Post games that ruined a franchise

Post games that ruined a franchise

For something that came out after the N.Sane Trilogy and CTR:NF, they dropped the ball with the series from gameplay to story.

Attached: Crash 4.jpg (220x220, 28.5K)

I agree, I think they should have made the levels shorter and not have 5 clear gems a level PLUS inverted version of each to collect

Attached: 1599798508300m.jpg (1024x940, 102.21K)

they've been milking this game for 10 years, 4 and Gat out of Hell felt like glorified mission packs

Attached: Saints_Row_The_Third_box_art.jpg (258x387, 37.71K)

I honestly feel like they catered this exclusively to speedrunners.

speedrunners who want RSI from all the autistic button mashing

just replayed 3 and 4, it really did just feel like one game split into two titles especially with using the same city and all

My hot anthro babe wives.

4 was done in a rush to rack in money when THQ was on its way to bankrupcy, so no doubt they reused so much stuff from 3.

They saw all the memes about how "CRASH IS THE NEW DARKSOULS GUISE XD" and embraced it, completely ruining the game for most of the audience (casuals) to pander to these speedrunner fags

okay i'm about to go autistic in a second, i'm going to bump the thread because i feel i need to get this shit out of my system.

Attached: 534.gif (224x235, 43.46K)

Are we hating Crash 4 now? I thought it was pretty fun.

Crash IAT is really one of the biggest failures as a sequel or follow-ups in videogme history, i'm willing to put it next to sonic 06 or the DMC reboot, the game was made by a bunch of talentless, soulless corporate fucks who didn't care about the original product, instead all they wanted was something people recognized to put their shitty personal agendas on it and try to force it down an established audience's thoats, this game fails on so many levels that when people talk about it it's always as back handed complements and cherry picked circumnstances making it feel like the people who like it and constantly praise it are disingenuous fucks who just happen to have the same kind of autism as the devs, the problems with the game really do start with the game's Devs, Toys for bob, a company made with the sole purpose of making money rather than having any creative ideas of their own, a studio that was know for doing shitty half assed tie in games and low quality bargain bin shovelware, toys for bob as a company had nothing going for them, they were just a bunch of homeless hobos outside the street doing the bare minimum to scrape by the landscape usually making low quality and low effort products that allowed them to make an income and gain more than what they had spent.

Attached: 1604890336848.gif (200x200, 27.12K)

Can any anons guess the exact line that I decided to stop reading this schizoid's post?

I’m guessing the part where he compared it to sonic 06

Half of the levels were indeed fun but the other half had frustrating difficulty spikes. The final levels were a total slog that killed the pacing.

Eventually though, when the toys to life and AR memes began to flourish, TFB found their cash cow, something that clicked with honest to god children: Skylanders.
now, Skylanders, much like every other game made by TFB until that point was a very bland, mediocre game trying to take on the brawler platformer that was also popular at the time, very simple and basic, the problem was that they had nothing to feature as their "mascot", all the characters had been made out of basic bland character stereotypes, elf girl, dopey dragon creature, furry thing with big mouth that kinda looks like a yeti, penguin, it was all very basic and uncreative, so when they presented the game they ofc got told to fuck off and make something good, but what ended up happening was a deal with the fucking devil, something fucking awful and nefarious that still make some platformer fans shiver, as TFB adquired the right to Spyro the dragon, a character that was recognizable, and even if he didn't have the most popular games he was still the platformer mascot some children had grown with.
it was decided, TFB would use Spyro as the new face of skylanders.

Attached: 1610932357149.jpg (564x588, 43.07K)

It has some fun moments but overall, I'd give it a 3/5. It tries hard to one up the originals but failed.
>The whole world hopping story is stupid in the sense that it feels more like time traveling in 3 and not actual world traveling.
>Having Cortex being the final boss is whatever. I was hoping that the N. Tropies would do something more, make them even be the final boss, but after their defeat, nothing significant happened just like 3's Time Twister after his defeat.
>Enemies and certain areas doesn't feel like a Crash Bandicoot game like the voodoo skulls festival
>Is this a Crash Bandicoot game or a Coco Bandicoot game? I swear I'm having second thoughts with how Coco hogs the scenes.
>Everyone talks too much let it be in-game or cutscenes
>Don't even get me started with Tawna's Mary Sue syndrome.
>The music is completely forgettable. They even screwed up boss music.
>Don't like how Dingo's a good guy for tthe series in the long run.

