Gaming TVs and other peripherals

What's your setup Yea Forums?

Attached: lgc1.jpg (1500x897, 263.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c1-oled/settings
youtube.com/watch?v=nOcLasaRCzY
amazon.com/TCL-43-inch-Class-Smart-Android/dp/B08P4YG1VQ/ref=asc_df_B08P4YG1VQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507812218989&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9601758644510341448&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003599&hvtargid=pla-1210700987430&th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LG C1, Series X, Pc38x headset.

Looks and feels amazing to play on. I've always was curious if I should eventually have the C1 professionally calibrated though. Has anyone had their TV professionally calibrated? Was it worth it?

C1 chad represent here.
>Has anyone had their TV professionally calibrated? Was it worth it?
You can do decent eye-calibration yourself because the TVs are quite close to white point in their filmmaker/cinema modes by default.
Personally I just switched on the PC mode for 4:4:4 chroma, increased colour to 55 (confirmed by various tests that it's more accurate than 50) and gamma to 2.2 (more accurate than 2.4 in case of the C1 OLEDs due to LG's workaround for white pixel ghosting) and called it a day.

Dell 23.8 inch 1080p IPS

rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c1-oled/settings

I did pretty much the same thing. I need to double check it's in pc mode though. For some reason that setting disables itself randomly ive found. Also I've read that the C1s aren't the most accurate in color out of the box, so wondering if I'm getting the full potential. Do you mess with any of the game optimization settings?

Each panel is different, not all settings will be the same. And those settings aren't anything close to a professional calibration.

imagine buying a tv with risk of burn in lmao

If you have 4K display and your GPU can't hit your target framerate at 4K, do you go back to 1080p or use some resolution in between 1080p and 4K?
That is if the game has no resolution scaling.

>For some reason that setting disables itself randomly ive found.
Only for consoles because you didn't turn off the auto-detect, auto-detect makes them switch input to Game Console mode rather than PC mode. Game Console mode is limited to 4:2:2 chroma so fuck that. Just disable the auto input change, if you want I can check for you where ot turn it off exactly cause I don't remember off the top of my head.
>Also I've read that the C1s aren't the most accurate in color out of the box, so wondering if I'm getting the full potential.
They aren't in the default trashy standard mode, use Filmmaker/Expert for SDR and Cinema for HDR and tweak settings from there.
I don't recommend the game optimiser MODE by the way (you can still turn on the game optimiser FEATURE for other modes though, I know, confusing due to same name, the feature is in General -> Game Optimiser section, mode is in Picture -> Select Mode) because the Game Optimiser MODE has audio lag and worse colour gamut.
Other than that, in SDR change colour to 55 (default is 50) because 55 is more accurate.
In Game Optimiser feature settings, just enable the toggle at the top so you get proper VRR, you won't get the Low Latency feature this way (cause those are exclusive to Game Optimiser MODE) but considering the audio lag and worse colour gamut in that, I'd say it's not worth it.

Just watch/play varied content user.

My 3080 Ti has yet to have trouble hitting 60 in a game at 4K, though for some I do need to use DLSS for that. Anyway pretty much everything "intensive" nowadays launches with DLSS anyway, but if I couldn't hit it, I'd go down to 1440p.

5 year extended warranty covers any burn in. Don't be a poorfag. Also I haven't seen any signs of the slightest burn in after a year. So I'm pretty sure the issue has been fixed for 1st gen OLED's just like what happened with Plasmas

>LG C1
>1700 dolllars
Never gonna spend that much on a fucking TV, 700 max

Thanks user. Will change up those settings when I'm back at my place this week.

900€ 48" at my nearest store

Also depending on your tolerance for the proper white, Warm 50 is technically most accurate but a lot of people are so used to the blue light from lifetime of improperly calibrated shit that Warm 50 looks yellow to them, I'm one of those people so I roll with Warm 25 myself even though I know it's technically less accurate. Warm 50 just looks yellow to me, though I did adapt over time because initially I had it set to Neutral 0 and now 0 looks blue to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=nOcLasaRCzY
You were saying? Even the TV that ran nothing but Cowadooty the entire year didn't develop burn in even though they expect it to, the only ones that developed burn in are those that were set to a single TV channel 24/7.

I have a C6 LG OLED curved, mounted on the wall.
It really sucks that they don't make curved ones anymore. Not sure what I'll replace it with when the time comes.

