Why don't you play fighting games?

Why don't you play fighting games?

You ARE a hardcore gamer who likes difficult games right?

Attached: 1649937459364.jpg (1286x1754, 245.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-pglxege-gU)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

community sucks

bots are fun

>Why don't you play fighting games?
i do though
>You ARE a hardcore gamer who likes difficult games right?
>implying i play for anything but fun with friends
lmoa

I don't like losing to autists who spend 5000 hours practising their touch of death combos

Already did when I was younger, had a ton of fun and learned fundamentals

>why not now

Modern fighting games suck, have no actual lifespan and my time is better spent doing other activities.

Attached: 1649394040404.png (1846x1900, 3.71M)

Yea Forums is always very vocal about games getting "casualized" but always demands fighting games to become casualized.

Fgs are not about combos only shit ones like gg, tekkuck are

Yea Forums complains about fighting games being casualised, but they either don't play the games or are shit at them so it makes no difference

>new player ask Yea Forums what fighting game they should play
>get recommended discord fighters and shitty airdashers
Yeah no wonder no one here plays fighting games

That title as le "hardcore gaymer" is not that cool as you try to make it. Im an honest gamer and I play vidya for my own entertainment and I hate cancerous and mainstream games. I do play 3rd strike on fightcade casually though

Feel free to play jive with the other shitters

too hard for me, I can't do the combos reliably even offline and I can't react fast enough to what's going on

>Yea Forums
>hardcore

This has never been true in the history of this board. Yea Forumstards are super casual.

played an enjoyed dbfz until i hit a wall, the ai got too autistic to beat, so i quit

Attached: alex barin.jpg (1920x1277, 308.5K)

see me in nitroplus

my mans literally just said the ai got too autistic to beat LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 20220020180074553.png (786x1054, 1.18M)

>nigger speak
Your average FGC chimp.

Literally impossible to find a character who like both gameplay and design wise. Suffering

I'm bad at regular video games, do any fighting games exist for tards with old man reflexes?

Attached: 1647325657114.jpg (750x524, 19.28K)

try Tekken, you don't need reflexes in a single player rhythm game

sf5

i do
im not

feeling intimidated?

Guilty Gear Strive should be good for you

The UNIST threads died on Yea Forums and I lost interest in keeping up since everyone migrated to Strive.

All my friends moved away. Fuck playing against faceless Mexicans, there’s no soul to online fightan.

I feel like either youve been playing fighting games since the late 90s or 09, or you just dont play fighting games.

Attached: 1641941426550.png (800x419, 553.56K)

Precisely, fighters are shallow and simple.

I fucking hate playing fighting games because of the amount of inflated egoed nig nogs I have to deal with. They'll play the cheesiest character in the most fraudulent way and have the gall to act like they're good. Fuck you.

Attached: 1648689010392.jpg (1125x911, 85.07K)

Don't listen to shills. DOA and Soulcalibur are great fg for total amateurs, you don't have to(but you can) master combos to be the best. Of course there are some mechanics you need to learn, but it's not a sick shit like in tekken or street fighter where you need to make every millisecond correct hit otherwise fuck you.

fighting games aren't difficult, they just have shitty MM

I want to play arcana heart but nobody plays it.

There's not enough players for proper matchmaking in these games

name 10 recent fgs that are not about combos right now

I play fighting games but the main issue why most people don't play them or not for long is the quagmire that is acquiring a proper controller for these games.
You can't simply play them and not be frustrated on a regular controller.

Beautiful women beaten and broken by disgusting, filthy, men.

What's wrong with a dualshock? And people can also just play on keyboard if they're a pc fag

Duaclshock drops diagonals all the time, you cant be consistent in the most basic bread and butter motions for any character + if you play a Capcom game you need more buttons, as many of the moves that require multiple button presses are made for stick button layout and are very impractical on controller.

don't care. still playing melty and strive

Attached: 1649190805555.jpg (1853x2100, 290.29K)

Playing on keyboard is good for movement but bad for the other buttons.

Yes there is, at least in the popular ones. SFV, Tekken, and Strive all have thousands of players online at any given time, so if you're playing at peak hours for your region there should at least be several hundred others queuing up.
Add the fact that you have relatively short games and only need 2 players for a match instead of cobbling together 10 and the situation really isn't that bad.

Japanese developers are just incompetent and think they're still stuck in the arcades

Ive done tens of thousands of matches in #Reload's fan made online patch back in the day, I can;t stand Strive.

A couple of thousands is very small when you factor in who is at your level and who has good enough connection to play with.
If they had 10K+ on each continent, that would be healthy size.
But 2-3k worldwide is nothing.

