ELDEN RING LORE THREAD

What would Mohg's Blood Dynasty have looked like? What would he be able to do with Miquella and his Rune of Abundance?

Attached: nihil.jpg (563x600, 116.32K)

whwhat's up with morgot's shackle? who imprisoned him? he's supposed to be the "true" king from what i understand so why was he shackled and how was he freed?

I'm pretty sure if Miquella successfully emerged from the cocoon as a god and he wasn't insane/corrupted he'd just murder Mogh on the spot and return to the Haligtree to try and salvage it.

>whwhat's up with morgot's shackle?
although he's a royal, he's an omen first and foremost. so he gets a shackle
>who imprisoned him?
parents and basically everyone else
>he's supposed to be the "true" king
mainly because anyone else suitable was dead or defected elsewhere during the shattering
>so why was he shackled
because hes an omen.
>how was he freed?
leyndell needed a ruler, and morgott was unfortunately the only suitable loyal guy still around
>Though born one of the graceless Omen, Morgott took it upon himself to become the Erdtree's protector. He loved not in return, for he was never loved, but nevertheless, love it he did.
>Omen babies born of royalty do not have their horns excised, but instead are kept underground, unbeknownst to anyone, imprisoned for eternity.

He was imprisoned because he was an omen, like his brother Might, in the sewers below Leyndel with the other Omens. No idea who or why they were other than just being deformed. The game has shit lore so you won't get any good answer.

>No idea who or why they were other than just being deformed
crucible influence causes horns to grow, forbidden under the golden order like those who live in death

>Baleful shadow has destined death
Ranni really send black knife assassin larping as Blaidd to hunt herself down!

Poor kid would probably be heartbroken to learn what Malenia has done in his absence.

I'm not staying up all night again for another lore thread, so I'll leave you with this. Consider the following image, stop yourself from immediately replying with some retard shit before you've let the only two neurons in your brains communicate at all, and then post why the similarities are or are not coincidental.

Attached: TheGreatAstelConspiracy.png (2051x1021, 766.31K)

>body parts have hair
thanks for the insight user

they're both insectoid no shit they have similarities

Miquella's a total faggot simply because he put himself in a position where he could be caught off guard. Mohg was just taking advantage of a fool during an insane war so he did nothing wrong.

what if miquella knew what he was doing? He sent his sister and their army to the other side of the world (why?) then happens to get "kidnapped" by a batshit omen . Mohgwyn is right under the battlefield where malenia fought radahn., That's a lot of blood.
The haligtree wasn't working out to cure his curse, but maybe the blood sacrifice of thousands of soldiers would be. Miquella is a prettyboy and probably trying to pull a Griffith sacrifice -> apotheosis. Malenia is in on it and that's why she isn't trying to rescue him. (There is a freaking mogwhyn portal right outside ordina, and albinaurics seem to have a connection to both the siblings, while also serving mohg)

Attached: anime-berserk.gif (546x640, 2.73M)

>what's up with morgot's shackle
Omen babies are killed on sight if they are born a lowly peasant, if your parents are royal, the situation isn't much better, you get to live, but in the underground dungeon suffering neglect care, torturing and spite from normal people. Morgott and Mogh are son of the golden linage, so aside from all the exclusive perks of being an omen, they also have their own shackle with their name on it because they are strong.
>who imprisoned him
Most likely Marika after she banished Godfrey and his warriors to other lands to wage war and die. And Godfrey clearly loves his son based on his fight cutscene so it can't be him.
>he's supposed to be the "true" king from what i understand so why was he shackled and how was he freed?
The first golden linage of Leyndell Capital consisted of Morgott, Mohg and Godwyn, Godwyn was probably the king but he was assassinated, Mohg fucked off and created his own dynasty with his wife Miquella so when the Capital was under attack from other countries, Morgott took up the rein as king as his birth right.

>Godwyn was probably the king but he was assassinated
Wouldn't the king be the current Elden Lord? It was probably Radagon

It took me this long, until now, to realize that Marika shattering the Elden Ring was a failed attempt to destroy the Elden Beast.

The blood under the battlefield makes so much sense

He's definitely coming out of that cocoon and I'm gonna rape him with my blasphemous blade

Attached: IMG_20220422_153451.jpg (1079x670, 131.75K)

yeh i think i was wrong on that, Radagon was the next king after Godfrey, but Godwyn was the most likely candidate after the shattering if he wasn't killed.

Now I'm curious.

Has anyone put omen-hunters up against the omens to see who'll win?
And why was an omen hunter serving under Gideon to attack the Albi village?

If he wakes up and she's actually dead and not just resting in the flower he'd probably just kill himself desu

>Caria was a place in ancient Greece
>Hometown of Endymion
>Who was the lover of Selene, the goddess of the moon
BRAVO GRRM

Only the best lore from the creator of Anal London's tax policies.

His end goals still seem noble and his unused ending (probably left for the DLC) is probably the happiest of all
Maybe he devised a plan to fuck up Formless Mother and it required his kidnapping

Could it be that the Lake of Rot is older than Malenia?

