Entire game is about the good guys trying to explain to the bad guys that change is inevitable even going so far as to...

>entire game is about the good guys trying to explain to the bad guys that change is inevitable even going so far as to have symbolism to Buddhism and how trying to archive immorality is a a fools errand
>final boss is a resurrected clan elder that has no problem with using a gun
I am sorry, did I miss something about the games theme?

Attached: sekiro.png (1399x936, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashina_clan_(Japan)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that has no problem with using a gun
Why do you point this out? It's perfectly in line with the theme. He has no problem using modern weaponry, he accepted change.
Also, he is revived by the one who refuses to accept change. He did not ask to be revived, but he must honor his family's dying wish. He also has no problem being severed from immortality once his opponent has proved himself superior.
He lives for battle and he dies for battle.

He's a good guy.

>change is inevitable
>final boss embraces change and uses firearms
... What's the issue here?

thanks for clearing that up for me

He literally tells you there's nothing he can do to save Ashina, and condemns what his adopted son is doing (performing fucked up experiments to raise people into zombies, while metaphorically keeping Ashina alive through fucked up means).
Isshin is a gigachad that enjoys the thrill of battle, and incorporates every battle he's had into his very being, hence why he uses everything in his disposal (Tomoe's lightning, gyoubu's spearmanship, etc) but understands when old age catches up it is time to put up the mantle and retire like a man, so when he is inexpicably revived he decides to honor Genichiro's final wish, he even calls this act foolish but decides to follow through for the sake of his grandson.

He says outright his "Invincible Ashina Style" is literally doing anything that wins the fight that isn't heretical, I.E. becoming immortal. The Mushin text has shittons of dishonurabu moves like
>Enhanced Mortal Blade
Can only be used by Sekiro because he can draw the blade
>Spiral Cloud Passage
Okami Warrior magic technique that resulted in nearly killing Isshin
>Shadowfall
Litteral shinobi technique
"If you hesitate you loose, that is the way of war"

Wow he's an allegory for Americans

Given it's Not-Japan, probably Nobunaga who had a hard-on for western firearms when most others didn't.

what if the final boss is a woman?

Attached: 1637589731482.jpg (734x1024, 101.3K)

>Japan would be Catholic if Nobunaga wasn't assassinated
the timeline got fucked hundreds of years ago and it just keeps getting worse

Attached: 1650478909877.jpg (960x960, 202.79K)

Your grandson's dying wish is for you to perform an act you're morally opposed to.
>Honor the pop-pop code
>Break the pop-pop code

Did anyone else miss this? Sekiro has such small details, so fucking kino

Attached: 1650592762199.webm (1024x644, 2.62M)

>Not-Japan
The actual events are obviously very dramatized but
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashina_clan_(Japan)

No it's literally Japan, it's literally the Sengoku and Ashina was a real clan and Mt Kongo is a real place. It's just fantasy history. Isshin and Owl both talk about it being Japan, though I think that the reason they're vague with the "Interior Ministry" was that Nobunaga was Interior Minister but IIRC Ashina was actually crushed by Hideyoshi, with guns, lots of guns.
The Black Mortal Blade forces the summoned to obey the will of the summoner, so Genny orders gramps to stop Sekiro, but Isshin bears him no ill will personally and is actually ashamed of his grandson's actions. Isshin just wanted to cross swords with Sekiro.

>reject his wish, you don't get to fight wolfboy
>accept his wish, you get to fight wolfboy, in your prime no less
The choice was already made from the start.

I still haven't played Sekiro nor Elden Ring, which one should i play first?

Sekiro is about 40 to 50 hours long. Elden Ring is much longer, why not go for the shortest first then the longest?

Sounds logical to me

I'm going to boot up sekiro right now and beat every boss, thanks for reminding how good sekiro is user

he also congratulates you, if you attack him the first time he faints defeat between his first and second phase

>Finally beat him and stab him right through the back
>"Thats my boy..."
Wolf having personal relationships with the bosses gives Sekiro a kino that other from games can't replicate

Once you've played sekiro you can never go back to the dodgefest oriented combat that elden ring is built around.
Elden ring/(dark souls by extension) is built around fighting a boss by chipping away at its ankle while buzzing around him like a fly until it dies, Sekiro is built around confronting them directly with parries and counters that feels like an actual swordfight between two individuals, bossfights are quick even when you are unleveled as long as you outskill the enemy and parry/counter every move effectively, while in Elden ring it's all about the chipping and chipping more depending on how over/underleveled you are.
So play elden ring first and then play sekiro so you can appreciate the latter better.

>Sekiro is built around confronting them directly with parries and counters that feels like an actual swordfight between two individuals
This right here, this ruined the souls formula for me. While playing Elden Ring I just thought to myself, man these bosses would be funner in Sekiro. And it even feels like some were made FOR Sekiro instead of a souls game, with how aggressive and relentless they are with attacks.

Theme of the game is that clinging to the material world by any means necessary inevitably leads to corruption that makes living not worth it anymore (Dragonrot, centipedes, becoming a zombie praying for death like Hanbei, headless etc.).

What does using a gun got to do with it? Ashina's doctrine was "using any means necessary to win" when it comes to battlefield, which obviously includes firearms.

