Just played OOT for the first time. Why is this considered the best game of all time?

Just played OOT for the first time. Why is this considered the best game of all time?

>empty fields with NOTHING in them
>loot is fucking useless
>open treasure chest... 5 RUPEES!!! YAY!!!
>reused enemies fucking everywhere, I seriously groaned after the 8th Stalfos fight
>enemies are pointless, just run past them who cares lol
>second half of the game is absolute shit, you can tell they ran out of content and had to rush the spirit temple

Attached: zelda-02-gq-21nov18_b.jpg (1920x1080, 327.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Udw-UxiJQqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You were not supposed to point those out. You were supposed to be a zeldadrone

Because it has soul.

Attached: ocarina.jpg (4000x5333, 3.9M)

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
Ocarina of Time revolutionized the industry and was very innovative
it's literally and figuratively a conduit, a link to the past, through time, bridging our present time to when it revolutionized EVERYTHING, you can seperate this hobby of playing video games into two time periods; BEFORE OCARINA OF TIME & AFTER OCARINA OF TIME, with this fucking masterpiece masterclass of innovative design paving the way forward

-deku stick and arrows can be lit on fire to transfer it to burnable obstacles
-playable instrument allowed for a multitude of different castable spells.
-ztargeting that allows you to lock onto enemies and strafe them, recenter the camera, and peer around corners all without an additional analog stick.
-Navi is a interactive guidance system as a character.
-a rideable mount to get around the huge hubworld, teleportation between important locations, and shortcuts at various junctures.
-you could see locations far off in the distance like death mountain from hyrule field or kakariko village from death mountain and go there.
-face buttons you could reassign items to.
-the menu system is an intuitive cube you rotate to the information and your equipment is visibly attached and detached from your portrait.
-choreographed combat where when you see an enemy guarding it's blocking, and when it lowers its guard it's vulnerable.
-you automatically jump when walking off of ledges with momentum, drop and jump to grabs, all without the need for another button.
-the context sensitive action button literally everything uses, in OoT it told you simple words what would happen should you press it.
-attention to detail such as shadows that rotated around the character in relation to light sources, water that reflected objects, and rooms being blanketed in darkness when enemies sap light from the room to hurl as weapons.

Pay your respects to a very impressive and technologically advanced game that set impossible standards

because that's all they had back in the day.

>lift stone... KOROK SEED!!!! YAY!!!!

>soul is when game old

Attached: 1650671855687.jpg (5760x3240, 2.49M)

Reusing enemies and empty fields hmm

Maybe try going to it without the intention to find things to dunk on so you can feel smug and call it overrated like everyone and their mother seems to be doing

>has to post modded shots from the 3ds remake
lol
lmao

Wow dude it's crazy how so many play this game every day for the first time ever and type this exact same post

Attached: 1616703652184.png (499x338, 38.36K)

Look all I know is when games have big empty fields and reuse enemies they're bad, okay? Why would it be any different for OOT?

It’s because you are supposed to get the horse and travel and learn to use the bow and arrows and other ranged weapons or get off and fight the skeletons at night. Not good design. It needs changed in the PC ports to something better.
You are ignoring the fact that Zelda 64 Ocarina of Time is just enjoying itself after going from 2D to 3D and letting Mario 64 do all the dirty work first. You didn’t play Mario 64 first and review that so your opinion is subverted or discarded. Which was intended.

Attached: 871EDC73-41FF-46F6-ACAB-581EA51892AB.jpg (1118x1080, 156.76K)

>soul is when game old

Attached: Nord Yes.png (680x709, 243.33K)

This. Games become soulful when they hit 15 years old. Sonic 06 soulful af.

It was great for its time period. By modern standards OoT isn't that great and is definitely not even close to being the best Zelda game, let alone of all time.

It doesnt need anything considering it already came out decades ago and was successful in sales.

It honestly is.
youtube.com/watch?v=Udw-UxiJQqQ

>3DS version

Attached: Gollum_ SCHTuuuupIIIDD FAAHT HoooBITZ.gif (500x212, 991.04K)

Exactly. Games these days are too afraid to have such nostalgic glitches and bugs.

Its too old. I played it when I was 10, thought it was brilliant, but if you aren't nostalgic I don't see why a sane adult would sit and play through it. The puzzles are interesting and the music is good, but the graphics, combat, inventory
... all objectively ass
>it was innovative
Cool, but the world moved on. Not a slight against the game, but standards are higher now than they were multiple decades ago.