Attached: Miquella Is Angy.png (793x645, 99.78K)

made this based off an anons speculation a thread or two ago.
thoughts?

Attached: miquella uterine rupture.jpg (1030x1470, 249.27K)

>MohGWYN!!!!
Elden Ring confirmed Dark Souls sequel.

Attached: 89784654856454.jpg (1280x720, 244.6K)

Omen Hunters are the actual assassins of the Two Fingers. They kill albinaurics, omens, demi humans, and anyone else the Erdtree doesn't favor who isn't important enough to send a black knife for.

miquella is actually a mail box, see the flag is raised and when we enter mohg has finished reading his mail and the hand goes down

stay tuned for my other theories, like how radahn is dead/zombified and we're actually just fighting his horse

Attached: 20220404160523_1.jpg (1920x1080, 359.97K)

Remember that force ghost shouting at Mogh shouting to not steal their "precious flesh". Isn't that a weird way to refer to your lord? I think everyone knew the cocoon had an empty body inside and that Miquella's soul is somewhere else. Everyone is waiting for his return, even Malenia.

Attached: 1650579972902.jpg (1920x1080, 431.08K)

where is this? I couldn't find it

It's in Malenia's boss area.

Omen Hunters hunt Albinaurics too, it's why you see one in Rykard's Albinauric torture chamber

Why is there an Albinautic torture chamber in the volcano manor to begin with? Why is everyone a cunt to them?

Mask was obviously a Golden Order faithful but what do you think was his position on the Two Fingers movement/religion?

Attached: 1650610705327.jpg (1280x720, 341.47K)

Cuckoo's - want their blood to make pots that help them kill Tarnished
Perfumers - same as above, but also work for Gideon to find Haligtree.
Volcano Manor - for fun, probably also to find Haligtree

Everyone hates them. Even castle Sol have a couple of them being tortured.

I wonder why. They seem harmless.

I don't know what you think this does prove, but it almost certainly doesn't. You can see Astel's tail in game for yourself, it doesn't end on a stinger, but on a spiked mace sort of structure. It is extremely unlikely it had both the mace and a stinger, besides, why would the wing refer to Astel by name and title and yet the Stinger only mentions "a sealed outer god"?, shit makes no sense.

That's almost certainly the case. The lake rests directly under the Academy and the Academy itself dates back to the time before Malenia was born, when Radagon and Renala where a thing. So yeah, it's either a leftover, proof of the pressence of the God of Rot in the lands between eons ago or the place where Malenia flourished for the very first time. That would be extremely odd, that she'd go to one of the most remote corners of the world for an unknown purpose. She may have been taken there forecefully or lured,but there's no proof of that.

The real question is if the lake itself is older than the structures within it. the Grand Cloyster probably holds a lot of insights into that matter, but I'm already leaning on the idea that whatever used to be built there it's even older than the rot, if only because it's the only way the Dragonkin Soldier being there makes any sense at all to me.

Graceless and artificial, therefore subhumans in the eyes of these fuckers.

My interpretation is that the Grand Cloister was either built or repurposed by the Kindred of Rot to worship the location where the Rot God was sealed away by the blue dancer/Nokstellan forces. Hence why you see the remnant dragonkin soldier in the lake, and why the path leading to the Lake of Rot from Nokstella almost feels like a containment zone.

Exactly what they would have done to the Tarnished if Marika hadn't exiled them.

There are only three places where we see the Banished Knight enemies in the game; Stormveil Castle, Castle Sol, and Farum Azula.

Why? Where were they exiled from?

>The misshapen corpse under Stormveil? That is a sacred relic. Of the black knives plot. As that famed night of assassination is known.
>It happened during the Golden Age of the Erdtree, long before the shattering of the Elden Ring. Someone stole a fragment of the Rune of Death from Maliketh, the Black Blade. And on a bitter night, murdered Godwyn the Golden.
>That was the first recorded Death of a demigod in all history. And it became the catalyst. Soon, the Elden Ring was smashed, and thus sprang forth the war known as the Shattering.
Which fucking is it? One second Rogier is telling the player that the night of the black knives happened "long before" the shattering, the next he's saying the shattering happened "soon" after the night of the black knives. Those imply very different timeframes.

Attached: rogier-art-elden-ring-wiki-300px.jpg (300x518, 30.42K)

Time is convoluted and shit

Maybe he has no idea what's going on and is just making shit up to justify his big hat

I think hes like Jesus to the ol Jewish religion

Corhyn the zealot starts out thinking Mask's going to revitalize the order, only to realize his teachers ideas will clash with the old religion

>My interpretation is that the Grand Cloister was either built or repurposed by the Kindred of Rot to worship the location where the Rot God was sealed away by the blue dancer/Nokstellan forces.
That's a cool take. I personally won't theorize much just because I'd like to comb over the lake before running my mouth, but I do think the Grand Cloyster is contemporary to the rest of Nokstella, iirc, the architecture is the same there as in the rest of the eternal cities, so Kindred of Rot might have been transformed inhabitants of Nokstella or appeared after it was largely abandoned (no idea how). The idea of a containment zone makes sense, Ainsel River is right there, next to the lake. Imagine how catastrophic it'd be if the rot filtered into it. It'd essentially poison the entire world even now. If a containment zone was setup, we can also asume that the Grand Cloyster was at one point part of Nokstella and then the Rot happened. It would make no sense to set up a containment zone and then go inside it to build a gigantic temple complex.

