Are you excited for Street Fighter 6? What are you hoping for in the new release...

Are you excited for Street Fighter 6? What are you hoping for in the new release? Aside from parrying and Gill returning, I am hoping there is no dlc and no crappy or demeaning costumes for any of the women-identified characters in the game.

Attached: garbag.jpg (2128x2159, 1.69M)

>Are you excited for Street Fighter 6?
no, the female characters are going to be ugly as fuck

they are going to put in down-down shoryuken inputs and the genre will be ruined forever

no

but luke doesn't have a down-down input in V and he's supposed to be a teaser for 6

Very much so, I wish we'd get more news sooner
>What are you hoping for in the new release?
I trust the current direction of Capcom but I hope the game has better singleplayer content and a more accessible gameplay (without sacrifying depth)

I hope not. Ed and Falke's "simplified" commands were the worst.

My main hopes are:
>a good fucking netcode so i dont have to play through a slideshow every time i fight online
>female characters dont look like shit
>the same fight money system so i can play for new characters instead of buying them
>karin in the starting roster

Attached: 1621177294297.jpg (1200x860, 887.75K)

A lot, the newgen fighters that have come out so far are complete shit, I can't wait to have a good newgen fighter to play.

as someone who has played fightan for like a decade i genuinely found them harder to play than just doing inputs, especially Luke's rapid punch thing. i don't know how that's easy mode

No makoto?
No buy.

Attached: sample-a4c34f7b817e43f9e569952865cd09b3.jpg (850x850, 185.88K)

>Luke's rapid punch thing
Ed's*

You don't play her.

It's the first big budget SF game since SFIII
Of course I am

Attached: 1905c92388b7da28cd9c4c5f4ed00e9b.png (739x800, 342.83K)

Correct, I'm a Vega main.

I hope they don't lean too hard into the ghetto MMA aesthetic and we can still get weirdo anime characters

Attached: file.png (500x547, 289.1K)

just go play aniturd discord fighter #999

>no crappy or demeaning costumes for any of the women-identified characters in the game

Tell us your gay without telling us you're gay

They butchered Karin in the final update, so I'm not having hopes of seeing her in the initial roster

Capcom never liked her, or seeing her winning tournaments

No, I like Street Fighter.

Attached: FNZCs0-UcAITaC1.png (568x632, 286.86K)

She's 100% gonna be in the game. Shes the number one most requested character who didnt make it into 5, they would be retarded to not add her.
... which is actually cause to believe she might not be in it, because capcom will always make retarded decisions when given the chance

Attached: 1616459064192.png (1200x895, 633.54K)

>I am hoping there is no dlc
holy fucking retard

I'm excited for people to magically declare SFV is a good game because it's not the new one. I'm also hoping they make SFVI even more accessible to get FGC people seething

Ah, yes, Street Fighter's Baiken

I'm mildly excited. Curious what the new mechanic will be this time, they tend to not re-use things from old games.
I don't they will bring back parrying ever and I'm not sure I would want them too. There's lots of other smaller mechanics from games I'd like back. Like the Universal overhead or super jumps from 3S, or all the air and ground recoveries from Alpha 3 or the guard meter or especially multiple supers or at least selectable supers. Maybe not all of them in one game but some of these would be interesting. I'm sorta hoping for more movement options really.

>hopes
I trust Capcom after how they handled the final moments of SFV. What I'm worried is if they learned their lesson about singleplayer and casual pandering and I'm not talking about arcade mode, that's the bare minimum, I hope SF6 has a full-fledged casual experience like MK does for example, that's the best way to attract new players, not dumbing down like Strive did.

What is the % chance of my favourite Street Fighter character getting in?

Attached: 1578679505253.jpg (700x800, 128.13K)

The last two patches of SFV have made a game that launched as shit and lived in mediocrity into a very fun and varied game, but that's with 6 years of content dripped into it. Even if the mechanical basis and design of 6 is better, I hope that all the RE & MH money at least tries to help SF6 launch with sufficient content. If not, it'll be a game to wait on until the title update comes that adds more, which will in turn hurt the launch sales and lower the budget of that later content in a way that will hurt the game in the long run, so I hope they just put effort into the base game this time.

