Difficulty: Hurt Me Plenty

>Difficulty: Hurt Me Plenty
>Enable: Extra Life Mode, Classic Weapon Pose
>Glory Kill Highlight: Off
>Ignore: Grenades, Weapon Mods, Flame Belch

There I fixed it.

Attached: Cover_Art_of_Doom_Eternal.png (258x387, 217.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/7zwQIahOj0Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telescopic_sight
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That marvel/dc plot is still there though

Attached: doometernal.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

just play any other boomer shooter then

lol

Favorite level?

for me it's The Blood Swamps

a seething zoomer made this webm

>>Ignore: Grenades, Weapon Mods, Flame Belch
Might as well throw mouse out of window

Blood swamps is best dlc, best base campaign is final sin
Seething, and filtered

Refueling Based

UAC Atlantica in Eternal

>Ignore: Grenades, Weapon Mods, Flame Belch
Fucking why?

Congrats, you're now one mile outside the fun zone. Game doesn't need fixing, it's perfect.

Maybe world spear, I dunno.

Using them removes tension from playing on Hurt Me Plenty, where as playing Ultra-Violence with no continues is too hard.

>Maybe world spear, I dunno.
I wish this level went way further with the meathook platforming, like way further by having platforming segments you could actually fail if you didn't learn the mechanics.
I'm definitely in the minority but I love the platforming in doom, the problem isn't that its there, it's that its too easy. At least the DLC did have more challenging platforming than the main game which was great.

>Using them removes tension from playing on Hurt Me Plenty
So you will cut out 50% of player agency and the most interesting mechanics? That will improve the game in your opinion - duller weapons, duller movement, duller everything?

he's a big boy, bigger than the icon of sin right?

Attached: The Blood Swamps.jpg (2560x1440, 1.27M)

Sounds like you haven't gotten good yet. UV is literally the perfect difficulty, Nightmare is the one that's too hard. One of my few complaints is how far apart these two difficulties are.

vocaroo.com/7zwQIahOj0Q

Wow, isn't that the badass LE DOOM SLAYA!?!? This is so epic and metal XD! le based dev god Hugo and his butt buddy le Marty want to EXPAND THE DOOM POWA FANTASY, uh, yayah!!! Shut up and take my money lmao :P THE DOOM SLAYA NOW HAS EXPOSED BICEPS OMGG!!!!!, I'm getting really horny!!!! Oh wow all wads are canon... wowow omg that means NUTS.WAD IS CANON OMG SO WACKY AND CUHHHRAZEH OMG DOOM SLAYA FIGHTING FOR AEONS OF TIME UHHHH MMMMM YESSSS THE ANCIENT DEMONS SAVED HIM UHHHH FEELS SO GOOD MMMM LORE EXPOSITION IM FEELIN REAL NICE!!!! MY PENIS HAS BEEN MEGASPHERED UHHHH *looks down at his shrivelled member and grabs it with a swipe from the side like an edgy DOOM SLAYUH cutscene* WOW, WHAT'S THIS?? HE STAYED IN HELL TO FIGHT THE DEMONS LIKE IN DOOM 64?!?!?! HOW BASED CAN ID GET?!! *starts stroking and making epic revenant AHHH meme noises* I-IS THAT A FLOATING QUESITON MARK AND EXTRA LIFE IN MY DOOM GAME, UH YYYYYYYESSSS!!!! *hand turns into a fucking mach 5 piston with iron man colors and a snoo decal* AHHHHHHH OH MY GOD HE IS AN ANCIENT WARRIOR AND LE ANCIENT CIVILIATION ALIENS LE ALIEN QUEEN AND VEGA ROAD TRIP THROUGH SPACE AAAHAAAHAHA IM COOOOOOMING AND CONSOOOOOMING REDDIT-TIER LOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!!!11111 *wipes cum on doomguy amiibo and strokes 3d printed crucible he made from an r/doom tutorial while waiting out his refractory period by dressing up as doomgirl and posting it for karma then getting hard again because he read an epic marty strapon tweet about how mick gordon is farting into a mic for the third time to score the epic kar en kukold dlc*

Attached: 1557055487404.jpg (960x584, 320.01K)

Playing the way I described makes it feel more like classic Doom IMO. To each his own. At least the game has flexible enough settings to allow for this.

I just want doom 2 enemy counts back.

I know the game is balanced around ~5-15 demons but the mods from proteh and others on the doom discord have spoiled the base game and even the master levels.

Ultrakill is fun, but it's just DMC after a couple hours. Chasing score meters sucks. Eternal still feels better

I beat Nightmare up to the Nekravol, rest UV.

>Playing the way I described makes it feel more like classic Doom IMO.
First of all: NO. Second of all: why the FUCK would you want that in the first place you retard?
It's amazing how retarded you kids are. Seriously, it's beyond belief.

It's classic doom on your part but not on the enemy's part. It would be a miserable run. Have you even tested this challenge?

zoomternal is game for zoomers

not him but why are you being such an asshole? he wasn't being a dick about it

>a literal boomer shooter
>"game for zoomers"
??

He was being a fucking retard about it. That is all that matters. If you want to be coddled, fuck off back to facebook.