The only question would be WHY does Isshin not agree with Genichiro's plan of using dragonsblood to create gigawarriors capable of defending Ashina - my take is that Isshin looks past the immediate victory on the battlefield, and a win at extremely high cost is not worth it, its not just about killing the enemy, but also about living after.

Also - the guy you fight is Isshin summoned from the underworld using the black Mortal Blade

Attached: 2022-04-23 16_30_40-Greenshot.jpg (661x606, 75.93K)

This guy is such a bastard on charmless+demon bell. I'm genuinely looking forward to getting past him to Sword Saint, I have his moves down much better.

Nobunaga really did mess with the system in a country that, even to this day, does not embrace change.
Personally, that’s one of the things I like about Japan; that they are such strong traditionalists.

Attached: 24E00580-145F-4E65-B7D5-36D5D16F6301.png (930x830, 616.16K)

God I wish there had been more sekino

>mfw inner isshin
I beat inner father in one try, this is insane

Attached: 1647204489138.jpg (464x1024, 26.91K)

The game should've gotten dlc, its criminal that it didn't

>never got the obviously hinted at Tomoe DLC
>instead we get the obviously all-but-finished Tomoe bossfight stuck into Elden Ring
I hope the insane money ER has brought in for FROM means they'll do more interesting, smaller games. Maybe Sekiro 2: Ishiin's Coup is on the table. We can only hope.

I can't recall a lot from my last run with him but the Umbrella Prosthetic saved my ass quite a bit. Everything else was just remembering the flow of Isshin's attacks.

His fight at Ashina castle is what gave me the most trouble on Charmless + Bell. There's just so little space. Father and Inner Father are easier IMO because more room and he also spams the attack you can mikiri counter at some point.

It's clear several enemy attacks are built for sekiro-oriented combat, or at the very least are reminiscent of its design, like the revenants that is impossible to dodge-avoid unless you get the drop on them before they start their bullshit flurry of attacks which mirrors the giraffe centipedes.
Malenia's moveset is also similar to genichiro, especially when she does the triple slash followed by the last finishing slash.
God I wish I could play more sekiro.

It's honestly ridiculous. All the other games except DeS got DLC, but Sekiro only got some outfits and gauntlet mode. An utter travesty.

I would let her step on my spear

It's so funny how everyone seems to have trouble with different bosses in Sekiro. Inner Isshin gave me no trouble at all, but SS Isshin had me stumped for days until I finally learned his fucking spear phase.

>good guys
Isshin was a psychopath for the entirety of his life. He never cared about his family nor people only the next battle high.

>you now have to taste yourbown medicine for embracing change and the arms race that is war.

I don't understand. Elaborate.

>Came back to the game
>Runs considerably worse than Elden Ring despite its graphics looking awfully washed out, combat feels completely disjointed with parries coming up whenever you want them and jumps having I-Frames so there's no risk and your katana feels like a fucking wet noodle unless you posture break
Couldn't even make it past Ashina Outskirts. I'm really not seeing what the fuck people like so much about it after ER.

Attached: 4262352.jpg (911x189, 26.25K)

>this is what ER does to the brain

I thought it was pretty obvious his moveset is similar to yours, especially with him having a literal Mikiri Counter and the fact he trained you story-wise so obviously you're going to fight in similar fashion.

>runs worse than elden ring
you had me for a second there

Attached: 1643873449378.jpg (712x712, 44.71K)

Sekiro is quicker but it’s a different beast entirely.

Sekiro learned mikiri from the sculptor tho.

That skill tree is completely nonsensical to the lore though, because it's mostly shit that Isshin wouldn't have known or been able to use

pretty sure it never got that DLC because the working relationship between activision and FROM was so bad

How so? Inner Isshin is just regular Sword Saint fight except he has that mortal blade spin in the first phase that he barely ever does besides as opening move and those AoE and projectile attacks in 2nd and 3rd phase that you can just avoid by sprinting.
Unironically if you beat SS you should be able to beat II no problem after few tries.

Attached: 1650648204733.png (240x240, 87.68K)

Sculptor used to be a member of the same ninja clan

Remember how you are supposed to give Pellets to NPCs to cure Dragonrot?

Activision wanted you to spend money on this shit.

Blackhat Badger.... had a hard life...

Attached: Blackhat Badger.jpg (480x650, 71.96K)

Proofs?
I fully believe it but I would actually like to see some confirmation on this.

Not true. He clearly loved fighting but if that was all he cared about he would have gone Shura. Since he didn't, we can assume he genuinely loved his people and country as well as the thrill of battle.

>t. watched a youtube video

Fucking Sekiro was as if made by a different team. It was so smooth and satisfying to play. My only gripe was that they should have gone full on with the combo switching.

Sekiro, so that you will know the mechanics and animations that Elden Ring got from Sekiro.

> the revenants
Those are literally reskinned centipede bosses from Sekiro.

Is it true that "Land of Reeds" translates to "ashina"?

Cope.
Inner Isshin is unironically the easiest Inner boss.

Ashi no ji/Ashi no Kuni

葦 means reed.

Sekiro is a psychopath who's constantly in danger of turning into a Hatred Demon, like the old Buddha craftsman.
Isshin was a conquerer but was fine with dying old, drunk and happy.