How's your game coming along ol' sport? Remember, don't give up and you're all gonna make it ol' sport

How's your game coming along ol' sport? Remember, don't give up and you're all gonna make it ol' sport.

Attached: 1_LneOPz9iclWycr9N0OnZ-Q.png (2000x1037, 373.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trapper96.itch.io/zeroth
gaem-by-jj.itch.io/h8machine
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's mine ol' sport.

Attached: kot.webm (480x320, 1.36M)

I made it into next fest, I'll link it here when it comes around.

Aside from that, not much is new in the demo aside from a few qol improvements, but there's been one pretty big change which is the ability to choose your monster's inherited skills when you fuse one. It's probably going to make gameplay quite a bit easier and I might rebalance around that if too many players manage to steamroll the boss

Attached: SPOILER_long_spot.png (500x900, 94.34K)

based

That kot ain't too healthy bro, it's puking up a storm.

That's the Steam thing right? Impressive.

Made the mistake of actually listing out all the plot points I have planned for the story I'm writing on a whiteboard. Just doing that took me 20 minutes, I'm never going to finish this damned thing.

generals belong on /vg/
keep agdg there, thank you

I don’t know where to start Unity or Unreal?

thanks, user. i'm just praying it does right by my wishlist count

Attached: skills.png (795x595, 136.07K)

>RONNY RONNY RONNY CRIS CRIS CRIS
fuck off

congrats man, you deserve it

Unity uses C# which is easier.

no u

Attached: 375-3752326_22-dec-oh-gosh.jpg (820x388, 47.48K)

Try our third person shooter - tower defense game : trapper96.itch.io/zeroth

Attached: MoonCutLogo.png (630x500, 180.73K)

these threads aren't for advertising

Where do I go to get actual hlsl shader code help?
This shit is so poorly documented and hard to debug, its nothing like actual programming.
I really dont want to just beg on the unity forums for someone to write code for me when CS is my god damn degree but this is worse than assembly.

Attached: 1497256510309.jpg (851x623, 61.85K)

You should learn both to some degree then choose.

looks dope. i'm too much of a smoothbrain for this kind of stuff, but gave you a follow anyway

>these threads aren't for [blatant] advertising
people post their pre-released games every now and then, even if they barely post in the threads.

Working on a tree map.

Attached: tree_map.png (3102x1080, 838.91K)

Hey wait a second.

this maps seems familiar, like i have some kind of link to it.

You think it looks too much like zelda? I wasn't directly going for that.

I think it might be the wide trunk/root structure that's doing it.
Maybe sink some of the roots into the earth a little more? dunno

unironically looks terrible

I'm going for a structure similar to a fig tree. The flying Buttress roots will serve to intentionally partition the surrounding area. I still want to add more to it to sell the idea.

Attached: fig-tree.jpg (1200x798, 406.91K)

user it looks exactly the same:
https://noclip.website/#zelview/spot04_scene;ShareData=AY}-!Ul0xLUM8?^9v7bqWJf?(Qtu3YUvNCsUcxnuV$F}iUZ,y}9gRM[T(]DF+d

Guess it bears more resemblance than I remembered. I'll work on it some more.

I am still at the beginning, kinda stalled because of Elden Ring, the Easter and other RL stuff.
I am kinda procrastinating on actually making (or rather recreating) the prototype level, don't know why
Also not sure how the upgrade system is technically supposed to work, so far it is just an array of strings and like if you jump it checks if you have "double_jump" in your upgrades. Don't know if there is a more elegant way to do it or if that's it.

I have had three different friends come to me over the past few weeks asking to help each of them make a game
I don't want to have to choose between them but making a lil shitty hobby game does sound neat
Any advice anons?

slowly
but at least I updated the browser build with new numbers for the first time in a month or two
gaem-by-jj.itch.io/h8machine

>kinda stalled because of Elden Ring, the Easter and other RL stuff
common experience I guess

Attached: 1633285538076.jpg (604x604, 92.44K)

Working on a Wild West level for my game Penguin Heist. Going swell!

Attached: unknown-18.png (1771x895, 3.26M)

My recommendation is usually for people to just start with Unity following a tutorial to get them used to the workflow of making a game and then afterwards make something using what you learned in the tutorial as a foundation
99% of the time game development has a motivation barrier rather than any specific engine/language/feature/skill problem though so if you want to use Unreal or anything else really for even the most superficial reason as long as it pushes you through that's what's most important in my experience

anyone who wants "rpg-in-a-box" on steam better snatch it up now b4 the price increases again. shit's never on sale so current price is always the best price.

almost done with what i want to do.

Attached: PowerStarClip.webm (763x421, 1.67M)

Can even farm 1UPs on Koopas now.

Attached: 1UPs.webm (498x442, 911.65K)

Attached: ClassicKoopa.png (1429x760, 1.33M)

Fun-fact: did you guys know there is only a single green koopa in 1-1
(what a waste of time that was... Modelling, UV / Texturing, Rigging, Animating and Scripting)

What does Yea Forums think of the mood in this scene?

Attached: bandicam-2022-04-23-14-11-14-292-_online-video-cutter.com__2_(3).webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

Emo Anime running away from home because mom said no.

Looks pretty cool. Got any more webms?

I like minimalism, fog and rainstorms so bretty gut.

What I don't like is wolf riding; cheesy af for me. It's your game tho.

Cool concept but you realize you're basically signing your own c&d right

all he has to do is to make it "SMB but not really".

will see what happens.
I'm not gonna release the thing as a playable game.
I'm just gonna make a youtube video out of it.
If nintendo really hates their fans this much, then that's that and I'll learn from it.
I'd see it as fan-art and I'm not sure if Nintendo ever really c&d'd fan art.

also there are already a few "I made smb in 3d" vids online, and they seem to be okay.

just tricking around with different systems. want to have physics puzzles like half life 2 so worked on a raycast groundcheck looking for colliders instead of the dogshit layermask script like before. next thing now is drawing up enemies and map. still debating on making the level in unity with probuilder or just kill my sanity making it in blender. its slow progress but im happy to at least make some

Attached: IMG_20220416_195757.jpg (1277x717, 203.5K)

Should I use Löve or Solar2D?

Here is another, a night scene. Webm quality is shit, sorry about that. I am not used to creating webm's yet.

Attached: bandicam 2022-04-23 14-47-54-291 (online-video-cutter.com).webm (1280x720, 359.7K)

testing out the (cute) upgrade synergies in my downwell knockoff

Attached: upgrades.webm (480x853, 2.57M)

Fog needs a little bit of DOF added.

Ask for design documents and work on whatever seems like it's the most fun

if you change the terrain around, instead of having an enclosed area by a wall of trees, you could end up making it look different enough

So like the salaryman game

what about yoshi but not really?

Attached: faster.webm (426x240, 735.85K)

Im starting a new dev project where you play as a SCP style or FEAR style response team to deal with supernatural threats, but you have to identify the entity sorta like in Phasmophobia. It'll be a top down style shooter though, and id want it to at least have the potential to have coop with at least one other friend

>you play as a SCP style or FEAR style response team to deal with supernatural threats
Clive Barker's Jericho? Noice

thanks for heads up on this game, I'll take a look at it for references when im designing mine

The fog is too uniform, fix that and you'll have a good atmosphere.

Thanks for the input!

>design game around not scrolling because I'm implementing nonstandard rendering in clickteam fusion
>Implement scrolling anyway

god I'm such a genius

are you rich yet? I havent seen your game a single time since that reddit post that was popular years ago before release