Attached: 1650805065210.jpg (4096x3072, 3.88M)

>they don't make curved ones anymore
Why?

Curved displays fucking suck mate, they are literally incapable of displaying straight lines, they always distort image, pure fucking trash.

Any suggestions for a 4k monitor to use with a ps5?

C1 + sonos surround setup.I want a ps5 but i can't find one, my hope is they'll come back sometime before the launch of ps6.

a 65 inch C1 btw. not that anyone cares.

Never had a hint of burn in on my Panasonic Vierra plasma, and two years in the same is proving true with my CX. Both being used as my primary PC monitor. It's really not an issue if you practice a even a hint of common sense.

Just not as popular
You must have never used a well set up curved TV. You can't tell it's curved when you're sitting in front of it, but it gives the image a really nice depth that flats do not. Feels way more natural on the eyes.

People that get burn in on their OLEDs are the same kind of people that run their TV at max brightness watching FOX News or local equivalent 24/7

>You must have never used a well set up curved TV. You can't tell it's curved when you're sitting in front of it
Nigger I'm a fucking graphics designer by trade and yes I can tell, curved screens are unusable for me because I literally can't unsee all the distortion they cause.

I got a C1 and a PS5 too
Just updated my HDMI cable today and it was a huge improvement. The one with the console was gibing me washed colors and a cheap one I got (2.1 and 4K supossedly) was giving me lag playing at 4K. So I got a certified one. I thought I just got meme'd into buying it, but nope, it works much better

Must be a pretty shit graphic designer then

48” c1 ps5 and switch inside my bedroom

>ad hominem
And we're done here, have a (You)

Everything you just said is literally false. That's not how digital cables work at all. If the cable isn't rated to drive a specific resolution at a specific refresh rate, it doesn't work. It either works or it doesn't. Sounds like you're a fuckin retard who doesn't know how to configure a tv properly m8

Uncertified cables mean just that, nobody tests them if they ACTUALLY support all the 2.1 features so chinks can give you a trashy HDMI 1.3 cable for example, slap 2.1 on the box and you can't do shit about it because it's not certified so they're not legally obligated to tell you the truth.

>Too stupid to realise he is stupid
Many such cases

Attached: 1650805782829.jpg (284x284, 6.53K)

Isn't the problem fixed by now? (something about moving a few pixel every now and then) If I'm not watching a video or playing vidya it is possible that e.g. the taskbar is at the same place for 10 hours.

Nah mate, trashy cables being sold as higher spec cables is literally common scam in cable space. Literally most of the uncertified 2.1 cables on the market are chink garbage that's usually HDMI 1.3 or HDMI 1.4 in reality.

since september i've been using a cheap but impressive 43" native 4k/1440 VA panel tv for my monitor and i love it. I wouldn't recommend OLED for a monitor unless you like image burn-in for your desktop etc

amazon.com/TCL-43-inch-Class-Smart-Android/dp/B08P4YG1VQ/ref=asc_df_B08P4YG1VQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=507812218989&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9601758644510341448&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9003599&hvtargid=pla-1210700987430&th=1

Attached: 1636400467502.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

Yeah, thats what I thought. Either it works or it doesnt.
And yet I was having issues playing at 4k because of the cable bandwidth and the one with the console has poor color gamma

No, see If you display something in static space 24/7 it WILL develop burn in, that's why people that use OLED as PC monitors use pure black wallpaper for their desktop and have their taskbar set to auto-hide.

A proper gaming monitor

Attached: 1622796650298.jpg (3558x2956, 1.2M)

Well, the console tested it as a 2.1 cable with all the bells and wisthles but it ran like crap at native 4k games nowadays

Then as partially stated, to me it sounds like your settings were just fucked.
Bootleg 2.1 wouldn't get detected as 2.1

Ok, yeah burn-in was one of the reasons I didn't get an OLED but the main reason was the price. I paid 930 € for a Samsung Q70R (tax included), meanwhile a decent OLED was 1500 € or more. But the black on OLED TVs is really impressive. GSync compability is also something my TV is missing.

