Finally started elden ring after all this time and im dissapointed

Finally started elden ring after all this time and im dissapointed.
Tt seems like the bosses are made with the summons in mind because how spastic the AI is, just fought margit and feels like pontiff with 2 times more attacks and infinite stamina
So you either have a shitty time fighting them like in dark souls or make the boss an absolute joke with a summons and spamming magic from far away because the summon will take the aggro from you and the AI is shit.

Also im pretty sure the rolls are delayed or something because this shit don't roll when i press the roll button, feels like im playing in the future instead of reacting to the bosses.

Attached: 1628615585831.png (1200x800, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zfVWVB8mjBc
youtu.be/fS40t2s7VjM?t=375
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>just fought margit and feels like pontiff with 2 times more attacks and infinite stamina
wtf type of game are you playing
>So you either have a shitty time fighting them like in dark souls or make the boss an absolute joke with a summons and spamming magic from far away because the summon will take the aggro from you and the AI is shit.
sometimes, other times this isnt nearly the case.
>Also im pretty sure the rolls are delayed or something because this shit don't roll when i press the roll button
you cant roll while you're in the middle of an animation like attacking or casting magic

>this shit don't roll when i press the roll button
I've seen people say this for every souls game and I've never once had this problem.

it's just cope for being shit at the game

Filtered

Shit game, just accept it

ayy lmeow
youtube.com/watch?v=zfVWVB8mjBc

DaS3 and ER don't roll when you press the button down, the character rolls when you let go. This is an irrefutable fact because From can't code for shit and have left in a massive input buffer to try and mitigate their garbage netcode, which means the buffer needs to be huge for rolling since they're too stupid to split it from sprinting.

Works fine for me. I think you guys might just have boomer reflexes. You think you're pressing the button faster than you really are.

while ER is an affront to the previous dark souls games, it's still possible to avoid summons for a while if you explore the map and abuse the other tools it throws at you. Just follow the bleed damage meme and the game will be comfy.

Attached: 1649505557430.jpg (640x469, 295.43K)

>I think you guys might just have boomer reflexes.
It's the opposite user. You have shit reflexes and can't tell that there's a delay on the roll.

Is this the new pasta?

Explain this

Attached: 1635907758641.webm (950x532, 1.36M)

Ok listen to me. Air your grievances somewhere else. There we go.

Bosses are beateble just takes long time to learn beated Malenia without needing to summon and felt guite fun fight when it clicked.

Git gud

I unironically like the spaz bosses for more than anything else From has done.
Melenia is awful sure, but Margit is seriously one of the best bosses in all of gaming. Having to react to his moves instead of just muscle memory them feels fucking amazing and that fight is so much fun on repeat playthroughs.
Sorry you're a shitter how got filtered OP

>Tt seems like the bosses are made with the summons in mind because how spastic the AI is, just fought margit and feels like pontiff with 2 times more attacks and infinite stamina
if you think margit is too spastic you might as well quit the game now. That guy is the capra demon of this game.

>Also im pretty sure the rolls are delayed or something because this shit don't roll when i press the roll button

tap the button don't hold it like some panic roller
the roll is on release of button

this game's input buffer is terrible and you have the reflexes of a granpa if you didn't notice it.

>infinite stamina
Try again discord troon and contact your superior
Your kind have been used that meme term for weeks

Attached: 1649744610461.png (645x635, 748.9K)

KNEEL

Attached: Elden Ring Environmental Cinegrid (3).jpg (6240x4914, 2.92M)

The game is really not good. At all. Refund if you still can. If you beat all other FS games and you are desperate for more you can always get it again

You can do it without summons. You have to understand how to play the game first though

Are you on ps5 or sex box?

Nicw bait.

By this logic, wouldn't you always roll before running in DaS?

No? The reason you roll on letting go of the button in 3 and ER is because of the run requiring you to hold down the button.

no because if you don't let go of the sprint button, you won't roll; you'll sprint, or just stand there. I think what he's saying is there's a ~.100th of a second the game takes to check if you are going to release the roll button to roll, and if you don't then nothing happens or you sprint if you're holding a directional input

Attached: The problem with Elden Ring's combat.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

i beat the game with no summons so stfu and git gud

Based

margit is easy and rolls happen on release. every main boss is doable without summons. next

But that’s exactly one of the problems I’m having. With some of the fights being designed with spirit summons in mind, trying to fight them solo is just too difficult.
There seems to be no sweet middle ground. Either you stomp the bosses with OP mechanics or get your shit pushed in, both cases being dissatisfying.

oh yeah? then why is my big brother unable to beat margit for me next

I did notice there was an input delay on the ps4 version, especially when rolling, I noticed like 5 minutes into the game the game. I don't remember the other games having as much delay when dodging.
It doesn't really make much of a difference though, you can still dodge just fine. I did get my ass kicked by Margit like 20 times, but it's been smooth sailing since then.