In terms of characters, most of the characters I've liked to use aren't likely:
>Hawk
Season 3 of DLC fodder, probably gets design rework.
>Sodom
Has a chance if only because he's so obscure and hasn't been around for so long, but I'm not holding my breath
>Yang/Q
Yang is only getting in if Yun does and I don't care about Yun. G is just better than Q in almost every way so I don't mind him being the replacement.
>Hakan/Poison
Hakan is never-ever tier. Poison was in V but completely changed when I liked her IV playstyle more.
>Alex/Abigail/Gill
Alex has a good chance honestly. Abigail is NEVER EVER, way too many people think he's ugly and annoying to fight, so they'll just bring Hugo back instead. Gill has a chance depending on what 6's story does but given that they dropped him into V they might not; it's a shame because I only picked him up with the new patch that makes him feel like a complete character.

Attached: 1613089323816.jpg (1503x1065, 232.28K)

people have been saying sfv is good for a while

I don't know why people say this I see plenty people play her on fightcade. Not like the most popular character of all but she's pretty common enough. Did people not like her 4 version?

0%
He doesn't fit with the new art style and the leak said Dhalsim is in the game

characters are probably going to be super ugly just like 5, so im not that interested...

dunno bout yall, but i had like 4 makoto players in my acceptable delay area. Considering how remote my shithole is, i'd say she was fairly popular.

After Strive and KoF15 embarrassing launches this game will determine if fighting games live or die

We've barely seen the new art style honestly. I really want to see what the weirdos will look like in it, I mean even Dhalsim is going to look super fucked up in the realistic art style.

what leak, the only thing online i saw was some fag saying there was a team mechanic and ono was the lead on it until he wasn't

he's so much more fun that Dhalsim I'm sick of being forced to play that dude

Attached: necro-down.jpg (600x655, 108.72K)

Outside the stretching limbs Dhalsim looks human, Necro does not

I hope all the girls in the game get a cute wedding dress costumes and perhaps the appearance of characters from another franchises of capcom like akira

Attached: 1642462142578.jpg (476x950, 58.98K)

>I am hoping there is no dlc
What year do you think it is boomer

He's just albino Dhalsim with some tattoos and bondage pants. Got a big nose but you can make that smaller, more realistic looking. He's not even the craziest looking character in 3S in my opinion, imagine Oro or Twelve in this realistic art style. Shit imagine Blanka.

The RE Engine giving the characters more detail doesn't mean we can't see weirdo designs. The same engine has very stylized games on it, and even in the teaser we have Ryu's build and Luke's face looking exaggerated.

The lack of Chun in the teaser was a bad decision as it's putting people on edge for no reason. Chun (and Juri) costumes probably made more money than most full characters in SFV, and she's been crossing over everywhere she can with Ryu lately, they're going to keep her the same.

You're looking forward to retweeting it. You're an activist, not a fan of fighting games.

Yeah third strike weirdos shouldn't appear ever again. Blanka would work.

can somebody stop using gorilla mode proportions for sf? it's ugly as fuck.

I am excited for no modern fighting games as long as developers try to simplify characters and remove execution barriers all for people who wont play the game more than a week anyway. I like KOF XV but I dont think a successful fighting game that actually feels like a fighting game will ever come out again.

I think Necro can be improved, he's almost good already. I wouldn't mind them taking another shot an him. I think Twelve could be interesting if they play more into his shapeshifting monster stuff. Oro can stay though, I've had enough of him.

>I like KOF XV
Imagine saying this after what you typed out, KOF XV has autocombos, the leniest input buffer ever and looks like complete shit on top of having disfunctional networking

Can they return juri to her SF4 state? Why take away most of her moves in 5?

Attached: juri_final2_by_neoartcore-da81258.jpg (700x990, 133.05K)

Remy is the only one I can realistically see come back if they upgrade his moveset like they did to Nash in SFV instead of just being a Guile clone
Necro has personality and isn't just a Dhalsim clone per se but he's still too weird and needs a redesign at the very least or he's gonna stand out like a sore thumb

I just want more sweaty muscle girls

Attached: xQADSzN.png (1800x1900, 230.36K)

the only thing i miss from sf4 juri is her divekick, the moves she has in sfv are more fun and useful. no one used her counter dash special and the fireballs don't fit juri personality at all

>weirdo electric dhalsim ruski
>in current political climate
I would not bet on this

I could be wrong and biased but it seems like most people didn't like SFV Juri as much as her original version, gameplay or visually, so I think it's possible they return some of her old stuff. they might try to reinvent her again though who knows.

I'm very excited for SF6 but before I fully commit to the hype I need to say what Chun-Li looks like, my biggest fear with this new artstyle is them going the Dead or Alive route and making the girls flat planks

Not to mention he has a loli companion. They were in the background of the Halloween stage in SFV, but i dont know how thats possible, timeline wise

After shitshow of a V release, would not get into it till at least one iteration. Whatever they will call it, super, arcade or hyperturbo edition

>What are you hoping for in the new release?
GOOD netcode
normal matchmaking with MMR instead of ladder shit
normal sized hands and feet on female characters

>Fireballs don't fit her personality

Tf does this even mean.

