Stardew Valley thread?

Stardew Valley thread?
What are you
>farman
>wifan
>moddan

Attached: 1637272034176.jpg (1400x933, 345.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/5k9rtp.aseprite
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Currently trying to muster the will to replay the game after 140 hours and 2 playthroughs

Jas!

Attached: 1432534657.jpg (290x291, 31.02K)

Little too late, Jashead. You're slipping up.

Attached: 24bb8d15fbf123d6f68fefd1a802fc50.png (342x573, 445.78K)

>wifan

Sebastian. They call me... The Anus Whisperer.

Almost a whole 5 minutes, pathetic.

are there sex mods?

Yes, loads of them. I believe Xtardew Valley is generally regarded as the best one unless you're into loli, then it would be the Jas mod

>Want to talk about the actual GAME
>Thread always is just Jas pedos.
God I hate this place.

I haven't played in over 3 years :(

You could start talking about the game right now, you know. The last thread was extremely high quality in particular since a good chunk of it was about anons coming together to make mods.

Jas is hot

>Stardew Nothing After Year 1 Because There Is No Content Valley.
Game needs some serious additions but Ape Boy busy playing Willy Wonka.

is the recettear guy around?

I am, yes?

Tried my hand at making an npc mod but got busy with irl a few months back. Might pick it up again. Anyway I haven't done a proper playthrough in a while but last time I got Penny and became a foraging chad.

heres the ase files.catbox.moe/5k9rtp.aseprite

Attached: 1619501730803.png (320x384, 8.05K)

What kind of NPC was it?

Perfect, I'll get on it immediately. Thank you.

Attached: 1578864661689.png (294x271, 116.75K)

Nothing atm, I'm eagerly waiting for user to update the shota Alex mod. Will either pick forest or the farm with a river running through it, forgot its name.

A character from a youtube webseries I wanted to try my hand at making. It's nothing particularly impressive, I mainly just wanted to see if I could do modding at all.

I adore Stardew but I've played it so much that I can't imagine myself going back to it for a long time. There aren't really any similar games of the same quality either. RF4 is alright but it's not even close.

Nice, good luck with that. Don't forget to ask for help here if needed.

No way, haha, these sprites are like 16x16, who would do that

Attached: 1643402819016.jpg (1246x422, 103.71K)

>Want to talk about the actual GAME
>Thread always is just Jas pedos.
God I love this place.

Yeah, who could possibly fall in love with some purple pixels haha

Attached: jas and anon.png (362x236, 82.07K)

Remember when this happened?

Attached: 1647994501970.jpg (971x871, 283.44K)

Is this game getting any more updates or is he only working on chocolatier now?

I didn't save it but the one other wholesome edit is genuinely pretty nice.

Attached: 1650758908395.jpg (1794x2573, 706.48K)

It's still getting updates. 1.6 is coming and ape has left the door wide open for future updates.

Attached: 1647604507766.jpg (592x222, 76.8K)

The most interesting part about this is that he said he's open to expanding the story of the characters as well, which he really needs to do.

>wifan
stupid newfag

Appreciate it user.

Those are rookie numbers
I find it interesting how 1.5 was the first update where he brought in some outside help, because it honestly shows in how poorly it fits with the rest of the game, at least as far as the island. I think another town or something might have been interesting but the island stuff was pretty lackluster, and the only good elements (Qi's Challenges) could have been incorporated elsewhere.
The old Harvest Moon games understood the best part of the game was really the build up phase, and I usually find it engaging to challenge myself to see how fast I can complete community center or reach a certain monetary goal. I kind of hope he stops updating it because the game doesn't need an update, it needs a sequel which hopefully Haunter Choclatier can sort of provide.

Really gay and an obvious sign that he's an amateur. One of the most important steps in being a creator is learning when to say cut and stop endlessly tweaking/adding shit.

Attached: 1643833934701.gif (670x648, 1010.51K)

ConcernedApe is pretty good as a dev, but the user your replying to isn't wrong in that it's time to let Stardew Valley be what it is.

finishing up my first real playthrough after first one was abandoned from paranoia i wasnt "efficient" enough
Kinda losing steam as Im just waiting on stuff to happen. Dont know if I'm going to bother with Qi's store but was fun getting here.

Respecfully disagree. There's a lot stardew could improve on and as it's still the leader of the pack with nothing else in sight, updates are welcome. Having a sequel where ape has to start over all on his own again wouldn't guarantee a better game either, likely just a longer wait for a different flavor of game, like chocolatier.

The one you posted is the original, the other one is the edit.

More like they were drawn by two different anons and delivered at the same time.

>both aged up

Attached: 1600084133376.gif (256x188, 3.81M)

Nah Jas is just being lifted up by the farmer. which is why you can see her skirt lift.

Why is she farting?

