Kills physical releases for PC

>kills physical releases for PC
heh... nothin personnell..

Attached: Steam_Logo_with_name.jpg (2172x695, 77.44K)

>implying I don't have backed-up CD/DVD versions of all my favorite games
It's not my fault that you're an unsavvy tard.

whoops wrong pic

Attached: 1619590316253.png (1280x800, 132.88K)

I really do not miss physical media.
Games are preserved through piracy as well.

It was the natural evolution of things as people went from dial-up to broadband, and downloading an entire game over the internet was possible in a reasonable amount of time. If not Valve, someone else would've done it.

i miss not having to download 50gb or more everytime i even wanna try out a new game i just wanna pay and play simple as.

I just had my Steam account hacked because of that discord nitro scamming link.

the fuck do you even need that for lmao

>no 80$ games on PC
and you better fucking say thanks

Need what for what?

I dont miss waiting 10 minutes for games to install from a DVD or even swapping discs.

Get out of the third world and get better internet.

My gaming laptop doesn't have a dvd drive so I'm happy with that

>gaming
>laptop

"physical" releases no longer exist.
The CD you buy now just contains a code or runs a script to verify the online download for the game anyways. The actual games no longer exist on them.

Attached: pm.webm (1280x720, 1.02M)

Imagine being stupid enough to blame Value for this when it was always going to go be a thing.

Why do you even care? Do you know how easy it is to crack the steam drm?? Most games stopped doing physical because why even bother. Not only do most people not use disk drives anymore (Not to mention it's incredibly inefficient. Switching games is a pain in the ass), games rely on day 1 updates usually anyway.

I can understand physical on a lockdown platform like a console though.

>don't have to hear the whirring of a disc drive
>can store a library of games on large SSDs/HDDs
>one less moving part that can break
My PC doesn't even have a disc drive anymore, I don't miss it.

I remember running into it like 6 or 7 years ago when I got gifted a PC game. It had a fake cardboard CD, a steam code, and thats it. One of the most disappointing purchases I've ever made and I'll never buy another physical PC game again.

>I just had my Steam account hacked because of that discord nitro scamming link.

you only have yourself to blame for that user

Attached: 1639958307659.png (468x529, 498.28K)

DRM sucks but I enjoy not having to have a shitty disc drive
it makes cases more aesthetic in general

I don't return games even if I don't like them. I just like having the case with artwork

Its not just PC, even consoles now a days are just starting to put codes for their store in OR force an "online verification" before youre allowed to play because the game isnt really on there.
When you have games like the new call of duty that are 200gb on ps4 that is not fitting on the single disc they give you.

deserved retard

This is why I have steam guard + have my phone number connected to it. So I can easily reclaim my shit if this ever happens

Good. Everyone forgets how awful was DRM during the end of the 90s and early 00s. At was just better to pirate a game than dealing with whatever DRM the publisher wanted to push. Also, no disc drive on PCs and laptops is great. The only good thing about physical releases were the manuals and all the other extra stuff but those died years before Steam even became a thing

No one has forgotten, it's just zoom zoom's thinking this shit is bad.

How the fuck did you fall for that?

The worst I've ran into for consoles so far are the disks and switch cartridges that only have a small bit of data on them and require you to download the rest. Which is fucking garbage too but it hasn't reached the cardboard CD level yet. The worst is that the next gen console disks can hold 100GB but even games that are 50GB will require you to download 30GB of that and only 20 is on the disk.

I hate it so much.

God I miss manuals.

Attached: eKHQLLa.jpg (1837x1350, 1.04M)

>When you have games like the new call of duty that are 200gb on ps4
Newest cod was around 50 gb on launch dude

>OH NO MY ROOM ISN'T CLUTTERED WITH CHEAP PLASTIC BOXES MY LIFE IS RUINED

Remember to NEVER throw away your box, the manual, or even the health manuals. Keep everything since you're likely going to need it just to make sure you actually bought the game. DRM was creative, but it was still DRM.

I had that on.

Then it should be simple enough to get it back? Contact customer support.

it's just data running on a proprietary storage device
wake up

all my physical pc games are bootleg burned discs

Attached: heheh.jpg (500x333, 131.38K)

I'm 40 and I don't miss physical releases.

Why are zoomers so excited about them?

coomlector dopamine

Anyone who makes this claim clearly wasn't around back then. PC Physical releases were second class citizens. Consoles got all the shelf space, PC sat in the back next to Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing and Reader Rabbit. Not only that, but unless your game was published by Bluzzard, good luck getting on that shelf because the giant ass Starcraft/Warcraft boxes took up all the space. Once WoW made its debut, you were gone.

