Bloodborne

>Still the best Soulsborne game
Why can't they top it?

Attached: sony-hits-bloodborne-ps4.jpg (1000x1000, 159.81K)

Online was shit.

cause the reason people like it is because its easy and the rally system lets you get away with dumb shit

It was Miyazaki's passion project.

do you think From will make another game with guns?

>All weapons are viable
>Even your starter weapon can easily last the entire game
Why don't more games do this? I'm aware that someone beat ER with a torch before Radahn got nerfed. I said viable, not possible.

I finally bought Bloodborne and set my PS4 back up to play it. I've played Elden Ring, maybe a third of Sekiro, and a couple hours of DS1.
Early impressions (just reached father gascoigne).

>the great
It's immediately obvious why the combat is so beloved. It forces far more aggression than ER etc without being as brutally punishing as Sekiro, and is really fun and engaging in general straight away.
The atmosphere, architecture, visual design, and worldbuilding are perfect and I can immediately see why all the lorefags are particularly obsessed with this one vs the other souls games.

>the meh
No fucking pause button (you can pause ER with the "menu explanation" trick, but the only solution in BB seems to be rest mode)
Have to grind for health potions, which is easy enough but feels pointless. Same goes for weapon durability, I'm not sure why it's in here at all.

>the awful
The performance and image quality (aliasing, shimmering, etc) are both horrendous. It feels like I'm playing a debug build or something. I knew to expect that, but it was still a shock to feel it for myself.
The poor and inconsistent framerate and completely fucked frame pacing severely limit how good the game feels to play, despite how well-designed it obviously is underneath.
Even if the game were otherwise unimaginably perfect, I think this failure of engineering unfortunately rules it out from being considered one of the all-time greatest games.

> still the best soulsborne game

And yet it's still trash as per sane gamer's standards.

every weapon was viable in ds2 and ds3. Everything was viable in ds1 as well, but damage output dropped heavily on straight swords making it more challenging but still perfectly manageable.

>the meh
>No fucking pause button (you can pause ER with the "menu explanation" trick, but the only solution in BB seems to be rest mode)
You're really looking for things to nitpick. You can pause by pressing the ps button.

>Have to grind for health potions,
Or you can grind once in the game for blood and buy a shitload of health syringes all at once to the merchants in the dream.

>Same goes for weapon durability, I'm not sure why it's in here at all.
Yeah it's useless but not really a problem unless you main tonitrus

>the awful
>The performance and image quality (aliasing, shimmering, etc) are both horrendous. It feels like I'm playing a debug build or something. I knew to expect that, but it was still a shock to feel it for myself.
>The poor and inconsistent framerate and completely fucked frame pacing severely limit how good the game feels to play, despite how well-designed it obviously is underneath.
>Even if the game were otherwise unimaginably perfect, I think this failure of engineering unfortunately rules it out from being considered one of the all-time greatest games.

Yeah it's weak when compared to the standards of current PC gaming. But for someone playing on a cheap base PS4 it's remarkable how pretty the game is especially when placed in front of dark shit 3. Never had that much troubles with input lag but maybe it's because I'm old and not noticing because of shit reaction time.

>Mindbroken Snoy can't stop ranting about Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring

Attached: Miyazaki derangement syndrome.png (2596x868, 331.67K)

>Muh Dark Souls 3

Attached: snoy over.jpg (1280x720, 133.11K)

Only the S Team can produce S Team quality games.

Attached: FromSoftware Teams.png (2130x2076, 774.98K)

Because Powder Keg Weapons are awesome.

Why are they so insecure about Bloodborne?

Attached: Snoys seething at DS3.jpg (1035x966, 208.5K)

>You can pause by pressing the ps button.
I don't think so. I can double check but I'm pretty sure it continues in the background.

>Or you can grind once in the game for blood and buy a shitload of health syringes
I might try that. I'd have to juggle them to and from storage though, right?