I actually hope SDV becomes Terraria 2.0. It desperately needs content and modders clearly are not cutting it except the cunny ones

Thanks, now I can't unsee

Attached: 1644777513480.png (192x192, 22.04K)

Well, someone else could make a similar game, it isn't like Stardew was original as much as it was just very properly executed. To me the problem is the game is really only designed to be played for those first two years, and then anything after that you're mostly just fucking around. I liked the movie theater as an addition because it heavily involved all of the villagers and gave them new interesting interactions. The island felt too detached from all that. I would want a sequel so that they don't have to worry about ruining something that is already pretty top class, especially when it has a thriving modding scene. With a sequel you at least have the knowledge that even if it stumbles it isn't going to prevent you from enjoying what you love about the first game, while updates will always run the risk of damaging some aspect of that original game, or at the very least giving it some unnecessary bloat which is what I feel 1.5 island mostly was.

look at the torso bro
shes aged up

I don't think it needs content as much as people need to understand the game just isn't designed to be played in game for years upon years. It's a Harvest Moon game, and there is a reason why those games had a two year cut off. To give Stardew more content at this point I think you would have to fundamentally change how the NPC routines work. That's something I feel like would be better tackled in a sequel so as to not ruin what's already there.

Still doesn't excuse the beginning of the game being almost overwhelming with all its content while Year 2 is seriously lacking from the get go.

>especially when it has a thriving modding scene
That's what I'd be most worried about actually. A sequel would risk splitting or even near killing that mod scene. I can't think of many things I'd want ape to fundamentally improve upon aside from maybe dynamic pathing for NPCs, but for all I know even that could be added in an update considering 1.5.5 and 1.6 are all about improving stardew on a more fundamental level and making it even more mod friendly.

I still haven't married Emily after 700 hours. Dumb crystal bitch.

Attached: 3koziKi[1].png (961x317, 225.61K)

Attached: 1648352344436.png (151x151, 60.62K)

The problem with dynamic pathing is it's one of those fundamental ways in which the game works. It's why I think a sequel would be the better choice. Plus if you do make a sequel different enough, you'll naturally have two games that can appeal to different preferences. I understand fearing splitting modders attention, but I think Stardew Valley has enough of a fan base to handle that.
You say the beginning is overwhelming, but that is sort of the point of the two year structure. Yes once you understand the game it isn't too brutal to do things like year one Community Center, but to me the content through 1.4 fit pretty perfectly into the two year structure. If 1.5 was the update that added randomized bundles that's the best part of that update.

There are a few areas I've thought that the game could expand, but I think ConcernedApe just can't be the person to do that due in no small part to his veganism of all things. The animals are fairly underwhelming because of not having a butchery system. The other thing that could use expansion would be Joja Mart stuff, but that's highly unlikely since a lot of the degenerate fanbase would meltdown over that. Even though Pierre is by far and away a bigger scum bag than Morris.

Emily is the only marriage partner that never looked good

Attached: 1644089058790.png (1924x1660, 531.3K)

>Elder God Tier
Penny
>Great tier
Emily
Haley
>Meh tier
Mary
>You dun goofed tier
Leah
>She is literally cucking you tier
Abigail

Rather than continuously improve on SDV, why not work on a SDV2 after his newest game? That way he can fundamentally change the game for the better rather than building on the existing foundation?

>GOD TIER
No one lmao, this isn't Rune Factory
>TOP TIER
No one lol, this isn't Harvest Moon
>HIGH TIER
Penny
Abigail
Haley
>MID TIER
Leah
>TERRIBLE TIER
Emily
>WHAT THE FUCK
Maru

I actually played the Maru "route" on a whim, and it's honestly the worst one in the entire game, male or female. She has no character development, all of her scenes are about how smart she is (except for the one scene where she fucks up and drops the jar containing the Wuhan Flu in the doctor's office), and she never says anything endearing. Even when you live together she feels more distant than all the other spouses.

Based

Attached: 1650144227570.png (2875x3100, 1.89M)

>Maru
2, 4, or 5
>Leah
>Sam
>Penny
4 or 8
>Haley
>Emily
3 or 6
>Abigail
6 or 13
>Shane
>Sebastian
>Harvey
>Elliot
Literally the only one where the final portrait is the best
>Alex
1 or 4

Stardew Valley is better than any Harvest Moon game and I am a Harvest Moon fan so I'm not saying those games are bad. I'm not into Rune Factory. If I'm being honest with you I'm pretty far right and Penny is legitimately one of the best people in Stardew and an Aryan queen.
Maru is an absolute wet newspaper for a personality. But that's better than Leah who comes across as used goods who is hoping to desperately find some beta country bumpkin to take her in after letting all of Zuzu city have a go at her. And Abigail is a malicious cunt who talks about how she should be fucking other men, and if divorce court existed in Stardew Valley universe she would try pulling some Amber Heard shit.