his request in pic related
files.catbox.moe/kzr3aw.jpg

Attached: midna too big.jpg (1875x3000, 647.75K)

impressive

I did see it. You're doing God's work, Cranihum. Thanks for going above and beyond, as usual.

damn that's good

TP is over, user. The ending can't be changed.

the window of time where we could raise enough of a stink about it is over, at the very least.
also, I never would have considered her a tsundere personally. I always thought of tsunderes as the more tropey variety where it's an innate trait where they consistently try to mask their feelings by being prickley

Attached: wiki.jpg (852x116, 38.3K)

Post it.

Attached: midlink.jpg (800x800, 265.83K)

throw in a little scene or two that implies they snuggle together at night for warmth when it's cold

Attached: hugs.jpg (350x400, 68.76K)

How would you have wanted the romance to be handled in the scrapped sequel?

Didn't Link x Midna pretty much confirmed in the manga?

Attached: 875452_9329569.jpg (1200x1674, 415.2K)

link is destined to be in midna

Attached: 257870-41075-preview.jpg (797x901, 79.79K)

there's more demand than any other character in the series, just reincarnate her ffs

Define "confirmed." The manga isn't canon to the games. It's great that it happened though, and that Himekawa were able to see that she's the best girl for Link.
It's basically confirmed in that they're in love, but if you're talking about them ending up together that's still essentially an impossibility.

>He chooses to marry a random village girl in the end

Attached: Twilight Princess Anika.png (1919x949, 1.66M)

Who the fuck is this? Is this the author's self-insert (AGAIN)

again, this is from the fifth book, not the epilogue

Thanks botw for turning Link from a shortstack loving Chad into femboy bait for prison gays

So? Who is she?

she's a villager who takes care of link at after the hero of time brings him there after his fall and fight with dark link, read the manga

Attached: 25151512.jpg (883x1250, 365.32K)

That kinda sucks, yeah.
The days of Chad Links are probably behind us, sadly.

Attached: link tp.jpg (852x1024, 122.87K)

well the last issue of the TP manga was published in January so technically that's not true

I think one of my least favorite things about BoTW Link other than his twinkness is that he doesn't visibly emote.
I get that he's supposed to be the "Link" to the player, but there's a point where being too stoic starts to hurt that connection rather than help.
TP Link is stoic and softspoken, but he gets visibly angry when Colin is kidnapped and gives Midna gentle smiles when she needs them and so on, and that helps because it shows he's a person.
BoTW Link is completely stone-faced no matter what he's faced with, whether it's friends, foes, interactions with Zelda, or Mipha giving him a heartfelt declaration of her devotion

>TP Link is wearing an undershirt, chain-mail, and his tunic on top of that
>despite this you can still how ripped his back muscles are even through all three layers
no wonder Midna liked feeling up his back and shoulders

Attached: midlink1f93949.jpg (1280x669, 227.94K)