Just started playing sea of thieves, and I'm starting to really enjoy it...

Just started playing sea of thieves, and I'm starting to really enjoy it. I think now that it's been a while there seems to be a lot to do, which seemed like a pretty common complaint for the game on release.
Does Yea Forums enjoy swashbuckling adventure?

Attached: Sea_of_thieves_cover_art.jpg (275x350, 35.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/gonzod/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the community is really toxic.

>find the cosmetic set i enjoy the most
>unlock it
>now have literally nothing to do
it's an open world exploration game with no progression or reward for exploring

Wanted to do the tall tales because pirate adventures, but they're fucking maddening when you get blown up by a galleon of screeching russians and have to spend hours doing the same shit again. I never met anyone in the game that didnt immediately try to kill you even if they're aware that you have nothing of value

I feel like i rarely even see other players though, and when i do i'm pretty good at getting my sloop out before they can even make a favorable shot

>even if they're aware that you have nothing of value
Nothing in this game has any value. People PvP because its fun

There is the pirate legend stuff, and the uber expensive dark adventurer shit, i would consider that a goal of sorts.

same here. did a few with two friends but we rarely play stuff together, would love to go do more because they're pretty comfy but i just get annihilated constantly lol

Is AC4 still the only somewhat decent single player pirate game? Sea of Thieves is fun for awhile but the MMO-lite gameplay is boring and gets repetitive.

there is literally nothing to do because you spawn with all the best equipment in the game, and all the best boats. its the most retarded game ever.

played it once with friends. all the other players on voice were 10 year olds on an xbox. if you kill people while doing an island mission and sink their boat they will return over and over before you even finished hte mission. worst game design ever. dont know why you would post this.

>"progression"
What? You don't like killing skellies?

The first eight-nine months of the game were really rough with virtually no content to speak of, it's a wonder I made it to Legend
Things are a lot better now but it's still a game best played with friends when you're hunting down Xbox weenies

Attached: gibbs crab dab.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Sid Meier's Pirates! is pretty fun despite its age.

>wake up
>decide to play sea of thieves
>yar har har
>solo sloop time
> too lazy to loot island so i just grab a handful of fire bombs and chainshot then leave
>throw up reapers emissary in case anyone wants to pvp
>see brig. It has a reapers figurehead and the crew are wearing the reapers outfit
>that means they want to pvp
>pepper the hull then drop one of their masts with a well placed chainshot
>suddenly coms "what are you doin? we din do nuthin! Fuk you faggot! Bruh fuck off!"
>My headset is not plugged in so I cannot tell them that I am also enjoying pvping with them
>they spin in circles and never get a shot off
>run out of cannon balls. Should have looted island
>Shoot myself over to them
>light their ship on fire, drop their anchor, and kill all of them
>"fuk you bruh you suck your trash"
>Want to let them also know that I had fun too so I go to type into chat
>Type "lmao"
>its censored
>get reapers 5 from all of their loot
>i hope they know I had fun and enjoyed their effort

>the only point of gaming is to grind
Where the fuck did this mindset come from?
You know that you can play the game on its own merit, right? I play this game because I enjoy the gameplay. I don't understand how every fucking retard got convinced into only playing games with endless progression systems as their only catch.

>You know that you can play the game on its own merit, right?
Except the gameplay isn't fun either.

Basically this. The game is utter shit. The only thing it has going for it is PVP, but the combat and the way respawns work is so badly designed that it's fucking baffling. I don't understand how Rare is so incompetent.

this shit sucks my dude why did you even make this thread

Game sucks.
t. pirate legend

Tried playing with my brother for the quests and PvE content but the kill on sight mentality that everybody else seems to have put us off.
>sailing to quest thing
>playing music and chilling
>dude spawns on our boat and explodes a barrel somewhere
>taking in a bunch of water
>try to fix it
>he pulls ninja shit phasing in and out of reality
>not allowed to fix ship
>all we can do is play music while ship goes down
>guy says we need to PvP, this place is not friendly
>sink
>his last words is just sorry
>quit and uninstall
I just wanted to chill and do quests with my bro

Attached: 1264735936928.jpg (90x128, 4.17K)

After you get targeted a few times and sunk, losing everything, you realize that this is just the way of the sea, bud. If you see someone, either run the fuck away or go kill them. It sucks but this is just how the game is because Rare wouldn't make PvE only servers or private ones. God ignores us.

Idk man I've got around 300 hours of just pvp. It's pretty good if your definition of good isnt just unlocking parts of a spread sheet.

I need more people to play SoT with.

steamcommunity.com/id/gonzod/

Attached: 20220423203522_1.jpg (1600x900, 193.75K)

>online interactions where anything can happen aren't fun
Unless you hinder yourself by sucking at sailing, gunning, and fighting, you really can have a lot of fun.

Never put your anchor down, that way it takes really long to be sent to another server with new players. I grinded my way to pirate legend by doing that and farming skull forts.