>The game has way too many hidden boxes with 0 hints that they're there. It feels way too much like Spyro's gem hunting. Makes me give up 100% it.
>I don't fully support how bosses are made. I like that they're more challenging than the original but I don't like how it takes way too long let alone having checkpoints.
>Sliding feels off. It's not smooth near the end for some reason.
>Stages are way too long. Given Crash's formula especially with collecting crates, the series isn't meant with really long levels in mind.
>N. Verted mode is a mistake since it's just artificial game time increaser. Sure, hidden gems are relocated but all you're getting from it is some wacky screen filters.
>The devs don't understand what makes a Crash Bandicoot game challenging. The game feels like a fan's mediocre attempt on making an unfair Crash Bandicoot mod.
>I'm absolutely fine with having different playable characters but for fuck sake, give them their own level from start to finish and don't give us a Crash level halfway through.

Attached: 1495246077251.jpg (952x1200, 353.71K)

>Can any anons guess the exact line that I decided to stop reading this schizoid's post?
Trick question: You didn't read it.

Attached: 68cgbz.gif (104x72, 522.75K)

Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity are better games than It's About Time

once Sypro was in the game with a redesign that made the legend of Spyro's design look good, these fucking hacks brought it to activision's face and they gave it the green light, and so the game came out, with spyro fans DYING at the tought of having anything spyro related ever since spyro orange for the fucking GBA, and they began buying Skylanders with the hope that, somehow, some way, if they showed support for their favorite mascot, TFB would bring back the dragon from his grave, however, they fucked up, they fucked up big time, because these guys ended up shoveling enough cash to allow TFB to make six sequels to the game, every game being more dull than the previous ones, with gimmics that barely ammounted to anything and had no impact on the core game what so ever, and the core gameplay itself was very stale because the games just weren't fun to controll or move in; that said i'd be remiss if i didn't bring up that because these games were strictly toys to life games, a lot of the money came in from children buying the funny little character creatures to add to their collection of cheaply produced plastic models.
eventually, around the fifth entry in Skylanders, people were getting fed up, with TFB being seen as a pariah by people who enjoyed the concept of toys to life, and by the normal people they were seen as a laughing stock, something to point at and spit, it was one of the most soulles fucking game companies ever made who were raking in the big bucks due to the most predatory monetization on a dying fad.

Attached: EVgwd2VWoAMQSe1.jpg (640x627, 22.1K)

It was fun but it's thanks to it that Crapcom decided to diverge from what RE is supposed to be. Now it's ironically a zombie franchise, just look at shit like Village.

Attached: re4.jpg (1525x2146, 612.2K)

nobody in their right minds liked TFB, the only people who liked them were children who had grown with the games and their yearly releases, and it came to the point that the latest Skylander game was actually loosing TFB money, so what was there to do? well, these fucking sacks of shit didn't have to ponder on it long enough, because around the time of this latest release something happened, as that strange period of time came where every publisher began to make remakes of their older titles, and in this haste of pushing a product out, the heads at Sony tought about doing something for their platformer fanbase and finally gave them something you would actually want to pay for, it was the Crash bandicoot N-sane trilogy, being captained by one of the better second party game devs, vicarious visions, the guys who took care of Crash' various GBA ports and a couple other high qualitys series, these guys knew Crash a little bit more than most other studios who had touched the bandicooche before.
now, i'm not going to delve deep into the game's problems, that's an entirely different discussion, but i do want to bring up that the game had problems because one thing that kinda came from it was that Crash was now going to be featured in the next Skylanders entry and the awesomesauce amazing epicz random skylanders kids cartoon that got canned after 39 episodes, so these morons would have a go at the bandicoot game.

