Has any other game managed to capture such a grand scale of adventure as Elden Ring?

Has any other game managed to capture such a grand scale of adventure as Elden Ring?

Attached: Liurna.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

No.

It's really not that deep FOTMSofter

Honestly no

It's the OoT for this generation.

I'd sell Fallout 3 as being the best explorative experience I ever had in gaming.
When you get out of the vault it truly feels like you can go anywhere.
Oblivion as well, probably. Maybe it's just my childhood whimsy.

>Maybe it's just my childhood whimsy.
It definitely is. Fo3 and Oblivion are both notoriously bad at actual open world exploration. It's the quest writing in those games that makes them popular.

Not only did BOTW do it five years earlier, but BOTW also did it better.

Attached: 1648571158386.jpg (2158x1168, 509.51K)

Any game you played as a kid. Your imagination is better than anything a female, trans or Asian game dev can dream up.

Yeah, I just remember getting out and feeling like I could go anywhere, do anything, and it felt like I was progressing.

I think there's plenty of games with big empty maps

Yes, me crawling into your mom's asshole.

Played both. Elden ring is miles better.

why do you guys keep making elden ring threads

what's your end game here

Nothing comes close but the experience is greatly diminished after your first playthrough. I can't bring myself to do another after my first 100 hour run.

Nah. Played both. BotW is miles better.

Botw,elden ring and rdr2 really are the only games that gave me the grand adventure feeling

BOTW took me 100 hours to complete, game got repetitive as fuck by the 30 hour mark

Elden ring took 120 hours, got repetitive by the 115 hour mark.

>breaking weapons: the game
>no tangible progress: the game
>nothing to explore: the game
>better
Seriously?

Yes, Dark Souls. More than 10 years ago, mind you.

lol

>Elden ring took 120 hours, got repetitive by the 115 hour mark.
lol. lmao.

Attached: 1647130912898.png (1651x600, 118.87K)

talk about videogames on Yea Forums

B B B BUT METAL CONDUCTS ELECTRICITY LOOK!!!!

Came to post this.

Attached: Ash Lake skull.jpg (1920x1080, 299.43K)

Ah yes botw with its massive bestairy of 5 enemies and no repeated bosses at all no sirey

It could be a single one of any of those enemes repeated over and over and it would still be better than any BOTW ganon fight

Oh shit, I forgot something
>no dungeons: the game

>Yea Forums
>Video games
Go back

And? Are you really gonna tell me
>hinox
>hinox skeleton
>gannon shade with fire
>gannon shade with ice
>red boblin
>silver goblin
>gold boblin
Is better?

Attached: elden ring adventure.webm (960x540, 604.68K)

based

To where? Literally all I want to do is have somewhere else other than this shithole to go too.

DAY 1,876 OF BOTW MAKING Yea Forums SEETHE!
GIVE IT UP, FOR DAY 1,876!

Attached: giveitup.jpg (540x514, 70.87K)

Why do you toddlers come into elden ring threads just to spam zelda trash instead of just ignoring the elden ring threads in the first place?

spbp

Attached: 1493945412161.jpg (3600x2024, 2.98M)

Attached: 1523580790464.png (1005x632, 790.93K)

They know deep down elden ring is the reason the new one got delayed. It hurts them greatly because if by some chance both realised at the same time in botw2s current state elden ring would of given it the horizon zero dawn treatment

I liked both BOTW and Elden Ring :)

Attached: 1530536494023.jpg (449x998, 201.12K)

>ruins and grotesque dead things as far as the eye can see
what a great adventure

Do you have to be within 10+10% levels to summon in this game? I heard you don't if you use a password.

If that's true, could someone dorp me a whip and/or urumi and/or hoslow's petal whip? I'd really appreciate it. If it's whip and/or urumi I'll go pure dex build with blue dancer charm, if it's hoslow's I'll go arcane bleed build. Cheers.

Xenoblade X
It also had multiple good looking areas. There's a reason 90% of Bing screenshots are taken in Liurnia.

Why do Discord Trannies hate BoTW so much anyways?

Attached: Skell cruising.webm (1144x644, 1.64M)

While the open world is an amazing fucking one too look at, the game has absolutely no sense of adventure.
It's just cool scenery and not much else.