>get a great haul at 3am in the morning
>see a reaper level 5 running at us
>go straight at them because it'll be delaying the inevitable
>fights fun and they eventually beat us
>calls for ggs and give us their treasure for being good sports

Attached: 1650677742632.png (3178x4017, 3.8M)

Pvp is a central mechanic. The fear of losing everything is what drives the game. If this was gone I guarantee you'd lose interest immediately. Just look at Escape From Tarkov shitters who use the offline progression mod. Oh wait you can't because none of them stick around past a few hours.

The only good thing about this game is the PVP; and even that is objectively shit. It's spastic and simplistic with no variety of weapons or tactics. The skill ceiling is so low you have to crawl on your face to get under it. It's like babby's first FPS, which makes sense, because everything about the design and the disney tie ins makes it seem tailor made to appeal to children under 10.

Did they add progression to this game yet or is it still some soulless zoomer ganking game?

>If this was gone I guarantee you'd lose interest immediately.
I lose interest when hours of my game time go to waste because of some nigger

The best experience I ever had with the PvP was avoiding it by a friend cannonballing himself onto the pursuing ship and forcing it to drop anchor.

That's the problem with these people, they play a game with PvP as a core mechanic and where all gear can be accessed right away so no one is really ever imba, yet they think they should be able to avoid PvP at all times, never interact with it, and never even take steps to avoid it. Then when PvP happens they suck even though the skill floor is as low as humanely possible in this game, they blame the game and PvPers when really it's entirely their fault.
Every friend I've introduced to this game and gotten to PvP has gone from trash to stomping people within a few hours and loved it. Every friend who wouldn't PvP and screamed "noooo I just want to sail I don't want to PvP in a PvP game" has gotten bored and then threw a tantrum when the unavoidable PvP happened. Why even play the game if you're not going to touch 75% of it?

It's law of the jungle. What timezone do you often play in?

>nooo I need to see imaginary number go up I dont want to play game I want number go up
Good riddance.

yeah, it's based. Open voice and text chat between all crews and most people are openly hostile. One of the last bastions.

I will avoid any and every interaction with you and you will do nothing but seethe as I slip away from your sweaty grasp

>immediately try to kill you even if they're aware that you have nothing of value
I don't even take the treasure people are carrying, we simply sink their ship and move onto to the next target and let their loot behind to sink beneath the waves

I just wanted to do the kino tall tales with friends, but I lost them when every time we tried to do the second one, we were beset by someone who would just not leave us alone. Now they uninstalled and I have no one to play with.

We will never run into each other and I will continue to stomp poor Mexican children playing the game on game pass

Be my guest.

I check it for storage crates because looting islands is lame

PvP chads, rise up

Attached: 2022-04-24_20-49-09.jpg (1369x1222, 550.52K)

>just started playing
Come back when you can form an accurate assessment

My website tracker is bugged and it refuses to track me at all.

Me too but I get bored in a few weeks, also dead game

somehow the PvP and the actual island exploration are the worst parts of the game. actually sailing the seas with your niggers is the greatest shit

There are a LOT of pussies in this thread who never stepped foot in the wilderness of runescape and it fucking shows. Nothing like the trill of feverishly offloading your solo sloop emissary level 5 loot at an outpost while 3-4 reapers are on their way to fuck your shit up

The only thing to really do in this game is farm new people who haven't yet realised that gold doesn't actually do anything and the only thing you can use it for is cosmetics.

>runescape
trash game with absolute cookie-cutter builds

Fashion flex simulators like this are what I live for

Yea isn't it great?

i'm noticing a trend of the worst human beings coming together in all or nothing PvP games

>dead game
funny thing is that it as of this very moment has 24,101 players online on Steam, whereas Halo Infinite, which is F2P, has 7,978

SoT is literally more alive than Halo lmao

We've already established that the only people who don't flourish in the game are manchildren that can't PvP, creative voids that can't dress up their pirates and ships, and cowards, like you.

>hits you with an anchor ball
>sail away while you thrash and wail in the water

Attached: 1631938153709.gif (480x464, 3.47M)

>you're literally worse than hitler if you make me lose at this game!
I love '22 brand of hyperbole, it really makes conversations a dead end.

don't act like a nigger and you won't be called a nigger. doesn't matter what your skin tone is

You've ever seen that happen in a youtube video. My favorite time of 'tardos trying to imitate some youtuber was this galleon tried to do a rowboat play and slip away with all the athena loot they had been stacking. They failed though, we caught the rowboat, raped the e-girls rowing it, then sailed it back to cash in our Athena Chest steals for the commendation.

gonna need a monkeyspeak amulet for this post

It's good fun but Rare has the habit of making things take way too fucking long. Tall Tales are neat but overstay their welcome super hard. Shit like fort of the Damned or Fort of Fortune take way too long to activate/complete and I'm usually bored out of my mind by the time you even activate them