Attached: 1604288505709.jpg (1280x1440, 158.91K)

shit bait, this game was fun as hell and finally fixed crash after the dogshit post ND era.
PS, coco and tawna fuck human men and so do the nitro squad.

so, what happened? well, TFB got their work cut out for them, because VV was going to make the money maker flow, making the N-sane trilogy AND make the building bricks so that Beenox could work on the remake of CTR, which is in my opinion one of the best kart racers ever made, and you can fucking tell how much love and care beenox put into the game with Acti's greedy tomfuckery aside.
so, VV and Beenox put the bandicoot back on the map, with a lot of projects spanning from this bombastic revival, everything was sailing good, however, Activision, seeing how good VV was at making games, decided to put them to work on cawodoody, leaving nobody at the helm to steer the ship, but then they remembered: "hey, we got that other sack of shit on the back who's doing nothing, their last release was in 2016 and they've been slacking off resting in their laurels ever since, and they already do kids games, so let's just put them to work on Crash since he's a kids game too!", and that's when eeeeeeeverything went to shit, from a paid demo, to getting re-designs yet again, getting an entirely new dev that has never worked on crash to do a major entry in the franchize, every single fucking mistake Universal had done when controlling the bandicoot all merged into one massive, blind, moronic fucking blunder, the best way to describe it is that TFB fell for the meme of Crash being "the dark souls of platformers", so they were going to make it as ball busting unfair as possible.

Attached: 1611780369902.gif (360x360, 2.51M)

No one is reading your spam retard lol

Attached: X0Ac28Zo.jpg (1024x1024, 330.93K)

i'm not going to get into the game, because honestly, i don't have the time, but the game released and it came out to a positive reaction, now that's a surprise! so you go to check the ratings to see what these glowing reviews are about, but instead you find image related, a bunch of fucking snoys out in the wild jerking the game off as a "PS victory" instead of a "Crash victory", meanwhile the fans are fucking mad, some develop stockholm syndrome, the others outright drop the game, and since it's a single player game the discourse about the game dies relatively quickly, a few weeks after the game releases, but i was there when the game released, and the discourse goes way deeper than "Alt trawna dyke hair cunt", it goes from how buggy the release is, to how fucking awful the game is to play, the boxes, the fact you have to play the game twice to complete it entirely with no changes other than making the game borderline unplayable beause of how shit it looks, how the game is bloated out of the ass and nothing makes sense or is even charming or slightly endearing, with all of the characters being flanderized and alt trawna being what's basically a real person being stuck in a cartoon, basically a mary sue, and all of this things ammounted to this massive shit pile that this game was 60$ when the previous entry was three games for 40$, it was fucking insulting, it was awful to see this shit, everywhere you went the heat was burning red and turning everything into charcoal.
>b-but the e-celebs!
the few crash E-celebs who liked this game, as i said in the beggninig liked it but with caution, everything is a backhanded complement
>"dude just don't go for the crates"
>"hey, just complete the levels you want the skins from"
>"don't do the extra content unless you have the time to"
>"oh, the game is fun untill you go for completion"
when you're telling people that you should avoid content the devs put into the game that's not a good sign, is it?

Attached: EYfO-a-X0AI52XW.jpg (480x467, 26.58K)

I'm reading it. No real crash fan likes this tranny garbage

4 was suppose to be DLC for 3,but the devs got forced to make it a standalone sequel in the publisher's desperate attempt to not go bankrupt.

Congrats you are either a samefag or mentally ill

Attached: QAEAsRg.jpg (1780x1271, 336.36K)

and so we arrive to where we are right now, crash IAT is dead, nobody is buying the game, the only people who care about the game are people who seem to be constantly trying to be bargaining with themselves to validate the game, or just straight up retarded morons who only care about jerking off to the strong wamen who don't need no bandicuck; a world where a fucking phone game outperformed the main release both in downloads and in sales, where the devs got so fucked up by the release that they were sent to the cod mines for being so incompetent (but not without ass raping the shit out of Spyro as a send off) and forcing the twitter account to only post about crash IAT and (((teasing))) wumpa league, a DOA venture that was supposed to come from the failure TFB had shat out, and now, there probably won't be a new crash game for the unforseen future, in a way i'm kinda glad, because if we kept TFB at the helm, god knows we would have sunken lower than the titans games, i rather the bandicoot leaves with some dignity left, with people still buying NST and CTR than seeing how further he could have fallen.

rant over.

Attached: welp..png (420x358, 300K)

Congrats on being a retarded tranny

did you see the recent video a foreign guy did with a tfb dev? just last week or so. confirms they're still making another crash game. I'm excited.

