Fuck zodiac signs, what kind of Tetris player are you?

Fuck zodiac signs, what kind of Tetris player are you?

Attached: tetris.png (1237x850, 151.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FhsFPuft8b8
youtu.be/IyVh40sOav0
youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
youtube.com/watch?v=qqfXDgy-Ggo
twitter.com/doremypuyotet/status/1517546565472342017
puyovs.com/download.html
youtube.com/watch?v=afPkAeBj-Vw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A, but the gap is on the left

so that would be C you fucing moro
personally i am A
however puyopuyo is the superior game
youtube.com/watch?v=FhsFPuft8b8

i only play puyo tetris and i mainly go for t-spins

play puyo puyo with me on puyo vs 2

Attached: 3254.png (638x507, 11.6K)

>middle

sacrilege

B to deal with disproportionate amounts of S and Z pieces

Fuck what you like to do whats the meta here?

youtu.be/IyVh40sOav0

I appreciate your constant effort for Puyo matches every time I see them.
However I am a puyo brainlet.

Modern tetris:
Center well for low gravity, right well for high gravity. 3-tile wide pieces spawn on columns 4-6 so right well has a slight advantage over left well for stacking and sliding pieces.

NES tetris:
Center well if you are an absolute madman, right well if you are a mortal. Pieces and the rotation system favor a right well and due to the RNG it is easier to burn pieces and salvage misdrops on the right side.

Do people really do B? sPerverts

Going for Tetrises at all isn't meta

D.
I never use line block vertical. Only horizontal. I'm not a pussy faggot.

Perfect clear into D-T cannon, anything past that depends on the game and opponent.

Attached: tetris.jpg (196x377, 14.41K)

get with the times grandpa, no one sets up tetrises anymore. It's all about T spins now.

this is me

Attached: 1633676557856.png (372x617, 64.38K)

I don't think I've ever seen a single person who plays C, like I get that it's functionally the same thing as A but it feels wrong

> what kind of Tetris player are you?
A tetris attack player

Attached: 983B87CB-E63B-49EB-8B21-CA7AC7A9604B.png (953x536, 229.26K)

How do I go fast?
I want to get a sub 1 min time but I can't comprehend anything past the first piece preview most of the time, let alone holding a piece without stuttering and losing time like a retard

Attached: file.png (564x207, 21.86K)

In older games where the pieces can only rotate in one direction, it is functionally different and more optimal.

*pannel de pon/puzzle league

I'm a 4-wide player, because 2-wides are for degenerates.

B chads report in
>Completely eliminate 2 blocks from play just throwing them on the right as they appear
>Simple algorithm for the left side that always repeats

its okay. i just really like finding people to play with so i try every chance i get.

a or c

>Fuck Zodiac signs
Reddit thread

I have puzzle league and meteos on a DS emulator on my phone, they are infinitely more fun than any gachashit or other modern mobile game

I start with C because I'm better at doing a left-well DT cannon start, then try to shift toward B.

I hate tetris zoomers with a passion.

Usually A but then part way through when I start getting sloppy my style becomes a B

B is significantly harder to pull off than A, but generally more rewarding.

What's the point of leaving a hole unfilled?

Huge points for getting 8 lines cleared back to back with two lines

>now i just realized i probably show my ineptitude by picking a side but rotating pieces in the wrong direction
fuck
i'm too dumb to even remember there's a second rotate button much less think on the fly about which direction is quicker. i never had a chance.

Attached: 1644717494148.jpg (673x842, 33.26K)

>see a single screenshot of a Tetris game
>immediately have the urge to play
What the fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

Tetriskino

don't worry about speed, focus on stacking properly. Try playing without using hold.

Is there a good game to ease you into Puyo?
There was a DS game that recently got a full fan translation finished with an adventure game look so I've thought about trying that unless it really is better just to get something like Kirby's Avalanche, play on hard and suffer through childhood ptsd until I get good.

