What's the verdict, Sonicbros?

What's the verdict, Sonicbros?

Attached: sonic-origins-releases-in-june.jpg (1920x1080, 384.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fanatical.com/en/game/sonic-origins-digital-deluxe
gamebanana.com/mods/244289
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

classicfags will seethe anyway because muh nostalgia and muh game accuracy
i on the other don't care it'll probably be good

I sleep with socks on.

> coins

I'm not impressed

>Decomps of Taxman Sonic 1, 2 and CD exist
>Sonic 3 A.I.R exists
Convince me to buy this for $40 when I already have the HD experience for $5 max.

>muh game accuracy
it literally includes the untouched originals

3 A.I.R doesn't fix physics bugs while this will but that's all I got, really.

60 maple bucks is too steep for a complete product so will sit on it until Christmas sales.

i knew that already
they'll probably complain about game accuracy anyway

Trick question, you don't have any money to begin with.

>sk3 finally on consoles after a long time
ok with me

I just started Sonic Forces. I didn't even know that that it existed lol

Day one for me, I can finally have all the Classics and Mania, running on the Retro Engine, in one place. Better late than never, I say.

Attached: 1556224709183.png (292x276, 86.95K)

I sleep with shoes on
i will buy it, but only when/if denuvo is removed

The cutscenes and islands are nice but it seriously needs the Saturn games, arcade games and game gear games

>40 bucks for 5 roms
If you buy this you are an actual cuckold

could've been way worse

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 1.02M)

Pirate on Switch, buy the physical edition if I like it.
Only reason I bought Mania on digital was because I was sure it wouldn't get a physical release.

Porting Sunshine and Galaxy was more work than porting some Mega Drive ROMs tbf.

Actual game is looking good, but way too overpriced and confusing and scummy bullshit with dlc/preorder bonuses. Also denuvo on PC lel.
6/10, wait until a decent sale/pirate it.

what does that have to do with anything

>Porting Sunshine and Galaxy was more work than porting some Mega Drive ROMs tbf
not it wasn't, they weren't even ports. they're all emulated, well except for half of galaxy kinda.

I disagree. A whole engine was made for these ports and they couldn't even get sunshine at 60 fps or widescreen on 64. Not to mention $60 for roms only on sale for a limited fucking time.

I kind of wish you could use widescreen with the old lives system. I'm thinking of new players here, I know a ton of people whose main gripe with trying out the old Sonic games is that they're not widescreen, so it sucks that they can't just play in widescreen with everything else being original and instead its locked to an easier mode.

They've been on xbox for years

Classic Sonic is overrated.

Shit emulated copies, yeah. This is a native remake with fixed physics/collision and proper widescreen.

For those that say that are wary about the price you can get a discounted digital deluxe version on fanatical right now for $35.99 which too me is what I think is a normal price for a remaster like this.

fanatical.com/en/game/sonic-origins-digital-deluxe

>inb4 denuvo
It's going to get removed sooner or later anyway.

Isn't it obvious?

Attached: IMG_20220420_160134.jpg (1080x1647, 266.38K)

How would you fix 2D Sonic gameplay? The idea is to go fast but the faster you go the harder it is to react to things in the level without already knowing what's ahead.

>It's going to get removed sooner or later anyway
cope

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-21 175405.png (581x967, 218.49K)

what do we make of this 'leak' bros

>Metal playable
Kinda weird but if they give him hover/Ring Spark Field and peel-out/V. Maximum Overdrive Attack I'll be very fucking happy.

Attached: file.png (950x334, 335.16K)

What's there to fix? Going fast is a reward for skilled play, that's the idea.

>Sonic Mania removed

Thanks for proving my point.

>autistic memorization
>skill

In good 2D Sonic games (1, 2, CD, 3K, Mania), you come to a natural stop when you're forced to slow down to do some platforming. Thus it rarely feels like you're punished for going fast, especially if you roll or spindash.
In bad 2D Sonic games (Advance series, Rush series, 4), you're punished for going too fast by falling into a bottomless pit nobody would ever see coming.

didn't they confirm knuckles wasn't playable in CD?

Is it being made by Christian Whitehead? If so, I'm sold

gonna pirate and hope they remove denvo so i can buy it without scum DRM in my face

what are the chances we get the mania sprites?

barring that what are the chances we get some interesting mods like AIR added into it?

think we'll get any mods so i can play as my waifu Blaze?

Attached: 1383347603900.jpg (720x570, 179.09K)

>you're punished for going too fast by falling into a bottomless pit nobody would ever see coming
seriously what the fuck is dimps's problem

can you play the taxman remakes with lives on?

on technicality, yes. he made the engin the games run on and technically made the remakes of 1 and 2, they were just stuck on mobile phones until now. not to mention he had a WIP for S3&K. but as far as im aware hes not -actually- on the team for them.

if im wrong someone please correct me

They're not ROMs, they're running on Taxman's Retro Engine
Stealth and Headcannon are doing it but Taxman did update the engine for it

>what are the chances we get the mania sprites?
Zero. They hate the gaijin for embarrassing them
>interesting mods like AIR added into it?
100% possible. But really unnecessary. Just continue modding Mania
>spoiler
I wish she had good spritework so I could make a mod for her.

>Zero. They hate the gaijin for embarrassing them
i've heard this a bunch of times. is there actual proof of this? or is it just an accepted rumor?

everything I've seen says no knuckles in CD but no hard confirmations I think.

I'm wondering how much you can unlock via coins, i know mirror mode is one but I'd bet drop dash is too, hence the incentive to pre-order and get 100 coins to get it right away instead of earn it. Also could be how to unlock Knuckles in S1/2 or Metal.

someone post the tweet that explains why it was hard for them to work with Sega. Then post the tweet that hints Mania 2 isn't happening.

>metal
why does everyone think metal will be playable.

I guarantee the best you'll get IF they even have other characters is Mighty and Ray. frankly I'll be shocked if we even get that.

what?

see

Too much money

Retard.

Well, those same people Sega supposedly hate are making Origins. Make of that what you will.

So it's just the 2011 remaster?

>I wish she had good spritework so I could make a mod for her.
Thoughts on the stuff used here?
gamebanana.com/mods/244289

Headcanon is. Evening Star is not from my understanding

We don't fully know. They're adding Drop Dash to S3&K, it'd be really weird to not at least add that to the rest of the games.

I'd rather have Super/Hyper Sonic in 1 and CD.

I sleep with a pair of leggings on.

They stripped lives in the good versions (anniversary) for coins

Nintenkeks payed $60 for 3 and a half roms without extras

(You) will never be a woman

Kys roastie

I'm getting it on switch

Stop being slow

If the switch version doesnt allow both joy cons to be p1 and p2 for someone to pick up as Tails its shit.

Why didn't they make Amy playable

Attached: 2042174708.png (1530x1980, 3.82M)

Doubt it too much work

Same
I don't see why it wouldn't.
What is a bit disappointing to me though, is that the Switch version won't be supported by the Genesis controller they just released alongside the NSO expansion pack, but oh well.

ehh no. Cats don't have snouts in Sonic's artstyle, she'd look closer to Rosy Rascal. While it is decent, "Classic Blaze" suffers from a modern design that doesn't crunch into a 4:3 game.

Artist brudda?