They couldn’t even get the remake right

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 60.74K)

>says tranny so much
This game has nothing to do with trannies you closeted tranny lol. The devs will never care about your post ND shit being canned no matter how loud you screech at a wall, drone
I was not aware, but I knew of the old interview. That's great to hear

Attached: FBCrwfW.jpg (1731x1376, 280.31K)

nu-tawna is an alternative universe tawna
you faggots never even played the game
the real issue with this game is trying to 100% it

i'm a fucking retard, posted the wrong image.
thanks for proving my point

Attached: the true power of IATFags.png (475x511, 129.07K)

you know IAT isn't sony exclusive right?
this image makes no sense
you think people defend crash 4 out of console fanboyism?

did you forget that IAT released as a sony timed exclussive?

yeah I did I guess
"timed exclusive3 is such a massive buzzword that my brain doesn't even register it anymore
the point is crash 4 praise has nothing to do with sony fanboyism, maybe people just like the game?

Yeah this, it's fun. The reaching that people that hate this game come up with is astounding.

the point i'm making is that some people didn't like the game and just bumped up the score because it was a "sony exclusive", i'm not saying there are people who do not like it, but shit like this is an obvious problem.
if it helps, some of these reviews have been deleted (probably because snoys feel betrayed Xbox bought Acti)

Most people that played it like the game, dude. It's fine you don't and others don't like it too though, don't worry. You're good.

It was good and buried but then this came along and killed the IP for good.

Attached: Thief_box_art.jpg (307x323, 26.05K)

ah, thanks, and yeah i will admit, a couple people i hang out with do like the game, at least the funny slapstick, even if the game made them say "that's enough crash for a lifetime", idk, i'm glad there are a bunch of new crash fans.

It's a bit of a frustrater for sure, I had my fair share of frustration with the difficulty. And yeah, same. I'm not sure why people that dislike it have to claim it killed Crash, that isn't a good thing even if you hated the game. It helped make Crash relevant again and I thank it for that. I enjoyed it.

well, the reason people like me said that it killed crash is because the game itself is, in a bizzarre way, something that Crash isn't, the appeal of the original Crahs games isn't there gameplay wise since the game doubled down in dificulty, the game's 106% completion is absolutely bonkers and it turns people away, so this game is neither for casuals or try hards, and the main fanbase is alienated, so who's left to play?

you don't even know what RE is "supposed" to be retard.

>just look at shit like Village
you mean the best RE game since 4?

I feel like the actual problem is they made 106% so difficult, when you don't 106% complete it it's very much on the level of the old games. That's what most people do when playing Crash. Admittedly I didn't 100% the old games when I was younger, I just beat the campaigns themselves. Considering 4's reward for beating it 100%/106% are a shitpost ending and a 10 second cutscene respectively, it feels pointless to do the extra content. Everyone can just YouTube search the alt. endings instead.

>Crash IAT is really one of the biggest failures as a sequel or follow-ups in videogme history, i'm willing to put it next to sonic 06 or the DMC reboot
stopped reading there. Next time you decide to write a wall of text don't start it off with unbelievable hyperbole. Stupid namefag.

>to put their shitty personal agendas
Christ, are you perpetual victims STILL throwing tantrums over Alternate Universe Tawna?

This. Playing games is pointless, just watch them on Youtube and move on.

I read all of your posts and 100% agree with you user. I personally believe TFB is a perfect example of a soulless corporate company filled with people that cared more about doing what THEY want instead of thinking about the actual game they're working on and what fits crash and spyro.

VV has shown to truly care for crash and despite the bugs NST had, I felt it was still really good even with them being very underbudget and activision not believing in them at all. VV truly brought crash back and there's tons of people talking about it, tons of OC, bunch of new fans for crash etc.

Then like you said, Beenox built on top of what VV did and it was AMAZING as despite all of the bugs in CTRNF, it truly did bring all crash fans together and we're united

1/2

Attached: 1637873682823.jpg (188x267, 14.46K)

Proof the only butthurt people about IAT are a loud minority of transexuals that unironically liked the games not made by naughty dog.