What I meant to say here was that if you don’t summon, you almost are forced to use some other broken mechanics to cope with the hyperaggression and whatever.

Damn anons my first playthrough was the best game i've every played but now on my 2nd playthrough since i already know where everything is..... is jut not the same

Attached: 1641532235080.jpg (750x920, 69.69K)

Nah dude you are literally just bad. Learn to dodge roll, dont panic, dont be greedy and manage your stamina. There's only 1 main boss that requires you to summon (godskin duo)

You are not lol

I don’t think anybody complains about the scenery.

What is that giant enemy throwing frenzied flames? Don't think I've ever seen it, even though I know where that place is.

You're late to the game and you've said nothing unique or insightful.

None of the 1v1 boss fights are designed with spirit summons in mind. Period. Even most of the gangbang boss fights can be made easier with consumables or tactics while ignoring summons.

Godskin duo doesn't require summoning. You can use sleep pots/torch/arrows/sword and even without that you can use the pillars.

>using anyone other than a sword
kill yourself

What you just said has nothing to do with some bosses chaining attacks so rapidly that a lot of the time you can get only a single attack off in between combos with a slower weapon.
None of the bosses in this game require you to summon. They’re just designed with spirit summons in mind, and that’s why fighting them solo without utilizing broken status effects or weapons is ass.

There's a sleep sword, dumbass.

>What you just said has nothing to do with some bosses chaining attacks so rapidly that a lot of the time you can get only a single attack off in between combos with a slower weapon.
Then stop using slow weapons retardo

>Also im pretty sure the rolls are delayed or something because this shit don't roll when i press the roll button, feels like im playing in the future instead of reacting to the bosses.
part of the game's "difficulty" is shoving ridiculously bad camera and controls on your face while the enemy cheats like a motherfucker with infinite stamina, magic pixel 1 HP and tracking moves which may glitch out and hit you for no reason.
Just play the game as it is, summon your shit and spam moves like a janky hack and slash colectathon.

Attached: 1648241623802.webm (746x420, 2.91M)

You sort of are, like the guy I was responding to said. Either summon or get bullied into using broken mechanics such as bleed.
Some player builds being much, much better than others is a very unfortunate balance issue.

Melania and Mohg's 2nd phase is just a pure garbage fire with a pure melee STR non-bleed build. Not interested in bleed cheese or respeccing into some INT faggot, so not gonna waste my time with what is designed to counter a classic Souls build.

Didn't they nerf the bosses

>Noooo it's clearly designed for spirit summons
>It's impossible to win without using broken weapons
>You HAVE to use a guide
It's weird how Yea Forums hates DSP but behaves like him, blaming the game instead of themselves.

>can switch to fast weapon
>'noo i will use my collossal gigahammer!!'
Have fun jump attacking for the 67th time

Was this level of input reading really necessary?

Attached: Godskin Apostle input reading.webm (888x500, 2.94M)

It's been present since DS1, maybe even demon's souls. It's used a lot in DS3. It only became a "problem" in ER when players needed something to blame for dying.
Source: youtu.be/fS40t2s7VjM?t=375

While there's still something going on here, it's not as much of an issue as you're presenting.
The input for the dodge truly happens when the button is released. Not when it's pressed down.
Sekiro and Dark Souls 1 had dodging that happened when you pressed down the button, making them faster. (Dark Souls 1 only did this when side-rolling or Back-rolling. Sekiro was the only other game to have 4 directional dodges.)

So in reality, the delay between input and execution is just 4 frames. This could have something to do with the animation blending, or possibly something to do with the design of these two games being very different. Where's your analysis on the delay between parry windows in these games?

>I am bad at the game hence its the game's fault
-Yea Forums

I respectfully disagree with you. With bosses chaining 6 attack combos with 4 attack combos and following that up with a retreat move and a couple ranged pokes, playing with a slower weapon solo means that the occasions where you’re going to get a hit in are very few and far between. How can this be dealt with? By having something either split aggro with you or poke the boss while you’re keeping it busy close up.
If they didn’t design bosses around spirit summons, they’ve essentially added an easy-mode which trivializes the game. That’s exactly what Miyazaki said they did not want to do.

>It's been present since DS1
Not to the degree that it is in ER.

Attached: Elden Ring input reading.gif (346x231, 1.96M)

Yeah, this is exactly what I was talking about. The game bullies you into using overpowered mechanics. You saying ”well just don’t use these weapons because they’re shit compared to these cool ones” is exactly the issue I’m talking about.

>Having to react to his moves instead of just muscle memory them
You mean baiting his AI into shitting itself?

God Sekiro is such a fucking good game.
Got up to NG+4 after ER and it's better than I remember.

Attached: 1650534082284.jpg (1920x1088, 590.14K)