>I wouldn't recommend OLED for a monitor unless you like image burn-in for your desktop etc
Because you're tech illiterate.

that straight line looks less-than-straight, even as viewed from the slight 1-2degree angle in the pic you inexplicably chose to weaken your argument with

so avoid FIFA and CNN
easy lol

Settings are the same, the difference between cables is plain as day. Thats how it is

burn in is a fact, even right now

As long as you don't do retarded shit like watching a single TV channel or playing only one game 24/7 then you'll be fine. Also if you use it as PC monitor, obviously do and don't do dumb shit.
tl;dr OLED is basically an INT and laziness check

I bought a calibrator that was really good for the time that handheld you into tweaking the colors.

I'd say it's worth it only if you're autistic about the accuracy.

Also just a heads up in case you ever decide to get it calibrated.

The colors are going to look duller. It's a fact. Colors aren't going to POP like they normally do in displays because it's not accurate. You might not like it. Alot of people don't since they're so used to the look.

Nixeus NXVue24 144hz 24inch freesync monitor, TN panel
Some 2013 era Samsung 32inch LED TV (probs TN but the viewing angles, contrast, and colors are good)

I'm happy with it.

Is it a fact? Yes. Will you get it if you're not retarded? No.
If you want to use your TV to watch FOX News or CNN on it 24/7 then yeah, OLED is terrible for your use case but if you do that, you have much bigger problems anyway.

shills seething
if you use your OLED tv as a computer monitor, you're way more likely to experience burn-in than if you use it as a TV, where the on-screen image is constantly changing. Try leaving your computer idle while you run to the store and/or kill yourself, retard

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-24 9.18.04 AM.png (975x408, 130.3K)

>that straight line looks less-than-straight
Probably because it was drawn by a human. The straight lines are not distorted as much as you're implying. When sitting in front of the TV you can't even tell it's curved unless you focus your vision to the outer edges, which no one does.

Attached: 1650806370707.jpg (1233x1016, 268.77K)

>Try leaving your computer idle while you run to the store and/or kill yourself, retard
Ever heard of screensavers? Clearly not.
I literally have a pure black screensaver set to 1 minute on my C1, got over 8000 hours on it already and literally zero burn in, please stay retarded.

lol

Attached: retard lol.png (463x510, 13.75K)

this pic is aligned as close to center as possible, the point is that any angling off-axis at all will curve straight lines

>Will you get it if you're not retarded? No.
Do you use your internet browser on PC in fullscreen mode to avoid burn in? What about side scroll?

If Panasonic ever withdraw from Europe like they did the US I will kill myself. Never owned a better screen than their current flagship. A significant step up from my old LG.

meant to

>using a one-minute delay screensaver to prevent your overpriced TV from shitting the bed
heh, that showed him OLEDsisters

Attached: heh.jpg (840x687, 184.28K)

why are OLEDkeks have to get get so mad lmao it's just a bad purchase decision no one cares at the end of the day lol

I just don't use browser fullscreen and since it's windowed the position never stays the same but legit question, who the fuck does that (fullscreen browser)? You have so much screen real-estate space and you inefficiently waste it on opening Firefox or whatever in full screen?

>thread gets shit up by a literal söyak shitposter
Ah yes, amerimutt hours, have a nice day.

That picture is a normal picture of gameplay. I didn't do anything special, I just saw a cool place and took a picture.
When is your scenario going to occur? Even then, any distortion is going to be so minimal as to be irrelevant because almost all content is designed for the view to focus on the centre of the screen.
>it's just a bad purchase decision
How so?

>OLEDs are great, you just have to fully forget all your PC habits developed through your entire life and adapt yourself

LCD fags are so mad about Plasma and OLED. Sour ass grapes, you will never have true blacks. You will always have backlight glow in dark scenes. Your backlight will turn to shit on your TV after a year or two and leave that weird halo effect around the outside edge of the panel. You will never have any sort of uniformity in color on your screen.

I went straight from Panasonic Plasma to Sony A8H OLED. Local dimming is garbage and sucks ass in games, especially in situations where there's a black background with something bright on it, like text or fireworks. My OLED is right next to my monitors for my PC and it's so painfully obvious LCD is blurry inconsistent garbage.

LCD is shit, people used to walk into my place and see my plasma and say it had great picture, then I'd tell them it was a 10 year old TV I bought used for $300.

It varies by panel and content. My OnePlus smartphone had noticeable burn-in on the status bar after two years. I didn't even use it that much, 2-3 hours a day tops.

If you have bad habits that's on you, if you don't want to put in bare minimum effort because you're too lazy then again it's on you. Nobody says the technology is for everyone, because it isn't.
If you're lazy, just get IPS.