>Yeah it's weak when compared to the standards of current PC gaming. But for someone playing on a cheap base PS4
I dunno. I'm playing it on a base PS4 too and it has games that look (at least in terms of detail and shader quality, if not from a design perspective) and run way better than this one.
Modern Warfare 2019 has a ton of detail, great lighting, great antialiasing etc yet locks to 60.
Last of Us 2 is probably the most visually advanced game ever, yet it holds a rock solid perfectly-paced vsynced 30 outside of one room.

Attached: Snoys seething at DS3 2.jpg (829x1246, 289.81K)

You would be insecure too, after 2 gens with a DS3 tech demo as only vidya

Yeah, dark souls 3 looks like shit.

Based S team about to reinvent the wheel again with Armored Core + Souls.

>Or you can grind once in the game for blood and buy a shitload of health syringes
I might try that. I'd have to juggle them to and from storage though, right?

It's not automatically refilling when you die?

>I dunno. I'm playing it on a base PS4 too and it has games that look (at least in terms of detail and shader quality, if not from a design perspective) and run way better than this one.
>Modern Warfare 2019 has a ton of detail, great lighting, great antialiasing etc yet locks to 60.
>Last of Us 2 is probably the most visually advanced game ever, yet it holds a rock solid perfectly-paced vsynced 30 outside of one room.

Japs can't optimize for shit and whining on the internet isn't going to fix Bloodborne so I chose to simply enjoy what I have. In a perfect world Bloodborne would have the optimization of the last of us 2 and the last of us 2 would have the depth and cool characters of Bloodborne, but this isn't a perfect world.

>Yeah it's weak when compared to the standards of current PC gaming. But for someone playing on a cheap base PS4 it's remarkable how pretty the game is especially when placed in front of dark shit 3.
You’re full of shit.

Play dark shit 3 on PS4 again and compare it with Bloodborne.

>It's not automatically refilling when you die?
Honestly, I haven't tried. I just assumed storage was a manual thing. I'm not even sure why I thought that actually, since it's automatic in Sekiro. I'll give it a try.

>whining on the internet isn't going to fix Bloodborne so I chose to simply enjoy what I have
This is a good perspective and one that I (and most people) should probably adopt more often.

Mindbroken

Attached: Ashen Smug.png (288x285, 135.27K)

I did
You are full of shit

i cant play this shit game cos it runs on 25 fps on my PS5. Garbage

PC trannies seething that the rushed multiport turd that DS3 is feels inferior when compared to a simple PS4 game.

>he bought a tranny station 5
LMAO
How dense do you have to be to buy a console on release when there's no games on the system?

Dark Souls 3 has completely crushed 2fags and BBfags hopes and dreams because it was the big success that washed out the stain that was DS2, and cemented Fromsoftware as multiplatform third party game dev.
This is why DS2 fags and BBfags are rabin and can't stop talking about DS3 or ER

Attached: Deranged 2faggots.jpg (898x1885, 493.4K)

Bloodborne doesn't have a co-director. It's all Miyazaki just like DS1 and DeS.

>DaS2fag """"taste""""
>This game is what Fallout games should be

Attached: Girls.jpg (600x536, 80.54K)

Only low IQ midwits give a shit about sales/reviews/scores. I look at the game itself and rate it according to the fun I had with it and its presentation, and Bloodborne is objectively above dark souls 3. End of the story, no amount of copium and wojak posting will ever change my opinion that never changed after finishing both of those games.

They will never top BB because the formula is beyond stale now.

Yeah, and Elden Ring flopped amirite?

>"O-our game is so relevant and superior that we can't stop spamming threads about it with the sole purpose of crying about how we hate DS3 and ER and how BB is better"
Holy kek, BB is literally Dark Souls 2 tier, a battered fanbase clinging to relevancy by juxtaposing their irrelevancy with the newer more influential games. That's fucking sad honestly. Meanwhile Dark Souls 3 still gets lore threads or yhreads about bosses, OSTs and PVP

Attached: 1630444879414.jpg (334x393, 29.16K)

Still don't care, keep projecting, never said anything about Elden Ring. I'm still considering Dark Souls 3 to be an ugly rushed game and this opinion alone seems to be enough to trigger pc-cvcks.