I don't think Effie is a loli she's just short and Necro is really tall. She's like a Harley Quinn or Jinx type, I bet she would be popular these days. Honestly if I have to choose I'd take he rover Necro as a new playable character. I think in lore she is also an Illuminati experiment of some kind, she probably has weird ass powers.

The simplification of inputs and the lowering of execution barriers are both touchy subjects, but I think they can be done properly. Motionless games can have difficult execution and competitive depth IF you design around them, while autocombos are generally worthless additions since they're designed to be far from optimal (or in DBFZ, where they're more useful in neutral than in combos).

Input buffers aren't really an issue if they're only a handful of frames though, and I don't get the distaste for them. SF is the only game with a link-based combo system these days (most games focus on chains or juggles with very occasional links, and honestly SFV is nearly 50/50 with how many target combos and juggle routes exist in it) and so when you have a buffer in most other games it at best makes certain hitconfirms a little easier, which is something you can account for.

All that said, I much prefer when new IPs try to experiment with simpler systems than existing franchises. SF moving away from motions, links, and 6 buttons would feel wrong. Sidegrades like MvC2 to MvC3 are fine, though, and if it's an IP's first go then I don't mind either (see: DNF Duel, which I'm very excited for despite having small movesets, easy input options, etc.)

Attached: 1645610422444.gif (560x531, 179.34K)

>GOOD netcode
granted
>normal matchmaking with MMR instead of ladder shit
granted
>normal sized hands and feet on female characters
over my dead body

Attached: hashimoto.jpg (403x403, 15.49K)

Pretty sure that was the case, her and necro escaped the facility where they were being experimented on together

>juri
>turtling with fireballs from full screen

Just don't add Strive's gameplay.

Menat and Juri in the launch roster (and, of course, not looking ugly or having their bodies nerfed MK11 style) would get me to buy this day one, probably.

Attached: 1649458155509.jpg (1920x1200, 308.71K)

>links
I honestly think they'd be way better if you just had a nice sound effect or something when you manage to hit one correctly. Whether you actually hit something or not feels very vague

Is Capcom really going to go through with that leaked document about appealing hard to westerners with censorship, ugly females, etc?
Or did the flop of RE3R and the positive reception to Lady Dimitrescu in RE8 made them change their minds?

>juri
>turtling with fireballs from full screen
But you don't turtle with them. They are her combo tools.

what do you mean by MMR

lewd mods

Attached: ad1c81ec914400cef3c4057aa750dfeb.jpg (858x1200, 861.72K)

you have never played sf4 in your life outside training stage

Luke's gameplay seems to be the basis for SF6; way more target combos without getting rid of links. If links become more rare, then giving you positive feedback for them would be good (and help casuals better understand them, as you kind of inherently need to know what frame data is to know about links).

Attached: 1645422056113.png (911x990, 387.86K)

FIX THE FUCKING ART STYLE

Chris "Ryu" Redfield

Not that guy but can't you just shorten the distance the fireballs travel so that they can't be used as a long range turtling tool? Maybe the ex goes fullscreen but the rest no so much.

a rating that estimates player skill using statistics, used in every single other genre to match together players with similar skill levels. SFV's ladder is a very poor approximation of this that shafts new players especially.
It's very easy to do for 1v1 and it's weird that no fighting games have done it yet, outside of I think the casual queue in NRS games (which I don't play because they're ugly and feel bad)

I'm gonna miss the strongfat bitches

no other game gives me what I need

Attached: 1648747264348.jpg (1536x801, 291.52K)

I can't wait to see more, SFV S5 and the SF6 teaser were amazing

>no crappy or demeaning costumes for any of the women-identified characters in the game.
back 2 resetera

Attached: 1440362137675.png (313x382, 132.58K)

Attached: 1531129768918.png (500x669, 134.66K)

Juri's fireballs linger a long time in SFIV which makes up for their range, you can get within halfscreen of her but it's still difficult to get point blank if you have bad anti-zoning tools.

>normal sized hands and feet on female characters
you cowardly so-and-so

Attached: E-AnvIBXEAksb4l.jpg (3840x2160, 1.03M)

Someone answer me?

I played for quite a while. Why would you engage in a fireball wars with a divekick character with excellent dash? Store a fireball and go nuts.