>nudoom
>boomer shooter
user....

what makes it a boomer shooter?

filtered

lmao you said you fixed the game you pathetic fuck

The arena style of combat. High mobility, no cover, no stealth, no ADS, no reloads. Why do I even have to explain this?

it's a literal arena shooter, commonly associated with the 90s and early 00s.
Zoomers grew up with slow, cinematic fps games like Call of Duty and the likes.

>High mobility
subjective
>no cover
>no ADS
factually wrong

meanwhile it has regenerating health and ammo

arena shooter is borderline meaningless term
Halo 3 is an arena shooter, but no one in their right mind would argue that its a boomer shooter even if it's closer to og doom than CoD

Call of duty high times were almost 10 years ago,

Attached: zoom_shill_1.jpg (825x128, 23.72K)

I love the game but this is pretty funny.

>Game makes based jokes (transdimensional friends, melting pot of the universe, and mortally challenged)
>Also has you collect fagko pops

I don't know what to make of it.

starts with r ends with eddit

Yeah but would reddit equate immigration melting pot with a demonic invasion?

Literally where's the ADS? You mean the heavy cannon's scope? lmao
Also where's the cover? You're always exposed and enemies don't stop chasing you.

>There I fixed it.
That doesn't fix the level design at all.

Also what is boomer shooter in your book? Just Quake?

>I just want doom 2 enemy counts back.
they can't for two reasons:
1- The game is an arena shooter with small arenas to fight in.
2- Modern games with their high fidelity graphics can't render many enemies at once.

>enemies have infinite speed and/or can teleport anywhere and/or their projectiles ignore geometry and/or all arenas are just flat
I don't remember game being like this.

>You mean the heavy cannon's scope?
Yes? Scope is a sight. You are aiming down through it. That would make it ADS, wouldn't it?

>2- Modern games with their high fidelity graphics can't render many enemies at once.
No, Eternal is GPU optimized like butter, one of the best games at it. The problem is CPU based. DOOM 2 enemies are simple, Eternal enemies do a lot more complex pathing and a lot of predicting, and CPUs are not getting much better.

user, the scope is meant for quickscoping while flying through the air.

ID games to Q2
Build shooters
other similar games from the 90s
Serious Sam (borderline case)
Modern throwbackshooters (Dusk, Amid, Ion Fury and others)

>game has more mechanics than Roll and R1
>Yea Forums continues to flip their shit about it

every time, but what else would you expect from a board filled to the brim with Fromtrannies

quickscoping isn't ADS now? lmao
also you can just ADS with it normally, not like it descopes automatically after 0.2s

I doubt most people who go to every Eternal thread to complain it's not like OG DOOM didn't play anything besides Doom 1 and 2. Why? Because no one would complain about Eternal not being like OG Doom when there is a literally infinite amount of WADs to play for the originals.

you can fire the shot before the scope animation happens
>you can play suboptimally
yes and the game is not designed around suboptimal play.

I'm not complaining, I played it some and then stopped playing when I didn't like it.
But I'm not going to stand around and do nothing while people spout retarded shit like "ADS isn't ADS" or "armor was never not second health bar".

The whole pretense of Doom purism here is a complete joke to anyone actually old enough to have grown up with the games. It's beyond pathetic, frankly.

The scope is an optic. It's not sights. The combat shotgun has sights that you never use. stfu.

>muh "suboptimal play"
dude, devs put ADS in game
>"but you can skip animation"
and? If game has reloading but you can skip it by quickly switching guns that doesn't mean game suddenly doesn't have reloading

Then it doesn't matter?
>the game has bad feature that's bad because it's a limitation and the game is designed around it
>except it's not lol
It doesn't make a lick of sense.

>it's not sigths its an optic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telescopic_sight
no?

Well it's not called "aim down telescopic sights", right? :)

ame has ADS
simple as
>but you can make super duper shot without triggering scope animation
doesn't matter
game has ADS

Its also not called "aim down optics" :^)

Doom 2 also has the option to disable auto sprinting. Guess the game is a slow ass cover shooter where you can't dodge projectiles?
>no because ____
Insert the excuse.

You LITERALLY don't know what Aim Down Sights means.
By your logic, Half life and Prey have ADS as well.

Did I ever call it that?

Prey has ADS with alien assault rifle
Half life has zoom-in with crossbow
those are not the same

The fuck are you even saying you retard? How is the zoom-in with crossbow different from the zoom-in with assault rifle in prey, or in Eternal?

no scope animation

Purely cosmetic in Eternal.

I rest my case.

game has mechanic which allows player to aim using weapon mounted aiming device
your argument:
>NOOOOOOO THESE ARE OPTICS NOT SIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
would imply that the mechanic in question should be called ADO instead of ADS which it is

I accept your concession.

i have never seen an old doom fan liking doom 2016 and eternal but in the other hand there aren't out here voicing their opinions to everyone.
whether you believe it or not, not everyone is a fan of the new direction doom have taken.

Can you use your should gun or dash while using scope?
I don't think so.

Kid, you have managed not to figure out that ADS is a MECHANIC. That is genuinely how retarded you are.

>i have never seen an old doom fan liking doom 2016 and eternal but in the other hand there aren't out here voicing their opinions to everyone.
Yeah, that does not surprise me, considering those people are generally one or two generation away from you. You don't get to talk to them at the school yard too much.

Yes, game has a mechanic which is commonly refered to as ADS.
For some reason you and the other zoomie retard try to convice me it does.