Elden Ring Lore Thread

Let's keep it going, last one just archived.

Continuing where we last left off about the BKAs and their locations. Here's a mural found around the Eternal cities that seems to be about the Numen arriving on boats and nurturing trees and shit. We now Marika established the Order as a numen so that all makes sense, and most people seem to think Nox=Numen, just ones that tried to go against the GW with the fingerslaying blade and were banished underground as a result.

So anyway what are the BKAs doing in Ordina?

Attached: HeiroglyphStory.png (581x1305, 1.62M)

check to catalog, mongoloid

We already agreed we're ignoring threads started by the translation faggots, nobody wants to watch extremely autistic faggots sperging about moon runes for 500 posts.

waiting for refugees from the other thread to come home

I have questions.
1. When did the Eternal City/Nox actually get sent underground? Do we have a definite timeline on when this happened?
2. Was the Eternal City literally sunk underground or did the Nox just get banished there? If the latter, why are there no Eternal City ruins topside?
3. If the answer to Question 2 is the former, what does the nameless Eternal City being under Leyndell mean?

>elden ring

Zanzibart... Forgive me...

The BKA probably aren't an organization anymore, they each work for someone different.

What was his problem?

Attached: FQ49NVbaQAA-7a-.jpg (1267x1195, 156.33K)

The answer to ALL 3 is Zanzibart did it.

zanzibart... didn't forgive it...

Miquella is alive and well somewhere and will come back. Mogh is fucking an empty body.

Attached: Miquella.jpg (1920x1080, 431.08K)

1. My theory is that the initial establishment of the Golden Order was kind of a Numen civil war. Marika took the GW side, on the other side was the Gloam Eyed Queen. The Numen that sided with Marika won, the GEQ obviously lost, and all her supporters were banished and/or sealed underground.
2. I don't think the cities were literally sunk. There's no evidence of cities being sunk that I'm aware of. Also, there are the Ulh (Uld?) Palace ruins in Lirunia, where the mausoleums are. Those are clearly connected to the stuff that's underground in appearance.

Oh my god its Loss

I'm pretty sure the Haligtree is referred to as an empty husk after Miquella's body is taken, but I forget where that's said. Maybe gideon?

Another interesting thing about that. Miquella's cocoon is shaped like a ruptured uterus. Hell, the bones the cocoon is sitting on look like fucking pelvic bones. It's clear it's made to look like Miquella got ripped out of the womb by Mohg

Attached: 2ykpxyzwosq81.jpg (1120x916, 75.71K)

is...is that an actual medical diagram? That can actually happen?
Also yea that looks almost copy pasted to what we see in game in mohgwyns palace. I don't think the face in the haligtree is an actual being, it's just symbolic of the tree holding the womb Miquella is in.

Bumping the actual thread, please stop giving the mentallly ill translation fag attention so we can have substantial lore threads again.

The Haligtree is dying because it doesn't have Miquella in it tho

Yes. It's rare but can happen if the pressure during pregnancy is too much or the women did a c section.

Dying because of no miquella, and rotting because Malenia with no needle around it. It's FUBAR.

That's a pretty cute elden beast though

COMING OUT OF MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOING JUST FINE

>Ranni
>Rykard (maybe fused with Tanith)
>Malenia
These three always survive the game, you think they'll show up in a DLC/sequel? Miquella is a given since he's plenty foreshadowed.

Attached: 1650063079276.jpg (297x300, 33.01K)

Depends whether you believe Malenia's bloom against the player was her 2nd or 3rd bloom. If it was her 3rd then she's dead and gone. Also Tanith can be fought and killed, so she and rykard are dead.

Isn't Rykard immortal though? He's still alive while Tanith is eating him. Also I thought the giant flower that shows up after you beat Malenia implies she's still there.

>Ranni gets her old body and fights you with bullshit moonnigger magic

Rykard could just be full of shit about being immortal.

Up to interpretation I guess. I thought Rykard was dead. At least, once you release the rune of death he should die for good. As for Malenia, I interpreted it as her blooming for the third and final time when she goes into phase 2. When you kill her as "goddess of rot" that's her last life, and she dies when you kill her. As to why her flower appears after you kill her...it's obviously lame but I think it's just for gameplay reasons, they don't want a giant flower in the arena - it's the same flower from the phase transition bloom.