But then TFB fucked everything up with making the spyro remake and IAT. Spyrobros got cucked hard with having the aesthetic of spyro completely trashed and misunderstood and it was just turned into a generic cartoony fantasy, everything that was unique about spyro's artstyle and atmosphere was sucked away. It also completely ruined comfy spyro threads on Yea Forums

The same then happened with crash in IAT, a very big point about NST and CTRNF was that it was supposed to be ESTABLISHING crash and giving him a specific look and style that brings things back to the ND design because changing things ended with the mutant games that killed crash until NST. Now TFB randomly change things for no reason and surprise surprise, IAT was bad and fractured the crash community and yet again I feel everything unique about crash's design and artstyle was sucked away and turned into the generic cartoony look.

And yes it really is sad that the fucking mobile game made by King of all companies was actually more faithful to crash than IAT and TFB were.

The only thing I disagree with you on user is your mention "and since it's a single player game the discourse about the game dies relatively quickly". I disagree with that because NST was talked about ALOT and discussion about it even lasted well into CTRNF which's a good couple years. even despite NST's pill hitbox and the shitty global lighting on everything

2/2

Attached: 1648921968345.jpg (526x526, 43.7K)

evidence points to otherwise, tfb obviously loves what makes crash GOOD, they even deliberately ignored the bad era because they know the bigger fans didn't like that era and wanted it gone. ctrnf seemed like it was made by people that made the mobile title and just wanted to add anything from any crash game regardless of how most fans felt about them for brownie points for underage snoys like you. the only reason ctrnf is universally liked is because you can ignore the extra autistic shit they added and it's a fun basic mario kart-esque racing game with hot furries. 4 is a hard platforming game with only 2 hot girls instead of 8 and it still manages to get a lot of love.
it's very retarded to compare a kart racer to a platformer because you hated the platformer.

Attached: 1610843133910.png (600x600, 298.58K)

Why are people writing novels about their personal opinions on these cartoon animal platformers?

Don't underestimate autistic furfags that don't get their way

Because they're autistic and think their terrible opinions are 100% factual so everybody has to agree with them. Very common in people on the spectrum. With the stuff they've written in this thread I question if they've even played the original games before the remakes.

Once again, the reaching you butthurt guys do is astounding. They are 2 short cutscenes that are not fun to watch even on YouTube, and they're the only reason for getting 106%.

>they even deliberately ignored the bad era because they know the bigger fans didn't like that era and wanted it gone
Which game made more money?

Because cartoon animal platformers are based and have rich, colorful histories, making novel-length analyses warranted.

ctrnf brands itself as a remake of a game without the shit era in it, it's a remake of a naughty dog game. mario kart 8 sold better than mainline mario games as well, kart racers sell well. do you have any rebuttals that aren't your whining or are you just going to keep being butthurt because lame autistic shit was retconned? you lost, just go play those old shit era games you love so much. they still exist.

>they even deliberately ignored the bad era
If they ignored "the bad era" then they wouldn't have taken cues from them: slow alternate playstyles, unnecessary redesigns, and cringe worthy comedy.

Crash 2 and 3 had the first and last of those things as well.

I don't care because he is 100% right. Meaning you're a disingenuous faggot who is not worth the time

Also focusing more on the scientists instead of fighting OG mutants.

Disingenuous posting is easily noticeable

Attached: 135181153_238168981013036_529704482090334208_o.jpg (1080x1036, 88.67K)

What was the cringeworthy comedy in 2 or 3?

>No U
Everytime

they deleted the autistic canon that the bad era made at least, and the horrible alternate gameplay. i did not like the humor either, it was way more toned down than twinsanity and MoM's "humor" though. far more tolerable. as for the alternate playstyles, i didn't find them an issue in 4. 3 had those gimmick levels that changed up the formula too. and the redesigns are fine, i'm not going to get worked up that a bandicoot has slightly different arms now or whatever.

The thing is that Crash 1-3 were actually fun to 100% and more importantly they didn't take an eternity to complete so if you have to skip 2/3 of a Crash game to find it enjoyable then it's not a good game.

>way too many hidden boxes with 0 hints that they're there
once i encountered my first off-screen box i basically gave up on 100%

Many of the cutscenes, many of the stage names.

Now who's samefagging

OK, such as?

Honestly no they were not fun to 100% either.

Nice try, kike
and this disshonest kike posting is gay too

Then your opinion is worthless