Why do autists love Melee in comparison to Ultimate ? being able to wavedash doesnt make them special

Why do autists love Melee in comparison to Ultimate ? being able to wavedash doesnt make them special.

Attached: d9yvz18-2c8552a8-f776-421d-b215-fa7c98ce64ad.jpg (1364x768, 246.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return583.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cope shitter go play brawl

better art style
better gameplay
better physics

Attached: SOUL1.jpg (1600x2500, 1.03M)

Wavedashing is part of the superior movement options which are more fun than all other smash titles and some straight up platformers.

Because it has a higher skill ceiling. Autists enjoy games that require skill, unlike normalfags that play Smash for the social aspect.

The game is fun and is pretty much impossible to master. I hate the gaming trend of immediately abandoning an older game when the new one comes out. Why do you care that people enjoy playing a different game than you so much?

Watch that like 6 hour documentary that they made about Melee. It really seems like a good time.

>platform fighter
melee has a whole lot more you can do with platforms compared to ultimate and the other post-melee smash titles. attempting to simplify melee's movement to "wavedashing isn't special" is disingenuous at best.

>Autists
>Skill
Yeah sure whatever. Enjoy more barriers to the actual meat and good parr of the game which is the mental game of player vs player more than anything else.

The whole point of smash being made was to not memorize pointless fluff like how to throw a fucking fireball or so on like you do in a every other shit fighting game at the time but rather get to the fun part where it's player vs player

I have a feeling that any answer I give will just be met with contrarian argumentation

Yeah the main thing you learn is l cancel more than anything else. Another useless hurdle to get in the way of actually enjoying the game. Press this button right and you get 5 frames of landing lag instead of 10...wait why not just have 5 frames? Idk

If you can’t memorize how to do a dp input let alone a fucking fireball input, you might just be clinically retarded.

There is nothing to memorize in smash.

Every Smash since Brawl just hasn't been fun to play. When my dopamine isn't being triggered, something is wrong with the game.

Then why are the games played in real time? Why not have it turn based?

Never said I couldn't do it bitch boy. Just said what is the point of making it more complex than it needs to be

the game just has a better speed and pace to it. I also think it's more enjoyable as a single player game

Sounds like someone couldn't shffl and got filtered

t. lost to MewTwoKing

I know it is hard for u to follow but try and keep up. I didn't say there was anything in smash to memorize. I said that learning shift and doing shift like l-cancel is a useless skill gap barrier to the real meat of a fighting game which is the player vs player part

Because the engine gives you a lot of freedom to do whatever the fuck you want, that's why there's multiple playstyles for each character. Ultimate is sterile in comparison.

play the game and find out for yourself retard

>Enjoy more barriers to the actual meat
>The whole point of smash being made was to not memorize
Are you ESL?

Dudes king of retards. He'll eat all your food and jerk off in your house.

So glad mewtwoqueen got mating pressed by someone who wasn't top 8 lmao

>The whole point of smash

you can stop right there. You answered your own question, melee is not like the rest of them which is why people like it. It's skill ceiling, while not intentionally is very very high

>people unironically believe that techs wavedashing are the only difference between melee and every other smash game

This, It has a very high degree of player expression

Fun cancelling is pretty useless, sure, but the movement gives you far more options than other Smash games.

What was PM missing that didn’t make it as big as Melee?

I can short hop fast fall l cancel fine. I just don't see the point of it being a game mechanic because it is a stupid barrier.

Really why don't you smashies play a real fighting game instead? Smash's main point of being made was to make the barrier needed to play with others smaller. Shit like l cancel and wave dash just gets in the way of that point of smash. Even Sakurai says you should just play a real fighter instead of this.

a good artstyle. it tried to be melee but didnt do that good enough. pm yoshi is nothing like melee yoshi.

Which PM?

>Shit like l cancel and wave dash just gets in the way of that point of smash.
no it doesnt. it took me less than 30 minutes to get the hang wavedashing.

Again why not play a real fighter and put your leet skills that you think you got to use instead of a game that failed at its goal of being a casual fighter?

it's fun lol

Why are Smashfags so autistic about people playing older games in their series? You don't see SFV fags foaming at the mouth at a Third Strike tournament.

they claim its all just banter but it very clearly goes beyond that.

Good job wasting your 30 minutes of your time instead of playing with others

Crossover stuff attracts the biggest autists.

You can't have a player vs player mental game without skill testing. There'd be no depth. A game without some level of skill involved can't be more complex than a game if "what number am I thinking of"

... what? have you really never heard of practicing? i played with people right after doing that.

Because its gameplay is more fun.

If you're going to invoke what Sakurai intended, you'd better know his words.
nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return583.html

Melee was not an accident. Wavedashing is intended.

Attached: orN6liC.png (2190x861, 566.04K)

Movement options in ultimate are way too strong.

People play SFV because they honestly prefer it. It's not like most people who play SFV only do so because they tried third strike and weren't good enough play competently, that's not how those games work. But that's how smash works, and there's a major insecurity issue there. Obviously the pro players for the new smash games earnestly prefer it, but they're not the ones foaming.

For me its simple nostalgia. Yes the other games have more characters, better graphics, and all the bells and whistles that people gush over. But when I first played melee I was a clueless child who only knew who the Mario and Pokemon characters where. Everything else was new and foreign to me and without access to the internet what it all was ment everything was left to my imagination. And there was just something magical about trying to piece together some story or meaning from a storyless crossover game filled with characters and properties I knew nothing about. I've never found anything capable of striking my imagination and wonder half as much as Melee did to my younger self and for that reason alone I would rather play it than its successors.

There's a direct correlation between number of button press = amount of fun I'm having.
>funthingsarefun.jpg

Attached: 1645592960128.jpg (2228x1204, 313.87K)

Sakurai clearly changed his mind in case you can't see. Also it being left in on purpose doesn't mean much. Gamemaking takes time and shit islet in all the time

I don't understand this thread. Is it about how an older game in the series is better than a newer one and OP doesn't understand that? That's most series. RE4 is better than Village.

who cares fag

Fucking chest and card games disagree with you on needing aton of time to lab.

Clearly the guy who just said wavedashing was left in on purpose

>Really why don't you smashies play a real fighting game instead?
Why do you care what someone else choses to play?

Stfu casual go get the rope

Does slippi work with pmex yet?

>water is water

Seems to be a thing in this thread instead where melee autists can't accept that others might like other smash games

the point of this thread is to complain about the fact that people actually like melee over ultimate

Sorry I'm saying that you think your baby game with what you think is a high skill calling isnothing compared to a real fighting game or really any other game

>Sakurai clearly changed his mind
Love this retarded cope.

>wavedash doesnt make them special.
it absolutely does
a melee character will BTFO an ultimate character in a 1v1 fight every time

>blah blah my flowchart-ridden game is better than your flowchart-ridden game
Take your medz.

what are you so asshurt about?

And it was made for melee fans to jerk over their shit game in reality when their game is nothing compared to other games of skill vs others.

Low skill ceiling games like chest that are easy to learn and don't have bullshit barriers to learning them have stood the test of time for a reason.

what fighting games do you play?

>implying I'm asshurt
Just calling out the bull where I see it.

>in reality when their game is nothing compared to other games
like?

calm down

Good balance, not being banned from big stream platforms, and light shield. Everything else is on point.

chess has a low skill floor, not a ceiling lol.

I don't my point is fighting games are bull shit and platformers are a shit ton better. Speed running super metroid or Mario 64 or so on or watching someone do it is a fuck ton more enjoyable than watching any 2 people play grab ass flow charts in any fighting game.