Attached: 29a93619-e1b0-457a-938e-d76b7ba441c1_1.26ae1c471276c33bfca9e2fbd1e84a65.jpg (2000x2000, 260.55K)

Yeah, it's in the process. I gave them all my info. I should have a response soon. It's been two hours.

Same reason they freak out about CRTs. Its like finding ancient technology to them.
Its strange because I don't know of any other generation doing this.

Here's hoping it goes without a hitch. Fucking hate the third world shit stains that spread malware and steal shit that plague the internet.

even in an apocalyptic world, internet will still be there. or atleast the files and hardware.

Friend on Twitch got his account hacked. "He" sent me a message about giving him nitro through this mispelled 'discord' link.

My friend was Kenuty BTW. The SEA dude that would stream with Eva Xephon.

>waiting for a cd drive to spin at 4 million rpm that's still slower than 00s internet speeds
>BUT MUH PLASTIC LICENSE

>blames third world when first world enables them

I don't care who does it desu. They should be gutted.

Social media points for showing off your collection.

still your fault. don't ever trust anyone unconditionally. if even my brother sent me a dubious link i will doubt him

>Physical releases
No. You will own nothing.

>Someone who actually experience PC gaming and not just overheard through a YouTuber/twitch influencer mouthpiece
Why are you still here user? How are you still here? All of the others left a long while ago, but you didn't follow them.

Attached: link-kneel.jpg (1146x874, 70.03K)

for me was direct2drive and not steam. i loved being able to download game installers with no need for a client to run the game.

I've noticed weird postings from him. How do you get your Twitch hacked? Why are people trying to hack him?

I own every game now shithead, didn't think of that now did you gabe?

I got nowhere else to go...

Attached: crwYhepeBgXpayl5U-EMMuVqYK9o7x53ShR9-mlYyj4.jpg (1021x1090, 109.98K)

I'm such an angry video game nerd, look at my shelf of garbage

Not having to swap disks is the biggest blessing digital games bestowed upon us.

Unfortunately same. I pop in sometimes like today and frequently enough to know what's going on here most of the time. Pretty cool seeing someone here who actually remembers what it was actually like for the PC back then. You and that other user.

Getting nostalgic for a time that doesn't belong to them because current times feels shitty to live in. I honestly don't blame anyone who gets excited with old stuff rather than new stuff.

I don't miss physical PC releases at all. Everything just gets to live on my spare external drives if I really want to save it, and in the event that a game disappears or a whole storefront disappears then piracy will fill in that gap easily

Once you get here you never get to truly leave

Physical releases had already died out. Gaben identified the service problem with PC gaming being PC customers couldn't find a physical box to buy. You can mostly thank Gamestop for killing all the hobby shops that used to be in town, and then packing their shelves with nothing but overpriced USED copies of console games which were pure profit for fucking Gamestop.

I think it's kind of cool. I basically withdrew myself from modern games and seeing that they are liking that stuff too proves that these older games and consoles really did have something special about them. I assume it's easier for me to go back an play than them, but still. Whether they are being genuine other than trying to fit in to a trend/fad I don't know.

Digital games are so much better than physical, they had to actually put artificial limitations on them. Ask yourself about any downside of digital video games, and you'll be dumbfounded at how many are purposeful limitations put in to make them seem inferior.

>DRM?
>installation limits?
>you will own nothing?

All of them put in place by third parties to restrict just how good digital media is. For example, I have a rom of super metroid that I objectively have more control over, compared to the physical cartridge of Super Metroid. Which one of these can I endlessly copy and make backup copies of? Which one can I seamlessly use on any computer that I choose? Which one can I modify to my heart's content? Which one can I actually put on a physical cartridge, incase I want to play it on an authentic SNES?

See where I'm going here?

>all these steam cultists
I don't know what is worse, samefagging or that there's so many retards defending it.

Personally I don't own a console but the worst I've seen was a download code in a collector edition. The new Horizon Zero game's collector edition has a steelcase but it doesn't come with a cd copy, only a download code.

Not true for PS4/5 at least you get a offline 1.0 version

>someone doesn't agree with me?! They must be a mindless cultist with no sense of willpower or being!
You're such a sheep.

lol u mad

i haven't bought physical since 2009.

Remove the DRM and what's the issue?

This. Digital gives you so much control over the thing you just have that they had to actively gimp it so its not as easy to the clueless user on how to take full advantage of it.