But if the containment was set up by the Nokstella inhabitants that rules out the idea that it was the site of Malenia's first flourishing, since that'd make the lake much, much older than herself.

And then there's the ants. They aren't as explicitly related to rot, but the Antspur Rapier does prove that there's something of a connection. They also show up on the Haligg Tree, which is pretty conspicuous. Odd stuff all around.

Banished Knights might have served the Storm King that Godfrey defeated, which would explain the wind abilities.Otherwise they may originate from Farum Azula. It seems obvious to me that no resident of Castle Sol was native to Giant's Peak. It's forbidden land and the home of the giants after all and if the Banished Knights originally served the Storm King or come from Farum Azula they probably are contemporary to the giants and I think Castle Sol was built after the giants were dead. An important detail is that their helmet is decorated with what appears to be an ancient dragon, which would probably link them to Farum Azula, though Ancient Dragons were probably MUCH more common throughout the Lands Between in the past, lets not forget that before Godfrey and Marika, Placidussax was Elden Lord.

They might also come from a completely unknown fourth place. The game does say they were banished so they might come from some other place entirely.

He's a Fundamentalist like Miriel, who's malding over their movement turning into rabid undead obsessed zealots

>rabid undead obsessed zealots
t. Fia
Nobody cares about mindless skeletons having rights.

>One of the incantations of the Golden Order fundamentalists.
>Used by hunters of Those Who Live in Death.
>Alleviates death blight buildup.
>The noble Goldmask lamented what had become of the hunters.
>How easy it is for learning and learnedness to be reduced to the
ravings of fanatics; all the good and the great wanted, in their foolishness, was an absolute evil to contend with.
>Does such a notion exist in the fundamentals of Order?

there are shitloads of dragons at farum azula, which is a mausoleum designed to house the old dragon elden lord

Nothing because his plan has failed fantastically and the actual cut ending is not even about Mogh.
Anyone who doesn't realize that Mogh being a lunatic is lorelet.

I agree; I'm inclined to believe that it was built by Nokstellans before the area got turned into a rot lake just because of the fact that there are some extraneous ruins submerged within the lake itself that you can pull up with those buttons (and also the points you make).

But yes, the Lake of Rot is definitely not the site of Malenia's first flourishing; the only somewhat decent candidate for that is in the side room near the Haligtree's roots where you can find a scarlet bloom next to some Traveler's Clothes.

The eternal debate will be if that bloom is there because of 1) Malenia's first blooming, or 2) one of Millicent's sisters somehow blooming in there.

Or just has a bussy fetish

Ok Varre

Seethe harder whore.
Honeyed rays of gold, deliver my spirit.

Attached: 1649002151073.jpg (2606x6141, 3.26M)

>But if the containment was set up by the Nokstella inhabitants that rules out the idea that it was the site of Malenia's first flourishing, since that'd make the lake much, much older than herself.
We know Malenia's first bloom was in Aeonia because of a lore ghost

That's a popular lorelet theory.

So Vyke and Bernhal were both tarnished who came close to becoming Elden Lord, and in Vyke's case also close to being Lord of Frenzy?

Cope, D
Your order was never perfect and will remain a sullied mess even if undead disappeared

Yes because Mogh took a comatose body while the soul is either split between the tree or St.Trina.

So what exactly IS the Golden Order and why do Fundamentalists require both INT and FAI
Even more importantly, despite all the cool posing they do in their spells, are they worth it? I've been tempted to respec

> Albinaurics
> "harmless"
Not when those fucking archers exist, they're still cunts despite not being tortured.

Attached: 1650532588934.png (500x525, 97.12K)

He has a fetish for everything. Look at the flies festering out of his blood magic.

>The eternal debate will be if that bloom is there because of 1) Malenia's first blooming, or 2) one of Millicent's sisters somehow blooming in there.
I'm tentatively on the side of it being the second one just because I don't think the Haligtree (and thus Elphael) even existed before Miquella and Malenia were born, though I have literally zero proof that it wasn't Marika who started their construction even before the twins were born.

Mistranslation

Can you get Melina to toss herself into the fire only to get the flame of frenzy?

>which is a mausoleum designed to house the old dragon elden lord
Is it?, I think it may have been way more important than that in the past.

Fundamentalists are basically religious scholars who use their minds and reasoning to deepen their understanding of their faith, which leads to inventions like the pulley crossbow
Radagon's ring is pretty fun now that they unfucked incantations shit

It's because they keep getting tortured that they turned themselves into living breathing turrets to keep fags away

It's a cocoon
Cocoon
Even the grace site is called Cocoon of the Employee
The comparison is nice on the other hand because Mogh was trying to reform Miquella using the power of the Formless Mother.