It's just some dust, boy

it's just some dust, boy

Attached: dusty-mother-board.jpg (1000x685, 101.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine being a retard who cleans out the dust in their hardware.

Will this actually hurt hardware in any way tho?

Why do motherboards etc always look like little cities?

fucking idiot

No... it actually provides a protective layer

>your party stumbles upon ruins of ancient civilization that was far more advanced

Because they are? That's where the Tron people and Wreck it Ralph live.

This one is an ancient city though, you can tell by the sandstorms that wiped them out

youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y

Might make it overheat

ahhh, the ancient city of Asrock...

Was she just constantly high?

Reminder that this chick drove a man to suicide.

Man
I get why a Bjork fan would want to kill themselves

Post more cities.

Attached: DUtn0RGWkAY_uXl.jpg (960x960, 179.75K)

Attached: ancient city of asus.jpg (640x462, 60.5K)

Could cause overheating, or in the worst case senario if it's really caked down, a fire.

If you live in a humid climate, the dust will promote mold, and mold will hurt the components because it retains moisture.

The world... it's a fucking computer!

Can someone recommend a good airduster to clean PC? Those fucking cans with air don't do shit, most of the time have to clean GC and base cooler with hands.

>tfw your a NEET living inside a NEET's computer

Just get an air compressor ya dingus

I reckon blasting it with an air compressor is your best bet

that's not dust, it's the vision the prothean beacon granted commander shepard

what happened to just using a regular vacuum cleaner?

doesnt that generate a fuckton of static

Indeed. Know a good one? For home, ofc.

and blowing it in an opposite direction somehow doesn't?
it's just a meme

it's an issue with the distance, with a vacuum you gotta practically be in contact with the surface to have enough suction

You're not trying to bypass the compressor, are you?

Not a "fuckton". A bit. Enough to worry about frying components? No. Probably not. There's a video of I think it was Linus actually deliberately generating a genuine fuckton of static electricity to try to deliberately destroy computer components and, if I remember correctly, they didn't actually manage to destroy anything. But people don't want to risk it anyway.

The issue with vacuums is the plastic hose and head. Friction from the air builds a static charge on the plastic. Ever done that old prank where you rub some material or something up and down a PVC pipe and then touch someone with the pipe and they get a static shock from it? Same thing with vacuums.

yeah sounds possible in theory
that's about it really

Never use a vacuum cleaner inside a computer, they build static.
You can get special not-static ones for electronics, but they're expensive.
And if you're using compressed air, turn off the PC and never spin the fans while cleaning.

hairdryer and then vacuum it off the floor kek

>not blasting the fans and making them spin at ultra hihg speed
pussy

legit did this to try to clean out my power source
the little red thing got dinged by the fan and sucked in and melted and soon caused a fire

It's not that it "fries" the PC, but I'm pretty sure it can damage components.
I've had two instances of a computer starting to bluescreen on me after a spring cleaning with a vacuum.
Turned out to be a RAM block in both cases, and I imagine those can be very sensitive to static current.

>and never spin the fans while cleaning
You can spin the fans. Just keep in mind they're basically a turbine so don't spin them too fast otherwise they start generating power.

>psu fan sounds like it's dying
>clean out the dust
>sounds even worse
I hope it doesn't die before my new one arrives.

Attached: 1649601400122.png (720x644, 458.36K)

Try hitting it a couple times. That worked for me for about a week.

When will dust-proof hardware be invented? Just make it so it's like, constantly vibrating on an atomic level or something, not noticeable to humans but enough to disrupt dust and keep it from settling

Dust proof pcs are fanless designs with massive heatsinks

>Turned out to be a RAM block in both cases, and I imagine those can be very sensitive to static current.
Yeah, memory chips were always the thing that was very vulnerable to static electricity. The rest of it, capacitors and resistors and all that, not so much.

>Just make it so it's like, constantly vibrating on an atomic level or something
That's already happening.

It's mildly insulating which can turn into an issue when you're working on the edge. They can also make fans unbalanced if caked on, and if you have a grill is reduces airflow.

>Never use a vacuum cleaner inside a computer
This is a meme. As long as you don't directly touch parts it's perfectly ok to use one.

I love this autism

>As long as you don't directly touch parts
You don't have to touch anything directly. How close you can get is proportional to the amount of charge you've built up. If you've got a sufficient charge it'll just jump across air. That's how lighting works. It's just that touching directly pretty much guarantees dissipation will happen.

The amount of charge you're talking about can only happen with an industry cleaner rubbing on a carpet and not if you use an average household cleaner. I'm cleaning with a vacuum cleaner for 10 years now and nothing has ever happened. PC parts are sturdy as fuck nowadays and won't break if you don't do something significantly wrong.

>The amount of charge you're talking about can only happen with an industry cleaner rubbing on a carpet and not if you use an average household cleaner
It's not difficult at all to build a large enough static charges to have it jump across air. You rub your feet across carpet and then deliberately zap someone that thousands of volts there. The reason it's not particular damaging is because it only lasts for a fraction of a second before the electrical charge is dissipated. Most components of a computer can withstand these sorts of voltages when it's only for a fraction of a second. Some can't. Most notable it's memory chips that are vulnerable. They're a lot more resilient now than they were 30 years ago but they're still more vulnerable than all the other components.

>If you live in a humid climate, the dust will promote mold, and mold will hurt the components because it retains moisture.
God I hate dealing with mold. That's why I keep a few dehumidifiers and silica gel packets around.

If you don't deliberately fuck with your vacuum cleaner nothing is going to happen. Just do it carefully like you would if you touched the parts with your hands, you would also clean your hands and discharge. You can't sell me air in a can, mate.

>integrated computer fireworks

Attached: rifa cap.jpg (263x300, 14.98K)

busted ball bearings most likely
try to get a replacement psu fan

Then why is there still dust in my electronics dumbass?

If you like the idea of computers being cities and people living in a conputer, I recommend watching ReBoot, it’s a really great series with many vidya references.

good morning mr rogan

Attached: 1514966702389.jpg (463x2880, 308.17K)

>search for reboot on netflix
>it has the woke N of death on its cover
shame

bros...
are we just electrons

Depends on the dust, damp dust can cause a short circuit if you are unlucky