The Sonic Advance trilogy and the Sonic Rush trilogy are just as good as the Genesis trilogy...

The Sonic Advance trilogy and the Sonic Rush trilogy are just as good as the Genesis trilogy, so why don’t they get the recognition they deserve?

Attached: 6104AA75-C141-4CCF-85BF-3BFF4B1537BD.gif (498x498, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FCGiEIncR7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only Sonic Advance 2 is good

Everyone got filtered by bottomless pits.

>Dimps

why was cream weirdly OP in advance 2

honestly the bad pixel art annoyed me too much to play sonic advance

Sonic Advance is the only good one.

Are there any balance romhacks? I'd like to play as Cream without the easy modo.

Attached: 1615336836372.gif (540x540, 454.7K)

Egg Rocket is the absolute peak of the series. You cannot refute this.

>bad pixel art
Shit take detected,
get the fuck out.

>Sonic Rush
>trilogy

Attached: 1382202896554.jpg (500x348, 33.73K)

This

THQ publishing in the west means we can't get a remaster to fix the screen real estate.

>Maybe If you count Sonic colors DS as part of the trilogy

Colors DS is just basically Rush 2,5.

Rush
Rush Adventure
Colors DS

Sonic Colors on the DS is a better rush game than Sonic Rush Adventure

funny i would say thats the worst one
1>3>2
maybe its because its the only one i didnt have a kid though. i never looked it up online or anything so 2 was kind of mysterious

i also played the shit out of rush adventure as a kid, no idea if its any better than the first one

>amy is the only one with visible panties in her sprites
SONIC ADVANCE: NOT THE GAME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR

I miss sites with all those custom sonic advance sprites for making flash movies

>still no decent fan ports/remasters
These need widescreen even more desperately than the 30 year old genesis games. Their resolution/general screen real estate has been fucked since day 1.

There’s an advance collection coming out this holiday though?

On handhelds, and just not quite as cool stylistically. All of the music and stuff in the originals is iconic. In Sonic Advance, it's fine.

I barely remember Advance games, honestly, I know I finished them all a couple times as a kid, but I can remember the Genesis games much more clearly despite not having played them in years either. That probably says something about their level design and/or how much fun I had with them.

The gameplay from SA3 is actually pretty good.
The duo system is incredibly fun and it would be nice to see it come back (with the inclusion of Shadow/Rouge/Gamma) in future games.

The 2d style is pretty fresh and cool-looking.
They could make a "sonic mania" revival, if anything.

sonic advance mania with rogue, blaze, shadow, and omega

Sonic Advance 1 is on par with the Genesis games
Sonic Advance 2 suffers from trying to be Sonic Rush before it had a screen and level designs to compensate for the speed
Sonic Advance 3 was okay but a jumble of far too many ideas in one package

Sonic Rush, even though it has level designs that compensates for the speed, is still trash. Sonic 4 uses the exact same physics, just with the dash removed. The music, bosses, special stages, and story are the only good parts. Sonic Rush Adventure fixes some things, but forcing you to grind stages repeatedly for resources really makes it a drag to play through, and the special stages went from being great in the first one to total shit in this one.
Sonic Colors DS is Sonic Rush Adventure's physics and level designs but with wisps instead of part grinding.

Sonic Rivals 1 & 2 are also comparable titles but waaah PSP.

It's some of the best pixel art on the system. The amount of high quality sprite work and animation they did is still impressive.

Attached: takemymoney.jpg (1023x576, 93.65K)

>monkeys paw
>its made by a weird developer who does half-good, halfbad

Attached: red shadow.png (995x750, 597.01K)

This is bait.
I love the Rush Trilogy, but this is blatantly bait.

youtube.com/watch?v=FCGiEIncR7w

You probably didn't play a lot of GBA games then.
SA has impressive sprite work if you look ate the GBA library
If you wanna see some shitty pixel art look at some screenshots of Army man, Golden Sun, Lady Sia, GTA or any tony hawk games.

Because they came out in the "dark age" when the main console games were shit and spinoffs, and the voice actor arguments were getting so heated relatively "normal" internet users were becoming more aware of the hilarious autism of the sonic fanbase.

Sonic mania and the OG sonics are honestly shit.
There are way too many parts that stop your momentum and force you into shitty precision platforming. Sonic slides around and has the worst fucking platforming controls of any platformer ever so those parts are shit and they make up over half the game time.

thats why they fix..ha...fix it with wide screen, tighter controls, and better level design or options.
For example, SA2 has options of covering deathpits and adding speed boosters

>not boosting
There's your problem.