BECAUSE I SUCK AT THEM.
IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?
I SUCK AT FIGHTING GAMES.
I BOUGHT A FUCKING STICK TO REMOVE WHATEVER PERCEIVED "CONTROLLER ISSUES" I MIGHT'VE HAD AND I'M STILL SHIT.
I SPENT MY TIME LABBING, FIGHTING FRIENDS, TRYING TO CLIMB THE LADDER AND I'M STILL GARBAGE.
SO I QUIT, IT'S NOT FOR ME, I WILL NEVER BE GOOD AT THEM.

Attached: suck.jpg (720x844, 72.52K)

They're so uncomfortable to use compared to stick

Attached: 1646885437325.jpg (500x667, 53.04K)

That's why I got gud with RTS games. Fighting games are boring, too static for me. It's like playing everything in a vacuum. I'd rather play games with more variables.

Attached: 1329618201615.gif (463x634, 8.79K)

Where is the cross platform play? Why do fighting games not have this feature?

Did you put hundreds of hours and thousands of matches into them? What do you even define as sucking?

Why is this a recurring daily thread for fighting games specifically?
Is the FGC slowly dying and is trying to pull new people in or something?
Do they just want nubs to beat on so they can actually get a win in?
What's actually going on here?

Attached: 4chanFrog.png (543x445, 236.18K)

Most people are going to be playing when you're playing.
Rule of thumb for good matchmaking (from youtu.be/-pglxege-gU) is that you need 40 * number of players per game in the queue for it to work, for FGs that's just 80.

Everyone should play on hitbox

lack of tutorials downfall of fighting games genre

Attached: FRGpZoZaAAEs_QM.jpg (584x921, 71.55K)

Fighting games don't have features which have been mainstays on competitive games since the 90s.
SFV and Strive don't have any in-game chat functions that arent garbage pre-selected phrase shit.
There is no region/country/city chatrooms to meet people who arent on the other side of a continent.
They are missing so many QoL Features. IN SFV You have to MM with one char only. Something low being able to bad certain matchups would do wonders for low-tier chars for example, yet I don't think a fighting game has ever given you the ability to have a ban pool or similar, even though it would improve the games' fun tremendously.

And on and on...

Yes I did. I get distracted easily and get too much of a rush in tight matches, which always makes me fuck up and costs me the win.
I'm too weak for it. I tried many things to accustom myself with it but it's just not gonna happen. Even after thousands of matches from 3rd strike through SFV to Strive when it gets tight I get all adrenaliney and fuck up.
I will never be good at fighting games.

I don’t really play video games anymore

new fighting games have by far the most autistic and detailed tutorials of any genre, they don't help because having a good tutorial doesn't stop you from getting stomped by someone better than you once you go online
MOBAs are far more complex and get away without this because they just match players based on skill.

LMAO the absolute state of cope in the FGS.

playing fighting games is the exact same thing as speedrunning
you do the same thing over and over again, only autists and trannies enjoy this

Attached: fighting game players.jpg (275x183, 7.27K)

They don;t They have trials where they show you combos but thats completely useless to a new player.
A new player needs a gameplan.
In A situation, you do X.
In B -> Y.
In C -> Z.

Etc.
Explaining their normals and some bnb combos does nothing to improve their game.

Literally no one plays through tutorials besides anoraks. Fighting games need to teach people in a way besides going through tons of tutorial stages that bore the fuck out of people

You might be decent at these games and have really shit self-esteem lol

>difficult
spamming buttons and combos again and again, doing the same shit over again. BORING.

I'm just retarded.

Strive has specific tutorials on how to beat certain tools by different characters. MBTL has worse tutorials than Uni but there's still sections on strategy. Skullgirls has fucktons of tutorials that everyone praised but it's not going to help you when you're in an actual match against someone ten times better than you and you're being looped by 60 hit combos into resets.

And, again, other genres manage fine without this. AoE2 doesn't need a detailed multiplayer tutorial that teaches you how to fast castle or how to respond to drushes because if you jump online it'll match you with another shitter just fine.

I'm bored of SFV, i really hope 6 comes out early next year if not sooner

Attached: 1636928263098.jpg (1700x1274, 1.62M)

There is a certain race of people who play these games and i dont want to be around them

Because I'm bad at them and don't enjoy them when I'm always losing.
No not really. I play games a LOT, and a lot of games that can be difficult but I doubt I would call myself a hardcore gamer.

Attached: FBSb0XtUUAMcl4c.jpg (1536x2048, 325.32K)

I already play TF2, I have enough stress in my life. I don't need the additional stress of trying to compete with people in genre I've never touched once in my entire life.

Attached: cd4.gif (275x317, 139.56K)

I hate playing on them. I got tricked by Yea Forums and wasted money

>Strive has specific tutorials on how to beat certain tools by different characters.
Very very few tutorials, which it presents to you in isolation - a new player wont learn anything form them.