What the FUCK was B team thinking?

What the FUCK was B team thinking?

Attached: Elden_Ring_Rennala_guide_header.jpg (1400x1400, 232.19K)

So radagon had Marika and her?

Attached: 1650260389316.jpg (1310x1920, 430.38K)

I really liked this boss fight, I really don't understand the hate.

>What the FUCK was B team thinking?
Why after DaS3 he doesn't make us work anymore? REEEEEEE

obligatory fool's idol reference
it's fine, more engaging than deacons were with some actual fighting after the gimmick phase too

It's like Deacons of the Deep but awesome

Renalla isn’t even capable anymore. Years of stewing in her library, rebirthing students and Radagons divorce made her regress back to the mind of a literal child. Shes not even a demigod or god just a once powerful noble/magic user. Hell, if Sellen gets let back she just crawls off to the corner and doesn’t even try fighting back.

>Marika
>Renalla
Miyazaki telling us never to put women in charge.

I still just can't believe they remade Deacons of the Deep but with shitty retarded children instead of zombie deacons. And it's a main, shardbearer boss. What the fuck.

>I really don't understand the hate
they threw the book at me

Attached: MV5BNDMwZTMzYTktNDNkMC00MjhkLWE3MjktZjg4ZjIyOWQxYTYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjM2NDIwMzQ@._V1_.jpg (1280x720, 112.59K)

I dropped this garbage game after i beat her

>Get to fug the greatest sorcerer in the universe
>Get to fug literally god and also be god
Why do redditors model Radahn as the Chad, Radagon is Elden Chad level

It's really weird, phase 1 is obviously a strange gimmick, and phase 2 is also an unusual fight because she's got unmatched ranged damage but literal zero poise. It'll go very differently for different players depending on build and style, it might be unfun.

that they made a pretty good boss fight

Dumb meme

What was wrong with it? Phase 1 was an easy gimmick that was cool visually and phase 2 is well paced with Rennala sending magic barrages at you but giving you ample time to close in between each wave.

Deacons was already awesome tho and funny

Because he's a globohomo trannie made by an all powerful being that split into two opposite sexes to fuck itself.

Got punished pretty badly in this fight as an astrologer until I got the meteor spell from Caelid. Pretty cool fight though

This was one of the only interesting fights in the game

I thought it was fine, but it only took me 2 tries. I would have seethed if I had been killed a few more times probably

>It'll go very differently for different players depending on build and style
That is meant to be a bad thing?

It's rng out the ass. Have a bloodhound knight on your ass while she spams ranged spells get fucked. Summons a slow ass troll, then you win.

>Yea Forums
>I hate how all bosses are so combat oriented, remember demon's souls and its puzzle bosses?
>also Yea Forums
>I hate the best gimmick bosses in the series!

DaS fags who neve played DeS, same with Izalith

>Elden_Ring_Rennala_guide_header.jpg
>guide
YDNBTG

>phase 2 is also an unusual fight because she's got unmatched ranged damage but literal zero poise.
...this literally means all you have to do is dodge to the right when she revs up her laser / glintstone shots. Then you either run in to punish with melee or fire your shots off once she's recovering. Mix in a few rolls to deal with her summons. Phase 2 was a cakewalk on literally every fucking build as long as you have a modicum of stamina left.
Literally just roll. It's not fucking hard
Not only the best gimmick boss, but one of the most beautiful bossfights that From has made. The entire fight is piss easy, but that's because it's a showcase for the visuals and the backdrop storytelling that tells you just how things went so south at Raya Lucaria.

It's not really Deacons since that fight was more about crowd control. This is more of a DeS style showcase where the boss mechanics are second to the visual spectacle and context for the encounter.

One of the actual good bosses in the game, not capeshit tryhard crap like Hoarah Loux and Malenia.

I liked it too but I can see why it'd be really tedious depending on your level or character build. The first phase is the gimmick fight that relies more on luck and attrition, while the second phase is the actual boss challenge. So having to go through the first one over and over would really start to grate if you just wanted to take another swing at the more serious half of the fight.

Attached: LizziRust.jpg (2000x1408, 280.34K)

I do roll, bloodhound knights are aggro as fuck.