The Rush games didn't sell well enough.

And Advance is trapped in legal no mans land.

People care about the originals because of childhood. Nobody would give a fuck to Sonic 1 and CD otherwise.
So it doesn't really matter how good the rest of the 2-D games are .

It's hilarious that rolling downhill makes you lose momentum
In a Sonic game

legal no mans land? what do you mean?

The switch is getting GBA games soon so hopefully the GBA Sonic games show up on there

Class action lawsuit for exposing a fox's asshole to thousands of minors

Attached: tails detailed ass and asshole.jpg (1200x796, 135.93K)

THQ published the Advance trilogy, so Sega can't rerelease them without their say so.

Because they're not as good as the genesis trilogy.

Imagine THQ not wanting to publish everything they can like some nonfrog Ubisoft

Nooo!
Ohh? Even when they were bankrupted?
Not even Sonic battle or Pinball Party?

>The Sonic Advance trilogy and the Sonic Rush trilogy are just as good as the Genesis trilogy
They were not.

Didn't the AMA on 8gag confirm they lost the publishing rights?

Sonic looks like crap compared to what he looked like on genesis

i seen a post that says theyve been rereleased only in japan

Most men would not easily chub from a single pixel
I am not most men

Attached: 1649110639426.png (640x551, 203.15K)

>1>3>2
More like 3=1 > 2.
Autorun bosses in sonic were a plague in 3D and shouldn't be in 2D games. Advance 2 was also my first game out of the trilogy, and while it improved in speed, it fell short of good vertical level design.

Rush Adv > Colors DS > Rush

They were great at portraying the current depiction of Sonic at the time, they're a bit rough in some places but you have to consider they were dealing with the GBA's shitty aspect ratio.
Then again I'm bias towards the sprite after seeing it used in so many flash animations.

Attached: ExYJZWDWgAANiSX.png (1130x636, 15.53K)

How about you don't press the B button?

I'd ignore mass bait. The spritework for Advance and Battle was very well animated. I wish they made Advance Mania and added Team Dark and Blaze to the game.

Attached: 322416735213.gif (1200x675, 3.15M)

How about sonic battle?
Is it part of the advance lore?
Shall it be included in any revival?

I wouldn't mind if they re-launches it in a system with better online.
Game was incredibly fun to customize combos,
but kinda repetitive some times.
It'd be cool if they could launch a casual/tournament mode where you have everything unlocked and a good online matchmaking.

Attached: bsbe-hires.png (1680x1120, 60.82K)

let's be real, they are far better than the genesis troonshit.

>Is it part of the advance lore?
Where the fuck do you think G-mel/Gemerl came from?

Attached: 8a54966408ec28a274228e9d71a86079879f8307r1-800-566v2_00.jpg (512x362, 49.15K)

This is possibly the worst opinion I've heard all year

Attached: sonic-advance-cream.gif (498x379, 1.49M)

I remember a black version of G-mel
as sub boss in SA3 but I don't remeber seeing
THE G-mel in the game per se. Maybe I forgot? Is it in the Cream story only?

>"genesis troonshit"
This has got to be the most peak zoomer thing I have ever fucking read in my life. Just how exactly does your retarded little, common-core-educated head conclude that anything from the Genesis era was "troonshit"?

Gemerl is Emerl. "G-Mel" is the Japanese name for Gemerl. You see Gemerl having tea with Cream and Vanilla after you beat the final boss, which you evidently never fucking did if you think Gemerl was a side boss and don't recall any of the ending at all.

Attached: sa3finalending.png (500x222, 72.08K)

>I remember a black version of G-mel
That is G-mel
>as sub boss in SA3 but I don't remeber seeing
G-mel is the main antagonist in SA3
>THE G-mel in the game per se.
SA3 is the only game G-mel has appeared in
>Maybe I forgot? Is it in the Cream story only?
It's the entire story and the final ending chapter's entire focus

G merl is the updated version of E Merl Eggman made in SA3 since the original was destroyed in Sonic Battle.

In the same sense Metal Sonic from Heroes is the updated version of Metal Sonic from CD which Robotnik made since the original was also destroyed.
Do you have a fucking point or something?

I'd like that

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 604.94K)