>BotW mentioned
>favela nigger trannoids scum immediatly goes on mental breakdown
heh

Attached: 1632251152278.webm (982x528, 2.84M)

But enough about Elden Ring.

Can you fags stop trying to compare Elden Ring to BotW? They're two entirely different types of worlds that serve two entirely different purposes.

BotW is a physics playground with not much set dressing. It's not about the visuals or the ever present danger of the world, it's about the fun the player can have at any moment with the physics engine and puzzles. Elden Ring is basically the complete opposite. There isn't much interactivity but it makes up for it with sheer scale, beauty, and danger. BotW is a fun playground sandbox, Elden Ring is a beautiful sculpture filled with annoying but lovable hazards. I love them both and they scratch different parts of my brain.

I think we can all agree they're both better than RDR2 althoughbeit.

Attached: 1650385895067s.jpg (250x218, 5.83K)

People have discussed Elden ring in the months since release more than they have botw in the five years it’s been out. The only thing people have ever talked about and continue to talk about is boring metacritic shitposting. Like what you did here

>I think we can all agree they're both better than RDR2 althoughbeit.
Debatable.

Attached: Red Dead Rdemption 2 ambiance 5.webm (1920x1080, 2.5M)

Breath of the Wild shits all over ER.

Final Fantasy XV

This. Elden Ring has given both tendies and westernshit devs PTSD for life.

Every
Single
Fucking
Time
>thread: is elden ring the greatest adventure game of all time
>NO THATS BOTW
>I played BOTW and elden ring and I prefare elden ring
>OH YEAH WELL *lists problems with elden ring* SO BOTW IS BETTER
>ok but *lists problems with BOTW*
>*completly ignores counter points and doesnt acknowledge them* HAHAHA DAY 90000 OF BOTW MAKING PEOPLE SEETH HAHA
>suddenly brings up trannies out of no where

Every. Single. Fucking. Thread.

RDR2's world would be amazing if the actual gameplay they designed for it was fun. What we got was basically TLOU but bigger.

I SAW A SHRINE
OMG ITS LEAKING WITH CONTENT

Ghotic

You were underage 5 years ago and weren't here.

Quite a lot. Elden Ring felt boxy and small despite the undeniably large scale.

At this point I'm convinced that anyone who still thinks about BotW is deranged. Doesn't matter if it's in a positive or negative light, anyone who thinks about it constantly 5 years later is nuts.

Haven't played it yet, but is the game's design ignoring that its gameplay is more cumbersome than anything else? If it tries to give you a shitload of crap to do and action all the time, then yeah, that must suck, but if it's mainly riding your horse, enjoying the scenery and occasionally finding secrets and shit, then it could be good.
Looking forward to trying it, but I need a long break between open world games.

/thread
dark souls is the same on a smaller scale though

this

It's just GTA but worse.

I was older than you are now when OoT came out.

This

Attached: Gothic 1 first adventure.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

No it didn't lmfao. Elden Ring is the first game I've ever seen described as "never ending" despite not being procedurally generated. My jaw dropped when I found the 3rd underground area, thinking I already cleared the whole map after 100 hours.

the craziest thing for me is that i know (with the exception of the blood moon pic) where each and every one of those pics was taken.

Is crazy how they did such a memorable map.

No, they are, for most people, the same thing. Physics playground, as you call it, is for the turbonerds and speedrunners. Nobody tried that shit out on their normal playthrough. They got sucked in by the grossly inflated reviews (LIKE AC BUT WITHOUT MARKERS OMG!!!!)

Yep thats my dream right there sir.

For me the average thread felt like a zanzibart shitpost thread with everyone talking about random shit I’ve never seen despite having like 60 hours in the game playing alongside everyone

I agree 100 percent. Most of the complaints I see about rdr2 are all total bullshit from fags who havent actually played it. Guarantee if this game somehow ran on the toddler Fisher price tablet discussion would be MUCH more positive

Contrarians gonna hate it, but: Skyrim.

It’s one of the few adventures massive enough you can get lost for hours or even days following random sidequests. ER never achieves that, as the only way to interact with the world is combat.

