How come console wars have been a thing for such a long time? I've always watched these people shitfling...

How come console wars have been a thing for such a long time? I've always watched these people shitfling, but I don't understand the mentality behind it. What's the point?

Attached: 1642798241627.jpg (556x552, 32.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCgG7Y-XqEw
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.video.nintendo/c/rhQI4UdraQ0/m/96qFHvTOkhUJ
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.video.nintendo/c/GtPcY8Og-kA/m/v0urnljX298J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because most people can't afford to buy them all, so they have to feel justified that they made the right purchase.

I bet Mifflin Devin browses Yea Forums to this day, having accomplished nothing of value in the last 25 years of his miserable existence.

>Because most people can't afford to buy them all
Sounds like bullshit unless they're 12 years old

you would know

And he was right.

poor people who can't afford more than 1 system.

literally favela dwellers are the ones on Yea Forums starting those threads.

mifflin has left more of an impact on history than you ever will, little man

Seething Sonybro

It comes down to My "tribe" > Your "Tribe" being something ingrained in humanity.

some things never change

t. retard or possibly a NIGGER

Attached: 1574408613645.png (1080x1192, 175.51K)

Sonybro = Sonybro = Son-igger

TEST

children with too much time. Most adults can just go out and buy each console. If you can't why are you posting on an imageboard? go study statistics or something and get a 100k job

Time is a flat circle.

Attached: 75eb63eea9f6438a44694fbfbe3dd060f0eee462dee82b44060faad9dc4726e3_1.jpg (640x651, 75.53K)

based Rebecca

Attached: 1444393619583.png (510x125, 19.93K)

Because the corporations encouraged people picking sides towards them. This shit was happening well before SEGA ever entered the videogames market.

youtube.com/watch?v=cCgG7Y-XqEw

Anyone got one with SEGA mentioned?

Hi Mifflin

It's the nerd kid version of sports team rivalries.
>have no self-determination
>build part of your identity around an arbitrarily chosen "team"
Boom, from now on your team's victories are your victories (nevermind that you gain nothing from it and have exactly zero merit in it) and the other team's losses are something you can lord over them (nevermind they lost absolutely nothing from it and it's not their fault in any way).

Attached: uvalaugh.gif (210x174, 482K)

why would somoene with every console care about console wars when they can play everything?

it's poor faggots who only own a switch for example who do that shit. like you, a monkey who probably makes $10 USD a week

how will console peasants ever recover?

Attached: usenet 1996.png (560x365, 21.79K)

Consolewar = poorfags.
Simple as.

>why yes i own MULTIPLE machines with no games

im proud of you bro. show me your yacht next. wait what do you mean you dont own a yacht? i thought you were rich?

would we be better off if he was right?

if only rebecca knew what the sonic fandom would become

Low intellect, lack of money, lack of ability to think in general.
Most importantly: tribalism.
Am I describing Yea Forums or the types of people that participate in console wars unironically?

this could be a modern Yea Forums post couldn't it?

>mario 64 is okay but not like the mature games a mature gamer such as myself plays
wew lad

Attached: 1635268443921.png (1306x713, 99.34K)

>Pretendo 69
>Playshitstation

based

Basically . It's like hooligans but with less alcohol and more autistic.

Attached: iu.jpg (964x638, 70.48K)

It's not just a system/platform thing. People talk shit about everyone and everything, in a us vs them mentality in general. Waifufags argue which girl is best, rosterfags argue which character should be in or not be in something, infighting between faggots regarding which installments is the best/worst, etc.

>implying he's not
Playstation is dead. He just didn't predict that Nintendo would turn into a self-feeding zombie as well.

powerful

GTA was already around at that time but it was still a niche series.

>spending $1000 every ~10 years on consoles is rich people behavior according to favela monkeys

Can be applied to anything really

Attached: Pk4JdG2.png (922x1390, 195.06K)

i think if i'd be a billionaire i wouldn't buy a single video game or console cause they all suck and none of them delivers anything i want to experience.

You probably weren't a kid who was a Nintendo fanboy or a Sega fanboy because your parents could only afford a SNES or a Genesis. Console wars now are stupid though because you should be able to afford everything you want to buy, unless you are a failure like your parents.

If I was a billionaire I wouldn't need videogames because I'd have a fortune to manage and I'd also probably have bitches at my whim.

This thread reminds me of my favorite thing Skub

And now here come the skubfags as if this thread wasn't cancerous enough already.

Attached: 1630717847854.jpg (640x709, 58.67K)

I feel like there's a very good chance Dave Chappele made this post.

>How come console wars have been a thing for such a long time?
theres always kids which mommy wont buy them more than 1 console every 5 years

Tribalism has existed since we were monkeys. Console wars is an extension of that

Pcfags were always insufferable assholes

Dreamcast has no games.

Attached: dc.png (1557x668, 82.57K)

consoles only exist to prevent piracy and paired with online activation it even allows for preventing reselling games.
you literally pay for their copyright protection.

Attached: EsZKVdRUUAM0IYO.jpg (545x362, 29.57K)

>get real, play it cool, play Sega
Rebecca is a goddamn shill

when i was a child my male cousins had a playstation, i had a playstation, all my friends at school had a playstation. the only one who owned a super nintendo was my female cousin. playing simcity on it was kinda comfy though.

Also it sucks compared to PC. Disgusting consolefags playing at 480p.

Attached: pc.png (1531x276, 26.34K)

How do we convince console war fags to realize the truth that console wars are bullshit and gay so that they shut the fuck up?

Attached: fuck_it.jpg (480x360, 9.56K)

Was actually completely spot on

we can't
we must let time pass so they can become non-retarded or adults

Looking through the Nintendo usenet group, there were a lot of people claiming that the Dreamcast would die in a year or 2 that got it right. But then there's posts like this one that did not age well.
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.video.nintendo/c/rhQI4UdraQ0/m/96qFHvTOkhUJ

You know what they say about a broken clock. I bet every console had this same prediction. Easy to see people who "predicted it" in hindsight.

Remember when about 15 years ago people were claiming that "consoles are dead" because of smartphones?

Remember how every year used to be "The Year of Linux" until even Linuxfags stopped saying it because it had become a meme of always being wrong?

Tribalism is part of human nature. This isn't exclusive to video games.

He works at a bank. You can find him on linkedin

Yeah, most of it is just blatant fanboyism that managed to land correctly that time, they thought the Gamecube would absolutely destroy the PS2 and that the PS2 would be killed in the same way. I just think it's interesting how little has changed, here's a large thread about piracy from 1993.
groups.google.com/g/rec.games.video.nintendo/c/GtPcY8Og-kA/m/v0urnljX298J