Why are there so many games about killing people, but so few about helping them?

Why are there so many games about killing people, but so few about helping them?

Attached: 1647740351609.jpg (1271x1199, 638.96K)

Video games are a power fantasy for those who lack power and control in their real lives and workplaces.

look who owns every industry

helping people is soi

Lifting those around you up and helping your community prosper is just about the chaddest thing you can do.

but you kill some to help others

Because helping people is gay

I help people in my day to day job, I just want to relax with senseless violence, is that so wrong?

Americans

because u can help people irl but u cant go on massive murder sprees and have small scale wars with the army

It's really not. However protecting the weak is based as fuck.

Don't tell me you like undertale

For most people, killing them is actually helping them.

Rich people?

yes.

>TFW full white hat in RDR2

Attached: 1602856519616.jpg (413x395, 84.12K)

Helping people IRL so unfulfilling

Attached: khakis.png (902x935, 24.71K)

The cause is RPGs, dungeons and dragons, momos, and Asian rpgs.
They trick you and half tell the truth using stats and character sheets and turn taking attacks and miracles.

If you want to truly help people first you must be able to make a game with action and physics like Dark Souls 3. Then you need to be able to have power to protect your healer first. Then you can have a healer, like in Elden Ring and play miracles caster.

Attached: 45012B3F-C291-4D24-B8BA-CD5FDF44CC16.jpg (1280x720, 88.1K)

what? Most rpg literally most the side quests are doing bullshit for peoples benefit

Death stranding

Attached: Death Stranding Screenshot 2020.07.14 - 19.26.04.36.png (1920x1080, 2.55M)

Pretty much the same thing consider the community you're helping may be poor or have less power to stand for themselves.

yes

It's boring

And now, who do you think are responsible for all the world's wars?

It's annoying, it's always something I don't want to do. And afterward I'm even more pissed off than before

also rich people?

it's the opposite, helping people in games is unfulfilling.
unless you belong in the specturm

I GET HARD ON HELPING PEOPLE
UOOOHHH HELPING PEOPLE

this

You help people with quests in many RPGs and JRPGs.

You help people all the time tho

Death stranding

Because there's nothing more natural than violence and the strong beating the weak

Attached: 1631675258537.png (976x850, 502.09K)

In most games you kill people to help other people.

I only play rhythm and puzzle games

pepe wouldn't wear a green shirt, delete this

(((Rich people)))

(((Also rich people)))

War was always here, the ultimate game awaiting the ultimate practitioner.

Attached: e583.png (976x850, 684.11K)

What the fuck is this

then make a cuck game where you help people and stfu retard

In case you're not getting it, it's the Jews.

Not even true, but okay.

Games are meant to set up challenges. The most natural kind of challenge for the human brain to parse is "another thing has something you want, go take it."

I found it annoying in Spider-Man ps4. I didn’t need to hear the character whining about the woes of every fuckwit every five minutes.

play MOON

>it took 20 years for frog posters to figure out how to change their shirts

Same for me but the other way round.

love to kill, so?

imagine the smell

help people by killing youre self

>help people by killing youre self
that but IRL

in games that is griefing

It wouldn't be a very interesting game.

call 1-800-help-a-nigga

Attached: Palp-III1-240x240.jpg (240x240, 6.65K)

*your

Then die already nigger

because it's easier to program gameplay where you kill things than where you help npcs

Gamification is inherently competitive.

A better question is how radically different video games would be if firearms were never invented.

You've never played the nice guy in a game that goes aorund helping everyone?

Animal Crossing is a fucking blockbuster franchise and that's nothing but helping out your community.

It depends, but often you look at them and think
>why can't you help yourself
I'm a younger fellow and when I see a man decades older than me in a bad position while I sympathize I also go why can't you just fix yourself. Not even be normal, or succesful, just not be broken. Why am I needed to fix you.

If firearms were never invented but we otherwise got to where we are game-wise, I imagine that an abstract alien form of firearm would evolve in them fairly quickly. We'd still have games about throwing projectiles, that's one of the things humans evolved to do really well so we'd gravitate towards it I'm pretty sure. Likewise, competitive violence games run back way before guns, so we'd have the basic fixings of a shooter, just with projectiles only.
From there it's just a matter of someone trying to simplify a projectile to a single point and click maneuver, or make up an abstract "ultra high speed projectile".
Really this leaves the question of how close they would get to the general look and feel of actual guns.