Admittedly, the combat is much better in ER, but my point still stands.

Attached: 9E0E3FEB-991C-431A-BE83-F15DBC465C4F.jpg (640x360, 64.93K)

>nobody tried that shit on their normal playthrough
Fucking speak for yourself dumbass. The physics was the main draw for me and many BotW fans. The same game without a physics engine would be 7/10 and we wouldn't even be talking about it right now like how we don't talk about The Witcher 3 anymore.

to add to this I'd give a rough list:

> most other soulsborne games
> rdr1/2
> fallout 3
> horizon zero dawn
> fear & hunger
> gta IV

Maybe a rough list but all games where you felt way more engaged exploring a rich world.

This is some good bait.

as much as i enjoy elden ring, dragons dogma unironically does the "adventure" vibe better, despite effectively being an unfinished tech demo. ER wouldve been better without the open world, or at least with a lot of the open space/crappy copypaste dungeons removed in favor of more "big" legacy dungeons

>They know deep down elden ring is the reason the new one got delayed

How old are you? Every fucking Zelda game goes through multiple delays.

ER > RDR2 >>>>>>>> BOTW

And yes, Odyssey is the superior game to BOTW, this isn’t some anti-nintendo bias. The only people who actually rate botw are omega casuals and women

It's not bait, you just don't have an argument.

how hard is malenia really
just got to her and gave it a shot, seemed like cancer so i figured id return after the final boss
wait is this like ds1 where u have to end the game or can you go do other stuff after you beat the final boss

I would say BotW movement and landmarks around the world make the overworld feel more enjoyable than pretty much any other open world game. ER open world is fine and I like being rewarded by exploring by getting new loot but I wouldn't say the world itself is that groundbreaking.

Come home...

Attached: Skyrim Cinegrid.jpg (3840x1800, 1.9M)

BotW>>>>anything else>>>> ER
Facts.

>we wouldn't even be talking about it right now like how we don't talk about The Witcher 3 anymore.
Nobody ever talks about botw see

Actually no, contrarian trannies will seethe at this truth.

Attached: ... (2).png (1105x1077, 432K)

Never said it wasn't big but there was little intrigue to the world. Nothing ever brought much new or reason to see it, no areas were really engaging. The fromsoft storytelling doesn't work as well when asking you to go out to see random villages. I played 200 hours and if im honest was bored 150 of them.

Elden ring > rdr2 > skyrim > botw

And now this is weak bait.

I tried that shit out, don't get me wrong. But it was not the main draw, not for anyone except maybe fringe cases. This is not fucking Garry's Mod we are talking about here and I would imagine the overlapping playerbase of both titles is rather.... small.

dude why is "gravity tall men" so funny to me

Attached: laugh.jpg (632x350, 61.96K)

You're just forcing an opinion that makes no sense. Elden Ring has tons of great landmarks and beautiful vistas. Tons of secrets to find too. What is a world with a lot of intrigue? Breathe of the wild amirite?

She's horrible. You can come back after defeating the final boss.

Contrarian trannies seething hard other this fact, I see.

>grand scale of adventure
>A bunch of copy-paste dungeons with recycled bosses for items/ashes/etc. that are useless

Damn nigga that’s a good joke.

Why even bother replying to posts without an argument? It's like showing up to a fight just to get punched in the face and then acting like you won.

You just described every adventure game ever.

>how hard is malenia really
Not very.

Attached: One hitting Malenia.webm (854x480, 2.76M)

>see that empty mountain in the distance? you can run past all the enemies there and grab that artoria leaf at the top
when did you realize it was better to have a backdrop you cant explore but that triggers your imagination and makes the world feel bigger; than an explorable but miserable open world that makes the world feel smaller since there's no reason to ever revisit it?

Attached: 1636076973146.jpg (897x631, 175.39K)

>Tons of secrets
Lmao

This

Not an argument.

>Being alive during the fight
Didn't beat her

Seems better than 4 of the exact same Xblight Ganon reskins. Ganon, and Ganon but you're on a horse.