The only Zelda game I've played that even came close to being as good as OoT is OoS

It's a really good game but not the best of all time. And the reason it's often called that in the listings of various publications and sites is that they often take influence/seniority into account, which is why you'll see stuff like Pong on those lists as well.
Also, knowing it's not the greatest game ever made doesn't make you special, but hopefully you're aware of that at least.

>you can tell they ran out of content and had to rush the spirit temple
Wut? Spirit, forest and water are the only good ones.

Nope, it needs pig Ganon, better overworld music and gameplay design. Mouse and keyboard controls like quake and dark souls 3 (elden ring), first person perspective, further view distances without blurry textures and fog, and more. That’s what they get for being the best video game of all time and going to the handhelds first for a makeover. PC comes first, faggots.

Attached: 2920A4F6-C43B-42DE-8871-D9413EED1618.jpg (1920x1080, 221.63K)

it's okay that you lack the ability to abstract
they make games for you now

You're totally right. OP should play botw instead

The only people who hate this game are Bieber zoomers born in 98 and Gen Alpha shitters like you.

Yeah haha he'd really be btfoing nintendo then

Shill somewhere else, fromtranny,

it has pig ganon

No.
It has calamity Ganon.

Attached: FBD86F07-E393-48AE-AE98-D408E09240A1.jpg (800x1086, 138.95K)

Trannies hate From.

Dude the Spirit Temple has no original enemies. It's fucking shit. They just reuse enemies from earlier in the game.

>the Spirit Temple has no original enemies
Anubis

Weren't the Iron Knuckles new to it?

It had the floating anubis statues that mirrored your movement. Now shit your diaper and sit there explaining to me how this suddenly doesnt count.

Why does this stale ass pasta still get replies?

So just one original new enemy. Wow. it was rushed, admit it

kek

I didn't honestly expect someone stupid enough to commit to such a retarded shitpost that's admirable but god damn you're dumb

Anubis

Awwww is the nintendotranny seething?

So every temple was rushed?

SO what's your excuse for all the other reused enemies?

Yes. Reused enemies and useless loot everywhere.
>Bombchus (5)
WOW THANKS GAME!

Because it's other shitposters desperately trying to bait newfags that haven't seen it yet

Anubis.

Yes

Just disappointed. Invent some new pasta man.

Okay but, what if Zelda was a horse?

Attached: 1650673265970.png (1435x1046, 815.32K)

This game has no content either. Just a single long fetch quest that you have to use the wiki to understand. Dogshit game design.

It's almost like putting certain games and their innovations into context in this case the context would be time, is almost a requirement to get a basic understanding of what makes certain games great.

Attached: okretard.jpg (757x1000, 61.25K)

Sorry but I can't. OoT isn't a combat-focused game at all, I wouldn't even care if a dungeon that late had no new enemies.
You want to know what a rushed Zelda is like? Play Wind Waker. It's a huge difference, everything about that one feels unfinished. When I play OoT I feel like it's complete and the best thing the devs knew how to make at the time, flaws and all.

I hate zoomers so much it's unreal

Attached: 1633129322318.png (378x481, 186.11K)

I gotta admit, it's pretty high effort for a pasta post. Usually OP just drops the pasta and never does any follow up posts

Nostalgia. Wind Waker, BotW, Twilight Princess are all better.

Zoomers love OoT.

What happened with the PC port of this?
There were 2 versions or some shit?

>Twilight Princess

What is there to do in OOT but combat? There's literally nothing. A gay fishing hole but that's it.

literally all of these criticisms also apply to elden ring

Zooms hate OoT.

>That shitty emulation and stretched 16:9

(Don't reply to me if you're a phone poster or otherwise can't view images unscaled)

Attached: 2022-02-19-182206_1920x1080_scrot.png (1276x959, 1.96M)

Exploration, puzzles, side quests, mini-games etc. You could remove combat entirely from OoT and it would still be a good game.

Zooms love the N64 in general.

Zoomers change thier opinions to fit in with ECELEB #2673

Zoomers grew up on the Gamecube ports and the 3DS version. Leave your house and talk to some zoomers.

>Reward: heart piece
Wow thanks game! Literally fucking nothing worth exploring here.