>DS2 fags are Outer World Rick and Morty troons
holy shit lmfao

Attached: 1649150994217.jpg (320x180, 17.2K)

Atmosphere

>This game is what Fallout games should be

Attached: We can't expect God to do all the work.png (475x792, 490.21K)

Sekiro is the best Soulsborne game by a long, long shot. Even if you even consider it one that is. If you don't then it's probably Bloodborne. My main issue with the game is that you have to grind for health potions and ammo though. What the fuck where they thinking? Sekiro even carried the same mechanic over with the spirit emblems but at least your heals replenish after you die. Every time I think of replaying BB I remember the times I had to go farm blood echoes/potions after running out during a boss fight. From just can't help themselves from fixing what isn't broken and breaking it in the process. BB also has probably the longest runs back to the bosses of any of the Soulsborne games too, making an already bullshit mechanic even worse. Despite how creative and inventive the game is, it sure does go out of it's way to waste your time and stop you from wanting to play it.

Bloodborne is great because of the plot, lore and aesthetic more than anything. They need to write a better story instead of just trying to create more and more "epic" visuals. I actually wanted to progress in that game not just to see the cool bosses and areas, but also to figure out what the fuck was going on. I never gave a fuck what was happening in Dark Souls or Elden Ring, its just generic go kill the gods and take the throne shit.

I want a sequel so bad but it won't ever happen and if it does it'll probably make me butthurt for some reason. If a remake ever happens it'll probably get done by fuckin bluepoint or something

Just buy the health items with the echoes you have leftover when you finish leveling.

If you had to grind in Bloodborne after the first area, when you can store 99 blood vials in storage, then you just suck at the game. In other words, sounds like a skill issue not a game issue.

>duuude its not a bad design decision if you can spend hours grinding so you can play the game in a way where this decision doesn't affect your gameplay ahahahaaaaaaa

>your average metacritic reviewer

Two things:
>miyazaki baby
>sony extra budget

I think you mean soulsbornekiroring game
What a stupid moniker

you're both stupid and I'm smart

It's clearly Miyazaki's baby. Everything is so authentic and fits together beautifully. The plot is interesting and goes so well with the setting and characters and the new combat system they introduced. Trick weapons were all quality.

It's the definition of quality over quantity. It wasn't perfect but no game is. More memorable than all the polished turds though.

>Have to grind for health potions, which is easy enough but feels pointless. Same goes for weapon durability, I'm not sure why it's in here at all.
I agree that these systems aren't done very well however you can work around them. Just spend your surplus echoes on vials, bullets and repairs. Shouldn't really be an issue. If shit hits the fan and you're poor as fuck just do a chalice dungeon.

No one ever talks about how Bloodborne level design peaks really hard at the start and then falls off a cliff after Yharnam

>soulsborne
Soulsring*

>I still don't care so much that I screech about Dark Souls 3 6 years after its release

Attached: e7db9e4e33592de521b23e955084488e.jpg (601x508, 35.82K)

Soulsbornekiroringludospiele*

>Sekiro is the best Soulsborne game
Sekiro isn't a Soulsborne game, it's a shinobi game. Sekiro isn't the same genre as Demon Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Elden Ring. I know it's hard for people like you to think that Fromsoft can make different genre of games but they can.

Attached: Sekiro Kasumi Mod.webm (640x360, 2.62M)

The game is built around the rally system though, bosses hit harder and punish more. Maybe until Elden Ring which has a lot of punishment but it's just a pain in that case.

it carries soulsborne dna, therefore it must be called soulsborne

I know this is meant to be a shit point, but it does highlight the confusion that so many people can't tell there's a difference between what's a Soulsborne game and what's a Fromsoft game.

Attached: Sekiro Ayane.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>tranime poster is retarded