For NES tetris A is objectively correct because of the way the pieces rotate.
For modern tetris none of them are correct because the play style no longer supports it. The likes of DT cannon, 4-wide, and perfect clears just completely shit on just stacking leaving a hole for the I piece.

You're probably talking about Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary. Yes, it's extremely solid for practicing since the practice mode has a built in rewind function. Kirby's Avalanche and Mean Bean Machine, as novel as they are, are terrible for newcomers since they use PP1's ruleset.

>mother fucker gets perfect cleared FIVE TIMES in the last game
>still wins
youtube.com/watch?v=qqfXDgy-Ggo

You're not a real tetris player unless you can do this.
twitter.com/doremypuyotet/status/1517546565472342017

I'm convinced Doremy is an AI.

The best way to get into puyo is by playing the newest game (puyo puyo tetris 2) on the switch and getting stomped online until you get good. also learn many different builds and do lots of solo practice. thats what i did but with the first puyo tetris.

What version of tetris is this?

tetr.io
someone should host a room

i will never understand how hes a top player in 4 different games.

tetr.io, limitless tetris and where everyone's mostly gone it seems since the tetris company is shit
Download the desktop client, you can still use it as a guest so its just better performance/can turn off ads as an option in settings

I guess Chronicle, actually.
But it seems 20th Anniversary has an english patch as well so I'll look into that more too.
Was this PP1 ruleset you talk about just harder or is it overall less interesting?
I supposed the Switch online is more active than Steam?

Attached: 1631563702062.png (1500x1500, 3.3M)

How do I into tetris 99?

>I supposed the Switch online is more active than Steam?
yes. literally no one plays it on steam. i wish this werent the case because i prefer playing on pc

how do i play

>Was this PP1 ruleset you talk about just harder or is it overall less interesting?
Think of it as quality of life improvements which basically every other game in the series used after that. Off the top of my head, in PP1 you couldn't shift puyos in one tile wide spaces and couldn't reduce garbage sent to you with further combos, probably more stuff as well.

not him so i dont know if hes still on but
puyovs.com/download.html

>Was this PP1 ruleset you talk about just harder or is it overall less interesting?
Both. You know how garbage piles up above your board before it comes down? In PP1, you couldn't make that garbage go away once it started piling up. Your only recourse was to hope the enemy didn't send enough to knock you out in one shot.

all at the same time

puyovs.com/download.html
register and press 'join lobby' when it asks
just checked and doesn't look like he's still on
I'd play but I can barely get a chain from a clean board so it wouldn't be very interesting

I only cleared story mode so i dont think im good at all

I switch between A and B, interjecting with the occasional three wide when I feel like dunking on my mates a little.

how do you get better at stacking? i know you're supposed to build flatly and not have dependencies but idk how to do that

sounds like you arent good then. ill still play you if you want

Find a pattern that works and learn it until you can do it in your sleep. The bag exists, abuse it.

For me, it's T spin triple setup to tetris

Sub 1 minute in Puyo Puyo Tetris reporting. Just practice without stacking as the other user suggested; full on, non-stop. Don't reset and don't stress, and understand that the best way to learn is by grinding.

Try to get 20-30 minutes in whenever you feel the itch and you'll be there in a no time. Good luck and have fun.

>PPT meme videos were a thing for a brief amount of time

This one of course.

Attached: 1632698523774.png (1280x720, 1.69M)

what meme videos?

youtube.com/watch?v=afPkAeBj-Vw

The double T-spin kind

Fucking chigyu

A:
>gap doesn't accomodate for anything other than line pieces
>eventually get desperate and use an L piece for a double, then a single to open the gap back up
B:
>ideally S/Zs go to right, L/Js and blocks go left, lines go down middle
>gets shit fucked by Ts, squares, bad RNG
C:
>room to combo doubles, triples, and tetrises without blocking the gap
>everything fits neatly to the right as long as you're not retarded
pretty simple choice