HA! I told you homos Marika and the numen planted the Erdtree weeks ago. Eat it!

wise loremaster, can you interpret the third and fourth panels of the pic? Boats, then Trees, then ???

The third is hard because I can't see what they're holding, but otherwise they're seem to be around a table. I the fourth though they're very obviously presenting some sort of book or page, which I imagine is imagery of writing the Golden Order. In my interpretation, the Golden Order also comes from Marika, not from the GW.

Brutal

Attached: 1212131.png (558x497, 468.94K)

That's what I'm thinking as well. I think panel 3 is supposed to be them having children, it kind of looks like some of them are holding babies. Then Panel 4 definitely seems to indicate some sort of rule of law or order like you say. Also there's apparently children in panel 4, which would make sense if panel 3 was babies.

So basically, the story told is: come on boats, nurture/grow trees, have lots of babies, found the Order. The story of the Numen.

are... are these THE HANDBAGS?

AAAAAAAAHHH IM GOING INSANE

Attached: saaa.png (1078x544, 405.56K)

I thought of babies as well. Are there other murals like this one?

SAVE ME NIGGERMAN

Attached: blehb8cnzi521.png (2296x762, 3.99M)

The other murals I've found seem to just be crests or sigils, these are the only story murals I could find.

I must be missing some previous thread context or something but this is still funny

Have we figured out if the crucible was here before the GW and the GW transformed it into the erdtree or did the GW create the crucible with it evolving into the erdtree?

>if the crucible was here before the GW
nope. we know nothing

Is Melina really the gloam eyed queen?

Yeah, Miquella is St. Trina

maybe. she certainly has a gloamy eye

not knowing this is kind of annoying. I want to know if GW is bad or not but it's all ambiguous at this point especially because we don't know why Marika chimped out. :/

Numen are scions of the eternal cities. This means they're descended from the Nox, not ancestors of the Nox.

>So anyway what are the BKAs doing in Ordina?
Being sealed in a city-sized evergaol so they couldn't reach the Haligtree.

I think melina is what became of the GEQ after Marika defeated her. I don't think she remembers her previous existence as the GEQ though.

Numen are tarnished aren't they? Since you can look like one from the character creation. (just adding to your point not trying to contradict)

They're guarding it, though. You telling me BKAs can't kill a couple of archers and light some torches?

Clearly not all of them since Marika is numen too but yeah some can be.

Be kind, BKAs are fucking retarded after that night.

Wait but if Marika is numen would that help to explain why she wants tarnished to mend the elden ring? Since tarnished can be numen.

What? Marika made the tarnished by taking grace away from Godfrey and his dudes, to return it after they die. Anyone can be tarnished the numen aren't anything special in that regard.

Yea this is what I don't get, they've got to be guarding it. But them guarding it makes no sense, unless they're being forced to guard it somehow?

I have a feeling the DLC won't be post-game, but slot in just before the endgame.

Oh ok makes sense.

The BKAs are inconsistent, like the Godskins or Crucible Knights, they don't seem to be a unified organisation with one singular goal but they're spread out doing different stuff. Alecto's locked up, some are guarding their secrets/catacombs, one is chilling in the capital right next to Morgott unharmed, then there are those guarding the Haligtree. It just seems like they're all doing their own thing.

Yea the capital one is especially weird, since we know the BKAs fled the queen's bedchamber and lost Tische in the process on the Night of Black Knives. How is there a BKA just sleeping outside the bedchamber? They just pretended to be dead and nobody ever bothered them?

Might be a reference to Genie watering sacred trees in Middle Eastern myths. Genie tended to be bird headed (messenger of sky/god) and watered the tree with basically a pine cone and water-pail that looked like a purse.

I used to go to the ancient history wing of art museums a lot as a kid.

Middle is a Genie from Assyaria, I think.

Oh fuck I think you guys are actually right. Also doesn't "Numen" mean godlike beings or something like that?

Their japanese name is 'marebito' or something. Roughly translates to 'fairy/spirit person'. They're elves man

the fuck

>long-lived, but seldom born
This didn't tip you off?