Pure kino even though she was a jobber

>HAHAHAHAH WE JUST COPY PASTED OUR ENTIRE SERIES INTO ONE GAME
>LOOK AT ALL THIS FUCKING MONEY
That's it.

what's inside the amber egg

Attached: 1649617769820.jpg (959x960, 126.69K)

a great rune

Baby Ranni clone.

Her pusy

an amber yolk

>luck and attrition
??? You only need 1 hit to take out the sweetings and you don't even get attacked when Renalla is down.

>Tfw died in Phase 1
I thought I had to kill them all. Those gimmicks are just not my thing.
Like with micolash when he disappeared I tried to kill all the Skeletons at the same time for 30 minutes.
Only on my 2nd attempt I found the hole in the wall

>Ranni sets goes through the trouble of setting up a whole second phase that lets Rennala fight in her prime if anyone starts messing with her too much
>but then she actually just doesn't give a shit if we beat the shit out of her mom despite this
What the fuck is this writing even

remember, these are the same people who thought "after going through hell and killing a god, you turn into a squid" was a good way to end Bloodborne

"Luck" as in running around in circles trying to find the right one to hit. It's not that it's especially hard, it's just a game of hide-and-seek that can end up lasting longer than it needs to.

>The first phase is the gimmick fight that relies more on luck and attrition
??? It takes like 10 seconds to break her shield and if you do that once then you can easily do it again without being attacked at all.

They didn't want to shut anyone out of one of the endings by beating a boss I suppose.

>trying to find the right one to hit.
bro they sing, use your ears? Hearing ever heard of that?

>running around in circles
Do people play this game without stereo sound?

If you are actually deaf I sincerely apologise.

I do wish that Ranni commented on the fight after the fact, but her silence on it would have bothered me more if Renalla actually died.

Being a chad is not about who you fuck

You don't actually end up killing her so it's fine

I thought you did kill her, but that egg just let her reborn herself or someshit so it didn't really matter

Bloodborne gives you 3 endings. If you want the one where you retain your humanity and go back to normal life, you let Gehrman behead you so you can "forget the dream". Squid ending is you going all the way into nightmare land so you can become one of the nightmares. The more you commit, the more you're embracing the eldritch.

you don't even fight her, she's mindbroken and retarded what you fight is an illusion.

>stereo sound
I don't got that

user I...

>the good ending is the one where you pussy ouy, get your head taken off and then miss out on the actual final boss fights
this still doesn't lend itself to good game/story design here

No, it's an explanation of why some people would enjoy it and some people would hate it.

you "fight" her (read, murder her zombie students until you get to beat the shit out of her retarded self) in the first phase and her HP reaches zero before Ranni's spell kicks in

Habeas corpus, you feeling me?

Not every statement is a complaint about difficulty.

The first phase is incredibly easy and the only problem is how tedious it is, particularly if you don't have the damage to 2-cycle her. Combined with the especially long runback you're going to suffer if you need more than a few attempts for the second phase.

>the good ending is the one where you pussy out
It's an eldritch horror game. The dichotomy is between the ease of blissful ignorance of the terrible truth, or facing the inhuman horror underlying reality. Don't be mad you didn't get it.

it's just a bit jarring to go from killing a Xenomorph from Aliens in the MGS3 field to "you are now a squid" without anything in between. Like even a cutscene of the Hunter start succumbing to some sort of madness after the boss fight would have went a long ways, y'know?

>long run back
it's like 2 minutes if you use that spiral staircase
and it's not hard to dodge the giant Mario 64 balls either

>B team
please, they're the A team now

its one of the good fights in elden shit

couldn't they have at least shown the Hunter transforming into some kind of squid god before that cut scene though? To go from "you killed the boss!" right into "also you are a baby squid I guess" is just... sloppy

Yeah, Fromsoft has always been a little too perfunctory with their endings. I mean 4 of the six Elden Ring endings are "You sit in a chair" and a guy tells you the name of your Age, while you don't get to see the implications of that choice beyond a pallet swap on the skybox.

I enjoyed the fight, it’s the fact that I had to run all the way back to the boss room every time I died that annoyed me.

What's the problem? Phase 1 is a better Deacons of the Deep, and Phase 2 is a better Rom. It's only bad if you're a mage and can't stunlock or dps her down.

2 minutes is still one of the longer runbacks for this game, and it includes an elevator you have to keep resetting. The balls can be shut off though.

Sure, I'll accept that.