Kek

>Yo hit this wall for 15 minutes since ching chong in the programming dept fucked up and gave it 99k HP

Never played it and don't care for ninentdshit. The Elden Ring world was just been there done that, the best areas were Leyndell, farum azula, the underground, haligtree and snowfields. All the rest was just messy and boring and im being honest.

I don't think it had great vistas other than the meme Liurnia shot, i way preferred looking out on yharnam. The design was just weird constantly rising ledges after another. Both horizon and rdr2 are recent games with better vistas but that's missing the point, it's that the world didn't give much engagement or adventure.

It's the best game ever made and still hasn't been topped since its release, of course people will think about 5 years later

Better secrets than koroks and weapons that break in 10 hits anyway lmaoooo

>I don't think it had great vistas
Weak bait.

Attached: Elden Ring Environmental Cinegrid (3).jpg (6240x4914, 2.92M)

lol what
did you even play the game
Even though fans of the other Xenoblade games shit on it for not having a predominant, focused narrative, it still had way more going on than "go clean out these copy/pasted catacombs for an Arteria Leaf and a Nascent Butterfly". It had tons of unique tyrants to find and fight, vantage points, actual quests, etc.

>soulless asian ARPG
>adventure

Damn nincels have some low standards guess all those cuckold soiboy pictures of them make sense now

deus ex felt more adventurous then any game i have ever played.

not an argument
cry more

Why are you posting in this thread it's obvious from you response that you think Elden ring is the GREATEST GAME EVARR and have genuine interest in other games.

Most of those aren't vistas user. But as said it's also really not about views as i keep saying.

I love this game, it really nails the feeling of an open world adventure with its sidequests that all feel like small sized main stories in their own right. Starting the companions storyline could lead you to befriend or even become a werewolf, and that will stay with you for the entire rest of the game, other sidequests and the main quest. This kind of shit would never happen in a game like Witcher, because it's too busy with its story to let you have some fun and a cool adventure.
Everything is just as scripted as anything else from any other game, of course, but on a first playthrough it feels organic, it feels like you're stumbling on great things in that world.
The Elden Ring equivalent would be if Ranni's convoluted sidequest that took you to unique areas and to fight that cool boss (that is unfortunately recycled later) wasn't an exception, but the norm, and this would happen left and right with most NPC quests.
Is Oblivion the same in this regard? I never played it, or any other Elder Scrolls game.

NONONONONONO!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!! BOTW HAD SIDE QUESTS GIVEN BY NPCS THAT ALLOWED YOU TO UNLOCK EXPERIENCE POINTS FOR LEVELING UP AND LATE GAME WEAPONS!!!!!!! ALL ELDEN RING SIDE QUESTS GIVE ARE CONSUMABLES AND WEAPONS THAT BREAK!!!!!

Witcher 3 was the better open world game. Just Cause Zelda isn't really anything that stands out and Genshin does what it does better.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

It's funny how every complaint people lob against ER is much worse in BotW

DUDE EMPTY FIELDS WITH ENEMIES YOU CAN RUN PAST
>literally the emptiest fucking fields you'll ever see in a video game
DUDE ARTORIA LEAF
>Hyrule filled with tons of useless shit you will never use or even bother picking up
DUDE REUSED BOSSES
>BotW has 5 enemies and 3 bosses
DUDE USELESS WEAPONS AND ARMOR
>not only are most weapons in BotW useless but they also break, even the master sword has been cucked
DUDE NONSENSICAL LORE AND STORY
>BotW "fixes" this by not even bothering to have a story or lore

Face it. The one thing BotW has going for it is the physics and puzzles. If Nintendo has any IQ points left in their dev office they'll make sure BotW2 goes all out with dungeons and puzzles because that's the only strength of BotW. I say this all as a guy with so many hours in BotW my switch stopped counting at 300.

Come home...

Attached: Oblivion ambiance.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

I feel like for some reason Elden Ring had less npc interaction than even most other soulsborne games which seems mad to me. The scale becomes a little unimpressive when you just ride through every area slashing and move on.

Heres your argument. It's a ubisoft game with a physics engine. Fun for 30 hours and then you've seen everything.

I love this nigga

>Genshin does what it does better.
Really? Can I do webm related in Genshin or Just cause?

Attached: 1636451913004.webm (1920x1080, 1.29M)